Spider-Man vs Jedi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Decay
not actually a real fight but whos precog abilities are better in combat, spidermans spider sense, or a jedis ability to "see things before they happen"? any jedi you like, standard jedi, councel level or even yoda.

wolverine8888
mace windu ability to do so is the highest out of all the jedi so I assuming he should have a better one then spiderman

Scoobless
I'd say a Jedi's was slightly better... but Spider-Man can move so much faster than a Jedi that his speed makes up for any difference

maybe.... hmmmm.... i'd have to think about this more (too tired right now)

jollyjim311
Well actually, most Jedi can use the force to make themselves faster, in which case the Jedi are faster than Spider-Man.

Examples: Yoda, Episode II and III when he is fighting, or Qui Gon and Obi Wan in the beginning of Episode I when they run away from the Droidekas.

wolverine8888
but mace is the best

Scoobless
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Well actually, most Jedi can use the force to make themselves faster, in which case the Jedi are faster than Spider-Man. .

no chance.... they can make themselves faster than human (or whatever species they are) by a little bit.... but not to the same degree as Spider-Man

NoFate007
If they were to fight, Spider-Man loses. If this is a "protect as many people as possible in 10 minutes" thing, Spider-Man wins because he is more agile than Jedi. As for who is faster - if you had them in a running race, Jedi win with Force Speed. If you had them in a global long distance thing where stamina is key, Spider-Man wins, because a Jedi using Force Speed no doubt tires himself out seeing as it would take a lot out of him. Idk where the "Mace's is the best" thing came in, if he had the best precog he'd have seen Anakin's betrayal and have blocked that attack. But still, a Jedi overall would kill Spider-Man, but in certain categories, Parker has an edge.

DigiMark007
Sheer pre-cog, SM loses. Jedi can see the future on occasion through visions, and can do anything Parker's spider-sense can.

Make sure this stays on topic...if it had been a normal battle with a SW character, it would be moved/closed by now.

Scoobless
Digi..... your new sig and avatar suck ballz.... just thought i should let you know

spiderboy5
Originally posted by wolverine8888
but mace is the best yoda could kick windu's ass anytime

house
but the jedi must have to be tuned in and actually in a fight for their pre-cog to work because they didnt see order 66 coming....

freezedoom
Jedi all the way.

Swanky-Tuna
I'm not sure... the order 66 situation showed that a spidersense would of helped a lot more than jedi pre-cog.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Scoobless
Digi..... your new sig and avatar suck ballz.... just thought i should let you know

!?

What's wrong with Grape Ape? Classic cartoons kick ass.

ah well...you're probably right, but I'm too lazy to change it right now. I have a couple others waiting in the works that I'll switch to soon. In the meantime, you'll just have to deal with stupid purple monkeys... stick out tongue

jollyjim311
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
I'm not sure... the order 66 situation showed that a spidersense would of helped a lot more than jedi pre-cog.

What do you mean? Most of them sensed it. Plo Koon looked up from his ship before he was gunned down. Ki Adi Mundi turned around and deflected shots, Yoda decapitated two clone commanders...

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by jollyjim311
What do you mean? Most of them sensed it. Plo Koon looked up from his ship before he was gunned down. Ki Adi Mundi turned around and deflected shots, Yoda decapitated two clone commanders...
I don't recall Plo Koon's exact death scene but the troopers behind Ki Adi Mundi cocked their laser rifles and Yoda's a twink. What about Aayla Secura? They just shot her into the friggen ground. Spiderman would of Junior Birdmaned his butt out of the way of the shots.

jollyjim311
Plo Koons death was in his Jedi starfighter. Aaayla's group in particular was very loyal to her, more then just coworkers, so to speak, but friends. They cought her off guard and shot her in the back. She probably realized a second of a fraction too late to block the shots.

Swanky-Tuna
I remember how Plo Koon died but I don't remember many details about it like I remember the guns cocking before Ki Adi Mundi turned around.

jollyjim311
Well, Ki Adi led the charge, the troopers didn't follow, he turned around with a worried look. Then the troopers fired at him. Guess what Ki did. Really, guess. He used Jedi precog to see where the lasers were gonna be fired and deflected some before being gang banged.

Swanky-Tuna
Yeah, I'm not saying it doesn't work. I'm saying it seems to suck against surprises like order 66.

jollyjim311
They were defiantly off guard, yes. It actually depends on the individual Jedi. Some are better than others. Against a surprise of that magnitude it wasn't as good because they had completely let their guard down (after all, they were fighting along side with these same clones for 3 years, then outta the blue, they clones gang bang them) and weren't reading the clones mind for suspicious behavior and they were facing the other way.

Decay
i dont mean precog as in ability to see distant events or anything like that. combat precog, a jedi sees things before they happen, like anakin with his pod racing. thats why that seem to have such great reflexes. so does their ability to see what danger is comming in the moment, beat spidermans. if they were both being shot at would the spidersense or the jedi precog see where the shot was heading pick it up first.

also i think spider-man could take an average jedi in combat, he wouldnt try and go head to head and a jedi has no real ranged attacks other than force push, or throwing an object at him. hed wear them down and a nice 10 ton punch would take them down. someone like yoda or anakin would probably take him down though.

bombdigie
Peter Parker is thousands of times as intelligent as any Jedi. Parker would destroy the Jedi and be the greatest Sith Lord of all time. You silly Jedi fan boys are so clueless and oblivious to the superior intellect of Parker. You put a light sabre in Parker's hands, game over man, game over!

Flyattractor
This all really depends on what little bit of Star Wars Continuity your looking at. Some of the jedi stuff in the EU really can put spidey to shame.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.