Aquaman: Sword of Atlantis creative team revealed...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lucid Lui
Newsarama Interview
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/9392/aquamansoacover4gz.jpg

Well, that sure is... interesting news to say the least.

it's very dissapointing to find out your favourite character's being replaced as the main focus of the title. But hey, it was either this or Aquaman being cancelled altogether. And it's not the end of Orin either. He'll be around. I'm a bit iffy when it comes to the sword and sorcery style genre. But when it's done well, it can be great. So hopefully this is that good. Busiek's a great writer and the art looks amazing. I'm looking forward to it...

The Ion
Give me Orin or give me death!

Lucid Lui
I'm guessing that wizard dude'll turn out to br Arion...

roughrider
Despite change after change - beard, harpoon, magic hand etc. - it seems Aquaman is failing to click with people. Pushing him off the stage alltogether? My my. Going into Roy Thomas territory with this sword & sorcery angle...

Namor rules!

SnakeEyes
Never liked Aquaman, so I could care less about what they do with his character. wink

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by The Ion
Give me Orin or give me death! There's some theorizing that the "Dweller in the Depths" character might turn out to be Orin. Based pretty much on the fact that in the image he has a Triton and you can't see his left hand. I doubt it though. That dude's supposed to be a sorcerer, and Orin ain't no sorcerer. Who knows what could happen during OYL though. It's possible...

ScarletSpider
Busiek's not doing away with Orin altogether, but for awhile, the story of Atlantis is going to be focusing on someone else. I'll be picking it up.

Blair Wind
hahaha...reminds me of a pic i found once...wait here it is:

goku-vs-superma
I rather like the mystic/magic aspect to atlantis. I was starting to find aquaman dull, but once tempest started getting ito sorcerery and orin traded in his harpoon for the enchanted water hand thingy I really got interested.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.