Mr. X vs. Gorgon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

scotsmn
Both of these guys are Wolverine Villains and their bios can be found at wikipedia.

Fight takes place in an arena.
Who takes this?

The following count as losses:
5 knockdowns
KO
Death

I'm SLIGHTLY leaning towards Mr. X simply because he can predict what Gorgon is going to do before he does it.

long pig
Psh, whatever world these two fight on will be utterly DESTROYED!

scotsmn
Originally posted by long pig
Psh, whatever world these two fight on will be utterly DESTROYED!

mad Do not underestimate their might!

long pig
I'm just saying that these two heavy hitters would surely destroy the planet, if not the universe, if they clashed.

scotsmn
I'm just saying that these two heavy hitters would surely destroy the planet, if not the universe, if they clashed.

Yeah, I know what you're sayin' buddy... keep it movin.. keep it movin

mad miffed

long pig
evil face
Yes....yes...
evil face

Piedmon
Ehhhh.....

Mr. X was good, but Wolverine was able to defeat him just by dropping into a Bezerker Rage. He was going totally all out against Gorgon, and it was doing precisely jack shit.

Also, I don't trust that Wikipedia Bio of Gorgon.... it says his speed and strength are "roughly equivelant to Spider-Man," but from the way he simultaneously manhandled Wolverine, Elektra, and an army of S.H.I.E.L.D Agents, I'd say he's much better than that.

long pig
Originally posted by Piedmon
Ehhhh.....

Mr. X was good, but Wolverine was able to defeat him just by dropping into a Bezerker Rage. He was going totally all out against Gorgon, and it was doing precisely jack shit.

Also, I don't trust that Wikipedia Bio of Gorgon.... it says his speed and strength are "roughly equivelant to Spider-Man," but from the way he simultaneously manhandled Wolverine, Elektra, and an army of S.H.I.E.L.D Agents, I'd say he's much better than that.
Indeed. He must be......

scotsmn
But does Gorgon have a "mindless berserker rage" to counter Mr. X's telepathy? No.

Piedmon
I'm just saying.... he's faster and stronger than Wolverine IN a bezerker rage.

long pig
But, that would still only put him just above peak human.

Where does he show anything physical that puts him above someone like Batgirl or Captain America?

demigawd
Gorgon has all the powers of Mr. X and THEN some. They're both telepaths, Gorgon appears to have had better training - or at least started from an earlier age. Gorgon did better against Wolverine than X did, and that was even after Gorgon's telepathy was blocked. Gorgon's durability seems off the charts. I don't think X could survive getting impaled through the heart....multiple times.

And then there's the whole "make you die by looking at you" think that Gorgon has....but that's just overkill.

King KAM
Originally posted by Piedmon
I'm just saying.... he's faster and stronger than Wolverine IN a bezerker rage.
no hes not, he never faught wolverine in a berzerker rage and im about to put all these gorgon shaninigans to rest

King KAM
Wolverine hits gorgon 6!!!!!! good times, the only reason gorgon survived is because he was a revived corpse!!! Gorgon isnt that great or that fast.

King KAM
3 and 4

King KAM
5 and 6, and these, wouldve been fatal to a normal being

demigawd
Point being that Gorgon IS a revived corpse, and those things WON'T kill him, meaning Mr. X WON'T beat him.

By the way, Gorgon was ambushed and Wolverine was wearing all kinds of tech to teleport and block out Gorgon's telepathic powers when you showed those scans.

X-Logan
Gorgon wins easily,he is a telepath too,probably is a better fighter,has a better healing factor than wolvie,much faster than spiderman and has the "fatal eye".

