Narnia-Sequel?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Knight1
Happy Dance Does anyone know when the sequel to The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe will come out and what it will be about?

Tptmanno1
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say its gonna be the next one in the series of books...

Mando
Originally posted by Tptmanno1
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say its gonna be the next one in the series of books...

laughing out loud

That would be, "The Horse and his boy". And scince the Movie Just came out, I would guess no release date has been thought of as of this moment.

Murray
I bet they're going to make as many of the books as films as they can, considering this one got great reviews.

Personally, I absolutely loved it!

draconigena
If they do the movies in the original order of the books, Prince Caspian would come next, not A Horse and His Boy.

Original Order:
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
Prince Caspian
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
The Silver Chair
A Horse and His Boy
The Magician's Nephew
The Last Battle

New Chronological Order:
The Magician's Nephew
A Horse and His Boy
Prince Caspian
The Silver Chair
The Last Battle

Since they've already started with LWW, they should go ahead and do it in the original order.

Mando
Originally posted by draconigena
If they do the movies in the original order of the books, Prince Caspian would come next, not A Horse and His Boy.

Original Order:
Prince Caspian
The Silver Chair
A Horse and His Boy
The Magician's Nephew
The Last Battle

New Chronological Order:
The Magician's Nephew
A Horse and His Boy
Prince Caspian
The Silver Chair
The Last Battle

Since they've already started with LWW, they should go ahead and do it in the original order.

Good point. thumb up

Aravis3
I read somewhere where someone posted that if they released the movies one year at a time, it would be 2012 when they finished the series. The only ones that I would want them to make is TLWW, The Last Battle, and the Horse and His Boy. The only thing is, it took them two years just to make the first one. I'm thinking that if this one makes a whole lot of money, they'll go ahead and make the other six.

bksdrums

Original Order:
Prince Caspian
The Silver Chair
A Horse and His Boy
The Magician's Nephew
The Last Battle

New Chronological Order:
The Magician's Nephew
A Horse and His Boy
Prince Caspian
The Silver Chair
The Last Battle

The first list is correct with when each book was published. The second list is chronological with the events in the story of Narnia.

draconigena
Another reason to do it in the original order would be the actors. William Moseley (Peter) and Anna Popplewell (Susan) are in Prince Caspian. Skander Keynes (Edmund) and Georgie Henley (Lucy) are in Prince Caspian and Voyage of the Dawn Treader. If they started doing things in a different order, they might be too old to play the parts (only a year is supposed to have passed between LWW and PC).

The only other movie they'd appear in would be The Last Battle (Moseley, Keynes and Henley, no Popplewell), but they should be a little older in that one anyway...

bananamunkey131
Another reason to do it in the original order would be the actors. William Moseley (Peter) and Anna Popplewell (Susan) are in Prince Caspian. Skander Keynes (Edmund) and Georgie Henley (Lucy) are in Prince Caspian and Voyage of the Dawn Treader. If they started doing things in a different order, they might be too old to play the parts (only a year is supposed to have passed between LWW and PC).

The only other movie they'd appear in would be The Last Battle (Moseley, Keynes and Henley, no Popplewell), but they should be a little older in that one anyway...
good point. if they had started them in the order that made more sense, they wouldn't have many huge age problems

Morpheus
raver the next one wont be til 2007 or 8 raver

Mando
Since the Topic was brought back from the dead, I'll put it in the Sci-fi forum.

The Unknown
If I'm remembering correctly, "Horse and His Boy" was more of a filler book, so they probably/hopefully won't make a movie of it.

draconigena
I recently heard something (I believe on NarniaWeb.com... maybe not) that Prince Caspian has been (unofficially) announced as coming out in 2007 (filming starting summer 2006) due the movie grossing $65 million in the opening weekend (they were apparently shooting for $60 million). Also, to expect an official announcement January-ish.

H&HB is a "filler" kind of book, so if it wasn't made it wouldn't be a huge loss (even if it is one of my favorites). It would make the most sense, if they were to cut one of the books, to cut that one. All the other books have something/someone that comes back later on and would be difficult to leave out.

Rogue Jedi
this movie sucked the big one. i hated it. it made me sick. i feel tainted now that i have watched it. clear enough?

draconigena

That's great. Glad to hear your opinion. However, this thread isn't exactly discussing the movie that has already been made, but rather the possible sequels.

Explaining (with a bit more detail and reasoning) your opinion in a more appropriate thread will probably get you a better response.

ToxikChaos
NUFF SAID, BORING AS HELL

gshkris7272
:O

Adamwankenobi
The sequel is going to suck cock just like the first one did.

Fleab
Ok interesting opinion ude but thats not what this thread is about. If you could let us keep discussing this on topic that would be nice. smile Anyway, the last I heard from narniaweb was that the next movie will be Prince Caspien. I think that is a pretty smart move when you think about it. That movie has a good amount of adventure in it. It also follows the original order. That means after Prince Caspien we get Voyage od the Dawn Treader. Sweet! I really hope they eventually make the magicians nephew though.

Gregory
The problem with making sequls to the movie is that the religious symbolism got pretty obnoxious after a while. Is Susan still going to Hell for wearing make-up and being interested in boys? And then you get to The Last Battle, and it's like Lewis is hitting you over the head with a hammer while screaming "Revelation! Revelation!" in your ear.

Fleab
Some people like it and some people don't. There is still no doubt in my mind that he is a wonderful writer though. Would I necesarilly go around being incredibly religous to everyone? nah. However, I still really like Lewis and I liked the movie.

draconigena
IMO: I didn't really feel like there was that much of Lewis' religious symbolism in the first one. It was definitely toned down... enough that if you weren't looking for it, or didn't know it was there, you could just take the movie as an up-front, fantasy film (yay for alliteration).

So, I'm going to take a guess and say that they'll probably go the same route with any more movies they make and tone down the allegory.

As for an update on Prince Caspian; it has been given the GO.

- Adamson will be the director/producer/co-writer again.
- Mosely, Keynes, Popplewell and Henley will all be back playing the Pevensies.

(full article here at NarniaWeb.com)

Fleab
sweet news draconigena! I thought I heard Adamson was directing the next one. Nice to finally know he is.

Knightfall93
Oh my god... too much religious symbolism... must breath! Breath! They should make the important ones for the main story:
TLWW
Prince Caspian
Voyage of the dawn Treader
the silver Chair(?)
The Last Battle

THEN IF NECESSARY
The Horse and his Boy (a great one)
The Magician's Nephew (not my favourite, but hey)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.