If humans and Apes Could reproduce.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Grim Reefer
I was watching this show on the Discovery Channel a few days ago and it was about a moneky from back in the 60's that was found in africa and brought to America where it was on a bunch of Tv shows and it looked like a Moneky crossed with a human, it walked on 2 legs, and its facial features resembled a Human more than a chimp, it was later found out that it was a Chimp but some kind of sub species, but it got me thinking, If a human and Chimp could reproduce, which they can but no one has done yet for moral reason, Would it be treated as human or animal, would it have human rights? or would it be locked up in a cage and what would be right?

Quiero Mota
Ay guey!!, That's f*cking nasty, homes!

Shakyamunison
I saw that show; it was a good show. Unfortunately for the Humanzee, we would lock it in a cage and study it. A miserable life, it would have.

GCG
This must be the most interesting thread in ages.

I do agree that it would be locked up and studied. But should it ? I mean its half human, it would have emotions and its brain would be further developed that any other primate. It could also learn a language.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by GCG
This must be the most interesting thread in ages.

I do agree that it would be locked up and studied. But should it ? I mean its half human, it would have emotions and its brain would be further developed that any other primate. It could also learn a language.

I don't think this should happen, but I know how bad we humans can be. The people in power and the religious leaders would consider it a threat. They will not see it as half human, they will see it as half animal.

Grim Reefer
This was the Monkey Oliver I was talking about
http://www.ape-o-naut.org/famous/famous/members/images/oliver.jpg

T.M
They cant a species can not fertilise eggs of other species.

Wonderer
Originally posted by Grim Reefer
I was watching this show on the Discovery Channel a few days ago and it was about a moneky from back in the 60's that was found in africa and brought to America where it was on a bunch of Tv shows and it looked like a Moneky crossed with a human, it walked on 2 legs, and its facial features resembled a Human more than a chimp, it was later found out that it was a Chimp but some kind of sub species, but it got me thinking, If a human and Chimp could reproduce, which they can but no one has done yet for moral reason, Would it be treated as human or animal, would it have human rights? or would it be locked up in a cage and what would be right?

Umm...humans and chimps cannot reproduce the old fashioned way, it would have to be in a lab. It's a sick idea anyway.

T.M
Originally posted by Wonderer
Umm...humans and chimps cannot reproduce the old fashioned way, it would have to be in a lab. It's a sick idea anyway.

they cant reproduce any way.

as i said different species can not reproduce succesfully.

Grim Reefer
Im pretty sure We're closely enough related to apes that we can reproduce, even on the show they said we have the technology to do so, just no one has done it and let the public know for moral reasons.

And I mean if Lions can have babies with Tigers why cant humans with Monkeys.

jaden101
Originally posted by Grim Reefer
Im pretty sure We're closely enough related to apes that we can reproduce, even on the show they said we have the technology to do so, just no one has done it and let the public know for moral reasons.

And I mean if Lions can have babies with Tigers why cant humans with Monkeys.

humans have 23 pairs of chromosomes and apes have 24 pairs...if they cant match then they cant reproduce feritile offspring although probably could produce an infertile hybrid...experiments were carried out in russia i believe...professor Il'ya Ivanov

because one has a odd number of chromosomes and one has an even number then they cant line up during meiosis (cell division)

whereas something like donkeys and horses can line up because they have 64 and 62 chromosomes respectively and thus the offspring will have 63

even when hybrids like these occur they are almost always sterile anyway so wouldn't be able to reproduce further

T.M
First of all Lions and Tigers are both from the cat family therefore can interbreed (in captivity for obvious reasons) although you can hardly call it successful as the offspring are usually sterile and do not live very long.

Humans and Chimps are very closely related but still it is impossible to breed the to separate species.

debbiejo
I don't believe it's possible for one species to produce a fertile egg in another and would survive....That's what I've real anyway....And it would be like play making monsters if it was done artificially.

idowhatiamtold
didn't they already? I believe she is a famous woman starring in captastic films such as Maid in Manhattan and Wedding Planner?

idowhatiamtold
http://www.aclasscelebs.com/jenniferl/images/jenniferLZ063_jpg.jpg

Dagons Blade
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I don't think this should happen, but I know how bad we humans can be. The people in power and the religious leaders would consider it a threat.

Originally posted by Shakyamunison Hey hey, it's the Monk...whoa. Sorry, wrong show there wink

They will not see it as half human, they will see it as half animal.

Ya' gotta ask yourself in this case..what would Charlton Heston do?

confused

debbiejo
Well It's gotta have a hot mama..

Dagons Blade
Originally posted by debbiejo

Oh Jeez! LMFAO!

I'll quoite Charlton Heston again froma certain series:

"They did it, they finally did it...those damn fools"!

Shakyamunison

That's not right. no That image is scaring me.scared

Draco69
I don't know about y'all...but I ain't ****ing no monkey. no

FeceMan
"If humans and apes could reproduce..."

Then bestiality would undoubtedly be made acceptable in society's eyes.

Dagons Blade
Originally posted by FeceMan

Then bestiality would undoubtedly be made acceptable in society's eyes.

Or at least become a more acceptable subject matter for film in the countries that allow it...

debbiejo
Originally posted by FeceMan

Then bestiality would undoubtedly be made acceptable in society's eyes. Don't go there.... sick

Dagons Blade
Don't go there.... sick

Don't go where, France? wink

Capt_Fantastic
I've seen several shows on this monkey, and that's exactly wht Oliver is, a monkey. When he was taken on a tour of China, it was claimed that he had matching genetic make-up of both humans and chimps...

This was untrue, however. He is just a monkey. He was likely captured as a baby and trained to walk upright. He is also known for drinking beer and smoking cigars. All things that any chimp can be trained to not only do, but things they would likely enjoy anyway.

Grim Reefer
They said on the show that he was most likely a Sub Species or an undiscovered species because his DNA didnt match up with a Normal chimps.

KharmaDog
If humans and Apes Could reproduce ...

it would explain alot of the posts in this forum.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by KharmaDog
If humans and Apes Could reproduce ...

it would explain alot of the posts in this forum.

So what you are saying is, it has already happened and they are currently on this forum? laughing

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
I've seen several shows on this monkey, and that's exactly wht Oliver is, a monkey...

Ape you mean. stick out tongue

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by Draco69
I don't know about y'all...but I ain't ****ing no monkey. no

laughing

debbiejo
Originally posted by Dagons Blade
Don't go where, France? wink

laughing out loud That's where it always starts you know.... wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.