X is outclassed.

wolverine8888
who says he ahs a better healing factor then wolverine?
also ur right about the other stuff.
he smarter by far
he stornger by far
he faster by far
more agile by far
better reflexes by far

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by X-Logan
much faster than spiderman

What made you to come to this conclusion?

wolverine8888
he msot likly is seeing how he was shown to move at the speed of thought

DarkCrawler
And still Wolverine was able to hit him...confused

wolverine8888
mister x is a normal human well actauly he about peakhuman.
gorgon in one issue had only of his couple of powers mentioned by I think fury or it could of been wolverine. they said he has superhuman strength,speed and he could also turn people into stone by looking at them. they also said that he ahd far more powers then that but those were the only ones they had deffenits on

wolverine8888
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
And still Wolverine was able to hit him...confused
ur piont? they have yet in a marvel hand book to explain how fast wolevriens reflexes and agility realy are. from comic feats he ahs done in the past im not surprized he was able to hit gorgon at all

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by wolverine8888
ur piont? they have yet in a marvel hand book to explain how fast wolevriens reflexes and agility realy are. from comic feats he ahs done in the past im not surprized he was able to hit gorgon at all

But does Wolverine's body move even near the speed of thought? Otherwise, it would be kind of hard for him to touch something that does...

And where it was stated that Gorgon moves with speed of thought, anyway?

wolverine8888
shown in wolverine shield part 5 and 6. also not realy like namor can he could easiliy move slow plus it not runnign speed it reflex. reflexes are far diffrent and seeing how he dodged livng lightning and lazer and such I am not surprized at all that he hit gorgon

scotsmn
This fight doesn't have to be to the death. Like I said, 5 knockdowns counts as defeat.

Remember that Mr. X did not even get touched once when he fought Wolverine the first time. The only reason Wolverine was able to touch him afterwards is because he entered Berserker rages and Mr. X was unable to predict his next move.

Wolverine never entered a Berserker rage against Gorgon, or at least it never said that he did, but he was able to hit him anyway.

wolverine8888
Originally posted by scotsmn
This fight doesn't have to be to the death. Like I said, 5 knockdowns counts as defeat.

Remember that Mr. X did not even get touched once when he fought Wolverine the first time. The only reason Wolverine was able to touch him afterwards is because he entered Berserker rages and Mr. X was unable to predict his next move.

Wolverine never entered a Berserker rage against Gorgon, or at least it never said that he did, but he was able to hit him anyway.
wolverine new gorgon was telepathic. also wolevrine does not need to go beserker to stop telepths. mister x issues had some relay big probles like mister x catchign wolverines claw which would gut his hand straight off. also also wolverine had no idea he was fighting a telepth imagin if wolverine he mister x was telepathic and fought him now he get destroyed.

scotsmn
wolverine new gorgon was telepathic. also wolevrine does not need to go beserker to stop telepths. mister x issues had some relay big probles like mister x catchign wolverines claw which would gut his hand straight off. also also wolverine had no idea he was fighting a telepth imagin if wolverine he mister x was telepathic and fought him now he get destroyed.

Even if he knew he was telepathic it wouldn't matter since he could read every move before it happened. The only reason Wolverine could take him was because he was able to block him out of his mind with a Berserker rage. Gorgon would not be able to do this so I think Mr. X would be able to knock him down at least 5 times.

wolverine8888
dude I dont think ur udnerstanding what were saying. gorgon can read minds as well lol. also wolverien does not need to go beserker to stop mister x from reading his mind. he could just fight on instinct as he did for the shield agent traiend to kill him and as he did with pylocke

DarkCrawler
shown in wolverine shield part 5 and 6. also not realy like namor can he could easiliy move slow plus it not runnign speed it reflex. reflexes are far diffrent and seeing how he dodged livng lightning and lazer and such I am not surprized at all that he hit gorgon

"also not realy like namor can he could easiliy move slow plus it not runnign speed it reflex"

I'm not sure what you mean by the sentence above...but to tag someone who moves with the speed of sound, wouldn't it be just logical that his arms would need to move somewhere close to that? I mean the whole reason humans can't catch bullets out of air is because they can't move fast enough. Now I've seen Wolverine take out darts out of the air, but were they moving even near the speed of sound, which is 760 miles per hour?

