Black Canary Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dman2008
Okay in Birds of Prey Shiva asked Canary to become her aprentice and learn from her for a year. Canry said that she wouldhave to think about it.

so lets say she accepts Shiva's offer and goes to train with her and the rest of the League of Assasins for a year.
How far will she get in this gauntlet

She heals after every fight, and has 2 days of prep.

1. Savant and Creote
2. Huntress and Robin
3. Green Arrow 1and 2
4. Batman
5. Batgirl
6. Daredevil
7. Elecktra
8. Capatin America
9. Iron Fist
10. Wolverine
11. Spiderman

I beleive she gets up to number ten

dman2008
Bump

spetznaz
Originally posted by dman2008
Okay in Birds of Prey Shiva asked Canary to become her aprentice and learn from her for a year. Canry said that she wouldhave to think about it.

so lets say she accepts Shiva's offer and goes to train with her and the rest of the League of Assasins for a year.
How far will she get in this gauntlet

She heals after every fight, and has 2 days of prep.

1. Savant and Creote
2. Huntress and Robin
3. Green Arrow 1and 2
4. Batman
5. Batgirl
6. Daredevil
7. Elecktra
8. Capatin America
9. Iron Fist
10. Wolverine
11. Spiderman

I beleive she gets up to number ten

First of all there is a slight discrepancy in no. 3,4,5 and 6.
GA2 (if you mean Connor Hawke) is one of the best martial artists out there, is a Silver Monkey (head of a kungfu cult), and can give Richard Dragon a very nice workout. He shouldn't be at no.3
Batman has already been too much for DareDevil (DD couldn't even sense him with his enhanced hearing or smell ...while Batman was sneaking up on him. He had to rely on his radar sense to get a bearing on Bats).
Batgirl should be more than enough for DareDevil (especially considering how the deaf girl Echo (Maya Lopez) wiped the floor with Murdock like he was a joke .....now imagine what Cassandra Cain, with abilities that trump Echo's, would do to DD. Echo could only ape the moves that she saw, yet with that she managed to whip DD. Imagine what Cassie could do since she can also ape moves, but she is also a top echelon martial artist with moves that are analogous to anything Shiva can do ....plus she can read body movement and know what someone will do before they do it).
As for Elektra .....

....anyways, I digress.

The point is, however you write up the list, Canary wouldn't get past Batgirl (Cassandra).
Why?
Because no matter how good she got the best she could get is Shiva/Cassandra level.
And even then she would lose to Cassie unless she learnt to also read body movement, and that would be difficult to know in one year.
Shiva may have the ability to make someone re-learn that ability (eg how she helped Cassie get that ability back), but teaching someone who never had it to start with is another game (eg she trained Tim Drake for a while, and also trained Bruce Wayne once he was trying to get the mantle of the Batman back from Azrael and needed to 'know' how to really fight again ...but neither ever learnt how to be precognitive of what other people will do. They all got superfast reactions, but not the whole quasi-psychic mojo Batgirl has).

Thus however you make the list Canary doesn't get past Batgirl.
She may get beaten by Batgirl, and she may tie with Batgirl (huge maybe .....in my book Canary gets thrashed) .....but she will not get PAST Batgirl.

p.s: I still don't agree with the list.

olympian
She wouldnt get past Connor Hawke.

But for fun lets just say its his daddy.

She gets to number four. Then loses against the rest.

King KAM
Captain america should be first, and then she would get no where, Cap dont lose fights, that dude is a boss hog, straight savage, he will kick the shit out of her and then shiva, and then shove a pole up both of their ass with an american flag attached, FOR JUSTICE!

yugotank
Hey spetznaz . Batman sneaking up on Daredaevil is just poor writing. Daredevil could hear him , smell him . radar him or just feel him via air movement or bodyheat... Batman can sneak up on Superman only cause Superman is just a retard aided by poor writing. When Daredevil and Echo went at it Daredevil was holding back cause he had the hots for her! ( he always holds back against chics )......Black Canary stops at 2 !!!!

The Fake Macoy
Doesn't Canary get the Canary Cry? That gives her a big advantage against some of these guys. Still, 3's just too much, I mean, it's 2 v 1. That's not good for her, she'll lose there more often than not.

tkitna
Seriously, she could be stopped at 2. If not, I dont see her going much further.

Superherovandal
it doesn't say that she doesn't have the canary cry so yeah she should get up to 10

tkitna
Originally posted by Superherovandal
it doesn't say that she doesn't have the canary cry so yeah she should get up to 10

This true. I was basing my decision on purely H2H for some reason.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.