The GL Corps VS. The Vishanti

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Adam Warlock
OA energy takes on Marvel's most powerful mystical beings.

All 7200 GL's sans Parallax, Ion, and the little dudes.

VS.

The Vishanti

Agamotto
Hoggoth
Oshtur

Who takes it?

Debate.

long pig
Vishanti eats them.

Together, they are omnipotent.

The Ion
Have I angered you? sad

long pig
Ion will be spared. He will be my love slave! evil face droolio

Adam Warlock
Do you guys need to declare your love for each other on a thread?

kisses

Get a room!!! Or PM each other.

laughing

long pig
You can not stop the power of love, Sentry. No matter your power! mad

The Ion
Originally posted by long pig
You can not stop the power of love, Sentry. No matter your power! mad
yes Love conquers all.

Juntai
Sentry & Adam Warlock at their ultimate ultimate ultimate maximum capacity.
vs Vertigo comics Yahweh.

K Von Doom
what little dudes?

The Ion
He means the Guardians. Sentry has no respect. sad

Wild Cowboy
GLC creates a hole through dimesions..... calls : Kal-L, Jesse Custer, Mxy, Thunderbolts, and Wally the God Boy.

WIN !!!

GODSCRIBE
The Vishanti turn them all into tomatoes..end of.

Knightfall93
The GLs whup their sorry asses because they can do anything! All of ;em could probabl=y cause the apocalypse fairly easily!

Sixth_Winged
Can do everything? As in kick an abstract being's ass(which unfortunately for them, Vishanti is so high up there in the scale of things they might be very near that level)....nah....unless it's original ion or zh parallax. And not every GL share the same willpower, imagination or creativity, the ring can only make things feasable so long as the user has those traits to back it up.

Mider
there was a battle were the GL's tride invading apocalypse seems easy right, but darkseid had already prepared for the battle probably with weapons that would mess with the yellow weakness of a gl's ring it was a slaughter the battle went to bad that the Oans erased it from there records they even gave up one gl to darkseid cause they just plain didnt wanna deal with him my point is if the vishanti are able to use the yellow weakness against them they will most likely lose but if all gl's overcame that weakness then yes they would win but that would mean ALL gl's would have to over come the yellow weakness.

Juntai
Originally posted by Mider
there was a battle were the GL's tride invading apocalypse seems easy right, but darkseid had already prepared for the battle probably with weapons that would mess with the yellow weakness of a gl's ring it was a slaughter the battle went to bad that the Oans erased it from there records they even gave up one gl to darkseid cause they just plain didnt wanna deal with him my point is if the vishanti are able to use the yellow weakness against them they will most likely lose but if all gl's overcame that weakness then yes they would win but that would mean ALL gl's would have to over come the yellow weakness. We haven't seen yellow work on them yet. Though it is assumed its only the vets that gained immunity to yellow weakness.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by long pig
Vishanti eats them.

Together, they are omnipotent.

That word is bandied around to freely just like invulnerable and unlimited. no

GODSCRIBE
the GL corps may not even merit the Vishanti's attention.

vishanti 10/10

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by Juntai
We haven't seen yellow work on them yet. Though it is assumed its only the vets that gained immunity to yellow weakness.

Wasn't that only when you've overcome it, like the veterans and high echelon of GL's (mainly earthlings...as always)

Mider
agommotto is the strongest of the vishanti he couldnt even beat galactus all of them together means three galactus i guess but is that above eternity im not sure i dont think the GL corps will lose to them less they use yellow but if they dont use yellow they will win the GL i mean

Marcus4600
Galactus is equal to Eternity. Common known fact. Vishanti owns the GL corps.

Mider
galactus FULL POWER is equal to eternity he is not at full power hardly is he? and he isnt equal to eternity at his normal state so please dont bring that rubbish in here

Pepito
As fair and balanced a fight as that most shrewd comic enthusiast DC43's epic bout of Spiderman versus every member of the JLA ever (strangely posted mere minutes after it was decided that Batman with 5 seconds of prep would not beat The Celestials). Classic times.......

Anyway, enough with the heavy sarcasm, Vishanti wins, reverse time and win again for fun. Then have some fajitas.