Also, I was not able to find anything about Gorgon moving with speed of sound in those issues. And if he was able to move with it, how come he was tagged by Wolverine who was moving with hundred miles per hour with jetpack? Seven times slower then speed of sound?

scotsmn
dude I dont think ur udnerstanding what were saying. gorgon can read minds as well lol. also wolverien does not need to go beserker to stop mister x from reading his mind. he could just fight on instinct as he did for the shield agent traiend to kill him and as he did with pylocke

Maybe you're party right BUT... Gorgon cannot read minds as well as Mr. X can. You can tell because Wolverine is at least able to hit Gorgon sometimes without Berserk but he is NOT able to hit Mr. X without Berserk.

You don't have to defend Wolverine so strongly w8888 smile He does have a way to beat Mr. X afterall. This fight is between Mr. X and Gorgon.

Don't forgot that Mr. X has trained his entire life in every form of martial art and has made it his business to go after the toughest, baddest most skilled opponents and kill them. Unlike Wolverine, he USES his martial arts EVERY time he fights.

wolverine8888
diffrence if he did not know wolverine was comming at hi if u rmeber wolverine one time teleport and another time took him by surpirze when he was gunna kill fury. also if u indeed have read the comic u would of seen when he speekign to electra she asks him why the guys arnt attacking him and he says that because were talking at the speed of thought they don't even know were hear.
well how fast do rockets move? I of comics of wolevrine cutting rockets right out of the air. I also have a comic were wolverine easiliy dodges the living lighting and we all know he far faster then the speed of sound.

wolverine8888
Maybe you're party right BUT... Gorgon cannot read minds as well as Mr. X can. You can tell because Wolverine is at least able to hit Gorgon sometimes without Berserk but he is NOT able to hit Mr. X without Berserk.

You don't have to defend Wolverine so strongly w8888 smile He does have a way to beat Mr. X afterall. This fight is between Mr. X and Gorgon.

Don't forgot that Mr. X has trained his entire life in every form of martial art and has made it his business to go after the toughest, baddest most skilled opponents and kill them. Unlike Wolverine, he USES his martial arts EVERY time he fights.
dude u rmeebr the next to times mister x foguht wolverine? ya he got his ass kicked and ogun had to save him. also gorgon would eat mister x. seeing how mister x would never be able to read gorgon mind bacause he has telepathic dffence and he dead so how do u read a dead mans mind. also he moves at the speed of sound and is far stronger.

demigawd

Untrue. Wolverine was able to hit Gorgon BECAUSE Wolverine and Elektra were wearing SHIELD telepathic blockers. As soon as Elektra lost hers, that was it for her.

So in both cases, Wolverine was able to hit X and Gorgon by circumventing their telepathy. In the former, he did it by going bezerk, in the latter, he did it with tech.

But while X was getting severely hurt, Gorgon has superhuman durability and not the least bit slowed down. to me, even if all things else were equal, that's what puts Gorgon over the top, along with, you know, the whole turn to stone thing...

DarkCrawler
diffrence if he did not know wolverine was comming at hi if u rmeber wolverine one time teleport and another time took him by surpirze when he was gunna kill fury. also if u indeed have read the comic u would of seen when he speekign to electra she asks him why the guys arnt attacking him and he says that because were talking at the speed of thought they don't even know were hear.

Can Elektra now move with the speed of thought? confused

well how fast do rockets move? I of comics of wolevrine cutting rockets right out of the air. I also have a comic were wolverine easiliy dodges the living lighting and we all know he far faster then the speed of sound.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d187/A_Flight/Crusades_05_26.jpg

He was knocked down by a rock, so he was not in his fastest form (which can't be harmed by physical means)

scotsmn
Originally posted by demigawd
Untrue. Wolverine was able to hit Gorgon BECAUSE Wolverine and Elektra were wearing SHIELD telepathic blockers. As soon as Elektra lost hers, that was it for her.

So in both cases, Wolverine was able to hit X and Gorgon by circumventing their telepathy. In the former, he did it by going bezerk, in the latter, he did it with tech.

But while X was getting severely hurt, Gorgon has superhuman durability and not the least bit slowed down. to me, even if all things else were equal, that's what puts Gorgon over the top, along with, you know, the whole turn to stone thing...

I don't believe Wolverine ONLY hit Gorgon when it was a surprise attack. He had some hits that were consecutive. I'll re-read the comic when I get home.

