Is everybody beautiful to somebody?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

silver_tears
Well? smile

kmcdude
Originally posted by silver_tears
Well? smile

I guess so smile

gamewarrior
Maybe

silver_tears
You are both useless human beings smile

kmcdude
You are both useless human beings smile

Thanks big grin

Smiling_Sadly
well i suppose we have this one figured out! do you both want to die? cuz if not well then your boring.

kmcdude
Originally posted by Smiling_Sadly
well i suppose we have this one figured out! do you both want to die? cuz if not well then your boring.

blink I dont wanna die yet

Smiling_Sadly
well sorry but your in the forest of no returing and now your going to die cuz my friend here is an excellent pyro!

kmcdude
Originally posted by Smiling_Sadly
well sorry but your in the forest of no returing and now your going to die cuz my friend here is an excellent pyro!

beer Just let me have a beer first

silver_tears
ninja

Smiling_Sadly
no no. that puts out his flame..you see he is a flamer and likes you thats why he doesnt eat man.

Alpha Centauri
As a mark of respect to Irene's thread, it depends what you mean by beautiful.

I think of beautiful primarily as a visual concept. Though I often speak of intangible beautiful things (beautiful music, feelings etc). I would imagine everyone is beautiful in SOME way to somebody.

-AC

Lana
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

silver_tears
I don't think I agree with that Lana. I think beauty is defined by society and not by individuals.

silver_tears
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
As a mark of respect to Irene's thread, it depends what you mean by beautiful.

I think of beautiful primarily as a visual concept. Though I often speak of intangible beautiful things (beautiful music, feelings etc). I would imagine everyone is beautiful in SOME way to somebody.

-AC

If you think of beauty as a visual concept then can everyone truly be beautiful in some way?
Even if they are horribly disfigured, or obese or such for example.

Lana
I don't think I agree with that Lana. I think beauty is defined by society and not by individuals.

What is defined by society is simply what a certain group thinks to be typical or common. Regardless of that people will still have their own perceptions of what they think is beautiful, even though they may pretend otherwise in order to fit in.

I in no way fit the typical image of beauty, but since plenty of people seem to think I'm pretty anyway, apparently shows that they have different ideas than society.

Kosta

Its defined by society to those who are too busy trying to fit in. If you look around, there are plenty of people that find lets say "commercial" beauty not beautiful at all. I'm talking about the more "alternative" crowd. They have a different preconception of beauty.

Alpha Centauri
Well, not to be superficial because I have obese friends, I don't give a shit what you look like as long as you are a good human.

However, beautiful in the sense of aesthetically pleasing, I personally have a specific idea of what physical or visual beauty is. Obese is not it, nor is disfigurement. In no way am I saying these people are void of beauty, someone out there may find that attractive or beautiful and they may very well be beautiful people.

I personally do not find those physical elements to be beautiful though, no. I'm anything BUT superficial, but that's my honest reaction. I believe that being so overweight that it could possibly kill you or make you unhappy, is not beauty.

Some might, I do not. I believe it's demeaning to those people to be dishonest also.

-AC

Smiling_Sadly
If you think of beauty as a visual concept then can everyone truly be beautiful in some way?
Even if they are horribly disfigured, or obese or such for example.

yes. what about their personalities, their talents? to someone some of those things are most beautiful. and to some that person even being created is beautiful. but i agree i think all beauty is in the eye of the beholder. so it doesnt really matter if we dont think some one is beuatiful to him all is beautil.

silver_tears
Originally posted by Lana
What is defined by society is simply what a certain group thinks to be typical or common. Regardless of that people will still have their own perceptions of what they think is beautiful, even though they may pretend otherwise in order to fit in.

I in no way fit the typical image of beauty, but since plenty of people seem to think I'm pretty anyway, apparently shows that they have different ideas than society.

But in your opinion, is there a difference between beauty and prettiness?
Like how would you define beautiful?

silver_tears
And on the topic of AC's post, not that this is anything of his beliefs, but if say you found your other half, but they weren't aesthetically pleasing, how important is that to you?

Alpha Centauri
I think Angelina Jolie is beautiful, I think Jennifer Garner is "pretty".

I haven't got a specific blueprint as to what would make a woman beautiful as opposed to pretty, or sexy, but there are elements for me personally that do separate them.

On the flip, some guy/girl might think Angelina is pretty and that Jessica Simpson is the most beautiful woman, who I personally can't stand.

Subjective.

And on the topic of AC's post, not that this is anything of his beliefs, but if say you found your other half, but they weren't aesthetically pleasing, how important is that to you?

Can you define what you mean by that? How aesthetically displeasing are we talking here?

I've dated some girls who I have been intensely attracted to, some I haven't even been attracted to at first but got to like through personality.

Regardless of my unsuperficiality, I do have desires and standards. I have a right to that. I'm not so stuck up my own ass that I'd say "I'd totally date a girl I really don't like the look of if she's awesome inside." Because that, however large, is a part of what everyone looks for in a partner. It doesn't matter to me to the degree that they have to be Adriana Lima, no. Far from.

-AC

silver_tears
So you just know when you see them?

Smiling_Sadly
i also have obese friends and i know lots of people wjo think they are beautiful beings not pretty, but beautiful. people study others to much by what they see on the outside and not what shines out from the inside.

Lana
But in your opinion, is there a difference between beauty and prettiness?
Like how would you define beautiful?

Beauty is, in my opinion, not something that can be defined as it is something that every one will have a different perception of - what I find beautiful may be totally different than what you do. Beauty is, I would say, what I find pleasing to me, whether visually or otherwise.

