-Bedsheets-

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RaDiOdOrK
Chapter Uno- Scars and Stories

Daniel dropped his head mournfully to his shaking form, sleeved in an olive green hospital robe.

'This is so pathetic'

He glanced around the white-washed walls, closed, numbered doors and bustling hallways.

'This is so incredibly cliche'

Even the paper cup he drank from smelled of disinfectant.
His mother lay unconscious in the room behind him, receiving a check-up for the fifth time that evening. He never liked to stay and watch, it was the first time he'd seen her vulnerable; and preferred the loneliness of the corridor.

'Watch it son!' A warden sped past and almost caused a collision with the stretcher he pushed, harbouring a motionless, sheeted form.
Daniel jumped backwards, only to hear the outrage of a group of knee-high children. They glared viciously at him, shrunken beneath their matching robes and I.D. bracelets.

He smiled, apologetic. He was used to children liking him.
'See why we call it the midnight rush?' a voice commented lightly beside him, and he glanced down to this watch as he turned to face her.

'It's only eight o'clock..'

The girl shrugged, her tangled hair reflecting her carelessness and her worn robes revealing just how familiar she was to this place. 'Sickness doesn't always wait.'

Daniel nodded, irritated and turned back to the rushing hallway.

'Jhokai- burns unit.' She delivered her greeting grimly, but looked to him for a response all the same.

'Daniel- miserable actor from a movie series that never finished. Excuse me, I have to attend to my dying mother.' And with his last bitter note, he turned back towards room 304. The heavy door swung outwards, and Daniel felt his face implode as it made contact.

He squeezed his eyes shut and stood motionless, cupping his nose as blood oozed through his fingers and into his gaping mouth.

The exiting doctor, anything but sympathetic, moved Dan heftily into a nearby supply room to fix the damage. They left shortly after with barely an apology, leaving him with a bandage pressed to his face and a inquisitive-looking Jhokai seated across from him.

'I remember now.'

'So do I, it still f**king hurts.'

'No! Harry Potter right?'

'Call me Daniel' His sarcastic reply was muffled by bloody cloths.
She grinned roguishly as if they had made progress. 'Yeah.. There used to be two little girls here. Utterly obsessed they were. Got their whole ward hooked and started a dress up tradition which we still have I believe.' She trailed off reminiscently.

Daniel snorted with laughter; immediately regretting his action as more blood drizzled over the drying stains on his chin and onto his robe as he tried fervently to block the flow.

'Grow up, did they?'

Jhokai eyed him sternly. 'They died Daniel, that's usually the case when we speak in past tense.'

He dropped his eyes to hide the guilt. Jhokai crossed her legs on the box of plastic tubing she was perched on, eyeing him blatantly and flickering back her locks to reveal a glistening array of piercings.

'Aren't they a health risk?'

It was her turn to scoff. 'Needles in the ass isn't the only thing doctors are good for.' She fiddled with a ruby stud on the inside of her ear. 'But they aim just as good.'

Daniel skimmed her over in the silence. 'You don't look very sick.'

She smiled wryly. 'Don't I?'

'Well you said you're from the burns unit and I- ah..'

'You expected what? Scars?'

He dropped his gaze once more. 'Never mind.'

Her intense eyes softened and she picked up her clucky tone. 'So what happened to your mother?'

As invaded as Daniel felt, the girl in front of him didn't seem like someone you said no to.

'Stroke.' He cleared his throat. 'I'm kind of here, everyday out of guilt.'
She smiled, obviously used to exchanging morbid, sadistic hospital stories.

'Ah the guilt visits. Not as popular as the I want your inheritance trips but there's still a few
.'
He grinned at her attempt to make light of the situation, cautiously removing the cloth away for the first time.

'Yeah I've stressed her out. Not doing too great at school any more, and when the whole Harry Potter thing cut short last year..' He shook his head, feigning mourn.

Jhokai gave an understanding nod. 'We'll I'm sure she'll appreciate you when she wakes up, they always do.'