And about the Stone thing, Mr. X wears shades cool

demigawd
I don't believe Wolverine ONLY hit Gorgon when it was a surprise attack. He had some hits that were consecutive. I'll re-read the comic when I get home.

They'd never really come into conflict prior to that all out attack, when he had his telepathic blockers.

hahaha...I hope you're kidding with that comment. smile

scotsmn
Originally posted by demigawd
They'd never really come into conflict prior to that all out attack, when he had his telepathic blockers.

hahaha...I hope you're kidding with that comment. smile

No I'm not kidding. Only reason Gorgon doesn't turn people into Stone is because they can't see his eyes since he's wearing shades. When he takes them off and you look into his eyes you turn to Stone. Mr. X wears shades when he fights. cool

demigawd
No I'm not kidding. Only reason Gorgon doesn't turn people into Stone is because they can't see his eyes since he's wearing shades. When he takes them off and you look into his eyes you turn to Stone. Mr. X wears shades when he fights. cool

There's a HUGE difference. You wearing dark shades makes YOUR pupils invisible to EVERYBODY ELSE. You wearing dark shades doesn't make EVERYBODY ELSE'S pupils invisible to YOU!

wolverine8888
Can Elektra now move with the speed of thought? confused

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d187/A_Flight/Crusades_05_26.jpg

He was knocked down by a rock, so he was not in his fastest form (which can't be harmed by physical means)
ur piont. livng lightning even not at his fastest speed is well oevr the speed of sound

DarkCrawler
Can you prove it?

King_Mungi
I also have a comic were wolverine easiliy dodges the living lighting and we all know he far faster then the speed of sound.

You shouldn't lie, I posted the scan and showed youbig grin. You didn't even know where that scan was from.....Bah! I'm giving you a hard time, since I want more comments in the Alpha FLight respect thread...but you know I did post that scan though

X-Logan
What made you to come to this conclusion?
He deflect like hundreds of bullets using a single sword with one hand among other things.

When did ever spiderman deflect bullets??

DarkCrawler
It only seems to me that he was swinging the sword in such acre that it blocked all incoming bullets.

King_Mungi
Whats the big deal about moving at the speed of thought anyways? many characters can do that

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d187/A_Flight/uxm140-snowbird.jpg

King KAM
(auto quote)
did you not look at my mpictures???? god you are all a bunch of effing idiots.....

King KAM
who says he ahs a better healing factor then wolverine?
also ur right about the other stuff.
he smarter by far
he stornger by far
he faster by far
more agile by far
better reflexes by far

long pig
He deflect like hundreds of bullets using a single sword with one hand among other things.

When did ever spiderman deflect bullets??
DareDevil blocks them every other issue with his little stick. Batgirl grabs them out of the air. Taskmaster does, too.

Daredevil=Batgirl=Taskmaster=Gorgon.

NOTHING shows Gorgon being nothing but a few steps above peak human in speed/strength.

Same with Wolverine.

Juntai
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Whats the big deal about moving at the speed of thought anyways? many characters can do that

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d187/A_Flight/uxm140-snowbird.jpg That's not moving at the speed of thought, that's summoning her power at the speed of thought, which is a "Here's your sign" kind of moment, since the power comes when you think of it. lol.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Juntai
That's not moving at the speed of thought, that's summoning her power at the speed of thought, which is a "Here's your sign" kind of moment, since the power comes when you think of it. lol.

Uhhhh...yeah it's the same. Reacting and moving is the same thing. Even if you see something, doesn't mean you can instantly move out of the way. Also Snowbird is actually very fast, she is capable of going mach speeds

X-Logan
DareDevil blocks them every other issue with his little stick. Batgirl grabs them out of the air. Taskmaster does, too.

Daredevil=Batgirl=Taskmaster=Gorgon.

NOTHING shows Gorgon being nothing but a few steps above peak human in speed/strength.

Same with Wolverine.
Daredevil(i read DD since I was 10) never deflected bullets like gorgon did,probably neither taskmaster or batgirl.Gongorn deflected all bullets shotted by dozen of men easily.