K Von Doom
agommotto is the strongest of the vishanti he couldnt even beat galactus all of them together means three galactus i guess but is that above eternity im not sure i dont think the GL corps will lose to them less they use yellow but if they dont use yellow they will win the GL i mean

Actually, going by their titles, Oshtur would be the most powerful of the three.

Pepito

Oh because 'yellow' is so difficult to find and no-one's ever beaten GL's without it.
Vishanti are hugely powerful mystical entities, they won't have to use yellow but it's assumed tha they have access to the use of this colour. "Use yellow", seriously really stupid

Mider
are you calling me stupid? if we always used weaknesses then there would be no point in battle why fight superman if we get kryptonite into the fight thanks for calling me stupid as if your a genius on here right? I dont think that there stronger then eternity and thus i dont think they can beat the GL corps

Marcus4600
galactus FULL POWER is equal to eternity he is not at full power hardly is he? and he isnt equal to eternity at his normal state so please dont bring that rubbish in here

You know, if you actually knew something about comics, then you'd know that Galactus is Eternity's brother! This is from Wikipedia's article on Galactus:

Originally named Galan (or Galen, the spelling differs on occasion), he hails from the planet Taa, and is the sole survivor of the Big Crunch of the previous universe in which Taa was located.

A space explorer investigating the impending end of his universe, his ship approached the focal point of the Big Crunch and was promptly destroyed. Galen, the only survivor, was transformed into a cosmic entity even as the universe collapsed, after striking a deal with Eternity, who was about to be reborn in the next universe.

Galactus is considered one of the five essential entities within the Marvel Universe alongside Eternity, the personification of the universe, Death, Infinity and Oblivion.

taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galactus

The 5 essential entities are all equally powerful. Galactus is actually at full power more than most people think. The problem with most of the people on these forums is that they have the assumption of Galactus having to feed on a planet once a week. He actually doesn't feed uber-often, so he's usually at full power for a good while. Maybe if you actually knew something about comics, you would know that.

Vishanti still win.

Pepito
are you calling me stupid? if we always used weaknesses then there would be no point in battle why fight superman if we get kryptonite into the fight thanks for calling me stupid as if your a genius on here right? I dont think that there stronger then eternity and thus i dont think they can beat the GL corps

In response to the sections I could understand:

-Yes, I am calling you stupid
-If Superman is facing a being with molecular creation who can make kryptonite then Superman loses, he doesn't lose to just anyone because kryptonite is hard to find. Kryptonite weakness was cretaed for Superman because everyone else has a weakness to speed blitzing, weaknesses are the only way to beat Superman with a non-cosmic or god.
-Any being which can create yellow light will do so against GL's and it's fair to say that this is what will happen because GL's are assumed to be fighting at full will and capacity.
-Besides, top level magic gods don't need yellow light to defeat GL's - they could telepathically remove their willpower, channel away every attack or simply choose not to be affected by the attacks by dispelling their physical forms.

Mider
i know that oh brilliant one that doesnt make him as strong is yoru little brother as strong as yours being smaller and weaker then you oh smart one its you who doesnt know anything about comics mr iron man can beat wonder women thats how much you know about comics mr thanos can beat an abstract thats how smart you are mr slade gets owned by a big hunk of rock why dont you be quiet and let people who actually know what there talking about speak your the one using insults now mr dont make it personal thanks mr will reply in a moment with another lame responce i would think

Pepito
Originally posted by Marcus4600
You know, if you actually knew something about comics, then you'd know that Galactus is Eternity's brother! This is from Wikipedia's article on Galactus:

Originally named Galan (or Galen, the spelling differs on occasion), he hails from the planet Taa, and is the sole survivor of the Big Crunch of the previous universe in which Taa was located.

A space explorer investigating the impending end of his universe, his ship approached the focal point of the Big Crunch and was promptly destroyed. Galen, the only survivor, was transformed into a cosmic entity even as the universe collapsed, after striking a deal with Eternity, who was about to be reborn in the next universe.

Galactus is considered one of the five essential entities within the Marvel Universe alongside Eternity, the personification of the universe, Death, Infinity and Oblivion.

taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galactus

The 5 essential entities are all equally powerful. Galactus is actually at full power more than most people think. The problem with most of the people on these forums is that they have the assumption of Galactus having to feed on a planet once a week. He actually doesn't feed uber-often, so he's usually at full power for a good while. Maybe if you actually knew something about comics, you would know that.

