Classic Xbox Games

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phat J
i bought an xbox the other day, and it'd be sick of someone could recommend me some good games to go and get.

the ones the guy had that sold it to me are:

jade empire
star wars old republic 2
xmen legends
espn hockey 2k5
fable

i was disapointed with fable, but i havent really gotten into it yet. jade empire's probably the best single player i have, its the only one other than hockey that ive actually played enough to be able to have an opinion on.

Phat J
any other good xbox games? im trying to find morrowind, which is the reason i bought an xbox, but its not anywhere i can find.

JKozzy
Uh.. yeah you've got the majority there.

Shadow x 20
Why didn't you get Halo: Combat Evovled and Halo2?

Jedi Shmedi
I just beat Brothers In Arms: Road to Kill 30 yesterday, amazing game, definately add it to your collection.

Snoopbert
Originally posted by Shadow x 20
Why didn't you get Halo: Combat Evovled and Halo2? Yea, I know messed

-hh-
Originally posted by Phat J

espn hockey 2k5

that's all you need^ thumb up

TwisterGameX
Get Ninja God Damn, Splinter cell chaos theory and halo1 and 2

Shadow x 20
Those games Twister said will keep you playing the Xbox for a long time.

DarkC
Half-Life 2, if you don't have it on Computer.

Phat J
Originally posted by Shadow x 20
Why didn't you get Halo: Combat Evovled and Halo2?

i just got the games the guy had when he sold it to me. ill pick that up tho, those games are a little hyped up IMO tho.

Originally posted by Jedi Shmedi
I just beat Brothers In Arms: Road to Kill 30 yesterday, amazing game, definately add it to your collection.

ill check it out, is that like a war game?

Originally posted by -hh-
that's all you need^ thumb up

hell yeah, hockeys the way to go.

thats pretty much all ive been playin, none of my friends wanna sit there while i play a rpg.

Originally posted by TwisterGameX
Get Ninja God Damn, Splinter cell chaos theory and halo1 and 2

i didnt know they had splinter cell for the xbox, sweet, im pickin that up for sure. the first one was great.

whats ninja god damn like? sounds interesting...

thanks for the suggestions, should keep me busy for awhile thumb up

MysteryRidah
Here is a few under 10 bucks that you might wanna check out:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/Mafiazone/burn.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/Mafiazone/crime.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/Mafiazone/thunder.jpg

Ultimate Hulk43
GTA:3
GTA:Vice City
GTA: San Andreas
Spider-Man 2
Incredible Hulk:Ultimate Destruction
Peter Jackson's King Kong

Phat J
i didnt really like true crime, got old fast.

i beat all the gta's on the ps2, vice city was my favourite story wise, but san andreas has better gameplay, havent played either of them in like a year.

i heard farcry instincts was good, i might get that instead of halo. im gettin the max paynes for the xbox, i miss them.

Ultimate Hulk43
Simpsons:Hit and Run is also a good game for the Xbox.

Phat J
it was ok for the ps2, good 2 player, good call man i might get that.

Ultimate Hulk43
No probs. smile

What about Batman Begins and the Fantastic Four game?They were good although I played them on the PS2.

Jedi Shmedi
Yup, Brothers in Arms: Road To Hill 30 is a WWII game based on the true story of the 101st Airborne Division of the US Army, you control squads and every location you go too is a real place, all of the missions are the exact same ones that the 101st did way back when. Even a few off your fellow soldiers in the game are based off of the real members of the 101st. It's very historically accurate.

Plus, the sequel to the game just came out, Brothers In Arms: Earned In Blood, it takes place right where Road to Hill 30 left off. I strongly recomend checking out both.

Phat J
are they first person shooters?

i have xmen, one superhero games enough for me. laughing out loud

Ultimate Hulk43
You should buy Incredible Hulk:Ultimate Destruction.One way to describe it:BEST SUPERHERO GAME EVER.

Jedi Shmedi
Amen to Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, freakin amazing game! Oh, and yes, the Brothers in Arms series is first-person-shooting (at it's best smile)

Phat J
ill check them all out

gonna lay low this weekend and play the shit outta my xbox

tridnt
the main games that keep me at my xbox all day is either

halo combat evolved
baulders gate dark alliance 2
dynasty warriors 5

you should purchase these games as they will keep you up all night

Phat J
the baldurs gate games are sick, i beat both those on the ps2. great 2 player games. i talked my friend into getting one of them for the cpu, but it turned out it was this older rpg one that wasnt even worth the 10 bucks he spent on it.

whats dynasty warriors like?

Phat J
i got simpsons roadrage, somebody at co-op has it, theyre bringin it tomorrow. one step closer to havin the ultimate collection Happy Dance

tridnt
dynasty warriors is based on a book of chiniese and japaniese wars ...... it is set on out maps that have been influenced by the book..... from dynasty warriors 2 to 5 all the lelves are the same but the more newer the game the better it is set out.
The game is set out with the main kingdoms WEI WU AND SHU each kingdom has there unique character and there lords: which are

(SHU = LUE BEI)
(WEI= CAO CAO)
(WU= SUN QUAN *I THINK*)

all the way through the game you will fight battle of huge numbers and killing is almost endless ... Myself i cant get enough of this game and i will keep enjoying it for a very long time........

this game is a must when you buy an xbox

And for bauldres gate i have just bought the second one a couple of days ago and i am doin quite well co-op is awsome me and me brother have a great time on it smilesmilesmilesmilesmile

Phat J
is the fighting turn based or is it in real time?

i still wanna find morrowind, someone told me they tried lookin for it and couldnt find it in kingston. i havent looked for myself but that blows ass.

