Luke Cage & Iron Fist vs Batman & Nightwing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Cool fight

armandovalles
Cage and IF take this....u didnt say Batman has prep, so in a normal fight he'd lose to Cage since he wouldnt have had time to prepare something to get past Cage's skin....and IF in my opinion could take Nightwing.

Draco69
Batman can't defeat Luke Cage physically. But Cage is incredibly slow....in other ways as well. Sonics or gas.

IF would be alot tougher because of his chi attacks. But Batman and Nightwing's teamwork is enough to take them down.

wolverine8888
SCAGE AINT SLOW. he aint fast but he sure as hell aint slow.
also iron fist can make his punches so strong that if it hit batman or night wing that would explode.
IRON FIST AND CAGE TAKE THIS.

Draco69
Chi attacks take time. And when they see a glowing fist and marred face full of concentration they'll suspect something.

Luke Cage is considerably slower than Batman and Nightwing. Especially Nightwing who bounces around like jackrabbit.

Sonics render them deaf and disoriented. Gases make them vomit or pass out.

And there's always an electromagnetic pulse which shuts down all brain activity (JLA Classified.) Looked like a credit card.

Piedmon
If you give Batman full, unrestricted access to his weapons locker, then he just pulls out his batwing and strafes LC & IF from the stratosphere with halo missiles and crap.

If you threw the four of them off the street and into a thunderdome arena, the Batman and Nightwing wouldn't stand a chance against Cage alone. With Iron Fist in the mix it becomes a slaughter.

Draco69
I disagree. Gadgets (why does everyone ignore them?) Cage is a good fighter...but he's slow...in alot of ways. Sonics, gas, electromagnetic pulse via that creepy looking credit card.

Iron Fist will be considerably tougher to put down but Batman and Nightwing can take him.

Piedmon
Cage might be comparitively slow, but he and Danny are experienced working as a team. Iron Fist can basically use Cage as a shield while he charges up his chi. Batman and Nightwing dare not get within reach of Cage's arms.

If they try to shoot him with gas, Cage claps his hands together real hard and knocks it away. If they hit him with sonics--screw it, Cage is made of sterner stuff than that. Like he couldn't take a shot from Ulysses Claw?

Not that Batman and Nightwing aren't an effective team, but they are only human. Up against 25 ton lifter Cage and his buddy who blows through concrete walls with his fists. LC & IF aren't jobber villains, either.

Iron Fist kicks Batman or Nightwing into the arms of Cage and and that's the end of the fight for them.

Draco69
Originally posted by Piedmon
Cage might be comparitively slow, but he and Danny are experienced working as a team.

Not nearly as long as Nightwing and Batman. They don't even have to talk or signal to each other anymore. They just do it instinctively.

Iron Fist can basically use Cage as a shield while he charges up his chi. Batman and Nightwing dare not get within reach of Cage's arms.

That would be an effective strategy. Try shielding against an electromagnetic pulse though....

If they try to shoot him with gas, Cage claps his hands together real hard and knocks it away.

The tear gas they carry is greenish in color like the entrance to the Wicked Witch of Oz. However their other gases are invisible and odorless. They copied some nerve gas from Luthor too.

If they hit him with sonics--screw it, Cage is made of sterner stuff than that. Like he couldn't take a shot from Ulysses Claw?

I disagree. Their sonics are made from Cyborg and the technologies of a Mother Box. Some are liberated from the Silver Swan (Batman is SUCH a plagarist). If they can affect the likes of Shark, Sinestro and Solomon Grundy than they'll affect Cage...badly.

Not that Batman and Nightwing aren't an effective team, but they are only human.

God knows how many jailed villains said that to Batman....

Up against 25 ton lifter Cage and his buddy who blows through concrete walls with his fists.

Who will have a very difficult time connecting with Batman and Nightwing when they're performing Tony Hawk stunts in the air. Gases. Sonics. Electromagnetic pulses. Explosives powerful enough to harm The Shaggy Man. Tazers. Etc.

LC & IF aren't jobber villains, either.

No, they aren't. They sure USED to look like that though. Especially Cage. Thank god for his new sense of style.

Iron Fist kicks Batman or Nightwing into the arms of Cage and and that's the end of the fight for them.

Piedmon
Odorless, tastless gas? Sounds like a liability to me....

Batman: "Hit 'em from the front, Dick!"

*Nightwing goes charging in and suddenly stumbles, clutching his mouth and hacking*

NW: There's..... something in the air here... *hack*

BM: No way, Dick, I timed it out. The gas should have dissipated by now.

NW: I'm telling you.... *coughs, drops to a knee* .....there's.... gas....

BM: I'm telling you I timed it, you pansy.

Hmm, no....