Go read the comic.

long pig
Probably neither Taskmaster or Batgirl? Probably?

You read more and fanboy less.

Gorgon is just above peak human, just a little more above peak than Wolverine(Who is just under or around Cap). DD blocks bullets, Captain America does. Gambit does.

I know wolverine fanboys LOVE hyping wolverine villains to make them seem more than they are, so Wolverine doesn't looks as bad when he loses. But this is just silly.

King KAM
and it was only 4 gaurds.....

srankmissingnin
On the matter of Mr. X he is superman speed, this was shown in his fight against Taskmaster. Tasky was only a few feet from leaving the roof of the cage they were then X who was still on the ground climbs the cage an gets out before Taskmaster.

And Gorgon would kick X's ass.

EDIT: When Wolverine was beating on Pyslocke (Lady Madipor) she couldn't hold her own against him in melee because his thoughts and action where one... I imagine this means he was moving at the speed of thought. She could read his movements but she didn't have the speed to react to him, X and Gorgon don't have that problem

wolverine8888

Gorgon is just above peak human, just a little more above peak than Wolverine(Who is just under or around Cap). DD blocks bullets, Captain America does. Gambit does.

I know wolverine fanboys LOVE hyping wolverine villains to make them seem more than they are, so Wolverine doesn't looks as bad when he loses. But this is just silly.

dude gorgon was staed to ahve super human strength along with many othe rpowers by shield them selfs and then they remark that thats not even all his powers. also wolverine is below captian? dude u serously need to actaully reea da wolverine comic we ahve goen over this hudnered times wolverine is superhuman levels in agility reflex and strength I ahve proofen this countless times.

wolverine8888
You shouldn't lie, I posted the scan and showed youbig grin. You didn't even know where that scan was from.....Bah! I'm giving you a hard time, since I want more comments in the Alpha FLight respect thread...but you know I did post that scan though

I did not post that scann in here lol. actauly I was not even speaking of that comic lol I aint leing at all that was not the comic I was spekaing about but darkcrawler posted it so I just went along with it lol.

srankmissingnin
Long pig is right Captain America is slightly stronger then Wolverine, other then that Wolverine is a notch or two above Cap in most areas.

wolverine8888
go to the wolverine respect thread he is not correct at all wolverine is superhumanly strong I and cres and jinzin have already proven this is spiderman vs wolverien thread.

King_Mungi
I did not post that scann in here lol. actauly I was not even speaking of that comic lol I aint leing at all that was not the comic I was spekaing about but darkcrawler posted it so I just went along with it lol.

Uh huh big grin ....

I also have a comic were wolverine easiliy dodges the living lighting and we all know he far faster then the speed of sound.

For that you owe me a minminum of at least $10

wolverine8888
Uh huh big grin ....

For that you owe me a minminum of at least $10

and I do have it. ill find it later for u I ahve work soon and it will take me longer then that to find it

srankmissingnin
go to the wolverine respect thread he is not correct at all wolverine is superhumanly strong I and cres and jinzin have already proven this is spiderman vs wolverien thread.

I have posted scans of almost every notable Wolverine strength feat at one time or another... the only one I'm aware that I haven't was the elevator feat, but I have also posted several Captain America strength feats... like the one where he benches 1400lbs with out breaking a sweat.

King_Mungi
and I do have it. ill find it later for u I ahve work soon and it will take me longer then that to find it

You said earlier you only had Infinity War...oh well, it's not like it's a big deal or anything....that's if you pay me my $10 mad

srankmissingnin
Cap is superhuman in strength as well wolverine888

wolverine8888
You said earlier you only had Infinity War...oh well, it's not like it's a big deal or anything....that's if you pay me my $10 mad

I told u again im not speaking about the infinity war at all im tlaking about a whole nuther event.

wolverine8888
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Cap is superhuman in strength as well wolverine888

not true as stated in all the ahdn books and capts comics he is stated at peakhuman wolverien has in his comics been stated over peakhuman and either superhuman in some or called enchanced in others. also I like tos ee that one were captain benches 1400 pounds ebcause even if he did still make shim weaker then wolverine seeing how I have a pic of wolverine throwing some thign that weighs 1600 one hand wicked fast and far.

srankmissingnin
*sigh*

And the hand books also state Wolverine as having peak human strength, so what's your point? Cap was benching 1400lbs like it was nothing he wasn't even bothered in the least. Wolverine tossed a dumptser in the middle of combat when is adreline was pumping, there is a difference between the two feats.

