Bahamut vs. Ridley

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Shadow x 20
Who wins?

Acrosurge
Don't know. I know Ridley. Who's Bahamut?

Shadow x 20
(I changed it)

Shadow x 20
Final Fantasy
(This is Bahamut from FF9)

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Shadow x 20
Final Fantasy
(This is Bahamut from FF9) Augh! *dives for cover to avoid FFfanboys*

shin_remy
Hahahaha

i know who Bahamut is, the king of dragons

i don't know who ridly is

Shadow x 20
Metroid

Darkstorm Zero
Gee if it isn't one it's the other eh? laughing out loud

I am going to side with Bahamut... Ridley is a tough opponent, but Bahamut's powers make the difference far too great, megaflare for starters...

Shadow x 20
Plus as we saw in the CGI cutscene from FF9 Bahamut can dodge and move quickly.

Lord Ryugen
Depends really, if it's standard Ridley Bahumut will have no problem, However if its Mecha Ridley from Prime then I'd probably edge towards him.

IcePunk
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Gee if it isn't one it's the other eh? laughing out loud

I am going to side with Bahamut... Ridley is a tough opponent, but Bahamut's powers make the difference far too great, megaflare for starters...

So true. But which Bahamut is the coolest? The one from ffx or the one from ffVIII?

Lord Ryugen
X's Bahamut had pink wings and a wheel on his back, he was not cool. The best I'd say was Bahamut Zero from VII

Shadow x 20
Alright how about Bahamut Zero (FF7) vs. Mecha Ridley. I'm pointing towards Bahamut Zero.

Lord Ryugen
Bahamut Zero fires what seems to be a nuclear strike from its mouth, not to mention it attacks from space (comes out of the Sun) Zero would rip Ridley to shreds.

dvampire
I forgot, who was more powerful Neo or Zero Bahamut from 7?

Shadow x 20
Zero

Lord Ryugen
Zero is the third incarnation of Bahamut in FFVII, you need the blue huge materia and Bahamut and Neo Bahamut to receive his power. If Zero got a shot on Ridley He'd disintagarate him, of course Ridley ain't no slouch in the speed department so it might be difficult. Against most versions of Bahamut though I can't see Ridley winning. (Still that might just be my FF fanboyism kicking up again laughing out loud )

Shadow x 20
Ridley wouldn't be able to hurt Zero. You know how much bigger Zero is then Ridley?

Lord Ryugen
You never really see Zero's size in relation to anything else. Still he's bigger than Neo was and Neo was BIG.

id369
Tyrant Dragon from BOF 4 out ranks, overpowers, and uberly pawns both.

Lord Ryugen
I've played that game, if it's the one I'm thinking off then yes Tyrant does edge out Zero slightly in sheer destructive power. But Zero has a definate size advantage.

Shadow x 20
Originally posted by id369
Tyrant Dragon from BOF 4 out ranks, overpowers, and uberly pawns both.

I don't know. Zero is very fast. He flew from the sun to the Earth in seconds not to mention he came from the sun.

Lord Ryugen
That simply means his speed and durability against heat and pressure are incredible. In actual blast power Tyrant wins, in everything else Zero has superiority.

Shadow x 20
Which means Zero can take more damage thus making Zero the true king of the dragons.

Lord Ryugen
Yes Bahamut can probably absorb a lot more damage than Tyrant, but remember that Summons in VII appear do an attck then leave so this is just fan speculation. Tyrant's blast would probably cause massive damage to Zero, however if he tried to fight Zero in melee combat he'd be ripped apart.

Shadow x 20
What about FFX?

Lord Ryugen
I really don't like X portrayal of Bahamut, then again I don't FFX at all so I can't really say it's an unbiased opinion. See the problem with X Bahamut is that when engaging in a vs fight I take out the RPG damage system and base my argument on the level of destruction the blast would do in real terms. In that case FFX Bahamut would be rather inferior, also while all Bahamuts have to charge their attacks, all the others are airborne and therefore more difficult to hit. X Bahamutliesa on the goes to all fours on the ground to charge, he would present a rather easy target in non turn based combat.

Shadow x 20
Zero does the maxium amount of damage a FF7 summon can do.

Lord Ryugen
Yes but if you look at the size of the blast, the force would easily be enough to level a small town. In comparison FFX Bahamut creates a very small exploxion directly in front of him. In damage system terms the X Bahamut has the stronger attack as it can exceed the standard 9999 damage limit. However I don't use the damage system in VS threads because it is difficult to place the damage it would do to a character from outside of the game.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.