Ex11B
looks like,once again,Batgod is invincible

Piedmon
Went onto the Marvel Directory and found this little gem...

Batman and Nightwing are looking screw'der and screw'der...

Draco69
Odorless, tastless gas? Sounds like a liability to me....

Batman: "Hit 'em from the front, Dick!"

*Nightwing goes charging in and suddenly stumbles, clutching his mouth and hacking*

NW: There's..... something in the air here... *hack*

BM: No way, Dick, I timed it out. The gas should have dissipated by now.

NW: I'm telling you.... *coughs, drops to a knee* .....there's.... gas....

BM: I'm telling you I timed it, you pansy.

How dare you copy my style of humorous dialogue! mad

Hmm, no....

The scenario above is extremely unlikely. Moreso do to the fact that they innoculated themselves to be immune to the gas. It would be pretty stupid for that to happen, so they have a failsafe. Like they have a protective covering in their cowl (mask) to protect against the effects of a electromagnetic pulse.

Draco69
Went onto the Marvel Directory and found this little gem...

Batman and Nightwing are looking screw'der and screw'der...

Yes. I've seen it happen. But he has to do it in this ritualistic manner. You know lay them down. Chant alot. Tantric sex. Light some candles.

Anyway, it takes time....and it's extremely draining for Iron Fist to do so leaving him vulnerable to attacks.

Piedmon
Iron Fist can use his chi to heal from whatever poison they try to put in the air, and can project said ability to his partner Cage....

Draco69
Iron Fist can use his chi to heal from whatever poison they try to put in the air, and can project said ability to his partner Cage....

Yes. I've seen it happen. But he has to do it in this ritualistic manner. You know lay them down. Chant alot. Tantric sex. Light some candles.

Anyway, it takes time....and it's extremely draining for Iron Fist to do so leaving him vulnerable to attacks.

Piedmon
God, the K'un L'un school of martial arts sucks the Kame Sen'nin school's cock.... still though, all Iron Fist needs is a minute screened behind his big, invulnerable buddy, and then he's a peak human (Marvel byspeak for low-level superhuman) one-man army.

All he has to do is just knock Batman or Nightwing into grabbing distance of Luke Cage. Cage isn't some unschooled thug, he knows how to fight well enough to at least grab Batman by his cape. Once Big C has either of them in his arms, he squeezes them until they pass out (this takes all of .5 seconds.)

Cage is tough enough to whether a taser shock too, for sure.

Draco69
God, the K'un L'un school of martial arts sucks the Kame Sen'nin school's cock.... still though, all Iron Fist needs is a minute screened behind his big, invulnerable buddy, and then he's a peak human (Marvel byspeak for low-level superhuman) one-man army.

Oookay...

All he has to do is just knock Batman or Nightwing into grabbing distance of Luke Cage.

Highly unlikely. They'll be jumping around, swinging around, hopping around, etc. Batman wouldn't let either them get ANYWHERE near Cage. Pluse they'd take him out first THAN worry about Iron Fist. So Cage acting as a shield may not be the best idea...

Cage isn't some unschooled thug, he knows how to fight well enough to at least grab Batman by his cape.

Many a villain have tried and failed. And Batman can just simply detach the cape.

And Cage was so stupid, he failed high school...twice.

Once Big C has either of them in his arms, he squeezes them until they pass out (this takes all of .5 seconds.)

Again the likelyhood of Batman or Nightwing getting in Cage's grasp is high unlikely. Nightwing especially who shows Daredevil hell sometimes Spider-Man level agility. And Batman is just a step below him.

Cage is tough enough to whether a taser shock too, for sure.

A taser shock capable of knocking out Solomon Grundy? Nah.

Piedmon
Cage could stomp down more than a few of Solomon Grundy's pissant-weak incarnations.

And again, Cage isn't some villain. This isn't Killer "I'm faster and stronger than you but God forbid I just punch you in the face and split your skull my precious Bat-darling" Croc.

And Iron Fist would be more than a match for them in the air. Nightwing and Batman are good, but neither are PEAK HUMAN. That's not something you can achieve through training. It's potential that has to be unlocked, like with Cap's supersoldier formula or T'Challa's herb.

Iron Fist is stronger, faster, and at LEAST as skilled as Batman. Check out his record. He's defeated the Black Panther, if only by a narrow margin. And he doesn't have to completely defeat either of them by himself. Hell, if he just judo-chucked Nightwing into Cage's chest hard enough, it'd be the same as chucking Dick into a steel wall. A steel wall that will grab your arm and snap it.

Draco69
Cage could stomp down more than a few of Solomon Grundy's pissant-weak incarnations.

