Batman Finally gets a Stamp

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WindDancer
DC Comics has announced that in 2006 the postal office will be will be issuing the first ever stamp pane (20 stamps) to honor comic book super heroes. Among the many heroes Batman will be included! Here are the details:

http://www.usps.com/communications/news/stamps/2005/sr05_054.htm

Take that Marvel Comics! stick out tongue

Mando
http://www.usps.com/communications/news/stamps/2006/images/06_dccomics_600s.jpg

There is a God thumb up

WindDancer
So friggin SWEEEET! big grin

I'm glad that Jim Lee's Hush artwork was picked for the stamp. Can't wait to get the booklet.

Mr Parker
awesome,hope it helps the new batman movie do better at the box office than Begins did.

Zarathustra
Holy correspondence, Batman!

Doc Ock
Only the best characters get a stamp:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v120/octopus/doctor_octopus_stamp.jpg

evil face Happy Dance big grin

Joker1237
No Joker stamps???

I shock.

roughrider
Originally posted by Mr Parker
awesome,hope it helps the new batman movie do better at the box office than Begins did.

The film did great; actually above expectations, because of the stink left by Batman & Robin.

WindDancer
The only disappointment is that there is no SHAZAM! stamp. Bummer! sad

Mr Parker
Originally posted by roughrider
The film did great; actually above expectations, because of the stink left by Batman & Robin.

How did it do great,it didnt come anywhere near the box office success that batman 89 did? and actually ALL the batman films made prior to begins were the stink.

Joker1237
well 89 was a box office success, and did better than BB.

Come on, you will never amitt it is a great movie.
IMO the best Bats movie ever in live action.

Mr Parker
thats my point I was saying to him which was how could it have done great at the box office like he says it did if it did not do near as well at the box office as batman 89 did? and well of course I will never admit it is a great movie, because harvey dent hit the nail right on the head with that thread title which was so appropriately titled TIM BURTON IS A MORON WHEN IT COMES TO BATMAN MOVIES.He so much hit the nail on the head with that thread title.Harvey dent is one smart dude with logic and common sense.

Mando
This is a Batman Rejoice thread. Not a 89 hate thread.

But you have every right to stick your opinion Parker. 89 was a box office hit because it was very anticipated. The reason BB did so poorly was because people got tired of batman after, say the 3rd or 4th.

Mr Parker
thats why I was saying,I hope that with the new stamp,that it will help promote the new batman begins film and it will do much better at the box office than begins did. I dont know where that guy got the idea that begins did well at the box office but your right,thats why bb did so poorly because of what you said.There were already four batman films made so the anticipation wasnt there for kids to go see it since they could pop in a vcr anytime they wanted to see a batman movie.plus the publicity for it was horrible,they should have started promoting it like superman is doing with superman returns but they didnt until just a couple months before the movie came out.I hope thay have learned from theirr mistakes this time and dont make the same mistake with the new batman sequel. mad

that being said,great to see a stamp for him.hopefully that will help bring in new people for the batman begins sequel and help promote it.

FistOfThe North
A Batman '89 stamp would be cool, huh. Parker'd be the 1st one in line at his local post office to pick it up.

Mando
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
A Batman '89 stamp would be cool, huh. Parker'd be the 1st one in line at his local post office to pick it up.

He'd Buy as much as he can, and then would burn them all.

WindDancer
I really can't wait! This is so friggin cool! Batman on a stamp. Finally! happy

Mando
I can see you took up the sig I made. smile

WindDancer
And loving it! big grin

Zarathustra
Originally posted by Mr Parker
that being said,great to see a stamp for him.hopefully that will help bring in new people for the batman begins sequel and help promote it.
New people? Like all those people that have never heard of Batman? Honestly, I don't imagine that seeing his picture very rarely on correspondence will raise the public profile much, especially on a character that's already universally recognized.

Mr Parker
well I will be at the post office soon so hopefull I see a batman stamp.

WrathfulDwarf
Hey everyone! I'm here at Comic Con in SD and just to remind you all the stamps will be release tomorrow! Get yours soon! batman

smiley8
Does anyone know if they will be available as a booklet anywhere else as well as USA?

WrathfulDwarf
I think foreign customers can purchase these stamps directly from the post office. Try to order them online. I think is worth it owning them.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Hey everyone! I'm here at Comic Con in SD and just to remind you all the stamps will be release tomorrow! Get yours soon! batman

cool.Lets all go out and get them and help promote the Batman Begins sequal.

Cerberus
Originally posted by Dusty
http://www.usps.com/communications/news/stamps/2006/images/06_dccomics_600s.jpg

There is a God thumb up

Oooo, nice yes cool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.