'Jhocky?' A small frail girl peered into the room, gripping the doorway tensely and eyeing Daniel with fright.

'Mindy!' Jhokai rose and scooped the child into her arms, bringing a tiny smile to her porcelain face.

'What're you doing out baby girl?!'

'You didn't come say g'night...'

Jhokai cooed an apology before setting her down again. 'Race you back to the ward!' she called, humouring Mindy. The little girl squealed and took off out the door, white hair flailing after her, and shyness long forgotten.

Jhokai paused in the doorway, still bearing a grin of affection. 'Goodnight Daniel. I was sort of hoping you were sick, we could of hung out.' And with that she was off, bare feet falling down the halls playfully and tiny screams of excitement not far ahead of her.

Barker
It's Good, But I Think This Should Be In The General Fic Section. smile

RaDiOdOrK
Ah crap.

RaDiOdOrK
Chapter Two- Dead Direction

Daniel gripped his mother's hand firmly.

'Hey mum'

She didn't stir. She never did. He watched her pale, ageing skin, and heard her shaky breaths as air tried entering her body. Twisted plastic tubes gripped her form menacingly, twirling around and under her still figure, piercing her flesh and giving her life. Clear concoctions were pumped into her veins. 'If she were here to see this..' he mused at the irony.

His mother would've unplugged the tubing herself.

He eyed his bulging schoolbag with detest, slinging it over his shoulder and heading down to the cafeteria for something to eat for the first time that day.

Warmth lingered on his pale hands as he gripped the coffee mug, savouring the bitter-sweetness. Childish chuckles and the clanging of trays and cutlery echoed, moulding the chaotic atmosphere, and Daniel glanced over his shoulder occasionally in caution. If it wasn't for his mother being an occupant, Daniel would've seen hospitals as being almost cheerful.

He brought his fingers to his face tentatively, still feeling a slight swell from the previous day. Two hands came down on his shoulders suddenly, and familiar tangles of chocolate hair slid over his face, jolting his coffee mug into his lap.

'You're something beautiful, a contradiction. I wanna play the game, I
want the friction.'

Daniel looked up in outrage at Jhokai who continued to dance around his table, eyes closed, completely oblivious.

He tore his jacket off his arms and pressed it into the sweltering heat between his legs; the once-full mug now in pieces.

Jhokai, noticing the lack of attention, pulled her headphones from her ears and grinned at him silently.

He scowled at her. 'You burnt me! Do you have any idea how much this hurts?!'

The warmth slipped from her face. 'Yes I do.'

He stopped wiping himself down and looked up to her, feeling sheepish, although the scowl hardly came away. 'You're bad luck.'

Jhokai, quick to forgive, slipped Muse back into her ears and yelled out to him as she left. 'Whatever. I'm on the seventh floor, room twenty-seven!'

Daniel laughed to himself as she left, 'Like I'd go.'

But two hours and a phone call from his father later, curiosity got the better of him. His father was stuck back at work, and Dan had never been allowed to get public transport; the risk of being noticed still worried his parents, much to his embarrassment. He was glad the attention in the hospital was fairly mild.

The lift was empty as he entered, searching lazily for the "seventh floor" button. While he waited anxiously for the door to close, he began checking the front of his pants carefully, making sure there was no sign of a stain. He looked up to find the doors open and waiting, a short cleaning woman eyeing him suspiciously; cloth in hand.

He avoided her eyes and followed the door numbers down steadily until he got to what was supposed to be number twenty-seven.

Morgue

He eyed the sign stupidly, hearing a small chuckle to his left; finding an elderly warden sipping coffee and studying him in amusement.

'She got you too eh?'

A light flush spread over Daniel's face in realisation.
He took another sip, shaking his head and commented conversationally, 'Talk about dead ends...'

'Am I even on the right floor?'

The warden heaved a throaty laugh. 'Goodness no! Jhokai is on the second floor. She must've been pulling this trick for near five years now.' His voice reflected admiration.

'That's where I came from.' Daniel felt his intelligence diminishing as he continued to speak. 'So.. Thanks..'

