Can Married People Flirt

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

A.D. Skinner
Okay...

So I am curious as to whether or not this is accepted in today's world. Should married people flirt ?

Flirting is just another way of communicating is it not. To be friendly to those you might like, or to break the ice so to speak.

I am married, and I tend to flirt. With even those that I don't know.

Now the wife accepts this part of me, just wondering what you all think?

Princess-Puppy~
No......

A.D. Skinner
But why is this action only allowed for single people.

What is considered flirting these days ? Can a "Hello" be construed as flirting ???

_Sanctuary_
It depends what you see as flirting no expression "hello" is not flirting!

A.D. Skinner
No, I don't consider "Hello" as flirting.

But an advance on someone, now this I would consider flirting.

Princess-Puppy~
Your wife might think the person you're flirting with is the 1 you love! She'll devolse you!

A.D. Skinner
laughing out loud Actually she would. But my wife and I have a very open relationship. She flirts and I flirt...

We find it both healthy in our relationship, as long as it is not taken too far.

BackFire
Yeah, it's accepted by some. I generally think it's a bad idea, myself.

A.D. Skinner
Backfire ! Good to see ya ! Been awhile.

Thanks for putting in your two cents big grin

BackFire
Yo, good to see you too man.

Storm
An exchange of admiring glances or a bit of lighthearted flirtatious banter can brighten the day, raise self-esteem and strengthen social bonds.

It makes sense to exercise a degree of caution with people who are married or attached. Most people in long-term relationships can cope with a bit of admiration, and may even benefit from knowing that others find them or their partners attractive, but couples differ in their tolerance of flirtatious behaviour, and it is important to be alert to signs of discomfort or distress.

Men have a tendency to mistake friendly behaviour for sexual flirting, because they tend to see the world in more sexual terms than women. Women are naturally more socially skilled than men, better at interpreting people' s behaviour and responding appropriately.

Women need to be careful to avoid sending ambiguous signals in interactions with married men, and men need to be aware that married/attached males may misinterpret friendly behaviour towards their wives/girlfriends. Otherwise, light-hearted flirtation is both harmless and enjoyable.

Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam.

XANA_Mar
Flirting is okay.
Sex...not okay.

WindDancer
Absolutely NOT! That is so disrepectful to your partner. No wonder people are filling for divorce each year. They don't respect their marriages.

Bloigen
Originally posted by _Sanctuary_
It depends what you see as flirting no expression "hello" is not flirting!

I'll hello you baby.

XANA_Mar
Originally posted by WindDancer
Absolutely NOT! That is so disrepectful to your partner. No wonder people are filling for divorce each year. They don't respect their marriages.

I'm not marrid! sick

A.D. Skinner
Originally posted by Storm
An exchange of admiring glances or a bit of lighthearted flirtatious banter can brighten the day, raise self-esteem and strengthen social bonds.

It makes sense to exercise a degree of caution with people who are married or attached. Most people in long-term relationships can cope with a bit of admiration, and may even benefit from knowing that others find them or their partners attractive, but couples differ in their tolerance of flirtatious behaviour, and it is important to be alert to signs of discomfort or distress.

Men have a tendency to mistake friendly behaviour for sexual flirting, because they tend to see the world in more sexual terms than women. Women are naturally more socially skilled than men, better at interpreting people' s behaviour and responding appropriately.

Women need to be careful to avoid sending ambiguous signals in interactions with married men, and men need to be aware that married/attached males may misinterpret friendly behaviour towards their wives/girlfriends. Otherwise, light-hearted flirtation is both harmless and enjoyable.

Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam.

A very good response, from someone that I consider to be a highly intelligent individual. ( Hi Storm !!! big grin )

Flirting is not disresptful to one's partner, if he/she is doing with their consent. And once again, it proposes the ultimate question, "What is considered Flirting?"

What if a married man opens the door for a woman? ( Although his wife might say that this is romantic, is he then being a pig by doing it for another woman, or simply a gentlemen? )

_Sanctuary_
Originally posted by Bloigen
I'll hello you baby.
There are too many people like this in the world!

A.D. Skinner
Originally posted by WindDancer

I honestly doubt that people file for divorce because their partner flirts.

I think there are more deeper reasons why the divorce rate in this country is so high !!!

debbiejo
Originally posted by Storm

Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam. I tend to agree, though many men can become confused by it............Otherwise, I think it's fun.....But also, it can lead to stronger feelings.....which can be confusing to both involved...

tabby999
i think "breaking the ice" and flirting are two entirely different things. i can be pleasent to a chick without trying to pick her up. if i was in a relationship i wouldn't flirt, i wouldn't want my girlfriend to flirt, even if it was "innocent" i dont see there to be a need, you know it only leads one way

BobbyD
Yes, as long as it doesn't become physical. Married men and women do this everyday at the work place in pure innocent conversation.

debbiejo
NEVER FLIRT WHEN YOU KNOW YOU AND THE OTHER IS INTO ANOTHER RELATIONSHIP.......THERE WILL ALWAYS BE LOOSERS......ALWAYS....

DarkC
Depends on your own opinion of flirting.

DanieLs_4_Ever
Originally posted by A.D. Skinner
Okay...

So I am curious as to whether or not this is accepted in today's world. Should married people flirt ?

Flirting is just another way of communicating is it not. To be friendly to those you might like, or to break the ice so to speak.

Well it depends on what you consider flirting and borderline flirting. A little helpless chatting and innocent talk to someone else of the opposite sex that strikes your interest is fine, but as far as hitting on and touching and such...that's not right in my opinion.

DarkC
When I read the title at first I thought it was "Can Married People Fart". bag

ResubianNushi
Yes, we can flirt. Or else I'd die from suffocation.

§P0oONY
100% of flirting is actually done by choice, so I think it is okay for married people to flirt with other to a certain extent, there is a lot of flirting that goes on and the person doing it is completely unaware; moistening of the lips, pupils getting larger. I do think that if a married person goes as far as any thing that is done consciously then that, I think, shouldn't be done.

Barker
Yes, Married People Have The Ablility To Flirt, But That Doesn't Mean That They Should.

kmcdude
Okay...

No it's not.I am all for the banging ad that,but if you need to flirt with other females apart from your wife,then you should not really be married in my opinion,but I guess it is how far the flirting goes....As there are all different levels of flirting....I dont think there is anything wrong with having a quick look at an atractive female walking down the street.......but anything else,No.

Frozen kisses
Okay...

Yes and no..

if it harmless flirting on both sides then yes its okay..

but if say one of the person has the hots for you then its not ok..because normally then are accepting more of you..

also its also not okay if your other half hates it..

TwisterGameX
No

*lizziekk*
why dont you just flirt with your wife/husband? but otherwise flirtings ok... as long as your not just doing it to rub your wife/husbands face in it after a big arguement

A.D. Skinner
Well, from what I have read, it seems that there is a mixed reponse from this question.

People seem to think that flirting is okay, just as long as it isn't taken to far ( and my opinion...flirting taken too far would be construde as cheating on your spouse ). I have never taken a flirt over the line of no return. No one can honestly say that they don't flirt with someone else if they are married. Even if you are walking down the street or in the mall and your eyes happen to catch someone attractive...You have just flirted with that person !

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.