Vishanti still win.

That's right but Galactus isn't Eternity's brother - if anything he's his son as Eternity gives birth to him in The End when he is killed by Abraxas

Cosmic Flame
I would be surprised if Agamotto hadn't already been watching the DCU, and came up with a way to beat the GLs eons ago.

Can anyone provide proof that Agamotto can't beat Galactus? Not proof that he didn't, mind you, but proof that he can't?

Pepito
Well Strange was able to hold his own against a weak Galactus and he's less powerful than Agamotto as shown by the fact that The Eye of Agamotto is powerful enough thatit's one of Strange's artefacts. If someone who can fight Galactus treats a mere trinket of Agamotto's as a great mystical weapon, it's fair to say that Agamotto can beat a midlevel Galactus (but not full power Galactus because Galactus's strength increases exponentially and not if Galactus utilises his hunger).

K Von Doom
Well, Dr Strange was supposedly able to hold off the Infinity Gauntlet for a bit, so seeing as Agamotto, Hoggoth and Oshtur and infinitely more powerful than Dr Strange, would that mean they can stalemate an Infinity Gauntlet wielder?

Pepito
Originally posted by K Von Doom
Well, Dr Strange was supposedly able to hold off the Infinity Gauntlet for a bit, so seeing as Agamotto, Hoggoth and Oshtur and infinitely more powerful than Dr Strange, would that mean they can stalemate an Infinity Gauntlet wielder?

Yes and so can lots of people.

Dizzle
Originally posted by Pepito
Yes and so can lots of people.

I disagree... to both... Strange basically scoured the entire universe for the absolute most powerful items next to the infinity gems to take on Adam Warlock. Warlock used a gem on him, Strange negated it with a special magic item that he had picked up, specifically for that purpose. When Warlock used all of them, Strange responded by pooling the power of all of his artifacts, and still said that he would lose pretty quickly. It was a prep feat to make Batman wet himself, nothing more.

That said, very few things can beat the Infinity Gauntlet... It defeated all of the abstracts short of the Living Tribunal, the big 5 included. There are actually VERY few people who could beat it.

the Darkone
Agomotto is the most powerful out of the three, the vishanti will kill the green lanterns with extreme prejudice.

Dizzle
Originally posted by the Darkone
Agomotto is the most powerful out of the three, the vishanti will kill the green lanterns with extreme prejudice.

I didn't think that worked on any of them but John... Whatever. Vishanti, easily.

illadelph12
That was cold Dizzle. laughing

Validus
I'm surprised this went 2 pages. Hal Jordan cut through the Corps like butter. Facing all of them might as well equal facing the Big 5 and Mogo the way they're written. The Big 5 and Mogo would devastate the Corps themselves.

Mider
i remeber hearing that galactus met agmotto and he began eating his dimension so yeah wow how powerful the gl corps will win

K Von Doom
i remeber hearing that galactus met agmotto and he began eating his dimension so yeah wow how powerful the gl corps will win

I think you mean Mephisto. Galactus met Agamotto but he didn't try to consume his dimension.

Mider
so what happend in that battle that would be very good to know for this thread.

K Von Doom
Galactus was kinda annoyed so they started fighting. Agamotto was in his catterpillar form and Galactus started blasting him. He destroyed Agamotto's form a few times in battle. Dr Strange commented that Galactus was using force as he usually does but it was futile against Agamotto because he'd just keep re-materializing, presumably because it's Agamotto's realm.

The battle ended when Hoggoth and Oshtur intervened, who 'ordered' Agamotto to stop fighting. Agamotto was kinda pissed that someone would bark an order at him in his own realm, but still, Hoggoth and Oshtur reasoned with him to let Dr Strange go with Galactus (Infinity War Crossover), for the sake of the universe.

The fight was inconclusive because although the Big G kept disintegrating Agamotto's form, he just kept re-materializing. It didn't seem like Galactus was weakened or hungry in any way during that battle, but who knows, he, Dr Strange and the Surfer have been dimension hopping for quite a bit before that fight.