Phat J
is this seriously all of the good xbox games out there?

Phoenix Aska
i bought an xbox the other day, and it'd be sick of someone could recommend me some good games to go and get.

the ones the guy had that sold it to me are:

jade empire
star wars old republic 2
xmen legends
espn hockey 2k5
fable

i was disapointed with fable, but i havent really gotten into it yet. jade empire's probably the best single player i have, its the only one other than hockey that ive actually played enough to be able to have an opinion on.

If you want "classic" xbox games you should check out

morrowind the elder scrolls
halo
PGR
DOA 3
KOTOR
Rainbow 6 3
Crimson Skies
Panzer Dragoon Orta

those are the older games that would be good...

newer games would be

Halo 2
Advent Rising
Mercenaries
DOA Ultimate
Star Wars BF2
Call of Duty 2
X men Legends 2

Phat J
when i say classic, i mean games that would be worth buying. im still lookin for morrowind, im gonna try and get the GOTY version.

how does xmen legends 2 compare to the original? i have the first one and i played it like once and got bored.

which star wars are you talking about, i dont know what BF2 is.

whats better, soul calibur 2 or doa ultimate? ive bever played the doa series and ive been a fan of the soul calibur and soul edge series for a long time.

thanks for the suggestions man, really appreciate it.

Jedi Shmedi
He means Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (which is also amazing), and the Soul Caliber series and DOA series shouldn't be compared. Soul Caliber is weapons-based fighting while DoA is all martial arts and fist-fighting, the newest ones are both great games (Soul Caliber 3 and DoA Ultimate) but I guess it all comes down to what you prefer, steel or fists smile

Phat J
i dont do the online thing either, if that has any sway in your opinions.

Phat J
is soul calibur 3 for the normal xbox?

Hit_and_Miss
if you want morrowind your better off getting it for the pc... there is too expansion packs for it that greatly improve the game... plus alot of people have produced some good mods for the game...

(I own both the PC and xbox version...)

Its good on both... but PC takes it!

Phat J
i dont like playing games on my computer, im a console man.

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by JKozzy
Uh.. yeah you've got the majority there.

lol.

But yeah, the Xbox's Game Library sucks IN MY OPINION.

You shouldn't have got it just for one game, because it's gonna be hard to find other good quality games.
Now you're stuck with a system that you can't find any good games for and still don't have the one game that made you buy the xbox in the first place.

is it comprehensible.....

Phat J
since i started this thread ive found 10 or 15 games that ive read reviews for and going to buy, so im not worried. morrowinds a good enough game to get an xbox imo anyways, i went crazy over that.

Phat J
whats KOTOR?

Hit_and_Miss
There no one that doesn't like Kights of the old republic... Has one of the best storylines ever.... Its a starwars RPG... And a good one...

I really liked Morrowind on the xbox... theres only 1 catch... The enemy difficulty... they start off being too powerful for you... but after about 10 lvls your Far tooo powerful for them... the enemy really needed a few more skill lvls...
I would still recomend getting it for the pc though... the mods and expantions are really good!!! it tripples the game time and alot of people made good quests and upgrades for the game!!! including a full sized Helmsdeep..(from LOTR)

Phat J
oh well i have KOTOR 2, i like it but its pissing me off. im trying to be a good jedi and nobody in my party is agreeing with me. kreia doesnt like me doing work for the ithorians but the only other choice is being a dark jedi, which is bullshit cuz shes supposed to be good.

is the first one better than the sequel?

do the enemies in the cpu version of morrowind not ahve the same problems the console version has?

Hit_and_Miss
thats just it... I got a mod to toughten them up... and the expansion packs provided some interesting challenges... Including building your own house!!!

KOTOR 1 is less hassle in that respect... The party will follow you alot easier.. If no one sided with you in KOTOR2 you did it wrong..(sorry...) But you need to pick the options you want them to hear.. then they will agree with you and you can turn them to your side.. Be it good or bad...
Personaly I found KOTOR better for game play and for the evolution of the game.. but they fould up some parts and it really needed fixing.... Hopefuly KOTOR3 will improve the areas that KOTOR2 started...
But KOTOR had the better storyline... Ah... I will never forget the day I got BigZ to kill that girl... Soo devilishly evil....

SaTsuJiN
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/index.html

scroll down to 'most popular' xbox window and click the 'highest rated' tab.. they list all the games that won gold hehe some of them should be worth checking out

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/landofthedeadroadtofiddlersgreen/review.html <- rofl! 1.9

Phat J
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/index.html

scroll down to 'most popular' xbox window and click the 'highest rated' tab.. they list all the games that won gold hehe some of them should be worth checking out

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/landofthedeadroadtofiddlersgreen/review.html <- rofl! 1.9

easier to ask people who know

Phat J
so which is better KOTOR 1 or 2?

and is it more fun to be a dark jedi or light, cuz im havin trouble havin fun being good,

SaTsuJiN
well.. being 'evil' involves more drastic decisions..
example

situation for good guy : retrieve the item by talking to other people

situation for bad buy : kill the hoe and take the item
---------

as for people "who know".. its hard to say whether you share the opinons of a game being good, exactly the same as another would

Phat J
going by that logic, it'd be just the same to go look at a site and read their top ten list or read reviews so...

id rather just ask someone than look at a top 10 list, but thats jsut me. i read the reviews of all the games recomended here anyways after they were suggested.