He took the stairs this time, vowing to avoid cleaners and wardens from then onwards for fear of losing the rest of his dignity.

'I should have realised' The floor was milling with frantic nurses, stressed doctors, screaming children, and some at-home looking teenagers sitting in small groups; doors wide open.

The Burns Unit doors were tightly shut, almost airtight, with no movement visible through the Perspex window. The lighting was dim and Daniel approached cautiously, pressing the door forward.

He stepped slowly down the hall, in realisation that he didn't even know which room was hers.

He could hear a faint commotion further on and followed the sound; the emptiness giving him an almost overwhelming feeling of depression.
Voices met his ears now and doctor surged forward from an adjacent corridor and into a nearby room, implements in hand.

A piercing scream filled the ward, followed by heavy breathing, sobs and the sound of a struggle. 'Please! Please'

The tiny girl Daniel saw the previous night appeared at a doorway, the same fright in her eyes as she clutched a soft toy, barely blinking, before scampering away.

A feeling of paralysis consumed Daniel's body as he turned the next corner. The room in full view was closed off, but with a broad viewing
window and the curtains drawn.

Jhokai was centred on her bed, he screams still audible through the shut-off room. Her face was strew with tears as she writhed her body up against the headboard, ripping at the bed sheets, attempting to escape the sets of hands holding her down. Her mouth was contorted into an expression of inexplicable pain, and a syringe protruded from her arm, just out of the doctor's grasp.

'Please!' Her scream sounded as if her throat were bleeding.
The distressed Doctor stabbed another needle into her leg, the only place he was able to reach, and her body slumped; still shivering, and her face was stained with fluid.

She flickered her eyes upward to meet Daniel's as she collapsed lifelessly to the mattress, holding no expression, no sorrow, no recognition.

Brunette Angel
Hmmm... It's definitely different from your other one, but I'm curious to see where it will go!

It could stay here in the HP section, because it has to do with Dan.

RaDiOdOrK
That's what I thought. It's not 'general enough'.. and HP fans like Dan.. I figure..

RaDiOdOrK

Barker
Originally posted by Brunette Angel
It could stay here in the HP section, because it has to do with Dan.
Still not Harry Potter. erm

But whatever, I'm no Mod. It's Interesting.

RaDiOdOrK
Well should I keep posting? I mean, I wouldn't want to interrupt your little argument about where my story should go.

F*ck. Sorry but this is the worst site for readers/comments. Maybe my style just doesn't fit here. Forget it. I won't write here if a 1000 word chapter is only worth 2 words of review.

jlee17xoxo412
what....noooo i like your stories

Brunette Angel
Ack! Don't leave! I like your stories too! You are one of the best writers I've encountered on this site. If you do stop, could you PM me the story?

To all those people who keep bugging out about where the story should be - I believe it is just fine right here. It has to do with Harry Potter in a way. Her other fanfic - She Loves Me Not - is in the Harry Potter Fiction section so this one is fine here too. Bug off.

Captain REX
Sorry to ask, but who's Daniel?

Anyways, please stop the chit-chat and just comment on the writing, I'll be the judge of what goes where...as soon as I know who Daniel is...

RaDiOdOrK
Daniel Radcliffe. He plays Harry Potter....?

So yeah I just feel you guys are replying out of politeness. I have this story on 4 forums with an innumerable amount of support and replies and.. well I'll just be repeating what I said before. I'll PM/email the story to you Brunette Angel.

Goodday.

Brunette Angel
Aw! Thankies! Your the best!

RaDiOdOrK

iluvhpsomuch1_7
I like this story very much

RaDiOdOrK
smile

Soon..

RaDiOdOrK

iluvhpsomuch1_7
That was awwesome!!!

RaDiOdOrK
Ta hun. I will get to your fic when I have a spare moment okies?
I hate whinging about replies.. So I will just quote a reply I got from a radnet reader about that chapter.. *cough*

So they don't have to be that long or analytical or anything! I just wanna knwo what you like!

