What Horror DVD's are you getting for Christmas?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

deathbycorn
I've made up a nice little list for Santa to get me for Christmas big grin

Children of the Corn 4,5,6,7
Who Can Kill a Child?
Devils Rejects
Carnage Road
The Funhouse
Tourist Trap
Dr. Chopper
The Undertow
Mountin of the Cannibal God
Cannibal Apocalypse
Jungle Holocaust
Cannibal Ferox
Castle Freak
Copycat
Detour

LizzyT123
Is the Funhouse a movie about some teens going to a carnival, and a freak in a Frankenstein mask is running around killing people? if it is I want that, lol.

I want.....The Devil's Rejects!

BackFire
Land of the Dead, Devils Jrejects, Cannibal Holocaust.

jayy
Originally posted by LizzyT123
Is the Funhouse a movie about some teens going to a carnival, and a freak in a Frankenstein mask is running around killing people? if it is I want that, lol.

I want.....The Devil's Rejects!

Something like that.

What I want on DVD:

Evil Dead II

The Shining

Friday Part's 1 & 2

ANOES Part 1

TCM Original

Phantasm

Night Of The Demons

Day Of The Dead Original

cool

Xtremechik2
The Nightmare on Elm Street Collection
Friday the 13th Collection
Excorism of Emily Rose

Wolfie
The Chucky Collection
Seed of Chucky
Hellraiser: Hellworld
Evil Dead 1&2 Book of the Dead Editions
Dead Alive
Halloween 2&4

SnakeEyes
Why would anyone in the right mind even think about buying Seed of Chucky!?! WHY?

Nevermind
I'd like to get Cannibal Holocaust hopefully I will! I might get a few other horrors too.

Wolfie
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Why would anyone in the right mind even think about buying Seed of Chucky!?! WHY?
Someone already told me she's getting it for me to complete my Chucky collection. Even if it is bad, it's a thoughtful gift. cool

kmcdude
I am going to get the Friday the 13th boxset......and thats all I know of or really want at the moment.........Although I will be buying the saw 2 dvd soon as it comes out.

papabeard
Devils Rejects
Land of the Dead
Phantasm Silver Globe Box Set
Friday the 13th Boxset
Cannibal Holocaust

jayy
Originally posted by papabeard
Devils Rejects
Land of the Dead
Phantasm Silver Globe Box Set
Friday the 13th Boxset
Cannibal Holocaust

Phantasm, awesome!! I loved all those movies. I'll have to check into getting that as well. The Tall Man!!

Friday The 13th Boxset? Damn. I love it. You guys know how to pick some good gifts. I know what I'm asking for.

cool

Wolfie
Yeah, the F13 box set is a really good set.

LizzyT123
dude, I wish I could get the F13 boxset! I probably don't have enough money for it, and I know my parents aren't gonna get me anything like that if it costs a lot of money!

Wolfie
Actually, when you think about it, it's a great deal. The set runs for about $50. Each movie individually runs about $10. You save $30 by buying the set. Also, for the DVD collectors, it takes up a great deal less space with the thin casing.

LizzyT123
hmmmm....Good deal, but I'd probably rather get a different series of horror movies, probably something like The Evil Dead ones, because F13's are all kinda perverted in a way, and I'm just a youngin smile

Wolfie
The F13 movies aren't the best, certainly not the worst, but the set is worth the price.

Impediment
American Psycho (Uncut Killer Collector's edition)
I Spit on your Grave (millenium edition)
Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer (2 disc 20th anniversary edition)
Night of the Living Dead (millenium edition)
Tales from the Crypt: The Complete 2nd Season

papabeard
Originally posted by LizzyT123
hmmmm....Good deal, but I'd probably rather get a different series of horror movies, probably something like The Evil Dead ones, because F13's are all kinda perverted in a way, and I'm just a youngin smile

More perverted than being raped by a tree or the Devils Rejects?

LizzyT123
Originally posted by Impediment
American Psycho (Uncut Killer Collector's edition)
I Spit on your Grave (millenium edition)
Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer (2 disc 20th anniversary edition)
Night of the Living Dead (millenium edition)
Tales from the Crypt: The Complete 2nd Season

oh dude, I'm dying for the second season of Tales From the Crypt!

LizzyT123
Originally posted by papabeard
More perverted than being raped by a tree or the Devils Rejects?

