Wolverine vs Plastic Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Melnorme
Urban environment, standard equipment, and 'til the other guy is rendered unconscious or gravely wounded. Who wins?

Wild Cowboy
SHIT !!!

Plastic Man will torture Logan unti doomsday !!!

spetznaz
Wolverine is extremely hard to kill.
Plastic Man cannot be killed (well, at least he can survive for 3 millenia as nothing more than particles dissociated by magic).

Wolverine can definitely cut PM.
PM though cannot be harmed by that. Being as malleable as he is, Wolvie's ginsu knives would only make slashes that close up before the claws are even out of PM. It would be like slashing water.

Question: How long can Wolverine hold his breath if PM streamed into his nostrils and flooded his lungs? Kind of in the way he managed to stream inside the Aztek warrior in JLA: Obsidian Age and totally mess up the working of his armor.
I know Wolverine has an amazing healing factor, but I doubt oxygen generation is one of its abilities.
And how exactly does one cut out a being that has just coated itself all over your lungs?

PM wins by TKO.

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by spetznaz
Wolverine is extremely hard to kill.
Plastic Man cannot be killed (well, at least he can survive for 3 millenia as nothing more than particles dissociated by magic).

PM though cannot be harmed by that. Being as malleable as he is, Wolvie's ginsu knives would only make slashes that close up before the claws are even out of PM. It would be like slashing water.

Question: How long can Wolverine hold his breath if PM streamed into his nostrils and flooded his lungs? Kind of in the way he managed to stream inside the Aztek warrior in JLA: Obsidian Age and totally mess up the working of his armor.
I know Wolverine has an amazing healing factor, but I doubt oxygen generation is one of its abilities.
And how exactly does one cut out a being that has just coated itself all over your lungs?

PM wins by TKO.

Correct. And no, Wolverine can't live without breathing. It's one of the ways to kill him. If PM is feeling nice, he can just KO Wolverine. If not, he can kill him no problemo.

Wild Cowboy
yep

AcousticDoc
pm is too powerful

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by AcousticDoc
pm is too powerful

But both him and Offspring are awesome big grin

Solidus Snake
PM goes into wolvies brain and dissects it into a thousand pieces and takes out the remnants through wolvies nose.

when the autopsy is done the doc will say "i knew it, this man has no brain"

King KAM
Originally posted by Solidus Snake
PM goes into wolvies brain and dissects it into a thousand pieces and takes out the remnants through wolvies nose.

when the autopsy is done the doc will say "i knew it, this man has no brain"
for a man who has no brain, he sure has one helluva sheet of peoples whos asses hes kicked.

MacalCord
Wait first are we talking about the watered down version of Wolverine that you see in the movies and cartoons, or Is it the Old School I"m the Best at what I do, and What I do ain't nice! Thats the Wolverine I want, the same Wolverine that Rogue threw from the upper Stratospheres and the caption that followed him said "Meteor's have fell to the Earth with less force!!!" And he got up!....the same Wolverine that Spiderman couldn't pound to death In Spiderman vs Wolverine, Spiderman who had to have the Avengers pull him off of Firelord....Sorry I'm babbling, and my spelling is awful...But Wolverine unlike PM is a Warrior the pure Essence of Survival....it won't be pretty at the end...but Wolverine will win!

Solidus Snake
Originally posted by King KAM
for a man who has no brain, he sure has one helluva sheet of peoples whos asses hes kicked.

cavemen used to beat alotta ppl too and they are hardly the finest brains around

Solidus Snake
Originally posted by MacalCord
Wait first are we talking about the watered down version of Wolverine that you see in the movies and cartoons, or Is it the Old School I"m the Best at what I do, and What I do ain't nice! Thats the Wolverine I want, the same Wolverine that Rogue threw from the upper Stratospheres and the caption that followed him said "Meteor's have fell to the Earth with less force!!!" And he got up!....the same Wolverine that Spiderman couldn't pound to death In Spiderman vs Wolverine, Spiderman who had to have the Avengers pull him off of Firelord....Sorry I'm babbling, and my spelling is awful...But Wolverine unlike PM is a Warrior the pure Essence of Survival....it won't be pretty at the end...but Wolverine will win!

do u know where the stratosphere is? i dont remember wolvie being up that high.
yes, wolvie got up, but when. not immediately at all.
yes, wolvie is the best at what he does (which usu. is to take alotta beatings), but he his a brawler and when hes envelopd all over plastic man, PM can just enter through an oriface and dehabilitate wolvie from teh inside

