There Has NEVER been a good scifi movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AuntieKryst
C'mon folks, get real. Read a really good scifi novel. Get deeply into it. Then try to think of ANY scifi movie which ever came even remotely close to that experience.

OK, you're right. Alien. That's it and then they ****ed it up with sequellae.

Oh, poopoo.

Oh Come Let us Ignore Him
Oh Come Let us Deplore Him
Oh Come Let us Abhor Him
Christ, the Fraud!

Mando
Originally posted by AuntieKryst

I disagree, And I've read my share of Sci-fi novels.

Star wars
Serenity
Blade Runner
Equilibrium
The Matrix
Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Donnie Darko
12 Monkeys

All Great Sci-Fi's

Solo
Donnie Darko is better than any science fiction novels I have ever read. As for Alien, I'm going to say Ender's Game is better than that.

Wolfie
With movies like Star Wars, The Matrix, and Donnie Darko, I think it's kinda hard to defend that all sci-fi movies are bad.

Tptmanno1
Exactly.
And on a semi-related note, anyone know the deal with the Ender's Game movie?

Lana
There are plenty of excellent sci-fi movies, as has been pointed out....and there's plenty of shit sci-fi novels.

As for the Ender's Game movie...dunno.

Tired Hiker
The Thing

Tired Hiker
Oh c'mon, Space Odyssey 2001, classic!

Eis
Originally posted by Mando
I disagree, And I've read my share of Sci-fi novels.

Star wars
Serenity
Blade Runner
Equilibrium
The Matrix
Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Donnie Darko
12 Monkeys

All Great Sci-Fi's
When I read Donnie Darko, I was like "donnie darko is NOT scifi!" then after a couple of hours I realized I was thinking of Donnie Brasco stick out tongue whats donnie darko 'bout anyway?

Thread starter, you're an idiot there are many excellent sci-fi movies.

Mando
Originally posted by Eis
whats donnie darko 'bout anyway?

Mostly time Travel. Great movie. Pick it up sometime.

bloodboys2blueb
Back to the Future is a good sci-fi movie

Undertaker
Aliens, Terminator and Predator.
Weren't they good enough?

gentmax
Contact
Gattaca

redcaped
Yes, there is one, "life."

Soth
. . . . . . . . that's just plain wrong. . . . . back up your theory a bit better, next time

Mindship
2001: a space odyssey
the matrix
terminator
alien
war of the worlds (1953 version)
forbidden planet
the thing
predator
original king kong
original godzilla
beast from 20,000 fathoms
giant behemoth

Crease
The best SciFi movies of all time, in this order are:

1. Terminator 2
2. Matrix
3. I Robot
4. Terminator 1
5. If you count the Star Wars saga (which we shouldn't) then Revenge of the Sith comes in 5th. If not, then Chronicles of Riddick comes in 5th.

Almost forgot, Minority Report would be the best SciFi movie ever, but it didn't have enough special effects.

roughrider
You're wrong.
Good bye. big grin

DiamondBullets
Most Michael Crichton books that become movies, turn out to be excellent. Jurassic Park, Congo, and Sphere were kick-ass novels that became kick-ass Sci-Fi flicks.

Myth
Originally posted by Crease
The best SciFi movies of all time, in this order are:

1. Terminator 2
2. Matrix
3. I Robot
4. Terminator 1
5. If you count the Star Wars saga (which we shouldn't) then Revenge of the Sith comes in 5th. If not, then Chronicles of Riddick comes in 5th.

Almost forgot, Minority Report would be the best SciFi movie ever, but it didn't have enough special effects.

What would you consider Star Wars if its not Sci Fi? And how in the Hell is Alien, Aliens not on that while is above Terminator? Plus Riddick can suck a nut in my opinion. Almost ended my life after seeing it.

Wolfie
Originally posted by Crease
How is Star Wars not sci-fi?

Eis
Originally posted by Mando
Mostly time Travel. Great movie. Pick it up sometime.
I followed your adivce I bought it, I loved it! Awesome storyline and great cast.

Wolfie
The DC isn't bad either, you should rent that.

Nepa
One of my favorite Sci Fi movies of all time is Blade Runner, classic.

BackFire
2001: A Space Oddesy is one of the most important films of all time.

Adamwankenobi

kanis
borg Blade runner is not a good sci fi movie its boring, serenity is a brilliant sci fi movie it was one of the best voted of last year. Their is a lot of great sci fi movies and a lot of not so good ones it all depends on the type of sci fi the film has in it. For me space battles and shootouts are brilliant and films with great plots and imagination, time travel for me has become boring.

office jesus
Originally posted by Wolfie
How is Star Wars not sci-fi?

Star Wars = Science Fiction / Fantasy. Though it has Sci-Fi elements in it, it's largely considered a fantasy.

