Who can beat Dr. Strange?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

EevilJ
Who can beat Dr. Strange with/out prep? Who can beat/kill/eat/destroy him?

long pig
High end feats only?

long pig
If written correctly AND at his prime. Not very many.

If I had to list, it'd be people who are slightly a step below Odin level.

Draco69
Zatanna could! laughing

Draco had too much chocolate....

Lucid Lui
eat? Is Dr. Strange tasty?

King_Mungi
Well apparently Talisman is at his level and Shaman is near or at his level . So they might be able to.

long pig
Strange has beaten people who can "make anything happen" before. Namely Dreamweaver, who was Zatannax100

The way he did it was by the ol' "null it by calling on a higher source", he can simply call on magic that goes over Zatanna's head. Like Eternity or, at one time, LT.

Zatanna: "Eid!"
Strange: "No."
Zatanna: "ezeerf!"
Stange: "No, sorry."

Strange: My turn......

long pig
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Well apparently Talisman is at his level and Shaman is near or at his level . So they might be able to.
What did they ever do to show this?

I'll take a quote he used when he beat Dormmamu:
"Dr.Strange, Sorcerer Supreme. Master of the Mystic arts...which part of this implies I have an equal?"

Draco69
Oooh! How about Bruce Almighty?

Draco69
Originally posted by long pig
Strange has beaten people who can "make anything happen" before. Namely Dreamweaver, who was Zatannax100

The way he did it was by the ol' "null it by calling on a higher source", he can simply call on magic that goes over Zatanna's head. Like Eternity or, at one time, LT.

Zatanna: "Eid!"
Strange: "No."
Zatanna: "ezeerf!"
Stange: "No, sorry."

Strange: My turn......

Bah! Strange's concentration would be mussed up by Zatanna's fishnets. NOONE CAN RESIST THE FISHNET!!

Warmonger
Uhm doesn't Zattana just cast spells by saying them backwards. In other words here spells are are just spells? Meaning she is just a somewhat powerful sorcerer? So who does that allow here to take down the sorcerer supreme?

long pig
Honey, I think it's damn well clear that Strange is a flamer...stick out tongue

Draco69
Honey, I think it's damn well clear that Strange is a flamer...stick out tongue

What!? He said it was just one time thing.....

I always wondered about the relationship between him and that Asian servant. Something very S&M about that.... eek!

long pig
Yeah, he specifically said he wanted "Wong", but everyone thought he meant a manservant named wong....

King_Mungi
What did they ever do to show this?

I'll take a quote he used when he beat Dormmamu:
"Dr.Strange, Sorcerer Supreme. Master of the Mystic arts...which part of this implies I have an equal?"

Talisman is basically the native american's Jesus. She basically can do anything by asking the spirits . I would say she is close to him in strength, Shaman is strong and Byrne thinks he is stronger than Strange , but he's strong. If I get my comments in the AF thread I will continue posting various feats

Here is Talisman is "placing Shaman's bag overtop of her head she is defining, collecting and absorbing trillions of magical spells and artifacts to find one spell to help cure the mutated humans".

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/Alpha_Flight_v1_090_12.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/Alpha_Flight_v1_090_15.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/Alpha_Flight_v1_090_16.jpg

Swanky-Tuna
Two Dr. Stranges fused together.

kgkg
Thanos

long pig
Talisman is basically the native american's Jesus. She basically can do anything by asking the spirits . I would say she is close to him in strength, Shaman is strong and Byrne thinks he is stronger than Strange , but he's strong. If I get my comments in the AF thread I will continue posting various feats

Here is Talisman is "placing Shaman's bag overtop of her head she is defining, collecting and absorbing trillions of magical spells and artifacts to find one spell to help cure the mutated humans".

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/Alpha_Flight_v1_090_12.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/Alpha_Flight_v1_090_15.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/Alpha_Flight_v1_090_16.jpg
I'm speaking of "power to shake or shape a universe." that is said that all Sorcerer Supremes have.

I understand the spirits are powerful, but Strange trumps them with the Vishanti.

Magic is all about countering with a spell/attack that comes from a being/inner magic, that is above the spell being countered.

If A tries a spell from a source called B, and C counters with a spell from a source above B, C wins.

long pig
Originally posted by kgkg
Thanos
CIS PIS off? Strange K.O's him with the same attack that made Galactus piss his pants.

Thanos killed billions of people, being made to feel all their pain at once won't be fun.