Hit_and_Miss
being evil in KOTOR is easier and alot more fun... the responces you can come out with are hysterical...
Some of my favourates included...

Mugging old people...
Forcing a wookie to kill its best friend...
stealing from a widow, knowing that the money you just took was so that she could feed her starving kids....

Its a lot less hassle being evil.. but you miss out on some xp and items... You also cut the game time down a bit...

I loved both KOTOR.... Its hard to choose which is better...
I would also recomend you look into jade empire.. Made by the same people and uses the same game engine.. Its KOTOR meats china in the old days... Lots of fist in face fights and again theres the whole Way of the "open plam/closed fist" nice story line to it aswell....

Phat j What would you say is your fav game type and name some of your fav games...

Scarecrow756
Here are few classic Xbox games.
Ninja Gaiden
Driver 3
Star Wars Battlefront II
Soul Caliber II
Tom Clancy`s Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
Halo and Halo 2
Project Gothem Racing
Project Gothem Racing 2

DarkC
KOTOR
Ninja Gaiden
the Halo series

Red Superfly
Gotham Racing and KOTOR.

Even though I have Halo 1 & 2, I wouldn't consider them classics. Too boring and overblown.

Phat J
i actually own jade empire, it was one of the games the guy taht sold his xbox to me already had. that was the first one i got into, i liked it but my friend came over and i stopped paying attention to the story and just killed a bunch of people. it auto-saved and i havent played it since.

thats a hard question, cuz ive had tons of favourite games. i still think the best rpg off all time is star ocean: the second story for the ps1, that game is awesome. nothing ever really compared to it imo. max payne is ****ing awesome, ive beaten that game like 15 times, same with the sequel. the story was better in the first one, but 2 has better gameplay. ico is classic, that games sick. i heard there was a sequel to it, is that true?

powerfulone1987
It was rumored to have a sequel called "Nico". "Ni" meaning 2. But it wasn't a sequel it was a seperate game and it's called "Shadow of the Colossus". It's design is very similar and it has other similarities. It's a very good game.

You have to go around this vass land searching for these giant colossi and kill them, 12 in all, to try and revive your lady friend, most likey your lover.

I've defeated 8 thus far. It's like no other game really. Amazing battles.

But again, it was rumored to be a sequel, but it's not, but it is made by the same people who made Ico.

Phat J
is it for the ps2 or xbox?

powerfulone1987
I know it's for the PS2, b/c that's what i got it for, not sure about the Xbox.

SaTsuJiN
going by that logic, it'd be just the same to go look at a site and read their top ten list or read reviews so...

aiight.. then I recommend Street Fighter Anniversary collection for xbox.. it should be like 20 US dollars.. has both street fighter 3 : 3rd strike, all the SF2's thrown into one game.. and has the street fighter animated movie on it (yeah the whole thing).

however if you dislike fighting games.. thats another thing altogether embarrasment

powerfulone1987
Dead or Alive is good.

If i ever converted over to Xbox, that would be the game do it, even thought it's not and i'm never converting, but i wish this game was mulitconsole because i really want to play it. Also the one coming out for Xbox360

Phat J
ill write my list of games that im getting tomorrow, and im a huge fan of fighting games. tekken was my favourite, probably b/c ive been playing them since the first one came out. first game i got for my ps2 was tekken 1, they've come a long way since then.

Hit_and_Miss
i use to be a tekken fan... then i played soul calibur and DOA.. and realised how slow and crappy tekken really is.... theres nothing like layin the smack down to some guy on xbox live....

powerfulone1987
my first playstation 1 game was tekken 3, i wanted it ever since i had played it in the "arcade of the future" in New York.

I hadn't even gotten the playstation 1 yet. I got the system and the game at the same time.

Phat J
same here, first game i had for it. that and road rash, still my favourite motorcycle game.

forgetting something there 1987? did you change your avatar, or wait maybe your sig...i cant quite put my finger on it stick out tongue

Jedi Shmedi
The Game of the Year Edition of Elder Scrolls II: morrowind includes both of the said pc expansion packs smile

Phat J
cool, now all i gotta do is find it. im probably gonna end up ordering it over the net.

i got a new tv for christmas and no games that i wanna play to put it to good use. ill settle for a movie i guess, maybe some fable cuz it looked like such shit on my other tv.

did you ever beat morrowind shmedi?

powerfulone1987
same here, first game i had for it. that and road rash, still my favourite motorcycle game.

forgetting something there 1987? did you change your avatar, or wait maybe your sig...i cant quite put my finger on it stick out tongue

I was like what are you talking about, but then it came to me. Let me explain.

I made a thread in the off topic forum explaining how my christmas present to all is to not use "is it comprehensible....."

until 2006 that is.

And earlier, you said Tekken 1 was your first and now you say Tekken 3 like me. Which one is it?