Please..

xxx

RaDiOdOrK

iluvhpsomuch1_7
OMG that was so GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!loved it so much

hardcorewitch99
its outrageous......so strong...but kinda morbid and upsetting..i like that part

iluvhpsomuch1_7
i liked it a lot lol. saddness plays a great role in this story. Fits relli well.

RaDiOdOrK

iluvhpsomuch1_7
THAT WAS AWESOME DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iluvhpsomuch1_7
but im still waiting for your other story SHE LOVES ME NOT but ok cant wait for more

RaDiOdOrK
Yeah I gotta write the last chapter wink Than I'll post it up.. and that's the end!

iluvhpsomuch1_7
Awesome i love your stories so much they are so creative!!!!!!! love

RaDiOdOrK

RaDiOdOrK
tick tick tick

iluvhpsomuch1_7
OMG my hands were like clinched to my hair. That's so scary i want to know what happens next. Oh and i new they were going to kiss hahahahahaha. lol ok im weird lol

RaDiOdOrK

iluvhpsomuch1_7
wait so when Daniel was waiting to see Jhokai he was just thinking about when His mom just started getting sick and then he went to see Jhokai. What exactly happened to her? Why doesn't she want him to come back? I'm confused I like it very very very very very much but im confused. Fill me in

RaDiOdOrK
You've confused me!! Basically he was sitting outside waiting to see her and had a flashback or whatever to when his mother had a stroke. Then he went into see Jhokai.. and she pretty much said she doesn't like saying goodbye- I suppose you'll find out later smile Obviously she has lost people she cared about once before.

Hope it's clear!

iluvhpsomuch1_7
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Ok its clear.lol

RaDiOdOrK

iluvhpsomuch1_7
Wow. I mean there is no words to discribe it. It's so well written. Good Description. Good everything. It was and will and has been the greatest story yet. It's way better then mine. lol i love keep going

ewalklover
your story is amazing! please keep writing...I wanna know what happens next!

RaDiOdOrK

iluvhpsomuch1_7
luved it <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3 Can't wait for more!

ewalklover
yeah...please write more soon...I can't wait!

RaDiOdOrK

RaDiOdOrK

ewalklover
omg that is so good! please keep posting! smile

iluvhpsomuch1_7
aw young love. luved it cant wait for im gald you posted cuz i was like come on come on come on post already lol.

ewalklover
when are you gonna post more? i can't wait!

RaDiOdOrK

iluvhpsomuch1_7
woah

ewalklover
that's really good!

~Dark_Dan_Fan~
VERY GOOD!!!! wink

RaDiOdOrK
*beams*

More later. I haven't been writing much lately since I work about 30 hours a week and am a full-time writing student at university.. But I still have a few chaps stored before I hit a dead-end.

*dies*

xx

~Dark_Dan_Fan~
Thats ok take ur time we can wait its awesome!!! wink

RaDiOdOrK

iluvhpsomuch1_7
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

~Dark_Dan_Fan~
GREAT!!!!!!!and sad...

ewalklover
amazing. i love it. keep posting please!

RaDiOdOrK

~Dark_Dan_Fan~
Very good I luved it!!!! big grin

ewalklover
that was really good!

RaDiOdOrK

ewalklover
amazing. can't wait for the next post!

iluvhpsomuch1_7
m...m.....mm. mm. whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaa*tear*. Its so sad

~Dark_Dan_Fan~
ooo very good!!!update ASAP!!!

~Dark_Dan_Fan~
cum on where r u???

RaDiOdOrK

~Dark_Dan_Fan~
love it!!!your a wicked writer!!!update ASAP!!! big grin

Namine Etoile
Yay! Updates are good! VERY good! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

iluvhpsomuch1_7
AW! I love this story so much!

RaDiOdOrK

iluvhpsomuch1_7
That was so depressing! But good!

~Dark_Dan_Fan~
awsum...sad but sooooo awsum!!

RaDiOdOrK

iluvhpsomuch1_7
YAY! It was great!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.