Mider
IMO i think galactus won because all that means is agomotto is immortal if immortals won just cause of that then DD would never lose on this thread nor would vandal savage but we know he isnt that strong but agomotto is but none the less he cant beat galactus but eventually he would have weakened him and drained him all that means is that agomotto is immortal that doesnt make these guys stronger then the GL corps just one gaurdian killed galactus imagine what all of them plus the GL's could do? they would sooooo own the vishanti probably lock them in the battary like parallax.

Marcus4600
If you're talking about Krona, Mider, he had tech out the butthole. He was prepared for the battle against Galactus. Also, I think he's a bit more powerful than the other guardians.

Juntai
If you're talking about Krona, Mider, he had tech out the butthole. He was prepared for the battle against Galactus. Also, I think he's a bit more powerful than the other guardians. He didn't even know who Galactus was, how was he prepared? He got the idea from Grandmaster, summoned him, then beat Galactus to death. Mostly with his bare hands.

Marcus4600
2 Problems with what you're saying.
1. Horridly written. When he killed Galactus, Galactus would have turned into a star.
2. Krona wouldn't be able to kill Galactus without preparing himself first. Krona has tech out the butthole. Without it, Galactus would have whomped him.

Juntai
1. Horridly written. When he killed Galactus, Galactus would have turned into a star.
2. Krona wouldn't be able to kill Galactus without preparing himself first. Krona has tech out the butthole. Without it, Galactus would have whomped him. 1) That's not what happened is it?
2) Wheres your proof of this? Krona was searching the cosmos and became a being of entropy or something, and was destroying realities. O.o

Marcus4600
He was harnessing the energies of the items that the JLA and Avengers had picked up. Also, when Galactus is killed, he turns into a star. Whoever wrote JLA/Avengers mustve forgot that part, I guess.

Cosmic Flame
Galactus was kinda annoyed so they started fighting. Agamotto was in his catterpillar form and Galactus started blasting him. He destroyed Agamotto's form a few times in battle. Dr Strange commented that Galactus was using force as he usually does but it was futile against Agamotto because he'd just keep re-materializing, presumably because it's Agamotto's realm.

The battle ended when Hoggoth and Oshtur intervened, who 'ordered' Agamotto to stop fighting. Agamotto was kinda pissed that someone would bark an order at him in his own realm, but still, Hoggoth and Oshtur reasoned with him to let Dr Strange go with Galactus (Infinity War Crossover), for the sake of the universe.

The fight was inconclusive because although the Big G kept disintegrating Agamotto's form, he just kept re-materializing. It didn't seem like Galactus was weakened or hungry in any way during that battle, but who knows, he, Dr Strange and the Surfer have been dimension hopping for quite a bit before that fight.
This is what I was wondering. Since magical beings are primarily composed of magical energy, I'm not surprised that Agamotto could take the attacks and keep going. And considering that Agamotto surely knows of Galactus' importance to the universe, he wouldn't really try to destroy him. Do you have scans? What issue was this?

Mider
that wouldnt have counted to agomotto i dont think that galactus has any importance to him only reason agommoto servive is cause he is immortal or whatever no other reason GL's would pool there power and trap the vishanti, and who cares if galactus didnt turn into a star its called inconsitancy like when juggernaut gets beaten up by venom when juggs cant even feel pain and stalemated war hulk who would crush venom with his pinky

GODSCRIBE
that wouldnt have counted to agomotto i dont think that galactus has any importance to him only reason agommoto servive is cause he is immortal or whatever no other reason GL's would pool there power and trap the vishanti, and who cares if galactus didnt turn into a star its called inconsitancy like when juggernaut gets beaten up by venom when juggs cant even feel pain and stalemated war hulk who would crush venom with his pinky

Mider, I hope you get banned soon. Seriously, are you just pretending to be stupid?

Marcus4600
There's not really any pretending there.

K Von Doom
Originally posted by Cosmic Flame
This is what I was wondering. Since magical beings are primarily composed of magical energy, I'm not surprised that Agamotto could take the attacks and keep going. And considering that Agamotto surely knows of Galactus' importance to the universe, he wouldn't really try to destroy him. Do you have scans? What issue was this?