King_Mungi
I'm speaking of "power to shake or shape a universe." that is said that all Sorcerer Supremes have.

I understand the spirits are powerful, but Strange trumps them with the Vishanti.

Magic is all about countering with a spell/attack that comes from a being/inner magic, that is above the spell being countered.

If A tries a spell from a source called B, and C counters with a spell from a source above B, C wins.

She apparently can suck or shunt other magic users, I will have to look through my AF comics. She is pretty damn powerful, but she has become so obsure it's not funny. Also not to sound like a dick, I'm just reposting the quote about Shaman just for the people who didn't know. Between the two Talisman has the best chance of beating him or drawing him.

John Bryne
"SHAMAN - Dr. Michael Twoyoungmen, physician. He's the chief staff doctor on the Sarcee Reserve Hospital, outside of Calgary. Basically, he is a man who has returned to his heritage. He went off and learned the white man's science and tried to live the white man's life. And, much like Doctor Strange, he discovered there were things in this world that you simply cannot deal with from that direction. He went back and learned what his grandfather had always tried to encourage him to learn--the ways of the medicine chief. He became the second most powerful medicine chief ever to come along, the first most powerful being his grandfather, who is now dead, and who still communicates with Shaman in times of great need.
If you want to sum it up . . . he's Doctor Strange--but he does it with potions and herbs and little dolls and stuff, instead of just doing it with the power of his mind, the way Strange does. This possibly gives Shaman a slight advantage, I don't know. If he had the tools at hand, he can make just about anything. I don't know if Strange has that kind of power over the physical world.""

thesilverspider
hey piggy can strange call apon dormammu.........

Warmonger
CIS PIS off? Strange K.O's him with the same attack that made Galactus piss his pants.

Thanos killed billions of people, being made to feel all their pain at once won't be fun.

Yeah but all of the killings that Thanos did with the IG were undone. Not to mention while Thanos is arrogent he doens't suffer fromt he monumental hubris that Galctus would. Not to mention Thanos is intimetly familiar with the good Dr and his abilities...

thesilverspider
im looking at the possible guys who can take strange and im think they got 2 be around skyfather.some guys stand a good chance such as the surfer and sentry.the abstract's and galactus dont stand a chance in hell against strange (the anti-abstract aura activates).................

long pig
Originally posted by thesilverspider
hey piggy can strange call apon dormammu.........
He has and can. He's a master of both black and white magic. White magic is all defense, black is all offense. No CIS on Strange's part allows him to use both.

Originally posted by Warmonger
Yeah but all of the killings that Thanos did with the IG were undone. Not to mention while Thanos is arrogent he doens't suffer fromt he monumental hubris that Galctus would. Not to mention Thanos is intimetly familiar with the good Dr and his abilities...
It doesn't really matter if he undone it or not, if his intent was mass killing, it effects him.

A sin is a sin, even if you attone for it.

Thanos DOES know about Strange, and visa versa.

King_Mungi
I was right, Talisman is capable of manipulating and using all magic. She can do so by re-directing that magic or absorbing it or using it to cast spells.

long pig
I was right, Talisman is capable of manipulating and using all magic. She can do so by re-directing that magic or absorbing it or using it to cast spells.
Strange can too, just on a bigger scale.

He has simply absorbed a being with infinite magical power. With not much hassle.

thesilverspider
He has and can. He's a master of both black and white magic. White magic is all defense, black is all offense. No CIS on Strange's part allows him to use both.

oh ok i have noticed how in some situations he doesn't use the black magic when it could have done the job.

Warmonger
I don't know anywhere that says that is how the spell works. After all if the people are back and they never knew that they died there is no pain to iflict. Not to mention that there are a billion things Thanos can throw at Strange. Including Thanos bots like the one he used againts that elder (the game playing one).

kgkg

It doesn't really matter if he undone it or not, if his intent was mass killing, it effects him.

A sin is a sin, even if you attone for it.

Thanos DOES know about Strange, and visa versa.
true and Strange knows he can't beat Thanos

King_Mungi
Strange can too, just on a bigger scale.

He has simply absorbed a being with infinite magical power. With not much hassle.