Phat J
laughing out loud it was sort of annoying, but hey if you like it go for it.

it was tekken 1 for me, classic game. tekken 3 was my favourite though, i definitely played it the most out of the 4 of them. i have tekken 4 for the ps2 but i never got into it as much as i did with 3, that was a great game.

did you ever end up buying the 360? or did you decide to wait for the ps3? thats what my friends doing, im probably gonna wait till he gets it then see what i think. if im blown away, ill splurge and buy it, if not i have the old xbox that i havent got into yet. theres like 15 games that ive checked out that seem worth buying, this thread was a good idea.

powerfulone1987
I was going to get the xbox360 and the playstation 3 so i wasn't waiting, i just decided that i was just giving into the hype of a system that i don't even like and was just getting because it's a so called next gen system. But in my opinion it's the same old stuff with a small increase in graphic quality but nothing next gen. And plus I don't like Xbox's library anyway. So I decided not to get one. I was getting the Playstation 3 anyway thought, b/c I like playstations's library and i want to continue playing their games on the new system when it comes out too, esp. when they come out with another final fantasy on the system.

And for some reason, my money was buring my pocket and i just had to buy a game and i read an old tekken 5 thread and gave into it and bought it even thought i knew i wouldn't really get into, esp. with no one to play with, so i played that for a while and enjoyed some of the ending movies that i unlocked, but other than that , i didn't really play it much and haven't played it since and don't plan to anymore.

Phat J
its more of a tradition for me, ive always been playing them so id just buy it because. been playin the tekkens since i played videogames, but i know what you mean by not having anyone to play with, i havent chilled with anyone that likes videogames for years, it sort of sucks, spend a lot more time out of the house though.

i like xbox's library, but ive never really worked out all the ps2 games that i liked. i guess they do have more than a few classic series. the only ff i played for the ps2 was 10 and it was retarded, all the characters were stupid, the voices ruined it for me i guess. i played the ones for the normal playstation, they were great. a friend of mine got the other ones and said they sucked too, i sort of grew out of rpgs.

these are all the games that im gonna get for the xbox, eventually:

advent rising
call of duty 2
crimson skies
mercenaries
jedi knight 2, maybe 1 too if i like the sequel
soul calibur 2
halo 2
brothers in arms (maybe)
winning eleven 8
farcry: instincts
morrowind: GOTY edition
matrix: path of neo
prince of persia: 2 thrones
ninja gaiden black
burnout 3
fight night round 2
ssx: on tour
panzer dragoon orta (maybe)
unreal tournament 2: liandri conflict (maybe)

Hit_and_Miss
I would realy recomend burnout revenge over burnout 3....

its a better game thanks to the new takedown system...

Phat J
whats better? burnout 3 got a higher score on gamespot so i was gonna go with that one. thanks for reminding me man, that was supposed to be on that list.

Hit_and_Miss
burnout 3 good a higher score as it was much better then burnout 2... But revenge is only slightly better with not much changing... But the crash system on revenge is more fun... As your not constantly crashing due to minor scrapes with traffic... instead you cannon traffic out of the way... Much more sense...

Phat J
so i should go with revenge then?

Family_guy725
just a quick question why are you gettin KOTOR 2 before you get the first you kinda need to have played the 1st to understand a bit of the plotline. But whatever. and halo 2 is fun and all but its to easy and the kinda hard parts are annoying and boring(the flood). mercenaries was good though one of my favs a good SW game its kinda short but fun is republic commando also another good one in my opinion is destroy all humans

Phat J
KOTOR 2 game with the system, the guy that i bought it from threw it in free of charge. i dont really like it, worrying about 20 things at once, trying to get everyone in your party to agree with what your doing when ultimately its that much fun anyways.

i always thought the halos were way too overated, ive played tons of better fps'. i dont know if im gonna get it, maybe if i run into someone whos looking to get rid of it or if the store's selling it cheap. the fps i really want is farcry: instincts, taht looks sick.

ive been playing jade empire 2 again lately, thats a great game. its a good mix of action with a great plot. i got a chuckle out of john cleese being one of the voice actors too, that was good. i need a game thats good ol straight killing though, gotta get off my lazy ass and buy one.

Family_guy725
well in kotor who cares if your teammates agree with you or not in the first one people disagree towards the end you just sick big Z on 'em and their dead. X-men legends 2 was fun until hard mode where its so ridiculous it is no longer fun lol it has fewer videos in legends 2 but the videos are very high quality. Ultimate spiderman is pretty fun short but sweet as venom at least go around devouring little kids but no hijacking cars like in GTA so ya know whatever. Fable is cool kinda reminds me of a medieval version of GTA if you go bad at least you get your bow and sword once you leave the hero academy thing and then go off completing missions you can learn new moves such as shooting birds scaring children killing innocent people beating up little annoying kids who make fun of you (not sure if they always call you ugly but if you go bad you grow horns and crap) they have ways to win money in fights you can break into peoples homes which will automatically send coppers for ya but its cool get strong enough you can rip apart law enforcements its fun

powerfulone1987
i was wondering why you'd get Burnout 3 also when they just came out with Burnout Revenge in September.

I just bought Burnout Revenge yesterday. My first "real" racing/car game.
I haven't played it yet, trying to complete another first, but anyway.
I'm also wondering why you'd want Soul Calibur 2 when they just came out with 3.