And as for the thread starter? Who the f*uck are you to say there aren't good Sci-Fi flicks? The Matrix revolutionized visual effects. 2001 made us think. Stargate was good. Meh... Idiot.

office jesus
Originally posted by kanis
borg Blade runner is not a good sci fi movie its boring, serenity is a brilliant sci fi movie it was one of the best voted of last year. Their is a lot of great sci fi movies and a lot of not so good ones it all depends on the type of sci fi the film has in it. For me space battles and shootouts are brilliant and films with great plots and imagination, time travel for me has become boring.

xD. How can you say that Blade Runner wasn't good? I thought it kind of rocked myself. I like your smilie by the way. Borg?

kanis
borg I'm a star trek fan what can i say. I don't know, maybe its just my opinion i've got nothing against people who like it we all have our personal preferences when it comes to sci fi and whats good and what isn't.

office jesus
Originally posted by kanis
borg I'm a star trek fan what can i say. I don't know, maybe its just my opinion i've got nothing against people who like it we all have our personal preferences when it comes to sci fi and whats good and what isn't.

Too true. This idiot that started the thread wouldn't know a good film if it jumped up and bit him in the ass. And yep, y'got another fellow Trek nerd here too, so yeah. What am I doing on a forum that has a large Star Wars base? Simple. I love watching arguments. laughing

kanis
borg Maybe someone should put a star trek thread on kmc for us trek fans

WrathfulDwarf
C'mon folks, get real. Read a really good scifi novel. Get deeply into it. Then try to think of ANY scifi movie which ever came even remotely close to that experience.

I see quite a contratiction here....you're asking to read a novel and then see a film...are you aware that reading a book and watching a movie are two very different types of storytelling? I don't see a reason to post a list of sci-fi movies. Since you're just contradicting yourself.

faradayslaw
John Carpenters The Thing is still my all-time fav, but I though Serenity was awesome.

Kav
I'm disappointed no one has mentioned AI.

So that people don't think I don't know anything about real sci fi when they read what movies I've listed here and their order, let me say I've read a large portion of sci fi novels by Robert A Heinlein and Arthur C Clarke, and a fair amount of sci fi by others such as Isaac Asimov, Robert Silverberg, Stephen Baxter, Greg Bear, Orson Scott Card, Piers Anthony, C J Cherryh, Aldous Huxley, Ursula K Le Guin, George R R Martin, Robert A Metzger, Jack Williamson, and John C Wright, so I do know what good sci fi is.

I'd put the best Sci Fi movies (in my opinion) that I've seen in this order:

1. A.I.: Artificial Intelligence
2. 2001: A Space Odyssey
3. Contact
4. Donnie Darko
5. Terminator 2
6. Blade Runner
7. Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1950s or 70s are both good)
8. Jurassic Park
9. Alien
10. The Terminator

Also, I think The Matrix and Star Wars series are the two most vastly overrated Sci Fi movie series ever.

steverules
Aliens is considered to be one of the best sequals and is a personal favorite movie of mine along with Alien.

Wolfie
I thought AI was terrible.

steverules
Well compared to Aliens it is.

office jesus
AI is probably one of the worst movies ever made. It probably would've been better if the original director had stayed on. And yeah the Matrix films are overrated. Nothing will ever beat that first film though.

pinkfarey

Oh, poopoo.

Oh Come Let us Abhor Him
Christ, the Fraud!

Why so pisst off??

Blaxican_Jedi
contact and the matrix movies prior to Matrix: Revolutions sucked balls. Along with A.I....

1. Starwars 1, 4, 6

2. Jurassic park 1-2

3. Aliens 1-2

4. Lotr 1-3

5. War of the worlds (2005)

omaga
i take it u have not see event horizon! that is th bomb!

redcaped
Marvel and DC are good sci-fi movies. My concern to what is left from a very few is minimum. Is George Lucas fixing the old crap trilogy for the 30th anniversary? I just want to know.

Knightfall93

Oh, poopoo.

Oh Come Let us Abhor Him
Christ, the Fraud! OK, 1st I'm Christian and I'm offended by that. i will report you for that and I hopwe others do. Now, have you ever seen, you prejudiced imbecile, Star Wars? That was a classic trilogy (until they brought in thePrequels). just think before you speak, you had NO need to write your little song there!

Mr Parker
obviously this person has never seen the first two original star wars movies or the original star trek movies. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Knightfall93
He's a prejudiced and biased etc moron who's probably only verer seen star trek...

mikeydude
has any1 ever seen roswell i thought it was a good droma but it had good action when it wanted to still roswell was a realy good film altho it was on t.v. it was still good to
happy happy happy cool cool wink wink p.s. im not a noob eather

mikeydude
thats bull there has always been a good si fi movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.