Nostradamus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

alic88
Nostradamus: What do you think about him. Do you believe his prophecies? Although His predications are fascinating, they are also skeptical. Why do i say this? The guy wrote 10 books i think just based on predictions. and most of them are so vague that they can be interpreted to anything. But still, the 3 Anti-Christ theory is interesting, even though it also has it flaws. There are many ways to look at it, so what do you think about nostradamus?

JacopeX
Well some did come true.

Heres one: He made up about collin powel is gonna find osama bin laden. I think it is gonna be true. I heard collin was scheduled to fly there sometime in 2007 or something like that.

a1hsauce
First off! Nice Avy big grin

second...in my opinion this cat's predictions were a bit vague, but he did Predict Napoleon Hitler and I forgot the other guys name, Prolly Bush,(no seriously i forgot the 3rd guys name)

I think Nostra is for real though erm scary stuff

a1hsauce
Originally posted by JacopeX
Well some did come true.

Heres one: He made up about collin powel is gonna find osama bin laden. I think it is gonna be true. I heard collin was scheduled to fly there sometime in 2007 or something like that.
lol are you serious?

JacopeX
Yea, Let me tell you what he said the best i can remember

Bush and Osama names were mixed so notradamus called the evil person bushama - I know it sound unbelivable but watch this

"Bushama shall be found in the pit below and punished by the black one"

THats what i remembred from the history chanel i sawe last year. Do some research. He had thousands of theories. He even made a theory of the of the world.

alic88
Originally posted by a1hsauce
First off! Nice Avy big grin

second...in my opinion this cat's predictions were a bit vague, but he did Predict Napoleon Hitler and I forgot the other guys name, Prolly Bush,(no seriously i forgot the 3rd guys name)

I think Nostra is for real though erm scary stuff

the third anti-christ is under debate, some believe its saddam, others say they're not sure. But one thing that blew for Nostradamus was that he predicted that there will be an invasion in 1999, which did not happen.

alic88

Bush and Osama names were mixed so notradamus called the evil person bushama - I know it sound unbelivable but watch this

THats what i remembred from the history chanel i sawe last year. Do some research. He had thousands of theories. He even made a theory of the of the world.

history channel while educational, can be really stupid when it comes to propheceis. Anyone remember the bible coding? that was lame, they were predicting the most stupid things, even the death of john lennon. meaning that they were saying that in those hebrew codes the hidden message of John lennon's death was wirrten. Anyways back on topic.

a1hsauce

laughing thats some funny shizniz laughing out loud haha

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Woah! It's Comedy Central in here today...

How exactly are the predictions skeptical themselves?

a1hsauce
Originally posted by alic88
the third anti-christ is under debate, some believe its saddam, others say they're not sure. But one thing that blew for Nostradamus was that he predicted that there will be an invasion in 1999, which did not happen.
heres my take on that though...I think History is still playing itself out. had the course of history gone one way, maybe there would have been an invasion. life chose to take a different route so different predictions came true. just a thought

Storm
Nostradamus' writings have frequently been misquoted and, in some instances, even deliberately altered in order to "prove" that he supposedly predicted various events. Since the advent of the Internet, many prophecies have even been fabricated outright, therefore enhancing the mystique of Nostradamus. For example, after the September 11 Terrorist Attacks, the following was circulated on the Internet along with many more elaborate variants:

In the City of God there will be a great thunder,
Two brothers torn apart by Chaos,
while the fortress endures,
the great leader will succumb,
The third big war will begin when the big city is burning.

As it turns out, the first four lines were indeed written before the attacks, but by a Canadian graduate student named Neil Marshall as part of a research paper in 1997. The research paper included this poem as an illustrative example of how the validity of prophecies are often exaggerated. For example, the "City of God" (why is New York City the City of God?), "great thunder" (could apply to just about any disaster), "Two brothers" (lots of things come in pairs), and "the great
leader will succumb" phrases are so ambiguous as to be meaningless.
The fifth line was added by an anonymous Internet user, apparently since Nostradamus always wrote in quatrains. Nostradamus never actually referred to a "third big war".

The validity of prophecies are often exaggerated. Many prophecies are vague, allowing them to be applied to many possible future events.

amity75
I think Nostradamus inhaled too much mercury.

DarkCrawler
http://www.nostradamususa.com/html/excerpts.html

Victor Von Doom
If you make up enough shit something has to resonate.

The man has missed about 8 end of the world prophecies now. Is it just me that wonders why he continued to predict after he thought the world would end?

eggmayo
I'm more inclined to believe a drunken hobo in a bus shelter.

Eis
Originally posted by amity75
I think Nostradamus inhaled too much mercury.

laughing I second that

WindDancer
The guy was a total phony. Some of his predicitions always involved things falling from the sky. Whoah! I'd guess Meterologist are great prophets then...."Tomorrow's forecasts...snow and rain in certain areas".

debbiejo
I had watched a documentary once told of his writings as coded for his own time against the establishment.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.