And Final Fantasy X was my first Final Fantasy Game and I really liked it.

Hit_and_Miss
if 10 is your first FF game you haven't played the best...

Step up to flavour...... Go play FF 6/7/8

soul calibur 3 isn't on the xbox...

powerfulone1987
oh okay about the whole soul calibur thing.
I forgot they just put 3 on ps2 this time.

And I just ordered ff7 and got it in the mail a bunch of weeks ago, but it's hard to get into and i got stuck and haven't been playing in since, so who knows if i'll finish that get to see what the big whoop about that game is.

thegmeister53
KOTOR 2 game with the system, the guy that i bought it from threw it in free of charge. i dont really like it, worrying about 20 things at once, trying to get everyone in your party to agree with what your doing when ultimately its that much fun anyways.

The trick is to figure out their personalities and make sure that you don't upset them, like Kreia is into manipulation.

I also recommend buying Ninja Gaiden Black, tough as hell, but fun. You could also find Morrowind GOTY for the Xbox at around $20 now.

powerfulone1987
someone doesn't know how to qoute people and therefore making confusing post.......

thegmeister53
Sorry, I just started figuring out how to quote.

Phat J
its all good, no harm done. both those are on my list, ninja gaiden looks sick.

that blows that i cant get the new soul calibur for the xbox, should i get the 3rd one for the ps2 or should i go with the older one. i wanna beef up my xbox collection plus i dont play my ps2 at all anymore, i dont know waht im gonna do. read some reviews, see what you guys think.

i was gonna get the older burnout because it got a better review on gamespot, but hit and miss convinced me to go with the newer one.

im probably not gonna play KOTOR anymore, not really into it. jade empire's like exactly the same game but more fun so im just gonna play more a that. i was just watching the 3rd star wars and i got bored of it and had to come up to the computer, how shitty is that. i played the game and sort of know the whole story though, which also sucks. outcast better be better than that, it looks sweet.

thegmeister53
Yeah, I just got ninja gaiden black for Christmas. I was looking it up and found out that less than 1% of the country will be able to beat it on the hardest difficulty level.That's gonna be my New Year's Resolution.

I haven't played Outcast, but its spinoff, Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy is nowhere near as good as KOTOR. It's basically hack and slash. What really sucks is that unlike KOTOR, if you don't use two lightsabers or a double bladed, then you have almost no chance of beating the game.

Phat J
naw man outcast is hack and slash too, but thats what i didnt like about KOTOR 2. there was too much shit to think about at once for me to enjoy playing it. im not worried though, outcast got great reviews from gamespot, and they seem to know what they're doing.

you can cut limbs off and completely control your lightsaber, which is gonna be sick. i need to go shopping, all this talk about games is makin wanna play them too much.

thegmeister53
There were a couple of cool scenes though. What I really loved about the games is when you pull off a really cool move like doing a back flip, while cutting somebody's arm off, everything would go into slow motion.

That's strange everything you don't like about KOTOR, I thought was awesome. I loved how you were able to micromanage everything. I've beaten the first one about 15 times and the second one about 4.

And on one last side note, Jade Empire was also awesome. There is just something about the Asian culture that just makes the game so appealing. They also did a terriffic job of balancing all the elements of the game.

Phat J
if i really liked the story i would have been able to get used to it, but it just didnt make me want to play it at all. im one of those auto level up guys when it comes to that huge selection of shit to pick through in that game, its too much.

jade empire's great, im playin that right now. they definitely did a great job balancing all the elements, it really comes together perfectly.

thegmeister53
I thought that KOTOR's story was kick ass, even if Jade Empire's was a little better. What really made it stand out, in my opinion, was how it was a perfect simulation of Asian culture. It had all the fight elemnts, such as being surrounded by multiple men and kicking their asses, the funny drunks that turn out to be useful in someway, and best of all the music that I could just sit and listen to.

And again they never made your character overly powerful. All the elements worked well together, when I would go into focus mode it would begin to drain rapidly and when I used a transformation style, my chi disapeared in what felt like no time flat.

Phat J
keep in mind, im talking about KOTOR 2. i havent even played the first one and probably wont any time soon. jade empire's great, im gonna keep that and sell the other rpg's. fable blows and i know you dont agree with me but so does KOTOR 2, we just arent a good combination.

im gonna go buy jedi outcast and path of neo, or if i see any other ones that are on my lsit ill get them as well.

powerfulone1987
Jade Empire and Fable were two of the few games that came out exclusively for Xbox that made me wish I had one.

Hit_and_Miss
I own both ninja G and Fable.. and would recomend not getting either...
thats right.... Yah heard me!!!

Instead!!!!...

Get Ninja G black and Fable the lost chapters.. New and improved versons of the same game.. I'm thinking about getting both...

thegmeister53
keep in mind, im talking about KOTOR 2. i havent even played the first one and probably wont any time soon. jade empire's great, im gonna keep that and sell the other rpg's. fable blows and i know you dont agree with me but so does KOTOR 2, we just arent a good combination.

im gonna go buy jedi outcast and path of neo, or if i see any other ones that are on my lsit ill get them as well.

