I wonder who died?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
In the trailer with the funeral and all that.

I wonder who the funeral was for. Could be for jean I guess,

maybe not?

BAILY
well it could be 4 characters.... Jean being one of them.. but I am not gonna say who I think it is... because that isnt fair to teh unspoiled

Creshosk
Originally posted by BAILY
well it could be 4 characters.... Jean being one of them.. but I am not gonna say who I think it is... because that isnt fair to teh unspoiled theories and speculation are not spoilers.

Plus there is always the poiler] tags.

Example

NoFate007
I'm assuming its either Xavier, Cyclops, Magneto or someone like the president or something. Why? Cyclops wasn't shown much in the trailer, Magneto is a figurehead, as well as Xavier - and as someone mentioned on another post, this has a "Graduation" feel to it. President or something? Well, the funeral site looks expensive (which is why I don't think its Cyclops, per say) so they could be there to show their respect seeing as how not all mutants want to take over. Could be Angel since he's rich and having the "angel sacrifice" could work.

Mainstream
good news is it can't be Gambit because it's like a 99.6% he's not in it. maybe Xavier (forcing Scott and Jean to become headmaster and head mistress of the school) or magneto (meaning they'd have to quit using him in Xmovies and bring on....APOCALYPSE. I like magneto as much as the next guy but they use the guy in Xmen movies like he's the only villian...I mean the Xmen fight Apocalypse, Mr. Sinister, the Hellfire Club, Nimrod, the Brood, Phallanx just to name a few.

Disappear
my theory is that it's for jean, either pre-, post-, or during the time she's seen in the subbasement. if it's before, it's likely an empty grave, and more of a symbolic burial (akin to northstar's service in new x-men.) if it's after, that leads me to believe that only a few x-men know jean's alive and not well, and they'd rather keep the secret from the students (who were seen in their funeral attire.) i like that idea best of all. if it's during, then it'd be some combination of both, which would be confusing and without purpose, but would likely fit with my idea of what ratner wants done...

NoFate007
OK OK I just noticed something after staring at the shot with Storm in it.

Look at all the shrubbery and the vines and such on the building that Storm is facing.

Remind you of anything?

The building/mansion place that Warren Worthington is at? Eh? Eh?

Would Xavier, Cyclops, Jean or Magneto be buried on Angel's grounds? No!

.....I'm feeling so much better about this now that I don't think its Cyclops lol

Dr.Variant
its obviously for jean. she died in the end of #2. so duh

Jedi Shmedi
True, why do we automatically assume the funeral is at the end of the movie? For all we know it could be one of the opening scenes, so it's possible that it's for Jean, and which may help explain why Cyclops isn't there, he can't stand admitting Jean's dead, so he doesn't go to the funeral and goes for some "Scott time" wink back at the lake where Jean dissapeared. He looses it in the process and cries out in disbelief (the scene from the trailer)

But there are oh-so-many possibilities, so who knows for sure?

Dr.Variant
amen jedi Shmedi

Creshosk
It's more of a memorial, than a funeral, you might note that Professor Xavier is also missing, and Moira and Beast being there raises a question of it being near the begining, since We haven't been introduced to these characters in the movie verse and in order to have the emotional impact from their connection to the person in question we'd have to be introduced to them. Not really sure if Jean would really warrent an eternal flame memorial either. Outside of a writer pun that leads into eternal flame=phoenix, though there is no logical reason within the movieverse for them to give her that sort of memorial.

So the number of guests and the addition of characters that we are unfamiliar with (movieverse wise as non-comic book readers would have no idea who they are), the memorial and the absence of xavier are all dubious to it being jean.

NoFate007
Exactly. If it were at the beginning, AT LEAST Xavier would be there. And don't you think that they would've had the funeral earlier? They wouldn't wait a year to have a funeral or anything. Its obvious that some time has passed between 2 and 3 because Magneto has more Brotherhood members and we have other X-Men like Beast in the ranks. Cyclops and Xavier not being there makes me wonder who it is, because either of them would be at the funeral of someone. Cyclops would even be at Magneto's.

Logically it is either Xavier or Angel, seeing as how the buildings and the environment projects that of Angel's living quarters. That is something that is confusing me as well, because Xavier would not be placed there, he would be in a different place.

botcherby
Jean! she needs her funeral at the beginning of the film. that location being different doesn't mean anything

director changed, hence he'll do things differently. We saw that happen in Harry Potter.