If Agamotto was trying to kill Galactus, he wasn't doing a great job. The best he did was shoot Galactus in the back with his tail, and the Big G seemed to ignore it. As for knowing about Galactus' importance to the universe, well, from what I remember Dr Strange & Galactus were on a universe-saving mission before Agamotto abducted Dr Strange - hindering the mission - so even if Agamotto knew , he seemed to not care enough to jeopardize the safety of the universe.

Mider
why would he care bout the universe he lives in his own universe and all that is just speculation if he keeps comming back going at galactus changing forms every time it seems that he was trying everything he could to beat him

Validus
2. Krona wouldn't be able to kill Galactus without preparing himself first. Krona has tech out the butthole. Without it, Galactus would have whomped him.
Krona had the power of 2 universes in JLA/Avengers as said by Kurt Busiek. Galactus was no match.

Marcus4600
why would he care bout the universe he lives in his own universe and all that is just speculation if he keeps comming back going at galactus changing forms every time it seems that he was trying everything he could to beat him

He kinda wouldn't aid Strange if he didn't care about Strange's universe.

Pepito

Abraxas would destroy all universes

leonidas
amen. as far a g v agamotto -- it was inconclusive. aggy seemed to be . . . annoying g more than posing as a real threat. i had the impression that given time g would have sort of . . . figured him out and beaten him, but that's just opinion. g does have trouble adjusting to magic, but i think he is capable of it. mephisto is also magical and g had no trouble dealing with him.

4 gl's were able to handle parallax, a VERY powerful being. the whole corps may wll be able to handle the vishanti. omnipotent has proven to be less than all that in many cases. if they worked together to draw them from their worlds, they would certainly have a shot, though casualties would be heavy. that's a LOT of power beig thrown at them . . .

Pepito
Originally posted by Dizzle
I disagree... to both... Strange basically scoured the entire universe for the absolute most powerful items next to the infinity gems to take on Adam Warlock. Warlock used a gem on him, Strange negated it with a special magic item that he had picked up, specifically for that purpose. When Warlock used all of them, Strange responded by pooling the power of all of his artifacts, and still said that he would lose pretty quickly. It was a prep feat to make Batman wet himself, nothing more.

That said, very few things can beat the Infinity Gauntlet... It defeated all of the abstracts short of the Living Tribunal, the big 5 included. There are actually VERY few people who could beat it.

Infinites, Beyonders, Classic Beyonder, White Phoenix, TOAA, LT, Ultimate Eternity (omniversal consciousness). There's also the factor that ig wearers can be beaten by cunning and tactics as Thanos was

leonidas
don't forget the anomaly. maelstrom walked up to thanos with the ig and laughed in his face. thanos was powerless to do anything against him and would have died along with everything else had maelstrom not been defeated.

Crease
The Vishanti are Agamotto, Hoggoth, and Oshtur, three benevolent extradimensional entities possessing vast mystical power, who bestow mystical knowledge and power upon sorcerers who invoke their names and whom they consider worthy. They are the beings whom Earth's sorcerer supreme, Doctor Stephen Strange, most often invokes to grant additional power to his spells.

Hoggoth is often called "hoary Hoggoth," presumably indicating that he is of great age. Agamotto, however, has claimed to have existed before the creation of the Earth. Hence, if Hoggoth is indeed the eldest of the Vishanti, he is older than most other known beings in the multiverse. Sorcerers speak of "the hoary hosts of Hoggoth" and sometimes invoke the hosts themselves in casting spells. This fact suggests that Hoggoth's hosts themselves have existed perhaps as long as Hoggoth himself and that they too can bestow mystical power. No more is known about the hosts of Hoggoth, however.

Oshtur is often called "omnipotent Oshtur." This name suggests that she may be the most powerful of the three Vishanti. However, it is clear that Agamotto himself is one of the most powerful known mystical beings. On one occasion Doctor Strange invoked both Hoggoth and Oshtur in casting a spell against Agamotto, but the spell failed. Possibly this incident indicates that Agamotto is more powerful than either Hoggoth or Oshtur, or perhaps only that the other two Vishanti chose not to help Strange against Agamotto (in any event, though Oshtur clearly possesses vast power, she is presumably not literally omnipotent.) The fact that Oshtur is also addressed as "gracious lady" may indicate that she has a kindly and noble nature.