I have no problem with you disliking KOTOR 2, however the first one is, for the most part, much better than the second. Also, if the reason you dislike KOTOR is for the deep gameplay, then I doubt you will like Morrowind, unless you are ready to spend many hours attempting to create an even half way decent character. It took me about 10 tries before I selected one. I also agree that Fable blows.

Phat J
i didnt play fable for that long but i was really disapointed with it, maybe it was because i was being good. is it better if your bad in that game?

ive played morrowind, it was great. i know im gonna be playin the shit outta that, they're different games, you have the choice to do the main quests and progress the story or you can just run around doin your own thing in morrowind if you want and its just as fun.

things just werent going my way and i was hoping it would get better in KOTOR 2 but it just got worse and worse, the story didnt do it for me. the gameplay wasnt what i expected either, a star wars game for me would be choppin people up with my lightsaber and they had it all automated, not deciding if im a good or bad jedi. its a lot more fun and easier to do that in jade empire anyways.

oh and im definitely getting ninja gaiden black, they have the original for the old school nintendo in that shit.

thegmeister53
Same thing happened with me in fable, so I wouldn't know the answer to that question. Where are you in Jade Empire right now? I just started a new file and have reached Tien's Landing. What also made Morrowind so fun was the fact that you could entirely ruin the main quest of the game by killing your quest givers. This was basically the ultimate freedom that most RPGs lacked. The original KOTOR had a better story than 2. It fell apart in the end due to time constraints. But if the reason you hate the second so much is the combat system than I would recommend staying away from the first one.

Hit_and_Miss
I found morrowind really good... But I didn't like the enemies.. I found that once I had spent a day playing there was nothing that could match me... Everything died from one hit of my dederic da-katana(sm)... But I did like the fact you could start off as a fighter then buy yourway into being a mage!

I would really recomend creating your own char class when playing that game and picing your major skills as running swords armor(any) bows.. as they are the easiest to lvl up in.. so you can quickly advance in the ranks!

The exp pack that gives you the isle is fun!

The quests were just about to get really good when the quest broke(wouldn't let me advance) and I couldn't progress anymore in the game! I was going to load up a save from way...way...way... back to try again but I gave up... since then my laptop has been wiped and I've lost my save... I would of given you interesting hints.. I would some really insane items... Funnest part of the game was my house... It contaned toooo many godly items that the game took ages to load when I got there...

Oh that and you can find indian jones's skelly someone where... hes in a tomb trapped under some rocks. hes got a hat on and his wip. and a note that takes the mic! it was a bit of comical genious when I came across it! almost as good as john cleeses "Pantaloons" in Jade! "What a bunch of savages"! but dam his gun was good!

Spartan005
You should check out Conker: Live and Reloaded. It's definetely one of the funniest games on the Xbox. laughing
Also Tony Hawk's American Wastleand is insane, I just got it last week. smile
And if you're into shooters than I'd go with Rainbow Six 3 (or any of the newer ones) Star Wars Battlefront 1 & 2, and maybe some of the GTA games (but I wouldn't go with 3 b/c it's not as open ended as VC or SA)

And btw did you ever play the Halo games? Because IMO there the best games to get for the Xbox. smile

powerfulone1987
What exactly is Marrowind and when did it come out and is it exclusive?

Phat J
im at the part where your defending dirge from the imperial army, i have a feeling that im really close to beating it. i thought it was done when i beat the emporer, that totally took me by surprise when sun li did the 5 point touch on me, that was good. the combat system wasnt the main thing, it wasnt even that bad i just thought id throw it in there cuz i was shitting on the game in general. laughing out loud

man i want morrowind, it sounds like it'd be a lot better for the computer but w/e it'll still be good. im goin out to get a game tomorrow but future shop's probably only gonna have new releases so ill just get path of neo or somethin. ill bring my list so i make sure i get a good one lol.

i played a demo of that conker game somewhere, it was sick. the one for the 64 was pretty funny, ima throw that on the list too. not too much re-playability, the jokes are only really funny once.

morrowinds the reason i bought an xbox in the first place 1987, you should look into it. its definitely a great game, worth checkin out if you dont mind wasting a good hundred hours of your life.

powerfulone1987
what is it all about though.

and are you throwing conker 64 on your list or the latest one on your list.

Phat J
i havent played it in like 2 years or id explain it myself. its for the xbox as well.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/elderscrolls3morrowind/index.html

ill probably rent the one for the xbox but yeah tahts what i meant, i wanna find that demo and play it again, it was good. if i came across the old one id probably buy it too, even though it wouldnt get played for who knows how long, until i dust off the old systems when i get really bored.

Phoenix Aska
Originally posted by thegmeister53
Yeah, I just got ninja gaiden black for Christmas. I was looking it up and found out that less than 1% of the country will be able to beat it on the hardest difficulty level.That's gonna be my New Year's Resolution.

I haven't played Outcast, but its spinoff, Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy is nowhere near as good as KOTOR. It's basically hack and slash. What really sucks is that unlike KOTOR, if you don't use two lightsabers or a double bladed, then you have almost no chance of beating the game.

lol..thats probably because nobody wants to spend that much time being frusterated beating it on the hardest difficulty.

Red Superfly
Actually, in both Jedi Knight (JO and JA) and KOTOR I always used the old school single-blue saber and I would always win.

It's not hard at all.

thegmeister53
Originally posted by Phoenix Aska
lol..thats probably because nobody wants to spend that much time being frusterated beating it on the hardest difficulty.