Creshosk
There's no guarentee that its at Angel's place, someone only made mention of that due to the plant life being similar, when those just happen to be the same kinda of plants you would find in a location like that regardless, otherwise its like saying, oh well because there is that type of plant there it has to be that location, as that's the only place that that plant exists.

One thing that bothers me is at the end of the trailer right after the bridge is destroyed.

Also if it was Jean the only place it'd fit is at the start of the movie, and that of course means that as I said before the movieverse is being shown characters that we have noknowledge of so their precense doesn't have the impact it would if we knew who they were.

willRules
I hope it isn't xavier. patrick stewart plays an excellent performance as him in the other 2 movies.................

Disappear
why is so much being read into it? as best we know, everyone thinks jean's dead following the end of X-2. we know she's not, but why would they? clearly the trailer isn't putting things in sequential order, so cyke's lack of appearance at the funeral could be due to him going to alkali lake, where jean's found, brought back to the mansion, and eventually is "reborn." all these other ideas flying around with no merit, making guesses that it's at angel's place when all you see is the inside of his building and a view through a window? where the hell's that come from? it's jean's funeral, people. it's not hard to figure out.

NoFate007
The reason it can't be Jean's funeral, if you look at it, is that:

Beast is there, was human in X2 = time has passed
Kitty is older = time has passed
No Xavier?

You'd have to be an idiot to think that they would have Jean's funeral months/a year or so after her supposed death. So no, its not that hard to figure out, k Disappear? lol

As I've said before, I hope its not Cyclops, Xavier or Magneto, and if Jean dies again, it'll be stupid.

Creshosk
Originally posted by NoFate007
Kitty is older = time has passed
Not beiong a drawn medium its a little bit harder to control that aspect of the characters. . . seeing as how its a live actress and actors and actresses age. . .

Creshosk
Originally posted by Disappear
why is so much being read into it? as best we know, everyone thinks jean's dead following the end of X-2. we know she's not, but why would they? clearly the trailer isn't putting things in sequential order, so cyke's lack of appearance at the funeral could be due to him going to alkali lake, where jean's found, brought back to the mansion, and eventually is "reborn." all these other ideas flying around with no merit, making guesses that it's at angel's place when all you see is the inside of his building and a view through a window? where the hell's that come from? it's jean's funeral, people. it's not hard to figure out. Speaking of the trailer did eanyone find the end scene after the collapsing of the bridge a bit omnious?

crimsonphoenix
well all we need to do is figure out what it says on the thing......lol

Disappear
looks like more of a memorial service than a true funeral to me. you know, like if they didn't have a body to bury. consider with that that there's no disturbed ground surrounding the headstone...

kitty's age doesn't really matter, considering it's a new actress and kitty played no real role in the previous movies. beast needs only, say, three minutes to change from human to beast. you know, since it only took him drinking a special serum (which he may or may not have developed before/after his appearance in the previous movie.) i don't think there's any justification for saying any long amount of time has passed, or any reason to believe it's NOT jean's funeral/memorial service. one of the founding members of the x-men "dies" (for all they know,) but they just pass it by as if nothing happened, only to have a faux-funeral for someone else later?

vader519
Fro what I have heard and read, it is Professor X that is killed, and that scene in the trailer is his funeral.

NoFate007
Not just passing it off, I'm saying they already had a funeral for her between X2 and X3 offscreen. We don't even know how much time has passed from the last Alkali lake scene till Wolverine says "she chose you". Naturally you can assume it was a day or two, a week at the most maybe, but they would've had a funeral soon afterwards. Not immediately but they wouldn't wait even a month to do it. Now if at the most they did wait a month, you're telling me that in that month we have Kitty growing up, Beast turning into Beast and joining the X-Men, Juggernaut's backstory that isn't told already in X3, Magneto recruiting ALL those extra people, and whatever else they haven't even shown yet? I doubt it.

