Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WindDancer
Ready for a new Sam Fisher?! Well, be prepare for this one. Because the rumors are that Sam gets dishonorable discharge from the Third Echelon. And there is also a rumor that one of his beloved family members is murderer in cold blood.

Ubi-soft better not commit the same sin twice like they did with The Prince of Persia. I can't picture Sam being a bad guy. No way! This character is way to cool to be turned into a badass killer.

Stay tuned for details! big grin

TwisterGameX
Sam better not be evil. I love choas theory!!!

Ast
The new Game Informer has a huge preview of Splinter Cell: Double Agent, I havent actually read through the whole thing yet though. stick out tongue

Ast
I read the preview, spoilers ahead.....

Ill try to sum up as best I can...

Sam's daughter is killed in a car accident, Sam falls into really deep depression causing him to be removed from duty. Monthes later he asks for an assignment to put things behind him, he is given the assignment of going undercover and earning the trust of a terrorist and his faction, one problem. the target is in jail.

So the NSA has Sam "rob" banks, and in the final robbery there is a faked death to make him a murderer. Once in jail you must break the target and yourself out. In jail Sam wont have his usual tools, so darkness is no longer Sam's greatest weapon. In order to get past guards and escape, Sam must cause chaos via inmate riots. big grin

Once you escape you mst earn the trust of the terrorist faction, which leads to the new morality system(think KOTOR), when you escape you hijack a news helicopter, and to prove your loyalty, you are asked to execute the pilot, Double Agent will feature branching paths and multiple endings depending on how you handle these situations. big grin

Once in the group you must work to gain trust, therefore your missions have terrorists objectives, as well as the NSA objectives, only it isnt often that you can do both, you must choose.

Double Agent will feature the usual(though improved) multiplayer modes of the last 2 games. It isnt being made by Ubisoft Montreal this time, instead by Ubisoft Shanghai.

If anyone wants, I can scan the magazine as best I can.

WindDancer
Whoah! Great info Ast. Looks like Ubi-soft is gonna go for that choose either light or dark side gaming. Should make it interesting to see Sam choose being good or bad.

splintercell
Yea SC:4 DA is going to be awsome its going ot come out in september!! freckin right

Koala MeatPie
My Friend Used to be A beta Tester At ubiSoft, the games are made in Montreal.

Scicne she left, she told me all about it big grin

(You Can see her name as a Beta Tester in the booklet for SC 3, her name is Birgitte, something, Probably O'tool but I would doupt the O'tool, anyways her anem si Birgitte)

So yeah, I know everything big grin

(She is not working at a Radio Station in Kansas)

WrathfulDwarf
Expect this game to be released on September of this year! Here is the cover for the xbox360:

AstroFan
The PSP game "Essentials" is getting bad reviews, I hope that is not an indicator for this game. sad

WrathfulDwarf
O M G....It's SAM!!!! shock

WrathfulDwarf
Lookie! Look! big grin

SnakeEyes
I never got into any of the Splinter Cell games and probably never will... the plot sounds pretty cool though.

Phat J
you should check them out, theyre definitely worth the time.

WrathfulDwarf
I'm watching G4 coverage of E3. They just finish a "hands on" game. Holy ! The graphics looks so godamn sweet....Sam puts a guy on a choke hold and you can actually see the facial expression of the guy. When he snaps the guy's neck the look is unbeliable! Amazing!

H. S. 6
I.... want. droolio

WrathfulDwarf
New Pics! big grin

WrathfulDwarf

WrathfulDwarf
Last one! Don't forget it will be released on October. happy

Spartan005
droolio Oh my god, I can't frikin wait for this game to come out! But I heard that the 360 version doesn't come with the co-op mode anymore... only teh original xbox does. sad Whatever... at least its 3 on 3 multiplayer now big grin Should be pretty cool

PVS
splinter cell has just gotten progressively better with every release. i expect great things.

WrathfulDwarf
Fresh from X06

Two new Screenshots

WrathfulDwarf

AstroFan
I cant wait for the demo to hit XBL. big grin

PVS
gameplay description just posted:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=11928&type=mov&pl=game

GIMME GIMME GIMME!!!

WrathfulDwarf
That totally kicked ass! thumb up

RedAlertv2
Chaos Theory was awesome. I hope this game is cool, though unfortunately Ill have to stick to the Xbox version.

WrathfulDwarf
Anyone pick up a copy yet? I don't get mine till friday. sad

Please, post your impressions. happy

El_NINO
Im picking up my copy tomorrow

forumcrew
ive heard that chaos theory is a little better

Smasandian
I heared that too.