I'm very persistent. lol

And, Superfly, it's not hard to beat KOTOR with a single lightsaber. The pros and cons are fitted much better because you can use a single lightsaber and still stand a chance, as I did when I made a jedi consular. In Jedi Academy it also depends on what style you use. Anyone using a single lightsaber with the strong style has no chance compared to someone using a double-bladed or dual wielding, it's just not fast enough.

Phat J
i finally got some games today, the most expensive one was the worst.

it was like 200 bucks, way more than i expected, mostly cuz of matrix. i got call of duty 2, ninja gaiden black, fight night 2004 and matrix: path of neo. im hopin path of neo gets a lot better and less shitty looking, they really didnt polish it at all, plus the gameplay is all shitty looking and awkward. i can see myself playing a lot of ninja gaiden, that games sick. call of duty is ok, theres no 2 played though i wouldnt have bought it if i knew that beforehand. i havent played fight night yet but i know its gonna be good.

powerfulone1987
do you have someone else that plays games with you since you wouldn't have gotten it if you knew it had no 2 player mode?
Is that a picture of you in your Sig.?

And I don't understand how it can be 200 dollars mostly b/c of matrix?

Spartan005
I played the demo of Call of Duty 2 on the Xbox 360 at Gamestop... and omg it was insane smile

Phat J
i wanted a first person shooter so i could cap my friends when they came over, but its only 1 player so that blows. its not even that great, im not gettin that into it.

thats a pic of vakill, dope emcee.

it would have been like 135 if i didnt get the matrix, it was 60 bucks. there was a thread in here that said it was good and i like the idea of the matrix and being neo. it wasnt worth the money, the gameplay's all awkward and unpolished, he even looks like a retard when he runs. if they gave it a good review at gamespot im gonna shit, its a bad game. at least enter the matrix had good gameplay.

i really dont see the big deal of the 360, the only change is the graphics and the ps3's gonna top them in 6 months or so. im glad i didnt get one cuz i was gonna.

powerfulone1987
Neo isn't $60.

what you smoking?

Hit_and_Miss
Whats interesting is People use to say, "spec and graphics don't matter ps2 is better then xbox"
now its a complete reverse!
Spec and graphics suddenly matter! and most people couldn't tell me how the PS3 is better then 360 without a website guide, I would challenge most people to explain how much better they think PS3 games could be compaired to xbox360... and how much its going to effect them wether it was pre-rendered or rendered on the fly....

powerfulone1987
nobody knows, it hasn't been released yet. Don't get ahead of yourself.

Hit_and_Miss
lol.... all the facts and figures are out alll ready...

Try again..

powerfulone1987
well there's nothing like actually sitting down and playing on the system for yourself.

Hit_and_Miss
Nope! thats why I'm waiting for the rev! If nintendo can pull it off and have some good games that fully utalise the system, I'll have one!

Other wise I don't think PS3 is going to swing me away from xbox360... I don't really like many of the ps2 games... I might concider it when the prices go down and I can get a good box set...
Same with 360 thou... I wont get one till halo 3 is out.. Hopefuly they will be cheaper and come with a few games!

powerfulone1987
what box set are you talking about?

And you know you can still use your gamecube controllers in the revolution right.

Well I'm definitely getting the PS3 and Revolution.

Hit_and_Miss

powerfulone1987
well you must plan on waiting a very long time, b/c I've never heard of Sony giving away any of the playstations so far with extra controllers and games.

Hit_and_Miss
Have you never seen the package deals shops do??

powerfulone1987
have no idea what you are talking about nor do I understand your sentence entirely.

"do" at the end through me off a bit.

Hit_and_Miss
http://shop.game.net/lowdown.aspx?lid=1613&cat=9

Those are "package" deals.... where you save money buying alot at the same time, over buying them seperate...

Shops DO these deals....

powerfulone1987
It just occurred to me that you could be a male after reading your message in the off topic forums about the girl laughing at the guy.
I just always assumed you were female and associated "Miss" in your username as Miss, like a female Miss and kind of unconsciously blocked out the beginning part "hit and" and plus I remember one of your avatars you use to use was a little chinese or japanese girl also so that probably swayed me even more to thinking you're a female and which gave me the whole association of Miss with a girl.

So are you male or female, your info screen is taking too long to load up.

powerfulone1987
is that bundle thing something they only do online, b/c I've never seen playstations sold with games before. Only gamecubes.
And plus, they have multiple games you can choose to come with it, so it must be done only in a few places, like just online or something.

Hit_and_Miss
nope... Most shops in england do it... Well main game stores...

I don't think I've every had a little china girl avi... I had a space kitty one...

powerfulone1987
If i'm correct it was something in a little red dress with black hair in a style where she had two a ball on each side of her head and she was blushing.

Oh, well it must be an England thing.

Phat J
im smokin weed muthafukca

neo's 60 in canada, maybe it was the store who knows

i think the ps3's graphics are gonna be better, but thats just me. i couldnt care less in the end, for me its about the gameplay. my favourite games never had great graphics. the games are gonna be better because the ps2 had a better library than the xbox, so that'll probably shift to the next gen systems, but again thats just me.

ive seen deals on the xbox and ps2 with packages of games and controllers. im gettin my xbox modded because i just spent 200 dollars on 4 games when i could have had any game i wanted plus all the old school games from any old school system for the same price.

powerfulone1987
i don't fock muthas so I prefer not to be called one.

