Which is the best site to download free music.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Just got a Video Ipod from sis as a college-grad present. Blk/30g. I wanna fill it up.

jaden101
if you insist on being a thief then limewire for individual tunes and bittorrent (torrentspy.com) for whole albums

although you should just pay for your music

Lana
Illegal talk is not allowed on the forums.

jaden101
oops...sorry...didn't realise

Lana
It was aimed more at the thread starter.

Alpha Centauri
Actually makes me feel physically sick that some people would easily steal 30gb of someone's work.

-AC

PVS
so dramatic

Alpha Centauri
I was exaggerating. It doesn't make me feel physically sick.

Just metaphorically sick. But hey, haha. Who'd have thought that thieving would be someone's pet peeve eh? Bit outlandish I do agree.

-AC

manny321
Well its hard to resist when you can get almost any song in less then a few minutes. I have around 62 songs downloaded for free.
The reason people do it is not because its free its very very fast and efficient.

Now with all these Mp3 players it actually has gotten much easier for people to listen to thier music which they got for free. Before you had to copy it on to a disc now its just transfer it to a mp3 player.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Actually makes me feel physically sick that some people would easily steal 30gb of someone's work.

-AC

You must throw up alot. I think there are 60G Ipods that people fill up.

You're right, though. That would be thievery on my part, and a crook I am not. I'd would, after all, hate for someone to steal my art. Therefore, I will not go into any site and steal music. And I personally and formally renounce this thread.

manny321
I don't steal music from struggling stars but if its like Madonna or some big name star it won't affect them at all so who cares.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by manny321
Well its hard to resist when you can get almost any song in less then a few minutes. I have around 62 songs downloaded for free.
The reason people do it is not because its free its very very fast and efficient.

Now with all these Mp3 players it actually has gotten much easier for people to listen to thier music which they got for free. Before you had to copy it on to a disc now its just transfer it to a mp3 player.

It's not hard to resist is it?

"I could download all this stuff for free and rip people off....but I won't."

End.

I have a full iPod. I've paid for everything on it. As for saying "It's not gonna affect them at all so who cares?" I bet the guy who dropped the first piece of litter said the same thing.

It's not a matter of whether they're already wealthy or not.

-AC

whobdamandog
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Just got a Video Ipod from sis as a college-grad present. Blk/30g. I wanna fill it up.

Best way is to buy it. Particularly since the FBI as well as the Record/Media companies are cracking down on sharing pirated MP3's Divx..digital media/etc. A lot of the media companies are actually posing as "file sharing" services etc to catch people. I think you can get about a 1000 dollar fine now here in the states and possible jail time.

jaden101
there is a flip side to the argument...many artists use file sharing as a means to get themselves heard...on the slim chance that they do have commercial success partly on the back of the file sharing networks then where do they stand when people start downloading their stuff rather than paying for it?

manny321
Thats way i download because i am in Canada the courts actually have supported Filesharing.

In my opinion the internet is to big to stop it. PLus you think i am bad atleast i have quite a few CD i bought and still watch movie at theaters and buy proper DVDs and games. At my high school there are some serious pirates. They are the ones messing up the industry.

whobdamandog
Nothing wrong with sharing one's personal created media via file sharing..the law pretty much is just against those who share copyrighted material. So if an individual owns/created the media, it isn't against the law for them to share it. Soo anyway..Mass sharing of copyrighted material..that one did not create/own..is against the law.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by jaden101
there is a flip side to the argument...many artists use file sharing as a means to get themselves heard...on the slim chance that they do have commercial success partly on the back of the file sharing networks then where do they stand when people start downloading their stuff rather than paying for it?

Using the net to advertise doesn't mean you're automatically giving people the green light to download your stuff.

In the event that some bands or artist do not care, that's their choice. Doesn't mean it's not wrong to do it or that they are saying they prefer it.

It's not ok to do that.

If one person owns the music and says "Fine, treat my art like free currency" it's their own problem. They can't expect it to change when they don't like it.

Artists who generally say "I don't care as long as people hear me" are artists who are struggling to get big, failing to realise that when they do get big, they need to money to maintain their careers.

Either way, there's not credible flipside to the argument.

-AC

manny321
Yeah who wanst to pay $14 for A CD and no not every song is on itunes.

Alpha Centauri
So your mentality is "Why pay for what you can get for free?"

In that case, why do you not go into stores and steal? Oh yes, because you'd get caught. It's still stealing, it's just harder to crack down on.

iTunes have most things, while we're on the record. The odd band is missing, but that's a bit minute considering they have nearly every genre and subgenre you could possibly want.

If you want something, you should pay for it. Unless it's legally free.

