Vodo-Siask Baas verus Darth Sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Brotz
In the Grand Convocation Chamber of the Senate Building, with all their abilities avaliable, who wins?

Darth Avis
Vodo i think.

The Creator
Which Sidious?

Se7in
In actuality the North won the Civil War which would lead many to think America was an oppressed country led by Nobunaga, but he was a weak daimyo, therefore his connection to the internet made him lag whenever he played Unreal Tournament 2010, so he decided to use milk instead of water to make oatmeal and it came out much better to he took a picture of his lightbulb and it works. Vodo wins IMO.

Brotz
I didn't be specific on which Sidious because I want to hear everybody's opinion as to which Sidious' could defeat Vodo and how easy it would be, if they could do so.

The Creator
Originally posted by Se7in
In actuality the North won the Civil War which would lead many to think America was an oppressed country led by Nobunaga, but he was a weak daimyo, therefore his connection to the internet made him lag whenever he played Unreal Tournament 2010, so he decided to use milk instead of water to make oatmeal and it came out much better to he took a picture of his lightbulb and it works. Vodo wins IMO.

Uhhhhh????

Escape81
Erm... I don't see ROTS Sidious defeating Vodo...

Darth_Glentract
ROTS Sidious would be wasted. DE Sidious would have a very hard time, but would win.

Darth Faunus
I don't think it's completely out of the question here for ROTS Sidious to defeat Vodo, but I'm leaning towards the said Grandmaster.

DE Sidious, on the other hand, would annihilate him.

kamikz
Agreed, was about to say that.

jollyjim311
I agree, also, but I will give Sidious a pretty good chance. I think it would be much like the Yoda fight, if Sidios can get the terrain advantage again, I think he would probably beat Vodo.

chilled monkey
I'd say Vodo wins this one.

Shadow x 20

WTF?

Escape81
I still don't see Sidious winning . . .

Darth Faunus
Why not? I don't think it's out of the question.

Escape81
Well, don't get me wrong . . . I'm a pro-Sidious guy and all, but how does he have a chance against someone who trained Exar Kun?

Darth Faunus
Because he's a powerful Sith Lord, who can stand up to and potentially defeat two of the most powerful, if not the most powerful Jedi of all time.

Ianus

Stealing this quote.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
Because he's a powerful Sith Lord, who can stand up to and potentially defeat two of the most powerful, if not the most powerful Jedi of all time.

Hold on. Are you calling Yoda and Mace the most powerful Jedi of all time? I think your list is rather skewed. Ulic, Vodo, Luke, Kyp, Jacen, and (maybe) Arca would take them. I mean, Sidious went toe-to-toe with Yoda, but Vodo went toe-to-toe with uber-Kun.

Darth Faunus
And got owned in a matter of seconds, according to you and many others. By your logic, since Saesee Tiin went up against Sidious, he's better than Obi-Wan.

As for your list:

Ulic was a Sith Lord. He was a Jedi for a time, but he converted. And once that conversion is made, we can officially deem them Sith. And even now, it's debatable whether or not he can defeat Yoda. Mace alone would be a considerable challenge, but I'll admit that in the end, Windu would probably fall. In Yoda's case, I think a victory in Ulic's favor might happen, but the Jedi Master has a chance.

Vodo? It's possible, but I highly doubt it. I don't follow the all too common mindset that Pre-PT Jedi would utterly waste any PT Jedi. But that's just me.

Luke, and the other post-PT Jedi you listed, cannot be considered, as I was referring to Jedi up until that point. Although since my wording implied otherwise, I apologize.

And Arca? Again, doubt it. You have nothing supporting him save for the fact that he was a respected Jedi in ancient times, and that just doesn't cut it.

By the way, did you not note the use of the word 'possibly' in my post? Even if every single Jedi listed in your post -- only two of which can really be considered -- are in fact more powerful and more skilled than Yoda or Mace, you still have them in the top five. And that's damn good.

Darth_Glentract
And got owned in a matter of seconds, according to you and many others. By your logic, since Saesee Tiin went up against Sidious, he's better than Obi-Wan.

I don't rememeber ever saying that Vodo got owned by Kun because I don't think Vodo got owned by Kun. Vodo thought that he could defeat Kun easily(notice he chose to use a stick rather than a lightsaber). Kun also considered Vodo to be a threat. If Exar feared that Vodo could have defeated him, I doubt that he went there and wasted him. He had a better grip on his powers and would know his Master's power well since he had sparred with him and trained with him.