I also heared that the graphics arnt spectacular.

El_NINO
Ive heard Sam calls out your name and says your on the terrorist list then attempts to jump out of the tv.

Spartan005
Originally posted by Smasandian

I also heared that the graphics arnt spectacular.

What the f**k? Did you watch the gameplay movies?

BackFire
The graphics look good, but compared to other games that are out or coming out, like GoW, Rainbow Six, Oblivion and Ghost Recon, they're not quite up to par.

Spartan005
Nah... they at least look better than Graw... maybe not quite as good as Vegas, but we'll see. I'm either gonna buy the game sometime this week or just wait for my B day on Dec 6! eek!

El_NINO
I GOT THE GAME!!!!!

Its awesome, so far the storyline is great. Im in the prison trying to break out right now. The graphics are alright, but I have only seen him in the dark. I have a feeling the best is yet to come.

WrathfulDwarf
I got my copy last friday. I spend the weekend playing the game. Kinda feels more like an expansion of Chaos Theory. Graphics are good but nothing extravagant. I didn't like the training much. Felt kinda weird using stealth in that white room. I like the AI for this game. It's a little more tricky than CT. Most of the terrorist don't walk stiff and in this game they search every corner and nearly everywhere. Which makes it so much more challenging. If you're a fan of the series definetly get it. If this your first SC then try Chaos Theory and then play this one.

Sound, music, voice acting, controllers are always top notch. Which is why the SC is my favorites. happy

AstroFan
Any reliable XBL'ers need players? Im sick of teamates quiting on me. erm

J-Beowulf
The graphics on Xbox 360 are great, on xbox they're supposedly a little worse than CT, but nothing major.

Great reviews on this game though, and keep in mind it's not the same part of Ubisoft that made the rest of the games. The others were made by Ubisoft Montreal, this one is made by Shanghai.

Smasandian
Shanghai also made Pandora Tomorrow.

AstroFan
I love the changes made the multiplayer, I actually really enjoy playing as a merc(which is good because everyone jumps to spy erm ).

I finally got in a room with some real friends last night, had a blast. stick out tongue

El_NINO
I finally beat the game. Its a surprise ending too.

PVS
i just got done assassinating the ship crew big grin

so far i LOOOOOVE this game, although im not surprised since i knew
that it would kick ass given the franchise's track record

FistOfThe North
Hm. Never go into any of the Tom Clancy games although I am playing the "Rainbow Six: Vegas" demo for 360 and i find it ok, nothing to get hysterical over. The graphics are great but the bloom effect is overused. Something i've been seeing alot in alot of these xbox360 games. But FPS are my thing. Guess i kinda got to get used to TC games.

And i'm assuming Splinter Cell is kinda like "R6:V" so i think i'll wait till G.O.W. on the 8th of nov. and spend my $60 on that instead. I can wait. (kinda)

Spartan005
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Hm. Never go into any of the Tom Clancy games although I am playing the "Rainbow Six: Vegas" demo for 360 and i find it ok, nothing to get hysterical over. The graphics are great but the bloom effect is overused. Something i've been seeing alot in alot of these xbox360 games. But FPS are my thing. Guess i kinda got to get used to TC games.

And i'm assuming Splinter Cell is kinda like "R6:V" so i think i'll wait till G.O.W. on the 8th of nov. and spend my $60 on that instead. I can wait. (kinda)

Splinter Cell and R6V are two completely different games...

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Spartan005
Splinter Cell and R6V are two completely different games...

That's not completely true. They're both about tactical strategy and the overuse of stealth to kill terrorist and/or prevent terrorism.

AstroFan
I agree, if you say R6 and SC are alike, you obviously dont know SC.

Spartan005
That's not completely true. They're both about tactical strategy and the overuse of stealth to kill terrorist and/or prevent terrorism.

Uhh... yeah, but SC is all about stealth action with the occasional run up and knife a guy part..... meanwhile R6 is an fps mainly about teamwork and smart tactical decisions... its not really stealth

WrathfulDwarf
The Shangai mission totally kicked ass! Anyone else grab the guy from the 12th floor building and threw him into the street? That was so friggin amazing! love it! I'm noticing that there are options to finish a mission and keeping the double agent bar pretty even. In the frozen ship mission you get option to poison the ventilation system to kill the crew. I took a different approach. Instead of mass killing I opted to use stealth attack on all the crew. It was a longer route but I gain more stealth points. ninja

PVS
im stuck on the part after you have to choose whether or not to snipe the cia agent from the radio tower. i go down the zip line, and according to the map the only way to advance past that pain in the ass battle field is where the helecopter crashed...but i cant find a way without being burned messed wtf am i missing?