DarkC
Yes.

Alpha Centauri
So you just know when you see them?

If this was to me regarding the beautiful/pretty/sexy thing, then yes.

If I don't think a woman is beautiful right away, I won't grow to think she is. Aesthetically. If I think a woman is pretty, there's not much chance I'll consider her more than pretty. Sexy is a different matter. Because that's probably the most subjective and, for me, the sexiest females aren't always the most physically attractive. I believe you don't have to be drop dead gorgeous to be sexy.

-AC

Smiling_Sadly
Beauty is, in my opinion, not something that can be defined as it is something that every one will have a different perception of - what I find beautiful may be totally different than what you do. Beauty is, I would say, what I find pleasing to me, whether visually or otherwise.

yes i agree. what DO you think is beautiful?

silver_tears
So basically, beauty matters to some degree in choice of partner?

Smiling_Sadly
So basically, beauty matters to some degree in choice of partner?

i would think so. and hope so. becaus eif not. that relationship would not last and be entirly boring for the most part..

Alpha Centauri
Well, of course.

I think people are too fast to try and classify this as a good or bad thing, it's just a natural thing.

Obviously there are some idiots who would never date anyone unless they were chiseled by Gods regardless of personality. I find that stupid, but...it's their standard. A ridiculously high one, but one they have the right to.

I don't understand there girls or guys who say "I want someone perfect." You're not perfect, why do you, in turn...deserve perfection?

Interesting thread, my dear.

-AC

Lana
What that person finds to be beautiful, yes. But physical beauty is not all of it - someone could be, according to society's views, ugly, yet have the best personality in the world, and that could make them seem beautiful to someone.

Well, of course.

I think people are too fast to try and classify this as a good or bad thing, it's just a natural thing.

Obviously there are some idiots who would never date anyone unless they were chiseled by Gods regardless of personality. I find that stupid, but...it's their standard. A ridiculously high one, but one they have the right to.

I don't understand there girls or guys who say "I want someone perfect." You're not perfect, why do you, in turn...deserve perfection?

Interesting thread, my dear.

-AC

I view perfection as this -- no one is actually perfect. But there may be someone who, to you, IS perfect. They aren't, actually, but to your eyes they are.

Alpha Centauri
Yeah, everyone wants someone perfect to them. I'm just saying, those people who don't take into account that they aren't perfect.

-AC

Lana
I think too many people want literal perfection and don't want to accept the other person's flaws. To me, someone's flaws make the person as much as their good qualities do. I KNOW I'm not perfect, I'm far from, so I don't expect anyone else to be.

Alpha Centauri
Bah who am I kidding? I'm 20 now.

I expect no less than Adriana Lima...or the "other" one. Sue me.

-AC

Lana
roll eyes (sarcastic)

silver_tears
Who's the "other" one? confused Jolie?

Alpha Centauri
Don't use that smiley! Goddamn it.

It's my birthday, don't be mean.

Who's the "other" one? confused Jolie?

Oh yeah, her too. There's another, who's name I cannot reveal for the simple reason that FJ would kick my ass and I do wish to live a few more decades before I ride the night train to Tombstone City.

-AC

Lana
I'll use that damn smilie if I want stick out tongue I always roll my eyes at people, hehehe.

I know who the other one is wink

silver_tears
Oh that chick stick out tongue

Alpha Centauri
Damn girls with your seductive avatars and signature banners and your music.

-AC

silver_tears
you should see my next one ninja2

Lana
Oooooh Irene I wanna see eek!

I need to do a fun one again.....

Alpha Centauri
I should...

*Waits for exclusive, secret, MSN birthday sneak peak*

-AC

silver_tears
It's only an avvy, I don't seem to be able to bother with sigs nowadays embarrasment
I've lost all skill I've ever had.

And secondly, you're not going to guilt me into anything cause of your birthday nono

Lana
I've had pretty much no ideas for sigs lately, but I can't stand to not have one....hence why this one is part of one of my artworks instead of something new.

Oh well.

I'm off to bed now stick out tongue

Alpha Centauri
....*Trembling lip*

-AC

silver_tears
See ya wavey

I might just go off too in a few minutes, I'm exhausted and sick.

silver_tears
....*Trembling lip*

-AC

Dramatic much hmm

kmcdude
I've had pretty much no ideas for sigs lately, but I can't stand to not have one....hence why this one is part of one of my artworks instead of something new.

Oh well.

I'm off to bed now stick out tongue

I'm thinking of making my next sig a Batman begins one,but I will keep this current sig on for the rest of the month smile

Mando

Sig Ideas are always fresh in my head. Just watch a good movie.

DanieLs_4_Ever
Well? smile
Sure they are. I think im pretty ugly but when it comes to the question of this thread.....everyone knows who that someone is that thinks im beautiful. I dont see how, but he does stick out tongue

Bloigen
Originally posted by Mando

I never run out of ideas. Usually i put two ideas together.

Bun Bun
Well? smile

I believe so. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Lana
Originally posted by Mando

I'm not that big on movies and you know it....plus I like my sigs to be pretty complex, something that I put a lot of work into.

Mando
I'm not that big on movies and you know it....plus I like my sigs to be pretty complex, something that I put a lot of work into.

They are very nice smile

I never take more than 5 minutes to make a sig. I change mya sig about every 1-2 days anyway.

silver_tears
I havent had one for ages

Spearhead
I'm slowly getting ok at making sigs

silver_tears
all that matters right laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.