The Grand Army of the Republic vS Imperial Stormtroopers.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Using their weapons from their respective eras.

Se7in
Grand Army. They had far superior training. After the Clone Wars, there was no main enemy, therefore no need for a great army, and let a bunch of ragtag nobodies join the army. Stormtroopers couldn't hit rookie Luke from 10 feet away. Clones did quite a good job killing Jedi, albeit they mainly used trickery, deception, and advantage of numbers. Regardless, Stormtroopers outnumbered Luke and couldn't take him and lost to an army of stuff animals.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Se7in
Grand Army. They had far superior training. After the Clone Wars, there was no main enemy, therefore no need for a great army, and let a bunch of ragtag nobodies join the army. Stormtroopers couldn't hit rookie Luke from 10 feet away. Clones did quite a good job killing Jedi, albeit they mainly used trickery, deception, and advantage of numbers. Regardless, Stormtroopers outnumbered Luke and couldn't take him and lost to an army of stuff animals.

I'd have to disagree. The Rebel Allaiance was a far greater enemy/threat than the CIS was.

Se7in
I disagree. CIS far outnumbers the Clones. CIS was a standing army. The Rebel Alliance managed to, thanks to almost a single Jedi, destroy the Empire's most powerful weapon. CIS faced an army of Jedi and fared relatively well. The Rebels could never stand up to the Empires army at any standing location. Case and point would be Hoth. The Rebels were able to fight thanks to small strikes and espionage tactics.

mace=badass
By the time of the empire, the clones were pretty much all killed, the empire just got a whole bunch of recruits to fill their places. I'm saying the Republic wins. Oh, by the way, does the republic include Jedi?

jollyjim311
Empire outnumbers them and wouldn't have the ground battles as much. The Empire would most likely just bombard the crap outta Republic planets. I say Empire.

overlord
Damn.. Those stormtroopers were all a bunch of fools. The clones of the galaxies greatest bounty hunter would certainly kick their butts.

But as for numbers, the empire probably take it.

Zarathustra
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Empire outnumbers them and wouldn't have the ground battles as much. The Empire would most likely just bombard the crap outta Republic planets. I say Empire.
Well, because Storm-Troopers are supposedly crack troops, there's not likely to be a tonne of them. Also, as the question refers to Storm-Troopers, not the Imperial Navy, and Stormtroopers are ground troops who don't pilot starships, they have no capacity whatsoever to bombard planets from space.
The Grand Army of the Republic, however, seems inexplicably to include Star Destroyers, ships designed like attack-helicopters (which seem far more maneuverable than anything Stormtroopers have), and starfighters. Strange, because I'm sure that fighters and Star Destroyers should fit under the category of Navy or Air Force.

rikeen
this one would be the empire. both are headed by the smartest sw character ever. but the latter has more experience and power. so i say the empire. +they hav frickin THRAWN.

Escape81
The Grand Army of The Republic also implies vehicles and such. If this is the case, then it is one sided. If both are alloted their entire militaries and forces, the Empire will win. Militaristically, the Empire is the most powerful regime/empire/government in the Star Wars universe, Expanded or otherwise.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.