Of the three Vishanti, the most is known about Agamotto the All-Seeing according to one account, Agamotto was the first sorcerer supreme of the Earth dimension. Considering that Agamotto claims to be older than the Earth itself, and that he appears to be of other dimensional origin, this account may not be entirely accurate. However, Agamotto may indeed have himself acted directly to protect the Earth dimension before the rise of its first native sorcerer supreme. Agamotto is known to be the creator of the Amulet of Agamotto, which contains the Eye of Agamotto, which can generate a powerful beam of "white" magical energy. The Amulet of Agamotto is traditionally in the possession of the Earth dimension's principal opponent to the sinister mystical being, Dormammu. Currently the amulet is the principal weapon in the possession of Dormarnmu's arch foe, Doctor Stephen Strange.

All GL's die after a battle that goes for a week.

Cosmic Flame
When it comes to beings on the level of the Vishanti and the abstracts, they do what they do for their own reasons, which most of the time are not disclosed to lesser beings. Agamotto is a big prankster and a big wanker. When Strange needed to get back to protect earth from Mephisto and Satannish, Agamotto kept Strange tied up for however long. And while he didn't intervene directly he gave Strange back his artifacts and told him how to defeat M & S. The fact that he's probably older than this universe surely factors into his various encounters with other beings--he's surely seen it all before, and he knows how things are going to turn out. So who's to say that Agamotto wasn't just "funning" the whole time with Galactus as he did with Strange?

In another note, the Vishanti withdrew their support of Salome when she was willing to destroy the earth in order to destroy Strange, and they summoned the LT on 616's behalf during the War of the Seven Spheres. They obviously care about that dimension more than a little, especially Agamotto (seeing as how he was its first magical protector).

How well would the GL Corps fare in a multidimensional battle? I'm figuring that's what this would end up being.

K Von Doom
Originally posted by Crease
The Vishanti are Agamotto, Hoggoth, and Oshtur, three benevolent extradimensional entities possessing vast mystical power, who bestow mystical knowledge and power upon sorcerers who invoke their names and whom they consider worthy. They are the beings whom Earth's sorcerer supreme, Doctor Stephen Strange, most often invokes to grant additional power to his spells.

Hoggoth is often called "hoary Hoggoth," presumably indicating that he is of great age. Agamotto, however, has claimed to have existed before the creation of the Earth. Hence, if Hoggoth is indeed the eldest of the Vishanti, he is older than most other known beings in the multiverse. Sorcerers speak of "the hoary hosts of Hoggoth" and sometimes invoke the hosts themselves in casting spells. This fact suggests that Hoggoth's hosts themselves have existed perhaps as long as Hoggoth himself and that they too can bestow mystical power. No more is known about the hosts of Hoggoth, however.

Oshtur is often called "omnipotent Oshtur." This name suggests that she may be the most powerful of the three Vishanti. However, it is clear that Agamotto himself is one of the most powerful known mystical beings. On one occasion Doctor Strange invoked both Hoggoth and Oshtur in casting a spell against Agamotto, but the spell failed. Possibly this incident indicates that Agamotto is more powerful than either Hoggoth or Oshtur, or perhaps only that the other two Vishanti chose not to help Strange against Agamotto (in any event, though Oshtur clearly possesses vast power, she is presumably not literally omnipotent.) The fact that Oshtur is also addressed as "gracious lady" may indicate that she has a kindly and noble nature.

Of the three Vishanti, the most is known about Agamotto the All-Seeing according to one account, Agamotto was the first sorcerer supreme of the Earth dimension. Considering that Agamotto claims to be older than the Earth itself, and that he appears to be of other dimensional origin, this account may not be entirely accurate. However, Agamotto may indeed have himself acted directly to protect the Earth dimension before the rise of its first native sorcerer supreme. Agamotto is known to be the creator of the Amulet of Agamotto, which contains the Eye of Agamotto, which can generate a powerful beam of "white" magical energy. The Amulet of Agamotto is traditionally in the possession of the Earth dimension's principal opponent to the sinister mystical being, Dormammu. Currently the amulet is the principal weapon in the possession of Dormarnmu's arch foe, Doctor Stephen Strange.

All GL's die after a battle that goes for a week.

I can do that too smile

Description of the GLs

Vishanti die after a battle that goes for a week

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.