Hurricane Katrtina, New Orlenes, and the Army Corps. of Engineers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Smallville
Disclaimer:

I apologize if this was discussed, however I searched but to no avail. Please, take necessary actions to see that this is moved to the appropriate spot.

I was watching the news sometime over the weekend, when stumbled across townspeople of the puddle once referred to as New Orlenes arguing that the Army Corps. of Engineers were to blame for the fate they had suffered. According to their arguments, and some of the Sergeants appointed over me, the Engineers who were assigned to fortify the Levy's had squandered the money they were payed and merely "prettied" the Levy's.

Obviously, the Engineers screwed them. And, to me they should pay.

However, what I want to ask is... if you were told "Hey, lets move to a city that was established on land that is Below sea level," would you? It is like the people that live in Tornado Alley. Understandably, some people are stuck in their ways, and will naturally come back with "I have a job here," "I've lived here my entire life," and all of those scapegoats. I just dont get it.

Thoughts?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.