Obi-Wan's Mistake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Exador
Obi-Wan made a mistake when he walked away from Anakin's burning body.

He should have just stuck the lightsaber in Anakin while he was on the ground and ended it right there

darkjedi132
it was the will of the force the way anakin was supposed to *die* so he left him be and not interfeer

starwarsrules14
It wasn't a mistake, because Yoda failed, there would have still been a sith. Anakin became Lord Vader who eventually killed Palps and died himself, therefore doing exactly what the prophecy had foretold.

Exador
But why didn't Obi-Wan just end it there. I mean, He knew Grievous had survived a Shuttle crash

JKozzy
Jedi do not kill defenseless enemies.

Ballister
Because...

1. He didn't want to see Anakin suffer anymore.

2. If someone's legs and arm gets cut off, fall into hot lava, and burn, would you think they'd survive? Anakin lucked out that Palpatine found him.

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by Exador

He should have just stuck the lightsaber in Anakin while he was on the ground and ended it right there
Please stop making threads.

Ast
Originally posted by Ballister
Because...

1. He didn't want to see Anakin suffer anymore.

He wasnt suffering while he was burning? laughing out loud

Killing him would have ended the suffering, but he couldnt kill his friend when he was defenseless.

darkjedi132
Its the will of the Force and obi-1 cant interfere with the way someone is supposed to dye...

Well thats the way i see it...

Ballister
Key word "SEE". stick out tongue

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Please stop making threads.

Exador
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess

??

Ballister
I think that means she seconds that motion. Just a thought.

Dark Envy
IMO Because Obi-Wan still believes Anakin is the chosen one. If he kills Anakin, the prophecy can never be fulfilled and the Sith would rule the galaxy.

starwarsrules14
According to the novelization *winces slightly as she says it* Obi-Wan couldn't take it, and he figured he would die since he is buring from...well stub to stub.

Exador
Which novel

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by starwarsrules14
According to the novelization *winces slightly as she says it* Obi-Wan couldn't take it, and he figured he would die since he is buring from...well stub to stub.

Its from the ROTS novel and you forgot to mention that Palpatine had also just flown over.

Exador
Which Novel Though. The junior, or the adult

Jedi Priestess
ADULT

Exador
I'll have to buy the adult novel and finish reading it. I checked it out from the library last year and read half of it

darkjedi132
i havent read it all. i havnt had enough time. ive read bits and peaces of it though, and i realy liked it

Womprat
I think I liked the novel better, Anakin had more of a struggle tward the darkside

queeq
Yup, I missed that in the film.

darthvader_fan
yes i agree its all obi-ones fault

should have killed him when he had the chance

MarioX
I'll have to buy the adult novel and finish reading it. I checked it out from the library last year and read half of it It wasn't out last year blink

Ken Kenobi
But why didn't Obi-Wan just end it there. I mean, He knew Grievous had survived a Shuttle crash

Because it was in the script...

McCusto
This is what it said in the book:

"It would be mercy to kill him. But Obi-Wan wasn't feeling merciful today"

xyz jedi

He should have just stuck the lightsaber in Anakin while he was on the ground and ended it right there well DuuuuuuuUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
UUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuUUUUUUUU
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
uuuuuuuuuuuaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaH. *wipes spit off* ofcourse he should ofkilled him but then ep 4 would be COMPLETELY different

lowrider370
ani was the choosen one after all

overlord

He should have just stuck the lightsaber in Anakin while he was on the ground and ended it right there Your mind is pretty warped dude..

Ballister
Originally posted by xyz jedi
well DuuuuuuuUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
UUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuUUUUUUUU
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
uuuuuuuuuuuaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaH. *wipes spit off* ofcourse he should ofkilled him but then ep 4 would be COMPLETELY different

No shit, but there are other reasons. Other important reasons.

overlord
Yeah, that's no reasoning at all what xyz does, he is obviously warped too.

Ballister
In my short amount of time on KMC, I've actually figured that out already. Damn, it usually takes me longer.

craft-a-saber
the fact is that obi-wan had already kicked his best friends ass and did not want to kill him he only watched anakin burn because it took him back to when qui-gonn had his funeral plus i can build a better saber than anyone

truejedi
Why does this comment need a thread? why?

SS_181st_Snow
Actually, it's because Obi-Wan was jealous of Anakin. You can even see it in the films, Obi-Wan is the real Sith here, not Anakin. In Ep 1, he wanted to leave Anakin on tatooine so that he(obi) could become the powerful sith, he had more than enough time to burst through the plasma doors standing in between him and Qui-Gon vs. Maul, but he let Qui-Gon die so he could become the master.

Ep 2 raised my suspicions about him being jealous of Anakin when he just let anakin attack dooku, just sitting on the sidelines waiting. Then after he got injured, he gave his lightsaber to anakin, knowing full well that he'd lose with two sabers.

Ep 3 sealed the deal, when he dared Anakin to jump at the high ground, where he could finally be rid of Anakin and take his rightful place as Sidious' apprentice, but that all backfired since Anakin survived.