How do you know she can't as well? AF is a truely underated team. I WANT COMMENTS PEOPLE!........please embarrasment
----
Also Black Alice could give him a run for his money and we had a debate about this already long pig. Remember that? big grin

long pig
oh ok i have noticed how in some situations he doesn't use the black magic when it could have done the job.
He doesn't like to use it. He did when he lost all his talismen, he was killing people with a word. He stated he could straight up steal souls and give them to Satannish, which in turn would give Strange more power.

long pig
How do you know she can't as well? AF is a truely underated team. I WANT COMMENTS PEOPLE!........please embarrasment
----
Also Black Alice could give him a run for his money and we had a debate about this already long pig. Remember that? big grin
She could steal his magic, and he could take it back. Or just call on more power from another god and continue fighting.

Given she can't control her power, or even direct the power she stole, Strange would beat her.

King_Mungi
She could steal his magic, and he could take it back. Or just call on more power from another god and continue fighting.

Given she can't control her power, or even direct the power she stole, Strange would beat her.

She can call on the gods of the arctic, which are Shaman's boss who are high skyfathers themselves. Basically they could steal each other's magic all day

Yes she could, she stole the Spectre's power quickly and easily. She used it to full capacity. Your thinking of the old Black Alice who got her powers randomly. Dr.Fate has trained her to be able to focus and drain magic from a target.

Draco69
Black Alice is like a magical Rogue. She can steal magic for absolutely no reason.

long pig
Goddamned plot device called Black Alice.

Can she steal power from more than one God at a time? I mean, if she steals Strange's power from the Vishanti, he could just switch to another god. Repeat as needed.

King_Mungi
Goddamned plot device called Black Alice.

Can she steal power from more than one God at a time? I mean, if she steals Strange's power from the Vishanti, he could just switch to another god. Repeat as needed.

Yeah it's possible, she could just keep sucking the magic from him into her added to her overall strength. We still don't the current Black Alice's capabilities.

Now I'm going to bed, have a crappy final tommorow...crappy I say!

long pig
Noooo.

Damn you, if you leave, I will bash Alpha Flight! stick out tongue

King_Mungi
Noooo.

Damn you, if you leave, I will bash Alpha Flight! stick out tongue

Bah! I'll just bash Dr.Stran.....damn it! I can't, he's just to good mad

Crappy final exam.....

long pig
If CIS is off, Strange is skyfather level. He would use both b & W magic, making him twice as powerful as normal.

Draco69
Any Final Fantasy character!

long pig
Bah! I'll just bash Dr.Stran.....damn it! I can't, he's just to good mad

Crappy final exam.....
I hear you. What kinda exam? Anal?

kgkg
Everything with strange it's CIS

Whenever he is with other heroes he isn't that power. ( is all that CIS/PIS) what is the limit of issuing PIS and CIS

Strange is a demon (extra-dimensional hunter)

But…………………………….

Draco69
Green Lantern is worse. No CIS/PIS Strange can match the CIS/PIS of a Green Lantern

King_Mungi
I hear you. What kinda exam? Anal?

DAMN YOU! I was just about to leave and no way would I leave this....it's a throat ex...wait SHUT UP! mad

It's actually field techniques and my course is environmental engineering. I will be your boss one day!...or not...I'm not good with predicting the future.

kgkg
Originally posted by Draco69
Green Lantern is worse. No CIS/PIS Strange can match the CIS/PIS of a Green Lantern
That will create problems debating

Example: Superman breaking John’s shield like butter. PIS?

If not then how will you explain other event that keeps happening etc

Again how must PIS and CIS could we use because some comics are full with it.

Then how can one debate?

Draco69
Which is why I only use I high-end feats with DC characters. PIS/CIS happens in Marvel....but not as stupidly as it does in DC. Except when it comes to Wolverine or Captain America....

long pig
Originally posted by kgkg
Everything with strange it's CIS

Whenever he is with other heroes he isn't that power. ( is all that CIS/PIS) what is the limit of issuing PIS and CIS

Strange is a demon (extra-dimensional hunter)

But…………………………….
CIS is part of his character. He doesn't ever use his full abilites because he refuses to kill and he'd become evil. If he DID use both B & W magic, he'd be so close to skyfather.

Same why Superman's CIS is his character, otherwise, he'd rape everyone.

It's also about a character who's become too powerful, he can't be in a book and use his full power because most fights would end in a few seconds. Like Flash. So, instead of using his full power, they heave upon him MASSIVE PIS CIS, just to keep the story moving.

A two page comic doesn't sell.

kgkg
CIS is part of his character. He doesn't ever use his full abilites because he refuses to kill and he'd become evil. If he DID use both B & W magic, he'd be so close to skyfather.