Juntai
Originally posted by MacalCord
Wait first are we talking about the watered down version of Wolverine that you see in the movies and cartoons, or Is it the Old School I"m the Best at what I do, and What I do ain't nice! Thats the Wolverine I want, the same Wolverine that Rogue threw from the upper Stratospheres and the caption that followed him said "Meteor's have fell to the Earth with less force!!!" And he got up!....the same Wolverine that Spiderman couldn't pound to death In Spiderman vs Wolverine, Spiderman who had to have the Avengers pull him off of Firelord....Sorry I'm babbling, and my spelling is awful...But Wolverine unlike PM is a Warrior the pure Essence of Survival....it won't be pretty at the end...but Wolverine will win! Nothing he has can stop Plastic man, and it's not the same the other way around. Plastic Man wins with EASE. NO CONTEST. 10 out of 10.

Melnorme

See...this is why I posted this. I wasn't sure if PM could resist Wolverine's claws. I know they're not "infinitely" sharp, just unbreakable. In physics the amount of damage done is related to how quickly energy is released. A rifle bullet that hits a steel plate has a higher power on impact than an identical rifle bullet hitting a pile of watermelons, because the rifle bullet takes more time to transfer its energy to the softer melons than the hard steel plate. I figured Plas was more in the watermelon category, so I wasn't sure if Wolvie could even do any damage to him. For example, if Plas were to go "limp", why wouldn't he deform, rather than be pierced by the knives?

The suffocation thing seemed like an obvious way to go. I also thought it would be kinda funny if he transformed himself into a giant tennis racket, golf club, or sling shot (or perhaps all of them in sucession) and knocked Wolverine a couple of miles from the battlefield. He'd have to forfeit for being unable to return to the battlefield in a reasonable time frame, or just as likely, just give up. big grin

But again, wasn't sure if Wolvie could do actual damage...

The Ion
Plastic Man 10/10

ZephroCarnelian
Plastic Man with ease that defies the comprehension of mere mortals such as us.

spetznaz
Originally posted by Melnorme
See...this is why I posted this. I wasn't sure if PM could resist Wolverine's claws. I know they're not "infinitely" sharp, just unbreakable. In physics the amount of damage done is related to how quickly energy is released. A rifle bullet that hits a steel plate has a higher power on impact than an identical rifle bullet hitting a pile of watermelons, because the rifle bullet takes more time to transfer its energy to the softer melons than the hard steel plate. I figured Plas was more in the watermelon category, so I wasn't sure if Wolvie could even do any damage to him. For example, if Plas were to go "limp", why wouldn't he deform, rather than be pierced by the knives?

But again, wasn't sure if Wolvie could do actual damage...

Oh .....when I said that Wolverine could 'cut' PM I did not mean to imply that Wolverine could inflict any sort of damage to him. As I stated this would be akin to taking a knife and trying to 'cut' water ......before the knife was through the water would already have reformed.
Same thing here ......Wolverine literally has no way of harming Plastic Man.
None whatsoever. Wolverine could hack and slash all day long with PM showing no harm whatsoever.

As for PM ....well, there are several ways he can knock Wolvie out, and one way I know of that he can kill him.

PM wins ....in fact this is not really a contest.

scotsmn
But what if... what if... he tried to enter his orifices and... he got digested by the healing factor!!!?!?!1111

Crease
Originally posted by scotsmn
But what if... what if... he tried to enter his orifices and... he got digested by the healing factor!!!?!?!1111

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

scotsmn
Would plastic man be brown when he came out the other end? Would he come out in solid form or like the runs?

Melnorme
Oh .....when I said that Wolverine could 'cut' PM I did not mean to imply that Wolverine could inflict any sort of damage to him. As I stated this would be akin to taking a knife and trying to 'cut' water ......before the knife was through the water would already have reformed.
Same thing here ......Wolverine literally has no way of harming Plastic Man.
None whatsoever. Wolverine could hack and slash all day long with PM showing no harm whatsoever.

Okay, thanks for the clarification, because like I said, I wasn't completely sure what the consensus would be.

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by scotsmn

Then Plastic Man would be just another one of the countless men Wolverine has "eaten" shifty

Melnorme
Originally posted by Dark Urizen
Then Plastic Man would be just another one of the countless men Wolverine has "eaten" shifty

Oh...sweat. eek!

soleran30
PM lol is so crazy powerful Wolverine is a flea to the guy.

Melnorme
This deserves a bump...

DigiMark007
I don't know if this thread is due to overrating Wolverine a ton, or underrating Plastic Man a ton. Probably both.

Either way, it's rather sad sad

Jesse7
Wolverine could dice the plastic man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.