Even in the OT it's obvious, sending Luke to fight a Sith Lord and a giant iron lung, that both slaughtered tens of thousands of jedi, by himself? He wanted Luke to fail, but that also backfired, since Luke survived.

It's all so obvious I tell you. It wasn't a mistake, it was a deliberate scheme set by the real sith apprentice.

Cascador
What have you been smoking, dude!

Exador
Originally posted by SS_181st_Snow
Actually, it's because Obi-Wan was jealous of Anakin. You can even see it in the films, Obi-Wan is the real Sith here, not Anakin. In Ep 1, he wanted to leave Anakin on tatooine so that he(obi) could become the powerful sith, he had more than enough time to burst through the plasma doors standing in between him and Qui-Gon vs. Maul, but he let Qui-Gon die so he could become the master.

Ep 2 raised my suspicions about him being jealous of Anakin when he just let anakin attack dooku, just sitting on the sidelines waiting. Then after he got injured, he gave his lightsaber to anakin, knowing full well that he'd lose with two sabers.

Ep 3 sealed the deal, when he dared Anakin to jump at the high ground, where he could finally be rid of Anakin and take his rightful place as Sidious' apprentice, but that all backfired since Anakin survived.

Even in the OT it's obvious, sending Luke to fight a Sith Lord and a giant iron lung, that both slaughtered tens of thousands of jedi, by himself? He wanted Luke to fail, but that also backfired, since Luke survived.

It's all so obvious I tell you. It wasn't a mistake, it was a deliberate scheme set by the real sith apprentice.

What the hell?

Darth Vious
Originally posted by craft-a-saber
i can build a better saber than anyone
Any pics to back that up?

Alkaselzer
*executes craft-a-saber for reviving the stupid thread*

*executes SS 181st Snow for being a crack addict*

And now we shall have...peace...

super pr*xy

it's not the jedi way...

Sesse
...He must stand trial?
...I need him?

Noooo!

*Scream*

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by truejedi
Why does this comment need a thread? why?

Why did this thread need to be bumped?

JaehSkywalker
he must stand trial... its not the jedi way... heck, i think the jedi way should be : FINISH THE JOB!!

Knightfall93
Originally posted by Wind Sister
It wasn't a mistake, because Yoda failed, there would have still been a sith. Anakin became Lord Vader who eventually killed Palps and died himself, therefore doing exactly what the prophecy had foretold. Wronmg, anakin had already done what the prophecy foretold. It said he was to bring balance to the force and yoda hiself dsaid prophecies can be misunderstood. Anakin left 2 Jedi and 2 Sith. he brought balance to the force!

Cascador
Originally posted by Knightfall93
Wronmg, anakin had already done what the prophecy foretold. It said he was to bring balance to the force and yoda hiself dsaid prophecies can be misunderstood. Anakin left 2 Jedi and 2 Sith. he brought balance to the force!

Well that isn't balance to the Force...I say you created another thread for this. But we know for certain that balance to the Force means the Sith being destroyed. Many before you had that theory (2 Jedi, 2 Sith) but George Lucas point of view is canon...so Anakin brought balance by killing the emperor and himself.

Padmé Amidala

This is very true, but its deliberate. Obi-Wan was still calling him Anakin even, though he was no longer, he was Darth Vader. And it is something that bothered Obi-Wan for the rest of his days, that he didnt end it there. So you can see by Episode IV, he's completely conditioned himself that Anakin is dead. Hence why he keeps calling him "darth" over and over again at the final duel between them. He's trying to disconnect himself with Vader, and trying not to be reminded of who he once was.

Knightfall93
Cascador, where did anyone evr say what balance to the force means?I mean, an official definition. Why did Yoda say prophecies can be misunderstood then?

Padmé Amidala
He said that the prophecy COULD have been misunderstood, but it wasnt. Anakin was the Chosen One and did bring balance to the Force, the only way he could've tho was by falling to the darkside and being redeemed by his children

Lord Mader
who knows why, Obi-Wan couldnt kill Anakin becuz he was a good friend, so he couldnt do it so he left them there. If Anakin did die there would be no death for palpatine, Anakin killed him in ROFJ. Remember Anakin was the chosen one to kill the sith.

I personally think Obi-Wan knew killing Anakin would not be the answer and wouldnt make a difference at all. Obi-Wan beleived Anakin was the choosen one and never disbeleived it so he knew maybe Anakin will destroy the sith one day. Luke probably wouldnt have become a jedi with such power if he didnt knew his father was a sith lord, that made him angry.

ORR He just didnt want to for some reason because its a movie.

Cascador
apparantly, Obi-Wan wanted Luke to take Anakin's place as the chosen one, cause he wanted Luke to kill him. Or he knew deep inside that Luke would do the right thing and was hoping Luke could bring back his father...anyway I agree, Obi-Wan still thought that he was Anakin instead of Darth Vader...he didn't realise yet how he changed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.