Children of the Corn Petition

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

deathbycorn
As a true fan of the Children of the Corn series I decided to start a petition to send to Dimension films regarding the making of Children of the Corn part 8. Back in 2003 the project was said to be going ahead but after 2 years of silence nothing has happened with it. I emailed the director of Darkness Falls, Joe Harris, who was supposedly directing the 8th installment and he said that Dimension haven't gave him the word and the project is out of his hands now... boo!

Even if you don't like the series please sign it because Joe hopes to make a sequel that explains these movies a bit more and thats what us fans need! A decent attempt at a sequel... even though Darkness Falls did nothing for me!

please sign it here http://www.petitiononline.com/COTC8/petition.html

I Love Snape
I can't wait to see if they finally make the movie

p_s_luvit1989
I love those movies! They better make one. It'd be the shit with all the new technology we have to make blood look real and killing more elaberate.

Happy Holidays yalls

Nevermind
Lol, out of corniness (no pun intended) I bought 1-3 on DVD in a boxset for $13.99. I thought you'd like to know that since you live in Australia and might wanna get it. Can't wait to watch it. Got it in JB HI-FI.

deathbycorn
I have the special edition hologram boxset from Anchor Bay UK, it's better than the Australian boxset, it's got a 40min documentary called 'Harvesting Horror' about the first film and it's got commentaries for the first and second film. And you get a cool keep case with a hologram cover with the scythe that moves up and down!

deathbycorn
http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/protectedimage.php?image=D.J.Nock/childrenbox.gif

Nevermind
Haha that's mad. I blind bought the boxset. So I don't know what to expect. I don't think they'll be that good, but they look hella funny to watch. For $13 I thought it was worth it.

allofyousuckkk
i think the children of the corn started to go downhill around "isaacs return"........i almost cried when i realized i wasted 2 hours of my life on the trash

LizzyT123
hmm, I wouldn't mind seeing another Children of the Corn movie. You can see the DARK SIDE OF NEBRASKA, my home sweet home big grin

Evil Dead
The only petition for this film series I will ever sign is one that requests the immediate cease and dissist of all production and distribution of any of the original film's sequels on any format.

MildPossession
Evil Dead said it all. No need at all for another Corn movie imo.

deathbycorn
Yes, IYO.

Just like there was no need for Land of the Dead and every other, of the Dead, movie that has come out.

nancy_englund
no offence, but "children of the corn is kinda cheesy liek the "lepqorchaun" serise.
no offence, hey! i own a permotional giant blow up corn from the third installment "urban harvest" or somthing.. lol.
i like me collectables.

deathbycorn
I think the synopsis of children killing adults is better than a leprechaun killing people who steal his gold!

Pandemoniac
Strangely I never got to watch any of these movies. I have read the original story by my most respected mr. King, but never thought of it as a tale that could last and remain entertaining stretched over a full length movie, let alone more.
But as I am fully unaware of what the movies brought, please fill me in on the ups and downs. Might be seduced in giving em a go

deathbycorn

deathbycorn

deathbycorn
COTC 1 = 9/10
COTC 2 = 8/10
COTC 3 = 6/10
COTC 4 = 9/10
COTC 5 = 7/10
COTC 6 = 7/10
COTC 7 = 6/10

Check out the fourth film if you come across it, it's pretty cool.

Evil Dead
except that Day of the Dead and Land of the Dead are extremely good films...........not cheesy straight to video releases which do not have little or nothing to do with the premise of Night of the Living Dead.

Evil Dead
^ Didn't mean Land of the Dead, meant Dawn of the Dead.........too late to edit.

deathbycorn
Dawn of the Dead remake was ok, but Land of the Dead sucked, imo.

Back to the topic, Pandemoniac, do you think you will check any of the COTC films out?

Impediment
I love COTC (the first one). It's a very underrated flick, IMO. I even own the DVD. I have watched the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th films. I have yet to watch any of the further sequels because of my disappointment with the previous three. I guess Im not one of those who are faithful to these films, as are fans such as deathbycorn. There's nothing wrong with liking them at all. I love the Evil Dead films and the Living Dead films, even though some would call them dreck and shit. To each his own. You like what you like. Not all horror fans are alike. Learn to live with differentiality. It's what makes us individual. Its a good thing. wink

deathbycorn
Well said, Impediment, well said..

Evil Dead
I like the first CotC movie...........the sequels are just silly. Instead of expanding on the original story via prequel or a carry-over from the first movie............they go a completely different and uninteresting direction.

and the Dawn of the Dead remake wasn't ok...........it wasn't very good at all. It shouldn't have even had the name Dawn of the Dead as it was just a plain ol' generic teen horror/action movie...........no resemblence to the great/original story Romero told.

deathbycorn
The second film followed on from the original...

deathbycorn
Check out the previews for the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th movies from this cool little Children of the Corn trailer page. I think you will find the trailers for the 1st and 2nd from IMDB.

http://video.movies.go.com/thrillertheater/childrenofthecorn/index.html

Undertaker
After the First 4, The Whole series fell into shit, 3&4 were great.

cropsy_is_god
Ive never watched a COTC film the whole way through ive always had the felling at there boring. Can you tell me if there gory or is it just alittle bit of gore.

deathbycorn
Some of the deaths in the movies are very gory.

ie. In part 3 a guy gets his head removed from his shoulders you see his spine!

cropsy_is_god
Cool im gonna get them on the sale.

Myers Kicks Ass
cotc is very underrated i love 1 4 and 5 and 2 has 2 have the funniest deaths ever that wheelchair women was cool but her death near made me cry cus it was so funny
the kids are really creepy although i wish the lead in the 2nd 1 died
and the special effects are funny 2

cropsy_is_god
Issac's return was soo disappointing but the rest were much better than i thought. I don't know about another one because it's just gonna get the sad boring stages FT13 & Halloween sequels have got to.

deathbycorn
Yeah but a remake would be cool... get Aja or Miike to do it!

Myers Kicks Ass
Originally posted by deathbycorn
I have the special edition hologram boxset from Anchor Bay UK, it's better than the Australian boxset, it's got a 40min documentary called 'Harvesting Horror' about the first film and it's got commentaries for the first and second film. And you get a cool keep case with a hologram cover with the scythe that moves up and down!

yeah i got that to, did u see in the trailer for the 1st movie where the girl chases burt and shouts apple pie

RedSkull
I havn't seen CotC or any other Stephen King story/book to movie adaptation b/c IMO no movie can do what King's stories and books do.

Wait after thinking for a second I take that back I have seen The Shining, while Shining was nicely done the book was still way better. big grin

tabby999
i watch about half of the first movie and was nearly asleep, the other people i was watching it with turned it off. they can make another hundred of them if they want, i wont watch them

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.