Same why Superman's CIS is his character, otherwise, he'd rape everyone.

It's also about a character who's become too powerful, he can't be in a book and use his full power because most fights would end in a few seconds. Like Flash. So, instead of using his full power, they heave upon him MASSIVE PIS CIS, just to keep the story moving.

A two page comic doesn't sell.
Lame evil face
ever use his full abilites ----------- True with any "Powerful Superhero"
he refuses to kill--------------- Also true with any "Powerful Superhero"
If he DID use both B & W magic, he'd be so close to skyfather---------- Now he needs to kill to win battles confused

most fights would end in a few seconds-------------- Also true with any "Power Superhero"

so i guess all Powerful superhero have CIS and PIS all the time---------- meaning using Comic battle and scans are usless.

Wild Cowboy
NABU

PHANTOM STRANGER

BATMAN

SLADE

ANY IMP

wannabe
Professor X in his astral form might be able to take him down imo!!!

Ex11B
Korvac...
Imperiex...

Mider
Dr Fate
Mordru
Swamp Thing
John Constantine
Tim Hunter

You would have to put Strange up against someone with magic because anyone with just normal powers even eternity Strange would find a way to stop him like when he summoned LT if he had to fight LT who knows he might do something crazy like summon TOAA but lets not get over our heads Fate is VERY powerful he took down the Spectre Lucifer Morningstar could outsmart gods if his powers were not enough Swampthing defeated The Word in DC universe Mordru is suppose to be able to hand Fate his own butt from what ive heard but yeah it would take someone REALLY up there to take down Strange someone who can take over the universe.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by wannabe
Professor X in his astral form might be able to take him down imo!!!

what about...............................NO

wannabe
what about...............................NO what about...............................YES big grin

thesilverspider
what about...............................YES big grin

ok explain 2 me what chuck is gonna do............. in astral form

grey fox
what about...............................YES big grin

No , because strange also has a astral form , and his astral form PWNS any thing X can come up with.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by grey fox
No , because strange also has a astral form , and his astral form PWNS any thing X can come up with.

exactly............

grey fox
*Hi fives SilverSpider*

Cosmic Flame
Strange had a time with Moondragon in an astral fight. X is much better than Moondragon.

Can Black Alice steal magic that is being used by someone that doesn't really belong to them? That is, since beings like the Vishanti, Watoomb, etc. let people draw from their might, would Black Alice be able to take magic from Strange that isn't his own magic?

I wouldn't mind seeing Strange fight Warlock and Hellstorm. Strange threatened Hellstorm once, and Daimon laughed in his face. And considering that his hell realms are at least the size of Mephisto's and that he has abilities that Mephisto doesn't, I'm betting it would be a pretty good fight (with his human eating demon steeds and all).

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Cosmic Flame
Can Black Alice steal magic that is being used by someone that doesn't really belong to them? That is, since beings like the Vishanti, Watoomb, etc. let people draw from their might, would Black Alice be able to take magic from Strange that isn't his own magic?

Yeah she stole Dr.Fate's magic making him powerless, same with Zantanna.

long pig
Didn't MD have the mind gem? He still whooped her.

Also, what makes you think she's not as good as X?

Also, heh, Strange can bring everything with him to the Astral Plane. Once he breaks out the eye, X is dead.

King_Mungi
Didn't MD have the mind gem? He still whooped her.

Yeah I was sure at the time she had the mindgem.

long pig
The Mind Gem makes you unbeatable in mental combat. It gives you complete control over anyone's mind.

Didn't really matter since Strange was said to be an astral constant in the universe.

-sigh-
mad I can't think of a way he could beat Black Alice!!!!! stick out tongue Fine, BA wins.

Melnorme
Originally posted by EevilJ
Who can beat Dr. Strange with/out prep? Who can beat/kill/eat/destroy him?

The IRS.

Beyonder
Superman Prime will beat Strange bloody purple.

Ex11B
socks that have been on a bums feet for 6 weeks straight would take out Dr Strange.

long pig
Originally posted by Beyonder
Superman Prime will beat Strange bloody purple.
With little effort, too.

Cosmic Flame
Well Infinity Abyss itself implies. Moondragon was made a thrall of Thanos' clone that was designed to battle Professor X, not Moondragon with the mind gem.

kegs202
I live in the UK and will be recording the christmas invasion on DVD. If anyone wants a copy for a modest fee let me know. I can supply in PAL or NTSC. email [email protected]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.