Lol, good point. But, that raped by a tree thing only happened on the first Evil Dead, and I mean, I watched the Devils Rejects alone......but when I saw most of the F13's, my dad was watchin it with me, I felt kinda uncomfortable. Whatever, I am 14, you guys are older than me, its weird.

Wolfie
I understand what you're saying. Every F13 movie requires a few naked chicks.

deathbycorn
hahaha im just watching Freddy vs Jason again and was just thinking the same thing!!!

LizzyT123
lol! I liked that one part on Jason X (which wasn't that good of a movie) where the two camping girls were like,"We love premarital sex!"

MildPossession
Some horror films/films with horror elements dvds I would like for Christmas are:

Misery: Special Edition
Ring Trilogy Box Set
Onibaba - Criterion Edition
Black Christmas - Anniversary Edition
Repulsion - Anchor Bay edition
The Brood - Anchor Bay edition
Val Newton Horror Collection
The Wickerman - 2 disc Collector's Edition
Prom Night
The Haunting - Original
Exorcist III
Corpse Bride
Sapphire and Steel TV series box sets

LizzyT123
Whats The Exorcist III about? I've seen the first and second, but not the third.

MildPossession
See here: http://imdb.com/title/tt0099528/

papabeard
I quite like the Exorcist 3, I think it definitley inspired the makers of Se7en.

There is also a serial killer who killed people in a very similar way in America shortly after the film was released and I think he was referred to as the Gemini Killer.

PS : Repulsion is an excellent film.

LizzyT123
Is Se7en that movie where at the end they find Gwenyth Paltrow's head in a box?

papabeard
Yeah alien

LizzyT123
I saw like the whole ending with my brother, but I never saw the whole thing. Is it worth buying, or at least renting?

deathbycorn
It's only one of the best horror movies of the last decade!

Juwanna
back to the subject people. laughing out loud

Land of the Dead
Leprechaun Series
Event Horizon

papabeard
Evil Dead Trilogy or The Books of the Dead

Wolfie
Originally posted by Juwanna
back to the subject people. laughing out loud

Land of the Dead
Leprechaun Series
Event Horizon
I tried watching Leprechaun Back 2 Tha Hood a while ago and changed the channel within the first ten minutes. I just felt myself losing IQ points by the second. The first two weren't bad though.

Juwanna
Originally posted by Wolfie
I tried watching Leprechaun Back 2 Tha Hood a while ago and changed the channel within the first ten minutes. I just felt myself losing IQ points by the second. The first two weren't bad though.

the directors by now realized the movie series isnt horror. its comedy. you need to watch far more than 10 mins in anyway to see any funny parts. like when hes smoking the bonb and stufflaughing out loud that part was hilarious

deathbycorn
That is the best part in any Leprechaun.

A choofing Leprechaun!

WindDancer
None for me.

But I highly suggest you guys buy Cannibal Holocaust 25th Anniversay DVD. Trust me on this one. A great quality DVD with lots of extras and is a crowing jewel to any DVD horror collection.

BaronOBeefDip
So far, the only DVDs I'm hoping to get this year is the Nightmare On Elm Street boxed set.

LizzyT123
Getting ANOES for Christmas would be pretty cool, but the last few ANOES were pretty bad, like New Nightmare, and Dreamchild. Also, FvJ wasnt that good either.

Juwanna
Originally posted by deathbycorn
That is the best part in any Leprechaun.

A choofing Leprechaun!

or when hes riding a tricycle at 40 mphlaughing out loud

or driving a go kart and getting pulled over by the cops laughing out loud

papabeard
New Nightmare is pretty good

MildPossession
Same here, New Nightmare is one of my favourites out of the lot.

Black Christmas is off my list, getting that in a few days time.

Wolfie
New Nightmare and ANOES 2 were the worst, IMO. I didn't have a big problem with The Dream Child, personally. Super Freddy!

LizzyT123
My favorite ANOES's are probably 1,3, and probably.....4 I think?

