Palpatine's Mistake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DrDoom101
Palpatine asked Anakin to request the Jedi Council to let him lead the champaign against General Grievous. However, didn't Palpatine need him to stay on Coruscant to lure him to the Dark Side?

Anakin- The Chancellor has requested that I lead the champaign.

Mace- The Council makes its own decisions on who has to go, not the Chancellor (or watever he said, i dont remember completely)

starwarsrules14
Palps knew that they wouldn't let Anakin go, and used it to convince Anakin that the Council was against him.

darkjedi132
exacly...To make Anakin Believe Him more of the distrust of the council

mace=badass
And as far as I'm concerned, Palps made no mistake, look how his plan worked out for him.

overlord
Originally posted by starwarsrules14
Palps knew that they wouldn't let Anakin go, and used it to convince Anakin that the Council was against him. Yeah, Sidious knows everything.....

Gunship Pilot
Palpatine planned everything...remember that...

In episode 1 the title "the phantom menace" sidious makes a deal with the trade federation...the federation puts a pointless blockade on naboo in order to distract the council and the senate, while the jedi were focused on the possible return of the sith and the blockade, sidious already was training tyrannus...who killed Syfo-dias and ordered a clone army on his behalf...the only jedi who sensed this was Qui-Gon, remember when he said to the queen on naboo? :

Qui-Gon: "they will kill you if you stay."
Sio Bibble: "they wouldn`t dare!"
Panaka: "they need her to sign the treaty to make this invasion as their legal, they can`t afford to kill her!"
(and here`s the important thing)
Qui-Gon:there`s something else behind this, your highness...there`s no logic in the federation`s moving here..."

Palpatine had already identified anakin on that movie too...

rubinator
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/8927/agen437co.jpg

not a mistake for him but whoever animated him made a mistake on his face

rubinator
he looks weird

jollyjim311
Is there a handle on his lightsaber there?...

rubinator
i dont think so

Captain REX
Um, duh, of course. Its just hidden behind his arm.

Palpatine knew these things in advanced; why would the Council send him against Grievous?

overlord
Originally posted by Gunship Pilot
Palpatine planned everything...remember that...

In episode 1 the title "the phantom menace" sidious makes a deal with the trade federation...the federation puts a pointless blockade on naboo in order to distract the council and the senate, while the jedi were focused on the possible return of the sith and the blockade, sidious already was training tyrannus...who killed Syfo-dias and ordered a clone army on his behalf...the only jedi who sensed this was Qui-Gon, remember when he said to the queen on naboo? :

Qui-Gon: "they will kill you if you stay."
Sio Bibble: "they wouldn`t dare!"
Panaka: "they need her to sign the treaty to make this invasion as their legal, they can`t afford to kill her!"
(and here`s the important thing)
Qui-Gon:there`s something else behind this, your highness...there`s no logic in the federation`s moving here..."

Palpatine had already identified anakin on that movie too... Yeah, yeah and he also killed Padme from a distance, planned the exact same arrivals of Anakin and the jedi squad and he also planned that Anakin wouldn't be allowed to lead the Grievous campaign.
Oh yeah and he planned that Mace wouldn't kill him right away thus giving Anakin the time to slice off Windu's arm wich also was planned.

Holy Lord, praise Sidious the planning master who controls every little inch of the universe!

mace=badass
Amen.

jollyjim311
The only major thing he didn't see coming was Anakins defeat at the hands of Obi Wan. He probably hoped/thought that Obi would be killed in Order 66.

Gunship Pilot
exactly...Obi-Wan was so close to get killed, clones missed that shot in my opinion...and Obi was to damn clever for them

Zarathustra
Originally posted by overlord
Yeah, yeah and he also killed Padme from a distance, planned the exact same arrivals of Anakin and the jedi squad and he also planned that Anakin wouldn't be allowed to lead the Grievous campaign.
Oh yeah and he planned that Mace wouldn't kill him right away thus giving Anakin the time to slice off Windu's arm wich also was planned.

Holy Lord, praise Sidious the planning master who controls every little inch of the universe!
Much as I find the majority of that to be ridiculous, it's pretty obvious the Council wouldn't grant his request. The two were obviously in a power struggle, whether it was explicit yet or not. They weren't going to grant any request their opponent made, particularly not an unreasonable one right after Palpatine had got his golden boy appointed to their ranks. It's basic politics: anyone could predict it.
The rest of those assertions are still stupid, of course.

