kryptonian names

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

o.g. slaughter
wat are some examples of kryptonian names otha than wit el at the end?

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by o.g. slaughter
wat are some examples of kryptonian names otha than wit el at the end?

Sure. And the Kryptonian names mentioned are all Superman relatives/ancestors.

FELN

RUGAD

UVED

TOMNU

MILIA

KIL-GOR

WENDA KIL-GOR

BYMA RUTH-AR

NIM-ZEE

GEM-ZEE

VAN-ZEE

AK-VAR

THARA GEM-ZEE

RAD-ZEE

NIMDA AN-DOR

DONDRA KLU-TA

&

LOR-VAN (Superman's Kryptonian Grandfather on moms side)

LARA ROK-VAR (Superman's Kryptonian Grandmother on moms side)

LARA LOR-VAN (Superman's Mother/Astronaut)

eleveninches
i've seen loads of others as well, but cant remember them off hand

redcaped
The names are fine but I don't like the symbol on their chest like the whole alphabet from A-Z. Superman has the S because he is super. What mind was behind that.

riv6672
Originally posted by redcaped
The names are fine but I don't like the symbol on their chest like the whole alphabet from A-Z. Superman has the S because he is super. What mind was behind that.

Yeah, i may be in the minority, but the S should just be an S.
I liken it to Spidey's organic webs in the first movie. In the '78 Superman the S became a Kryptonian symbol as one less thing to deal with. It basically just stuck.
John Byrne tried, during his 80s reboot to change it up, linking it to native Americans, and the Kent family as opposed to the Els, but it was quietly disregarded (Waid helped out in the mid 00s); not all Byrne ideas were gold. stick out tongue
With the MoS movie, the S as a Kryptonian symbol is pretty much set in stone.

Mindship
And then, there's Zod. Just plain Zod.

riv6672
Is that his given or surname?
I suppose he doesnt have to have one. There are multiple earthly naming conventions. Kryptonians likely have them too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.