King_Mungi
I told u again im not speaking about the infinity war at all im tlaking about a whole nuther event.

eh? in your own words
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=371981&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=8

"what comic is that from?"

"opps my bad I have number like 1 of that serires I always wanted to see the rest of it"

"oh I only have the one were they fight there copies"

My scan was Infinite Crusade #5, you said you didn't have it and here you said you did. Get what I'm saying....*skips away*

X-Logan

Ok fanboy...

So show me DD deflecting LOTS of bullets with his stick and not just one,there is a big diference there.

Show me Caps doing the same using a sword.

You can even show me spiderman if you want.

Gambit I know he can,his reflexes are superhuman too,this have been said by chris claremont himself....

King_Mungi
Ouch time to eat your words, here are long pig scans of Daredevil deflecting multiple bullets. Is a apology in order?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=378738&highlight=daredevil+vs+batgirl

jinzin
Ouch time to eat your words, here are long pig scans of Daredevil deflecting multiple bullets. Is a apology in order?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=378738&highlight=daredevil+vs+batgirl

yup yes

X-Logan

King_Mungi

X-Logan
Bottom scan is DD blocking shot gun fire.
yes...and?

King KAM
yes...and? and your pathetic thats all.....

DarkCrawler
yes...and?

And he moves it to block random gunfire that shoots in all directions. Gorgon was just moving his sword in such a wide movement that it blocked gunfire. His hands moved with superhuman speed, but so do many others.

Namor can move his hands with multiple times of speed of sound... shifty

King_Mungi
yes...and?

you serious?

jinzin
And he moves it to block random gunfire that shoots in all directions. Gorgon was just moving his sword in such a wide movement that it blocked gunfire. His hands moved with superhuman speed, but so do many others.

Namor can move his hands with multiple times of speed of sound... shifty

superhuman speed and reflexes are part of his described capabilities... the gunfire feat holds.

King KAM
you serious? *pats him on the back* its okay mungi.....ill go buy you an ice cream or something....

King_Mungi
Originally posted by King KAM
*pats him on the back* its okay mungi.....ill go buy you an ice cream or something....

make it bubblegum flavor! mad

King KAM
make it bubblegum flavor! mad sure why the hell not???

X-Logan
Originally posted by jinzin
superhuman speed and reflexes are part of his described capabilities... the gunfire feat holds.
Exactly,Namor has superhuman reflexes and speed too.

wolverine8888
eh? in your own words
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=371981&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=8

"what comic is that from?"

"opps my bad I have number like 1 of that serires I always wanted to see the rest of it"

"oh I only have the one were they fight there copies"

My scan was Infinite Crusade #5, you said you didn't have it and here you said you did. Get what I'm saying....*skips away*

dude like i said again im speaking about another ****ing comic I don't know why it so ahrd for u to believe that I was speaking about anoither time wolverine dodged the living lightning.

King_Mungi
dude like i said again im speaking about another ****ing comic I don't know why it so ahrd for u to believe that I was speaking about anoither time wolverine dodged the living lightning.

Ok, what issue was the other fight

wolverine8888
sorry about the freak out lol I was just getting annoyed that u did not understand that I was talken about another time. im looking it up my comic collection is rather large so it amy take awhile I can private message u it when i find it.

King_Mungi
sorry about the freak out lol I was just getting annoyed that u did not understand that I was talken about another time. im looking it up my comic collection is rather large so it amy take awhile I can private message u it when i find it.

No big deal, I thought you were talking about that scene was in Infinite War when it was in Crusade. ALso yeah I wanna read up the second time they met up....or first, or when ever they met up.

wolverine8888
ya it gunna deffently take a while I have way to many comics lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.