J-Beowulf

Overuse of stealth? In Rainbow Six you blast the hell out of everybody.

El_NINO
Originally posted by PVS
im stuck on the part after you have to choose whether or not to snipe the cia agent from the radio tower. i go down the zip line, and according to the map the only way to advance past that pain in the ass battle field is where the helecopter crashed...but i cant find a way without being burned messed wtf am i missing?

Oh wow... I thought I was the only one stuck here for a while. I figured it out tho, if you look at your 3d map you can see where you are by your name and where your buddy is by his name. Anyways, when you get out of the burning building you will have to make your way thru the battlefield where the Military in Kinshea (spelling) are fighting the Militia. To get to the captured terrorist which you need alive, you have to go opposite of where the Military is firing from, almost like going North East. So ya you have to go past the burned heli and out the door of the burning building. Hope that helps.

AstroFan
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
The Shangai mission totally kicked ass! Anyone else grab the guy from the 12th floor building and threw him into the street? That was so friggin amazing! love it! I'm noticing that there are options to finish a mission and keeping the double agent bar pretty even. In the frozen ship mission you get option to poison the ventilation system to kill the crew. I took a different approach. Instead of mass killing I opted to use stealth attack on all the crew. It was a longer route but I gain more stealth points. ninja

I just did that, dropping the guy from the room was sweeeeeet. stick out tongue

Now im at the JBA again, I cant figure out the mines.

Rewmac
Well I just got the game...I have big hopes for it...Really...Interesting story, rogue Fisher this adds so much new to ther series.

PVS
Originally posted by El_NINO
Oh wow... I thought I was the only one stuck here for a while. I figured it out tho, if you look at your 3d map you can see where you are by your name and where your buddy is by his name. Anyways, when you get out of the burning building you will have to make your way thru the battlefield where the Military in Kinshea (spelling) are fighting the Militia. To get to the captured terrorist which you need alive, you have to go opposite of where the Military is firing from, almost like going North East. So ya you have to go past the burned heli and out the door of the burning building. Hope that helps.

no, it doesnt help at all.

PVS
ok figured it out. you have to crawl through the back door of the helecopter. i just didnt see it before. finally beat the game

El_NINO
Originally posted by PVS
no, it doesnt help at all.

Oh well wink

PVS
seemed a very abrupt ending.
i just couldnt bring myself to kill lambert so i blew my cover and cleaned house.

i hope they dont go with the story line that sam killed lambert in the next splinter cell. it just wouldnt be the same without his voice

El_NINO
Actually PVS,

I did the opposite of what you did first and youll be surprised that he still lives but keep in mind I shot him in the leg. I also replayed that level and blew my cover to see what would happen, so either way he lives. I love the bonus level where if you sneek up behind Moss and try to grab him they do a small fight to the death and Sam ends up winning.

PVS
*snap*

i love that scene big grin

Smasandian
Good game, but I have a few problems with it.

First, the sound mixing is shite. Maybe its me, but I couldnt hear any of the voices during a mission because of all the surrouding noise. It's pretty annoying not knowing where to go or who to kill because of the horrible mixing.

Second, the singleplayer is weak. I hate how the used the complex as 4 bloody missions. Overall, the action and gameplay is still top notch but I wish they added a few more missions that are not in the terriost headquarters. Not very good at all. The other mission on the otherhand were still pretty damn good.

The graphics were good, but not as good as some XBOX 360 games, especially the npc's animations.

Overall, good game but not great.

AstroFan
Originally posted by PVS
*snap*

i love that scene big grin

You ever gonna play the multiplayer PVS?

PVS
possibly tonight.

should i bother? i mean is it fun or just a pain in the ass?

AstroFan
I love it, I pretty much forgotten about the single player.

PVS
ok, ill check it out soon. see you if your on

PVS
ok, tried multiplayer....hated it. sad

i guess i'll see you on g.o.w.

but whatever, i dont feel jipped, since i bought the game assuming i wouldnt like the multiplayer. the campaign alone (however limited in maps) made it worth the money.

Tonnochi
I bought this for full price, ONLY NINE MISSIONS! DONT BUY UNTIL THE PRICE IS DOWN!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.