-AC

Snoopbert
What kind of retard would buy a 60 GB Ipod?

Averages for videos: 12 mb, averages for MP3's: 3 mb. Gigabyte is 1024 megabytes.

You can fit:
20480 songs (On average an album is 20 songs: You'd need 1024 albums to fill it up).

OR

5120 Videos.

How the hell are you going to get all of that. I pity the retard that buys one.

Alpha Centauri
Hahaha I agree, cos buying lots of music is the action of a retard.

Oh wait...

-AC

Snoopbert
That's not what I said AC. I said buying something you will most likely never, ever fill up is retarded.
I actually don't know how to legally acquire music videos, but as for songs, if you purchase the albums, which usually sell here for #15

You'd have to spend:

$15,360.

Or, on Itunes: (.99 cents)
$20,275.20

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Snoopbert
What kind of retard would buy a 60 GB Ipod?

How the hell are you going to get all of that. I pity the retard that buys one.

lol last time I checked, a few days ago, 60g IPods were sold out on Bestbuy.com.

That is a hell of alot of space. I don't even have that much space on my PC I'm writing this post on.

There are some IPod fiends out there.

Alpha Centauri
That's not what I said AC. I said buying something you will most likely never, ever fill up is retarded.
I actually don't know how to legally acquire music videos, but as for songs, if you purchase the albums, which usually sell here for #15

You'd have to spend:

$15,360.

Or, on Itunes: (.99 cents)
$20,275.20

Depends entirely where you shop, how long it takes etc.

-AC

FistOfThe North

-AC

If you don't mind, how many gigs does your IPod have?

Snoopbert

-AC True. In my general area there are about 10 different stores that sell music and the average shifts between $12 to $18.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
If you don't mind, how many gigs does your IPod have?

I now have a 20gig but it's way overflown. I know someone with a 30gig that they don't use, I could fill that up, so I should probably ask them to sort me out with that. Though my b-day is tomorrow, then xmas. I'll have a great many more by the time the year is through.

Filling up a 60gig isn't impossible. Unless you are truly into music to the point that it's what you spend most of your money on, like me, then you can't really grasp how realistic it is to fill up an iPod. Not saying you aren't, just saying.

-AC

Lana
I've got an old 15GB iPod and it's nearly full....and because I'm lazy, I still have tons of CDs that need to be ripped to my computer and loaded into it.

Victor Von Doom
I have 40gb full, and I could easily more than double it.

There's only so much music you need to carry around though, unless you are going to the desert for a decade or something.

Snoopbert
Filling a 60 gig isn't impossible, no, but I highly doubt that the average person will be able to fill it up. Just wait unti a 100 gig comes out, then a 150, then a 200.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
I have 40gb full, and I could easily more than double it.

There's only so much muic you need to carry around though, unless you are going to the desert for a decade or something.

Well, you'd need a charger wouldn't you?

Exactly though.

Snoop, I have much, much more than my iPod can carry, but I only need to carry around the albums I listen to. A few I don't, on the offchance I'll want to listen.

Many people could probably fill up an iPod or two with their CD collection, no point though. I just rearrange mine now.

-AC

Snoopbert
Maybe it seems more impossible to me because I rarely buy CD's and only download specific songs I like and the las tsong I downloaded was about a year and a half ago.

EDIT: Typos.

Alpha Centauri
Might have something to do with it, yes.

I buy more or less every CD I am interested in, the day it comes out or around that time. There are always older CDs I'm buying also.

-AC

Lana
Filling a 60 gig isn't impossible, no, but I highly doubt that the average person will be able to fill it up. Just wait unti a 100 gig comes out, then a 150, then a 200.

You should meet my aunt and uncle. They have two 60GB iPods that are completely full, as well as many more CDs that aren't on them.

And my other aunt and uncle have - literally - several thousand CDs.

Alpha Centauri
Why does he have to meet them? Surely you just told him all the relevant info wink.

-AC

Lana
Why does he have to meet them? Surely you just told him all the relevant info wink.

-AC

It's a figure of speech roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

I seriously need to raid their CD collections one day laughing out loud

Alpha Centauri
Just buy more CDs.

Go mad.

-AC

Lana
Gimme the money to do so and I will.

Trickster
I wish I had the money to buy that many CDs.

Snoopbert
Originally posted by Lana
Gimme the money to do so and I will. There you go. Money would be the main issue... is it really nessecary to purchase a 60 GB if you won't have the money for a good portion of your life to fill it? Maybe, it would be a good idea and it could slowly be filled up over time, but with the mindsets of most people they would find it nessecary to purchase the newest thing they pop out with.

Storm
No illegal talk please. It could land us into trouble.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.