Why do the good die young?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dark Urizen
Yeah, this is a self-pity thread. In case you're wondering WTH hit me to make a thread like this, here it is. You know a while ago (4 months to be more exact) i became a highschool teacher at my old highschool. I teach IT, informatics, and computer science. My students are mostly girls, from 14-15 to 17-18 y old. They're pretty crazy, but in the good way. Young, ya know.
Last week, one of my students had some problems with monoxide carbon poisoning or something like that. She was put in the hospital to be watched over. On Saturday she went into a coma. Last night she died. I found out a few hours ago and rushed over to the HS to comfort the kids and such, to help them out with some money for the funeral, you know. It was really heartbreaking.

So now tell me, how it is that good young people, people that don't have a mean bone in their body can die like this, all of the sudden, while all the egocentric and mean sonsofbitches die of old age?
I know i can't help it, that there's nothing i can do, but i just need to vent.

Spearhead
The egocentric and mean sonofbitches die too...but because they're egocentric and mean sonofbitches, no one cares.

When good people die, it's a tragedy, it gets attention. But the fact remains that both die...erm

Storm
There is no black or white, yes or no answer to this question. No logical answers. It can not be analyzed, or sorted out to create a simple why or why not answer for the lay person. Heartache, tragedy, and suffering is something that everyone experiences. The thing people need to grasp hold of is understanding and the dealing of these tragedies when they arise. Spend your energy helping and reaching out. You can make a difference by doing something.

Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam.

Clovie
life is unfair.
and it is really crap. poor girl.

Rogue Jedi
not all good people die young. not all mean sunavabitchs die old.

Bloigen
Yeh. Like John Lennon, Freddie Mercury, Eleanor Rigby, The guy that Mama killed, Gailleo, Figaro, Just a poor boy, Miss Miller, NOOOO!!!, Mamma Mia, Beelzebub has a devil for a....

overlord
Because egocentric assholes have a very strong will to live I guess.. erm

Fianna
Because life sucks sometimes and it isn't fair..but there are lot's of young people who don't die....it's just that when one dies, it seems far more tragic than it is joyful that the others live....if you see what I mean..

There has been three deaths in my school in the last few years ((one from brain cancer, one from an asthma attack and another was crushed by a falling tree)) .....it seems more because of how young they were and how much life they had ahead of them...

Sorry Vlad hug ...poor girl and her family sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.