I doubt it. Cage would (narrowly) manage to outsmart Grundy though...

nd again, Cage isn't some villain. This isn't Killer "I'm faster and stronger than you but God forbid I just punch you in the face and split your skull my precious Bat-darling" Croc.

Shrike is a good example. League of Assassins. Almost a match for Shiva. Tried numerous times to grab Batman's cape...and failed. Again, all Batman has to do is detach his cape.

And Iron Fist would be more than a match for them in the air. Nightwing and Batman are good, but neither are PEAK HUMAN. That's not something you can achieve through training. It's potential that has to be unlocked, like with Cap's supersoldier formula or T'Challa's herb.

Again. A great many of people would disagree with this statement. Batman and Nightwing ARE peak human. They've trained to be and it's been said numerous times in their history.

Iron Fist cannot reach neither Batman nor Nightwing in the air. Unless he has grappeling hook or something....

Iron Fist is stronger, faster, and at LEAST as skilled as Batman.

Stronger, yes. Faster, yes. But only through chi amplification. Skill is debatable. Batman and Iron Fist have both defeated top-tier characters.

And he doesn't have to completely defeat either of them by himself. Hell, if he just judo-chucked Nightwing into Cage's chest hard enough, it'd be the same as chucking Dick into a steel wall. A steel wall that will grab your arm and snap it.

Again. You're completely ignoring their gadgets. I could end this arguement right now by saying Batman pulls out his niftly gold thingyamjig and fries the brains of Iron Fist and Luke Cage via an electromagnetic pulse. Physically, they can't win. With gadgets? Most certainly, so. First rules of tactic. Disorient. Sonics and blackout gas courtesy of Dr. Midnite. Next. Seperate. Explosives. If Iron Fist somehow survives, he'll likely be seperated by Luke Cage. They can't contact each other because A) They're damn near deaf and B) They're blind. Next is to focus on the most powerful. In this case, Luke Cage. Take him down with nerve gas, EM, or microwaves. Than Iron Fist will fall.

Piedmon
The fight's between Batman, Nightwing, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist. Not their suppliers. I'm just assuming Batman usually carries:

-Batarangs
-Grappling Hook
-Armor-Taser
-Gas pellets
-Gas masks
-Maybe a sonic device

Giving them Mother Boxes or something is silly.

Anyway, Cage would murder the Grundy that was defeated by Green Arrow. In a recent GA issue, not the Brad Meltzer one. I don't think anything in Batman's regular arsenal could bring him down. Screw up his inner ear, disorient him and bring up a long stream of ghettobonic cursing, sure. Taking him out of the fight is beyond their capability....

Iron Fist punched out Wolverine. Now, this was Wolverine before he started to remember his past, and thus he didn't have access then to all the skills he had today. But even then, he could whether a FULL POWER punch from Colossus, and come up saying, "that just made me mad--and baby, the Wolverine LIKES to get mad!" But Iron Fist knocked his lights out.

And it's true. Everything in comics can be related back to Wolverine. EVERYTHING. pirate

Draco69
The fight's between Batman, Nightwing, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist. Not their suppliers. I'm just assuming Batman usually carries:

-Batarangs
-Grappling Hook
-Armor-Taser
-Gas pellets
-Gas masks
-Maybe a sonic device

That's VERY outdated. He carries alot more than that. People think he's DC's Captain America or Daredevil. But in a way he's more like Iron Man. His costume is RIDDLED with gadgets. Thing is, he only seems to use the high-tech ones against metahumans. He also has electro-rangs and freeze-rangs. Um. Oh! He also carries "Jack in the Beanstalk" pellets liberated from Poison Ivy.

Giving them Mother Boxes or something is silly.

I agree. In some ways it is, but if you're one of the richest men on Earth AND you have access to god-like technology...

Screw up his inner ear, disorient him and bring up a long stream of ghettobonic cursing, sure.

The sonics don't merely "screw up your inner ear" they render you deaf with a complete lack of balance. It can also deeply damage your brain if it's tuned up. It can potentially give Cage a stroke.

Taking him out of the fight is beyond their capability....

No it's not. Nerve gas. EM pulse. Stroke inducing sonics. Paralyis darts.

Iron Fist punched out Wolverine. Now, this was Wolverine before he started to remember his past, and thus he didn't have access then to all the skills he had today.

That's nice. Batman once kicked Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel...

But even then, he could whether a FULL POWER punch from Colossus, and come up saying, "that just made me mad--and baby, the Wolverine LIKES to get mad!" But Iron Fist knocked his lights out.

Dear god. You're referring to Contest of Champions? Black Widow defeating Wonder Man and X-Force, Wolverine beating Hercules with BONE claws Contest of Champions? Dear god....

And it's true. Everything in comics can be related back to Wolverine. EVERYTHING. pirate

Bah! Superman's overexposure far outmatches his.