Phat J
im all about the milfs, nothin wrong with a mature woman shifty

i was just joking, i wasnt trying to be offensive as im sure you werent when you asked me what i was smoking.

powerfulone1987
just checking.

Phat J
i wanna get the new zelda but i dont have a gamecube sad

ocarina of time was the best game and now i cant play the new ones, ive heard mixed opinions on windwaker, someone told me it was too childish and boring and somebody else told it was crazy. maybe ill just try and buy my friends gamecube off him, but would it be worth it?

Hit_and_Miss
I fancy the Rev... I wouldn't mind hacking ganondof with my controller.. Though I would probably go crazy and break it swinging it too much...

thegmeister53
I would get the gamecube for Metroid Prime alone. And all that crap about WindWaker being childish is a lie. It was actually more mature than I expected it to be.

Spartan005
I was gonna get Gamecube like a year ago, mainly for 2 reasons

1. It was (and still is) only $100 w/a free game
2. I desperately wanted to get Star Wars Rogue Squadron

But I never did... I decided to save up for next gen Happy Dance

Phat J
alright, that all sounds appealing but ive decided to get my xbox modded so maybe when i get sick of that ill look up the gamecube.

Hit_and_Miss
I'll probably end up getting mine modded too... Then I might stick it in my car... Buy some monitors.. Get pimped baby.....

Only after I have a next gen console thou..

Phat J
the mod is such a good deal, i flipped out when i found out all i ahd to do was click copy to add a game to my hardrive. i dropped 200 bucks the other day on 4 games when i could have had any games i wanted for the same price.

Hit_and_Miss
I don't do it cause I wana play xbox live...

Phat J
i really couldnt care less about xbox live, i guess it'd be sweet to have cuz call of duty would be sick on multiplayer, but theres enough stuff to keep me occupied with the single player on most games. id rather play with someone sitting beside me anyways, thats more fun.

Hit_and_Miss
Most of my fiends don't keep up with my skillz... So I enjoy the challenge of live... And and serv'n some yank after he notices my "brittishes" acent...

Phat J
i have the same problem, i just dumb it down for them.

as long as you arent "owning" them, after playing counter-strike for half a year i cannot stand that word. i need some help with ninja gaiden, i think i'll start a thread up.

Hit_and_Miss
what you stuck on??? I haven't played black but I can help with the main story line..

thegmeister53
Ahhh, Ninja Gaiden Black. *reminesces*

Phat J
hold on i made a thread about it, its just mostly extra shit taht i dont wanna miss out on.

in the 2nd chapter when you get the lunar theres a block that when you go up to it says this can be broken with a heavy blunt object, how do you break it?

and in the 5th chapter where the girl that shoots the hints at you says she placed a weapon somewhere only a true ninja could find it, well wheres that weapon at? i cant find it anywhere.

at any point do you get the thing where you shoot the wall and it pulls you up to that point?

Hit_and_Miss
ok I can answer both of those
the first you will come back later and break it with weapon you recieve...

the second is a wall run challenge... I believe it is Outside of the club???
There should be a small street that leads to nowhere... That is the wall run challenge..

Look at the walls You should see board with Blue strips representing the area you have to run on... You need to start opposite the street and run at the wall on the left...

Hope that helps...

Phat J
alright thanks man thumb up

Hit_and_Miss
yer get use to looking up in every room ya go! theres loads of those wall running challenges scattered about... Most of the time they don't bother telling you that its "on"

Phat J
there is an alleyway with blue in it adjacent to the club, but all thats in there is a gold scarab on the ground. ive tried wall running up and along every single wall in there without getting anywhere.

any other ideas?

Hit_and_Miss
thats the one!!!!

The wall run starts at the beining of the ally way! here I'll draw a birds eye view...

Phat J
yeah i figured it out, you have to jump from wall to wall.

this game is sick.

Phat J
holy shit, that diagram made it a lot easier to understand.

i looked at the guide and it ruined it for me, cuz now i know how much stuff im missing all the time. ive missed 2 life of the gods things and probably a bunch of other shit. thats why i hate guides, i lose the feeling that ive made an accomplishment when i know ive missed a bunch of stuff.

Hit_and_Miss
yer... you have to get like 50 gold scarabs... I got 46... I know 1 I missed.. but the others... ????

1 hint...
whenever you enter an area where enemies keep respawning, Keep killing them. You will get something for killing them all.. Usally multipules of 50, So don't leave an area till everything is dead..

Phat J
seriously? theres an area where black ninjas keep respawning, i should kill them all?

Hit_and_Miss
yes... You might get something... I found it happened a couple of times.. I cleared an area and got a devil orb..

Phat J
well these ninja mother****ers are really hard, i dont wanna kill 50 of them and find out i didnt have to if you kn0w waht i mean.

a devil orb is where you get another slot for your magic right?

Hit_and_Miss
yes...

and if you think the black ninjas are hard your going to find the enemies latter really hard to deal with... You should learn the moves! I found the countering move to be a real Plus... along with the dive attack.. Where you run at an enemy jump and press y... You should dive through them... But I think you need to upgrade your sword...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>