Fight the Power!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

whobdamandog
Are we all subjected to some type authority?

What lengths should one take to challenge the authorities that they are subjected to? Should one who submits to authority readily....be labeled as weaker than a person who does not?

Discuss

JacopeX
Do the right thing

Dont fight the power

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by whobdamandog

What lengths should one take to challenge the authorities that they are subjected to? Should one who submits to authority readily....be labeled as weaker than a person who does not?

Discuss

The authorities are silly

Alpha Centauri
We're all subject to some kind of rules or regulations, somehow.

I believe if something happens that you disagree with and it's in your heart and mind to resist that in whatever realistic way you can, then you should. Only if you can though.

I don't particularly like the world's governments but I'm not about to go on some anti-government crusade. Why? Because I can do nothing. That's not weakness, it's realism.

-AC

Fire
Originally posted by whobdamandog

Discuss
Everyone is subjected to some type of authority unless you live on an uninhabbited island all by yourself. (Establishing rules is in the nature of human culture)

You should always question authorities, challenge their weaknesses and point out their flaws. Yet you should never forget they are only human as well and are bound to make mistakes sooner or later.

I do not see why a person who submits to authority (not counting in certain sickening regimes) should be labelled as weak. A person who wants to follow the law is not considered weak in my eyes. Even if those laws or rules are wrong in most countries the peopl as a whole are responsible for those rules.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Qualify the authority that binds you by liberating the imagination that feeds you.

If you feel restrained by the powers that be then either you are not meant to be held, or the law that grounds you needs to be broken because the paralysis it breeds is totalitarian.

I fought the law. And. The law was undone.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.