Piedmon
Actually, I'm referring to an old issue of X-Men penned by Chris Claremont himself, from way back in the 70's. (Contest of Champions must have been much later if it had Boneverine.)

Giving Cage a stroke.... nah, I'm pretty sure that'd go against the whole "oath against killing" thing. I'm assuming neither side is bloodlusted at the start of the match. Cage would only squeeze hard enough until they passed out, and likewhise Rand wouldn't use enough chi to kill them.

And if Batman gets all this, then I say Cage should get Wrecker's crowbar. Only fair. >[

Draco69
Actually, I'm referring to an old issue of X-Men penned by Chris Claremont himself, from way back in the 70's. (Contest of Champions must have been much later if it had Boneverine.)

Ah.

Giving Cage a stroke.... nah, I'm pretty sure that'd go against the whole "oath against killing" thing. I'm assuming neither side is bloodlusted at the start of the match. Cage would only squeeze hard enough until they passed out, and likewhise Rand wouldn't use enough chi to kill them.

Strokes aren't always lethal...

And if Batman gets all this, then I say Cage should get Wrecker's crowbar. Only fair. >

Why not? Let's add another infamous stereotype to this already racist character.

Captain America looks all heroic with flag shield and Cage looks like a gangbanger with a friggin crowbar.

Piedmon
You're right. Let's give Cage some thick glasses, a bow tie, hike his pants up to about here, and--

"DID I DEEEW THAAAT?"

Draco69
laughing out loud

Piedmon
Also: Strokes aren't always lethal, but would Batman take the chance? I don't think so.

Draco69
Batman's ****ing nuts right now. One minute's he's all self-righteous, the next he's bashing Black Mask's face in. I wouldn't make assumptions. Crazy bastard.

Piedmon
True enough. But killing is the one line I don't think he'll ever cross--not necessarily because his will is indomitable, but because if he ever tries to cross that line, Batman has built up a circle of people who care about him who won't let him destroy himself.

I can see it now. Iron Fist mule-kicks Nightwing into Cage, Dick almost bouncing off from the sheer hard impact until Cage wraps his big arms around NW and starts to crush him..... Batman flips out as Dick drops to the ground unconscious, pulls his sonic emitter and cranks it up to maximum.

Cage staggers, blood trickling from nostrils and ears, swearing and stumbling to his knees as Batman advances relentlessly.... Batman thinking "why shouldn't I...." when Oracle patches in on the radio and talks him down.

Then Iron Fist cracks him from behind. *Ahem.*

wolverine8888
can't iron fist make his abilities like agility and reflex go to almost spiderman levels.

Piedmon
Yep. He needs time to channel his energy, though.

Ex11B
i wonder how much batgod weighs with all these gadgets that can defeat ANYONE...lord knows he must have a million different items .

Piedmon
He keeps it in his Bat-Extradimensional Hole.

(This is a bump, btw)

The Ion
I agree with Draco. H2H, Dick and Bruce get destroyed. They are pretty crafty though. I'm inclined to say a 5/10 split. embarrasment

Fanboy
Originally posted by armandovalles
Cage and IF take this....u didnt say Batman has prep, so in a normal fight he'd lose to Cage since he wouldnt have had time to prepare something to get past Cage's skin....and IF in my opinion could take Nightwing.

Wait so Batman and Nightwing can beat Amazo by thereselves but can not take on these two?

yugotank
Cage can take out both Batboys solo leaving Iron Fist time to do a Burger King run.... Batman and his "prep time" are so OVERRATED.....Nightwing is a Daredevil wannabe with a supid looking uniform! The Mighty Marvel Men take this on easy!

long pig
IF one shots BM and NW.

Faceman
IronFist would be to fast for either Batman, or Nightwing.

Wally West
How would Iron Fist stand up to a 100,000 volts? Nightwing carries a stun-gun with that charge he could use, his suit is also features a taser charge which he could use if Iron Fist layed a hand on him. They both have EMP, C4, sonic and sleep gas weapons to try against Cage. All standard equipment, its a mismatch on the face of it but if they fully used their weapons they could give Danny and Luke a good fight.

The Fake Macoy
Danny's really good, and would take NW in a fistfight and probably Batman too. In the teamwork department, Luke and Danny are good enough that Bruce and Dick's teamwork advantage isn't as large. However, with gadgets, Bruce and Dick can take down Luke with relative ease, leaving IF stuck with a 2 on 1. I say that Batman and Nightwing will probably take it 7/10. It'll still be close, but as long as Bruce and Dick use gadgets they've got a bigger advantage. The only way Luke and Danny win is if they manage to quickly KO either Bruce or Dick at the start, which isn't as likely.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.