Best Horror of 2005

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

deathbycorn
What were your best horror movies of 2005?

1. Land of the Dead

2. Devils Rejects

3. Wolf Creek

4. House of Wax

5. Saw II

Mando
I only saw 2 horror movies in theaters.

Saw II

and

Devils Rejects

Wolfie
High Tension, Saw II, Land of the Dead

Still haven't gotten around to The Devil's Rejects.

LizzyT123
Saw II, Devil's Rejects, Land of the Dead....all I can pretty much think of.

papabeard
Nightwatch
The Devils Rejects

Impediment
High Tension
The Devil's Rejects
Land of the Dead

That's about it for me.

Cinemaddiction
High Tension. Devil's Rejects wasn't necessarily a Horror, and very loosely a sequel to HOATC.

Wolfie
Originally posted by papabeard
Nightwatch
Is that out in America yet?

LizzyT123
Pretty much everyone picked either Land of the Dead, Devil's Rejects, or High Tension. I still haven't seen High Tension, can anyone give me a quick bio about it?

Wolfie
High Tension

Two girls, Marie and Alex, go to Alex's parents house for the weekend to study. It's a nice house in the middle of nowhere. The night they arrive, however, a psycho comes knocking at the door. It's very graphic, very mature, the best new slasher in a long time (forgive the ending).

jayy
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
High Tension. Devil's Rejects wasn't necessarily a Horror, and very loosely a sequel to HOATC.

I agree totally. Devil's Rejects sucked bad compared to House Of 1000 Corpses.

Back to the thread:

Saw II

House Of Wax

wink

WindDancer
This year I drifted away from horror after watching Land of the Dead. It was a let down for me. Haven't seen Devil's Rejects yet...so I'm undecided.

However, thanks to grindhouse releasing I was able to watch Cannibal Holocaust uncut. Great quality DVD. So for me CH is the best Horror DVD of 2005. wink

Zilverz
I would also have to say High Tension

BackFire
High Tension and I personally really enjoyed Land of the Dead.

LizzyT123
I loved Land of the Dead, I personally was thinking the ending was gonna be complete chaos like some of the other ones, but I didn't really like the ending. Otherwise I loved the movie.

-hh-
i need to see High Tension. does anyone have a trailer clip?

deathbycorn
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338095/trailers

-hh-
Originally posted by deathbycorn
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338095/trailers thanks

Impediment
I don't see why that The Devil's Rejects can't be considered a horror film.

papabeard
Originally posted by Wolfie
Is that out in America yet?

Its released in the US on February 17th 2006

Some info here :

www.creature-corner.com/?type=news&id=1013

cannibal
1. Hellraiser 7
2.Hellraiser 8

They both rule ova all!

3.seed ov chucky (i think it came out in 2005 not sure)
4.Land of the dead
5.saw II

LizzyT123
you think seed of chucky was one of the best horror movies of 05? hmm....I personally thought it was awful.

papabeard
Seed of Chuck was pretty bad.

LizzyT123
seriously, seed of chucky would be scary to a 5 year old

allofyousuckkk
i cant see how anyone liked house of wax, it had rediculouly terrible acting, and it took half the movie for them to do anything.

So far all I've seen is Saw II. High Tension and Devil's rejects are waiting for me to get them off pay per view.

deathbycorn
I enjoyed House of Wax... the wax machine owned.

Hellraiser: Deader, was absolute garbage, same with Seed of Chucky.

Wolfie
Originally posted by cannibal
1. Hellraiser 7
2.Hellraiser 8

They both rule ova all!

3.seed ov chucky (i think it came out in 2005 not sure)
4.Land of the dead
5.saw II
I don't know how you can rate Hellraiser 7&8 over Land of the Dead and Saw II.

And I liked House of Wax for the most part. There were quite a few things that needed to be changed but it wasn't bad overall.

LizzyT123
I still haven't seen House of Wax. It was rated R, and my mom doesn't like me seeing R movies. But, I should rent it sometime. I didn't really want to see it at first cause I thought it was just gonna be plain awful like Boogeyman or something, and plus it had Paris Hilton. "Grody to the max!"

I saw parts of High Tension, pretty much the whole beginning to the early middle. I fell asleep, but it was a good movie. It was originally filmed in the french language I believe, and so there was english dubbed over it, so it was kinda cheesy in that way, but still great. The first few death scenes were pretty awesome. The masturbation parts were a little disturbing at first, I was kinda wondering when Marie was gonna finish, lol. But overall from what I've seen it was good.

Wolfie
You need to watch it in French with English subtitles. The girl that played Marie did her own dubbing. That sounds like a great idea in theory, but it's obvious that she's not too fluent in the English language.

LizzyT123
yeah, I liked the character Marie, but the masturbation scene was a little bit too long for me, lol!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.