Cyclops vs. Black Panther

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wonder Man
one eye One-eye's blast; can they knock Panther around and down.

Piedmon
Hmm.... just depends. Set Panther out in front of Cyclops and he's toast. But give him surprise, or a means to come up from behind, and Cyclops is going down.

Metalmanx
Black Panther's suit is made up vibranium, no? That means it will severely and drastically dampen the concussive force of Cyclops' optic blast. And since this is true, BP should have no problem closing the distance on Cyke and thrashing him.

BP 8/10.

Wonder Man
Thanks Metalmanx; my mind couldn't quite grasp that. I saw him not being hurt by the blast due to his suit but didn't envision him walking right through his blast.
That'd cyke Cyclops out dude.

Lucid Lui
Black Panther woops him...

nathan summers
Black Panther 9/10. He's a lot faster, smarter, tactically sound and stronger than Cyclops. He knows just about everything when it comes to the X-MEN considering the Avengers categorized them as a threat in the past. He has access to their strengths and weaknesses. He's easily dodged people with energy projection powers in the past ( IE; Klaw, Doctor Doom, Human Torch etc. ) And since he is wearing a vibranium suit the impact of Cyclops's blasts would be impeded enough for Panther to make his move. He wouldn't even need a surprise attack. He'd just have to keep a certain distance until he KO'D Summers with his Panther-rang. ( Hope you get the joke. )

Dark Urizen
Much much more agile, with superhuman speed, reflexes and strength (yes, above peak human), which would enable him to escape Cyclops's blasts. Even if some hit him, he's going to be able to absorb almost every drop of kinetic energy given out by his blasts, since that's their effect, and ignore it. He then proceeds to gut cyclops with his anti-metal claws droolio

Cosmic Flame
All of these scenarios involve Cyclops shooting Panther. What if he doesn't? Cyke is skilled enough to take down trees, rocks, whatever is available to slow down Panther's race to him. He's also good at taking out flying objects.

I think this is closer than some may think.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Cosmic Flame
All of these scenarios involve Cyclops shooting Panther. What if he doesn't? Cyke is skilled enough to take down trees, rocks, whatever is available to slow down Panther's race to him. He's also good at taking out flying objects.

That's why I gave Cyke the 2/10. Don't get me wrong, I think Cyke wins against most street-levelers, just not Black Panther because of his suit.

Cyke is indeed one of the best strategist and tacticians in Marvel, I think. He could indeed pull a couple wins using his wits.

But, in the long run, BP is just too superior in other areas, which will give him the victories.

Melnorme
Originally posted by Wonder Man
Thanks Metalmanx; my mind couldn't quite grasp that. I saw him not being hurt by the blast due to his suit but didn't envision him walking right through his blast.
That'd cyke Cyclops out dude.

laughing

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by Cosmic Flame

IMO that would only delay the inevitable and this is assuming they start off at a pretty great distance. Didn't BP catch up to a rhino and force him into the ground once? I'd say speed and agility would keep him out of harm's way, and when that fails or cyke gets smart (which he will), the vibranium outfit would most likely protect BP.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.