As for your list:

Ulic was a Sith Lord. He was a Jedi for a time, but he converted. And once that conversion is made, we can officially deem them Sith. And even now, it's debatable whether or not he can defeat Yoda. Mace alone would be a considerable challenge, but I'll admit that in the end, Windu would probably fall. In Yoda's case, I think a victory in Ulic's favor might happen, but the Jedi Master has a chance.

Ulic was still a Jedi after being a Sith for a time before losing his powers. The same dude who stalemated Exar.

Vodo? It's possible, but I highly doubt it. I don't follow the all too common mindset that Pre-PT Jedi would utterly waste any PT Jedi. But that's just me.

Here is what Janus said at DT concerning Vodo vs. Yoda:

"Actual evidence citing Vodo as being better than Yoda is sketchy, but here's what I'm thinking:

- Vodo is in better health.

- Vodo is noted for his lightsaber abilities especially.

- Vodo trained Kun, someone who could wipe his ass with Yoda.

- Vodo's confidence in his ability is pretty apparent when he takes on a Sith Lord with his walking stick. This would be the equivalent of Yoda taking on Sidious with his walking stick, which he did not do.

- Yoda gets out of breath easily against good opponents, as noted when he fights Dooku.

- Vodo is actually a bit bigger than Yoda, so there may be a strength factor or advantage/disadvantage therein.

- I find it hard to believe that a Jedi master of a time of peace and no visible Sith will neccessarily be better than a grandmaster in the era following Freedan Nadd and one era in which Jedi still wore battle armor (Which they abandoned after Ruusan... a very symbolic gesture, if you will.)"

Luke, and the other post-PT Jedi you listed, cannot be considered, as I was referring to Jedi up until that point. Although since my wording implied otherwise, I apologize.

No problem.

And Arca? Again, doubt it. You have nothing supporting him save for the fact that he was a respected Jedi in ancient times, and that just doesn't cut it.

Like I said possibly. He was considered the most powerful Jedi during the Krath War Droid attack putting him probably second in the Order. This is the Order that actually where's armor into combat and fights to the death with real opponents.

By the way, did you not note the use of the word 'possibly' in my post? Even if every single Jedi listed in your post -- only two of which can really be considered -- are in fact more powerful and more skilled than Yoda or Mace, you still have them in the top five. And that's damn good.

I don't see possibly in there, anyway...

Obi-wan and Anakin are in the top five of PT Jedi, but Yoda or Mace would pwn either one of them.

Escape81
Faunus makes a convincing argument. Still, I'm not too swayed. But he's convinced me that he'd at least put up a good fight. Also, Faunus, I agree. I don't believe all of the older Jedi could annihilate the PT ones. But that's when KOTOR goes from being a good game to a pain in the ass.

Darth Faunus
Meh. I was off. Again. . .

Glentract, do you really think that Vodo, would 'own' Yoda or Mace? I'm not saying that defeat is totally out of the question for the two modern Jedi, but you shouldn't even bother trying to convince me that Vodo could -- in any way -- own them.

And actually, Mace would probably have some trouble taking out either Anakin or Obi-Wan. The former is the most powerful Knight of the series, and is a dueling prodigy himself. The latter has one of the single best defenses of any Jedi we've ever seen, with the exception of some obvious Masters. Victory is assured for Mace, and especially Yoda, but it would take slightly more effort than you seem to think.

Darth Faunus
Originally posted by Escape81
Faunus makes a convincing argument. Still, I'm not too swayed. But he's convinced me that he'd at least put up a good fight. Also, Faunus, I agree. I don't believe all of the older Jedi could annihilate the PT ones. But that's when KOTOR goes from being a good game to a pain in the ass.

Well, I'm not really trying to convince anyone that Sidious would defeat Vodo. I myself think the battle is in Vodo's favor, by far. But if anyone's trying to tell me Vodo is going to take this with absolutely no effort I don't think so.

jollyjim311
Hats off to that.

Council#13
Was vodo the one who was killed by Exar? Cause if he was, Sidious takes this one, barely

Ianus
Originally posted by Council#13
Was vodo the one who was killed by Exar? Cause if he was, Sidious takes this one, barely

Surgeon General's Warning: Bad logic can kill you.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.