Wolfie
Same here.

papabeard

Wolfie
That's the only reason I'd get TCM 2, if it was that cheap. There was maybe one scene in the whole movie that I liked.

p_s_luvit1989
My mom still attempts to force me to believe in santa claus, so I snooped for this one
(thanks for the reason to look smile )

TCM Original
Sleepaway Camp 1,2,&3
The bride with white hair
People under the stairs
Children Of the corn 1
Tales from the crypt complete 1st and 2nd season
Dr. Giggles
Leprachaun in da hood 1 (A friend with weed is a friend in deed!)
Night Of The Demons 1 & 2
and
Ed Gein

tabby999
only one i'd like (but know i'm not getting) is Se7en. other than that i'm not really in a horror movie buying mood, i'm more looking forward to getting Sin City to be honest

papabeard
Originally posted by tabby999
i'm more looking forward to getting Sin City to be honest

Me Too

LizzyT123
I really want that Tales from the Crypt 1+2 Seasons DVD set

deathbycorn
Sin City was utter crap!

I just bought the Se7en special edition for $30AUS with alternate endings and deleted scenes in this cool looking metalic chrome/silver box... R4 edition. It's awesome.

And I just got TCM 4 and Copycat for $10AUS each at Kmart big grin

Wolfie
You paid too much for TCM 4, IMO. I didn't buy McConaughey's performance, Zellweger was annoying, and Leatherface looked like a woman (moreso). His transvestite tendencies were done beautifully in the original TCM, overdone in TCM 4. Also, you're paying to see Matthew MConaughey kill people basically, not Leatherface.

LizzyT123
Yeah, TMC 4 was pretty lame. I really didn't like that movie.

deathbycorn
I like TCM 4 better than TCM 2...

Wolfie
TCM 2 was directed by Tobe Hooper, so he was trying to do something different with the movies. TCM 3 and 4 wounded up reusing material from the first movie. TCM 4 seemed to be just the first movie with prom kids and less Leatherface. I'd say TCM 2 was better, but not by much. TCM 3, IMO, is the best of the sequels.

deathbycorn
TCM 3 is better, yes.

K.Diddy
I just got ''Childs play'' and the ''Friday the 13th boxset'' big grin

BackFire
I got May, Land of the Dead, Cannibal Holocaust, Evil Dead 1, 2 book of the dead editions

Wolfie
I got The Chucky Collection (Child's Play 2, 3, Bride), Evil Dead 1&2: Book of the Dead Editions, Halloween II, Hellraiser: Hellworld, and Seed of Chucky.

Impediment
ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got every DVD I wanted from my parents, my lil' sis, and my friends!!

-American Psycho (Uncut Killer Collector's edition)
-I Spit on your Grave (millenium edition)
-Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer (2 disc 20th anniversary edition)
-Night of the Living Dead (millenium edition)
-Tales from the Crypt: The Complete 2nd Season

I'm very grateful that I have loved ones who acknowledge the fact that I'm a DVD collector, instead of buying me shit that I don't need or want.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by Impediment
ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got every DVD I wanted from my parents, my lil' sis, and my friends!!

-American Psycho (Uncut Killer Collector's edition)
-I Spit on your Grave (millenium edition)
-Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer (2 disc 20th anniversary edition)
-Night of the Living Dead (millenium edition)
-Tales from the Crypt: The Complete 2nd Season

I'm very grateful that I have loved ones who acknowledge the fact that I'm a DVD collector, instead of buying me shit that I don't need or want.

eek! I would LOVE to get Tales from the crypt...........Do you know how much it was?

redcaped
I want Hellraiser. I like the monsters and the puzzle box.

Impediment
Originally posted by K.Diddy
eek! I would LOVE to get Tales from the crypt...........Do you know how much it was?

It retails for around $39.99 but my friend that bought it said he paid only $30.00. Season one is only $19.99, because it's only 6 episodes, and a documentary (but totally worth it).

K.Diddy
I got Resident Evil Apocalypse as well.

LizzyT123
Originally posted by BackFire
I got May, Land of the Dead, Cannibal Holocaust, Evil Dead 1, 2 book of the dead editions

Oooh! May, good choice! I loved that movie.

LizzyT123
Originally posted by Wolfie
I got The Chucky Collection (Child's Play 2, 3, Bride), Evil Dead 1&2: Book of the Dead Editions, Halloween II, Hellraiser: Hellworld, and Seed of Chucky.

Ouch, no offense or anything, but did you buy Seed of Chucky just to fit a collection, or did you like that movie?

deathbycorn
I got everything I asked for + Manhunter.

I love Copycat, I wish they made a part 2...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.