Whom was Anakin (Jedi Knight) closer to the most: Palpatine or Obi Wan Kenobi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Who did he look at as more of a brother or father more?

jollyjim311
Well, to start off he had more trust in Obi Wan. But Palpatine poisoned his mind into thinking that the Jedi, including Obi Wan, were treacherous. As a Jedi Knight, for the most part he would seek opinions from either one, but Obi Wan was with him more often, so I'll say Obi Wan was more like a brother to him.

Palpatine was more like a teacher/councilor to Anakin, he gave him help and guidance and even told him how to save his love, but this was in the latter days of "Anakin's" life.

xyz jedi
I think Sids. And it's who. Whom is only when with or to is in front of it.

For eg.

I find with whom doing this! To whom is this?

and.

Who are you? Who did he mean? Who was more like the other?

Not whom. Learn the defenitions. Go to this site dictionary.com okay.

overlord
I actually believe Obi Wan but Sidious set him up against him.. erm

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by xyz jedi

For eg.

and.

Who is used where a nominative pronoun such as I or he would be appropriate, that is, for the subject of a verb or for a predicate nominative; whom is used for a direct or indirect object or for the object of a preposition. Thus, we write the actor who played Hamlet was there, since who is the subject of played; and Whom do you like best? because whom is the object of the verb like and To whom did you give the letter? because whom is the object of the preposition to. Dictionary.com

Obi Wan Kenobi and Chancellor Palpatine are the direct object. professor xyz, but I digress.

I say Anakin looks at Obi Wan as a brother and Palpatine as his father/grandfather. But whom he trusts more is a mystery to me.

Rising Jedi
I guess Obi-Wan had a hard time to get along with Anakin...because Obi was his mentor, and as Padme once said: "all mentors see more of our faults than we would like to"...but Palpatine knew how to "win" Anakin`s trust, telling him that he was the most powerful jedi ever, that he should be on the council or assigned for a mission, that sort of thing...and so, that`s how Anakin ended going on Palpatine`s side...

Besides what weighted more here was the fact that the jedi didn`t offer anakin the chance of saving his wife...

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Palpatine was more like a teacher/councilor to Anakin, he gave him help and guidance and even told him how to save his love, but this was in the latter days of "Anakin's" life.

But the "ROTS" novel wrote that Anakin would tell Palpatine things he wouldn't even tell Obi Wan. This he wouldn't say, even to Padme.

And that's what I meant. During the latter days of Anakin's life. Which was during the Clone Wars where he had utmost exposure to both Obi Wan and Palpatine. When he was a (Jedi Knight), as the question asked.

mace=badass
Anakin liked Palpatine more than Mace, and when he saw Mace trying to kill Palpatine and "learning" the Jedi were evil, he lost respect for Obi- Wan. So I say Anakin liked Palpatine more. It also gave Anakin pity for Palpatine.

exanda kane
Obi-Wan was definetly closer. But he was his master, and therefore had to be strict etc.

Sidious told Anakin what he wanted to here, thus eventually poisoning his mind.

Captain REX
Originally posted by xyz jedi

For eg.

and.

Aaaaaaah shut up.

I believe he was closer to Obi-Wan.

darthvader_fan
CHANCELLOR PALPATINE

DUH

Captain REX
Palpatine was more fatherly to Anakin, but Obi-Wan was more of a brother. Palpatine just manipulated Anakin and put ideas in his head; Obi-Wan truely cared for him and wished the best for him and so on.

darthvader_fan
Originally posted by Captain REX
Palpatine was more fatherly to Anakin, but Obi-Wan was more of a brother. Palpatine just manipulated Anakin and put ideas in his head; Obi-Wan truely cared for him and wished the best for him and so on. yea i agree with you

Darth Zhin
Originally posted by darthvader_fan
yea i agree with you

Idem, I concur

darthvader_fan
speak english man

Darth Zhin
I agree with you....

happy now? big grin

darthvader_fan
k

DrDoom101
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Who did he look at as more of a brother or father more?

did you not watch ROTS at all? You should be able to know that Palpatine was closer than Obi-Wan

exanda kane
Have you not read any of the EU before RotS?

Obi-Wan is closer. Had that been Obi-Wan who was about to defeat Sidius, Anakin would'nt have hacked his arm off.

xyz jedi
Anakin went on Palpy's side, rather than OB1's so there. Who=question. Whom=proper noun where you don't know the name.

exanda kane
The day XYZ Jedi flames people about punctuation and grammar is a sad day for everyone...

And imagine Obi had gone to arrest the Chancellor instead of Mace, had duelled him in the same chamber and eventually bested him and was preparing for a final strike. Would Anakin arrive and chop off Obi-Wan's arm? No. He would most probably not let Obi-Wan strike him down, but he would maim him.

xyz jedi
Originally posted by exanda kane
The day XYZ Jedi flames people about punctuation and grammar is a sad day for everyone...

And imagine Obi had gone to arrest the Chancellor instead of Mace, had duelled him in the same chamber and eventually bested him and was preparing for a final strike. Would Anakin arrive and chop off Obi-Wan's arm? No. He would most probably not let Obi-Wan strike him down, but he would maim him. WTF?

exanda kane
yes?
and just because you can now use html doesnt mean that your forgiven for your noobishness...

and for heaven sake read the other posts before posting idiotically.

xyz jedi
troll. You know nothing.

exanda kane
pardon? have you any proof? people like you do not do the UK any favours! cool

xyz jedi
No. It's **** like you bringing the average down. That's why we're Great Britain not Amazing Britain. Now back on topic.

I think Sidious for obvious reasons.

exanda kane
Look if you wanna be an arse then PM me (if you actually no how to do that) and stop destroying this thread! I mean, you can't even speak english!

xyz jedi
Back on topic.

Sids for obvious reasons.

exanda kane
State them. Go on; make a post longer than one standard sentence.

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by exanda kane
Have you not read any of the EU before RotS?

Obi-Wan is closer. Had that been Obi-Wan who was about to defeat Sidius, Anakin would'nt have hacked his arm off.

EU does not count here.

exanda kane
Then this thread does not count and it is unfair.

xyz jedi
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
EU does not count here. yep. Sids =closer.

exanda kane
How? Give me some reason and I'll consider your opinion

xyz jedi
Anakin looks up o Sids. He always did what he said.

exanda kane
He looked up to Obi-Wan aswell.

Of course, he did do what Palpatine said but thats only because Plpatine told him what he wanted to hear; the easy option.

random task
palpatine did say everything that anakin wanted to hear. the degree of manipulation by the emperor was so great that you would think ani is closer to him than obi-wan. the chancellor acted as counsel for ani. he was comforting. he re-assured ani and made him feel better about himself. he made it seem that ani was being held back by every other jedi. he is the one but they did nor grant him the rank of master. i'd go f*cking crazy too.

obi and ani fought side by side during the clone wars. they depended on each other. that's what made them closer. i wouldn't want somebody "protecting" me if i didn't trust them completely. they fight well together. and obi has great respect for ani. but it's his job to be an assh*le to him. he has to teach ani, and sometimes ani just needed to learn the hard way. you can tell obi also looked up to ani the way he talks about him when he's not around. he praises him, his skills.

i say obi-wan...

jollyjim311
Originally posted by Captain REX
Palpatine was more fatherly to Anakin, but Obi-Wan was more of a brother. Palpatine just manipulated Anakin and put ideas in his head; Obi-Wan truely cared for him and wished the best for him and so on.

This is the truth, but is that what Anakin thought? Not really.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.