ANH Yoda vs. ROTJ Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Se7in
Vader gets lucky one day and feels Yoda's presence on Dagobah. Can the old Jedi Master, despite not fighting in a decade, take out Vader?

Dark Envy
Originally posted by Se7in
Vader gets lucky one day and feels Yoda's presence on Dagobah. Can the old Jedi Master, despite not fighting in a decade, take out Vader?

Darth Vader. Yoda was a puppet back then, he'd use the force to drag the puppet everywhere!

mace=badass
It was 17 years from RotS to ANH. Yoda not fighting that long, and Vader always on missions, plus getting used to the suit. Yoda loses, badly.

exanda kane
Yoda would have spent those 17 years meditating and improving his Force Mastery however. I'm still not sure of the outcome but I doubt Yoda would lose badly.

Decay
yoda takes this. lets just say for argument sake that rotj vader is as skilled and able with a saber as rots vader. that makes him about equal to obi wan, he has more power but less experience. between then hes gained more experience but becuase of the suit he lost his potential to go beyond the emperor and is now about 80% his power. so the experience makes him slightly better than rots vader.

in rots obi wan wanted to take the emperor and leave vader to yoda, and yoda said that obi wan isnt powerful enough to take on sidious. he was a fair way off. so slightly higher than that rotj vader is still no match for sidious, whos roughly equal to yoda. yodas saber skills may have deteriorated in the 17 years, but he does have a pretty big buffer zone, hes high enough above vader that he can lose a decent amount of his skill and still be in the fight.

plus yodas mastery of the force could remove saber combat altogether like dooku tried when he fought yoda in ep. a few senate pod sized rocks and dead trees thrown at vader should end the fight without much trouble.

exanda kane
Originally posted by Decay
yoda takes this. lets just say for argument sake that rotj vader is as skilled and able with a saber as rots vader. that makes him about equal to obi wan, he has more power but less experience. between then hes gained more experience but becuase of the suit he lost his potential to go beyond the emperor and is now about 80% his power. so the experience makes him slightly better than rots vader.

in rots obi wan wanted to take the emperor and leave vader to yoda, and yoda said that obi wan isnt powerful enough to take on sidious. he was a fair way off. so slightly higher than that rotj vader is still no match for sidious, whos roughly equal to yoda. yodas saber skills may have deteriorated in the 17 years, but he does have a pretty big buffer zone, hes high enough above vader that he can lose a decent amount of his skill and still be in the fight.

plus yodas mastery of the force could remove saber combat altogether like dooku tried when he fought yoda in ep. a few senate pod sized rocks and dead trees thrown at vader should end the fight without much trouble.

agreed.

jollyjim311
Vader would waste him... but I'll let Mace=Badass do the explaining... shifty

mace=badass
PWN3D!!!11!!1!

DarthMaul9123
haha did you make that from paint

mace=badass
Yup.

Twilight Janick
Where did Yoda appear in ANH? His first appearance wasn't supposed to be in TESB?

jollyjim311
Wow, we all overlooked that. But I was assuming tht his power is about the same as ESB.

Ianus
Originally posted by mace=badass
It was 17 years from RotS to ANH. Yoda not fighting that long, and Vader always on missions, plus getting used to the suit. Yoda loses, badly.

I'm so glad a supergenius like yourself is making these profound points.

DiamondBullets
Definately Vader. He would probably have some "I am the Master, now!" speech, and then Yoda would let him self get killed just like Obiwan did and become one with the Force. And then Lord Vader would think he's trippin' cuz the last 2 Jedi he killed inexplicably dissappeared.

jollyjim311
Originally posted by DiamondBullets
Definately Vader. He would probably have some "I am the Master, now!" speech, and then Yoda would let him self get killed just like Obiwan did and become one with the Force. And then Lord Vader would think he's trippin' cuz the last 2 Jedi he killed inexplicably dissappeared.

Well, that would probably happen, but we are assuming they are both fighting to kill the other.

Darth Traya
Yoda throws a load of trees at Vader. Game set and match.

Vader loses fanboys. Deal with it.

jollyjim311
I think Darth Traya would win, with her instakill power and all. She could have beaten the Exile but she faked it.

darthsith19
This would be close. Vader has been killing Jedi for many years while Yoda has done very little. I'd give it to Yoda but it'd sure be a good battle.

jollyjim311
Once again, I reeyou back to mace=badass' picture.

Darth_Glentract
Yoda pwns him.

overlord
OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yoda could even kill Vader just before passing away!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.