Ushgarak
People should remember that Sidious often had to improvise when his plans went awry, also.

He planned for Padme to be killed in Episode I after signing over aboo to the Feds (presumably then to come to the rescue). As it is, the invasion was thwarted and his apprentice was killed; not his plan at all, but he still managed to get himself voted Chancellor; he then began his new plan with the Clones.

Even then, Obi-Wan traced the link to Kamino way too fast, catching Jango there, and then DOoku had to hurry along the plan very fast, again not as planned.

That bastard Obi-Wan did it again when he beat Anakin on Mustafar.

So let's remember that Palpatine is always playing a dangerous, risky game and he does not get it all his way. These follies eventually kill him.

queeq
I never got that Killing-padme-ploy.... What was the point in that?

darthvader_fan
Yeah, yeah and he also killed Padme from a distance, planned the exact same arrivals of Anakin and the jedi squad and he also planned that Anakin wouldn't be allowed to lead the Grievous campaign.

Holy Lord, praise Sidious the planning master who controls every little inch of the universe! agreed

Ushgarak
Originally posted by queeq
I never got that Killing-padme-ploy.... What was the point in that?

I assumed to demonstrate how powerless and corrupt the Senate had become, that it stood by whilst a sovereign world was overthrown and its elected leader killd.

chinabing
I wish I had a laundry list of all of Palpatine's plans...

overlord
Originally posted by darthvader_fan

Holy Lord, praise Sidious the planning master who controls every little inch of the universe! agreed Agreed? Do you agree with my sarcasm or do you really believe it?

xyz jedi
Originally posted by darthvader_fanOriginally posted by overlord Yeah, yeah and he also killed Padme from a distance, planned the exact same arrivals of Anakin and the jedi squad and he also planned that Anakin wouldn't be allowed to lead the Grievous campaign.

Holy Lord, praise Sidious the planning master who controls every little inch of the universe!agreed Agreed? Do you agree with my sarcasm or do you really believe it? Computers can't show sarcasm. But that was obviously sarcastic.

xyz jedi
lol three quotes in eachother!!!

overlord
A beautiful sight to see indeed. yes

MC_GG
Imagine how pissed Palpatine would be if Anakin did lead the campaign. Lol Palpatine's plan would be screwed up then.

Darth_Amidala
Originally posted by MC_GG
Imagine how pissed Palpatine would be if Anakin did lead the campaign. Lol Palpatine's plan would be screwed up then.

He would have found a way even if so stick out tongue

Dark Envy
IMO, Palpatine WANTED Obi-Wan to defeat Anakin in Mustafar. Because Anakin was burnt in Lava and turned into a cyborg, he was weakened, making Palpatine strongest man on the galaxy.

Darth_Amidala
"My new apprentice will become stronger than both of us."
I am not to sure that Palpatine expected, or wanted that to happen, he seemed to confident in Anakins power.

jollyjim311
Actually, that was one of the few things he didn't see coming. But it worked out either way. If Vader hadn't been burnt up, then he would have tried to kill Palpatine. Palpatine would have convinced Vader he still needed him and kept him as his apprentice a little while longer until Vader was strong enough to kill Sidious and rule the Empire. Thats what I think, at least.

overlord
Originally posted by Dark Envy
IMO, Palpatine WANTED Obi-Wan to defeat Anakin in Mustafar. Because Anakin was burnt in Lava and turned into a cyborg, he was weakened, making Palpatine strongest man on the galaxy. Yeah, and then Obi Wan's journey to the dark side would be complete, making Obi Wan, Palpatines new apprentice.

Darth Venom
hmmmmmmmmmm Intresting lol

exanda kane
I agree with what Ush said a few pages back (yet cannot be arsed to quote it).

Of course he didn't want Maul to die, he may not have even wanted the to Republic Ambassadors to be Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan.

In E3 he suggested to leave Obi-Wan on the Invisible Hand. Of course I doubt he was pinning a lot of hope on this happening but he gave it a shot. You could also suggest that he might not have expected Obi-Wan to kill Greivous - Obi-Wan would then be out of the way.

You can see where I am going with this...

I do like thinking of Star Wars like this however. It makes Obi-Wan seem immensely great.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.