Disappear
you're assuming that all of those are prerequisites to jean's funeral. beast could've become the beast ANYTIME. from his appearance in X-2, there's absolutely no indication whether or not he's prepared his serum, and he could change to beast at any time. that's an invalid assumption that a lot of time must pass for beast to become beast. kitty's being played by another actress, and considering she was hardly established in the other movie, there's no reason to hold her "aging" as a prerequisite. and, considering magneto's new front seems to be against the "cure," a plot explained within the movie itself, his gathering likely doesn't happen until sometime WITHIN the plot itself. none of your arguments can distinctively disprove it's jean's funeral, and they go against logic! i don't see why you're so adamant on blind speculation that someone's gonna die when someone ALREADY "died," and logic would point to it being jean's funeral.

Stormluvr
god damn IT THAT F*CKIN TRAILOR SUCKED I WANTED TO SEE JEAN USE PHOENIX!!!!!!*crys*

Creshosk
Originally posted by Disappear
you're assuming that all of those are prerequisites to jean's funeral. beast could've become the beast ANYTIME. from his appearance in X-2, there's absolutely no indication whether or not he's prepared his serum, and he could change to beast at any time. that's an invalid assumption that a lot of time must pass for beast to become beast. kitty's being played by another actress, and considering she was hardly established in the other movie, there's no reason to hold her "aging" as a prerequisite. and, considering magneto's new front seems to be against the "cure," a plot explained within the movie itself, his gathering likely doesn't happen until sometime WITHIN the plot itself. none of your arguments can distinctively disprove it's jean's funeral, and they go against logic! i don't see why you're so adamant on blind speculation that someone's gonna die when someone ALREADY "died," and logic would point to it being jean's funeral. It's still a bad narrative to show all these guests, to whom we have no clue who they are (movie verse wise since we don't know who they are since we weren't introduced to them in the previous movies) for us to feel the impact of their attatchment to jean. There are far too many people, and the eternal flame would only serve for those who KNOW in the movieverse that Jean=phoenix, i.e the comic readers. It's also rather conspicuous that Xavier is missing when you think he'd be the one to be giveing a speech or eulogy for her.

Those are the biggest questions.

Disappear
i think it makes sense for storm to be a keynote speaker, with scott absent (likely in denial or canada) as she's jean's best friend. and is xavier just not there at all, or just not in that one "row" image? maybe he's mixed into the big ass, half-in-focus crowd.

i'd assume xavier would be at anyone's funeral, and since i highly doubt xavier just up and dies, then i'm still of the belief it's jean's.

xmarksthespot
Whose the woman on Beast's right? Sara Grey? Moira?

Creshosk
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Whose the woman on Beast's right? Sara Grey? Moira?

Moira who is played by Olivia williams

http://www.filmfestivals.com/pixus/festivals/sundance/2002/olivia_williams.jpg

Sara Grey isn't listed in the cast of the movie. . .

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Creshosk
Moira who is played by Olivia williams

http://www.filmfestivals.com/pixus/festivals/sundance/2002/olivia_williams.jpg

Sara Grey isn't listed in the cast of the movie. . . First off (this isn't addressed to you Cresh it's a general comment). The Angel thing. Why the hell would it be Angel? If you're gonna speculate at least be plausible.

Moira is suggestive of the funeral being Charles'. However a memorial service need not be at the very beginning of the movie, it doesn't proclude the introduction of Beast beforehand. I'd assume the movie will begin with a flashback scene of Xavier and (Magneto?) visiting young Jean, and if I recall correctly Beast drives them (can anybody confirm this?).

8bitChris
I'm guessing Cyclops.

Mardsen has already told us all about his schedule conflicts.

Jean also has to go bad for a reason right? Movie goers arn't going to understand the Phoenix so they'll have to throw in some traumatic event to make Jean go crazy.

I'm guessing it's the death of Cyclops. I'd put money on it. I'd also put money on Hugh Jackman...oops I mean Wolverine being the one to talk her down and stop her from destroying everything. Seal it with a kiss and tah dah...i've predicted the X3 movie.

jeezus...I hope i'm wrong.

Britrogue
Maybe it's Nightcrawler! We all know he's not in this film, and it IS Storm that's standing mournfully in front of the tombstone.......................

NoFate007
Doesn't Olivia Williams look like Liz Hurley in that shot? She's hot lol

nimbus006
Dam Britrogue i was about to post the same dam thing. It might not be the right answer but it does make some sense. I mean they had to kill of Alan Cummings for whatever reason, so maybe this is the funeral to let people know he's gone.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.