Marvel Zombies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blood_Rayne
What are your views on it. I for one thought it was pretty good but thats just me so what did you think about it?

chris_64256
I picked it up today to be honest didnt really know what to think It was cool as hell but to see those characters like that was very different. I will proably stick with very interested to see where its going you know? And what the hulk did was a complete mind f$ck crazy stuff......

Blood_Rayne
If I'm not mistaken it really started in Ultimate Fantastic Four 28 I think so I'm pretty much up speed on the story. I almost cried when the Hulk did what he did. laughing out loud

chris_64256
Like I said it was a complete mind f#ck I was like damn did he just do that. But the worst was when that bone burst banners belly open and magneto leg came out and thor ate the rest . So it was introduced before this I completely missed it thats why it hit me like a truck I love it..

snoopdogg
So was the Silver Surfer that appeared on the last page the 616 version or the Ultimate version?

I don't think this story revolves in the Ultimate univers or 616 one either. This may be a new Norrin Radd.

thesilverspider
aint the surfer gonna have to fight against all of the zombie hero's

8bitChris
Originally posted by snoopdogg
So was the Silver Surfer that appeared on the last page the 616 version or the Ultimate version?

I don't think this story revolves in the Ultimate univers or 616 one either. This may be a new Norrin Radd.

It's an alternate dimension.

They played the whole thing like 616 was going to cross the Ultimate Universe in Ult. FF 21; instead, they played a joke and just had the Ult. FF goto another world where zombies had taken over.

So yeah, it's probably a new SS.

Blood_Rayne
There is no way they can beat SS.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by Blood_Rayne
There is no way they can beat SS.
we gonna have 2 see

The Ion
I loved it. The conversation they all had after eating Mags was hilarious.

"All the Avengers had a piece of Jarvis." laughing

Blood_Rayne
That was messed up when Spider-Man said he ate his wife and his aunt.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by Blood_Rayne
That was messed up when Spider-Man said he ate his wife and his aunt.

eek!

chris_64256
I loved where mags is just kicking ass and starts talking that stuff next page big chunk right out of his neck crazy. Now I must see DC version Supes is the zombie king hunting all of jla. Kryptonite and magic cant hurt something thats all ready dead How great would that be just ripping batman apart Cooking his meat with heat vison or using his artic breath to store his meat. Uh I felt I've gone to far lol.... Come on DC show some balls!

Blood_Rayne
Did you guys read Ult FF 22-23 when Sue used her powers to make all the Zombies blind that was one of the coolest ways I've ever seen her use her powers.

8bitChris
Best Cover we'll see next year. (For those of you who don't get it, it's a play on the original cover of X-men 1)

Marvel Zombies 5

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/Mar_06/Marvel_Zombies_4.jpg

hotsauce6548
Aren't they all going to plays on old covers?

8bitChris
The only other one i've seen was the Spiderman one. And yeah, it was.

roughrider
The cover by Arthur Suydam...you should see all the work he did in the 80's and 90's for Marvel's Epic line - doing the adventures of a pair of weirdo heroes called Cholly And Flytrap, in a post-apocalypse world. I could see Deadpool hanging out with them!

Pepito
This is a spoiler so don't read on if you don't want things to be.....spoiled

Surfer loses and zombies absorb his energy - Galactus still approaches

grey fox
My thoughts on zombies

'Thou canst not kill which dost not live. But you can blast it into chunky kibbles'

willRules
the cover looks funny for issue 5..........

http://www.comicartcommunity.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=16966&mode=search

snoopdogg
What does everybody suppose will happen to the zombie FF locked in the Ultimate FF's basement of the Baxter Building?

The Ion
What does everybody suppose will happen to the zombie FF locked in the Ultimate FF's basement of the Baxter Building?
ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #30
Written by Mark Millar
Pencils & Cover by Greg Land
"FRightful" pART 1 (OF 3)
The awesome return of Dr. Doom! The zombiefied F.F. escape from their Baxter Building prison! The deadly debut of the Frightful Four! Johnny Storm finds out he has only 28 days to live! And that's all just for starters...
32 PGS./Rated A ...$2.99

willRules
Nice sig Ion yes

The Ion
Originally posted by willRules
Nice sig Ion yes
Thanks and while I was searching for that solicit, I found this concept art of Ultimate Thanos. Surprised it hasn't been posted here yet.

http://www.newsarama.com/NYCC/Marvel/Ultimate/THANOS7.jpg

Black Adam
Originally posted by The Ion
Thanks and while I was searching for that solicit, I found this concept art of Ultimate Thanos. Surprised it hasn't been posted here yet.

http://www.newsarama.com/NYCC/Marvel/Ultimate/THANOS7.jpg

thanos with earrings and a black shirt?..........

this could be an intresting take on the character...Or a terrible reinvention who's more of a bastard then his 616 incarnation

well see how it turns out. I'm guessing he will apear in the UF4 comics right?

The Ion
Originally posted by Black Adam
thanos with earrings and a black shirt?..........
He's xtreme to the max!

kenobi
Did Marvel go into what happend to the zombie Sentry that started the whole thing in that alternate universe. Apparently the Zombie Sentry came from yet another alternate universe but ran out of food. Did he eat all the inhabitants of that universe. That is alot of eating. I think that I am dissecting too much of the storyline, but I still want to know what happened to him.

kenobi
Originally posted by kenobi
Did Marvel go into what happend to the zombie Sentry that started the whole thing in that alternate universe. Apparently the Zombie Sentry came from yet another alternate universe but ran out of food. Did he eat all the inhabitants of that universe. That is alot of eating. I think that I am dissecting too much of the storyline, but I still want to know what happened to him.
Again, does anybody know what happend to the zombie Sentry? big grin

DarkCrawler
I don't think it was ever stated.

snoopdogg
Again, does anybody know what happend to the zombie Sentry? big grin Good question. I wondered that myself. I don't think it was ever stated.

Draco69
They probably killed him for being so powerful. He would eat everything up. So they killed the competition.

I however am wondering why no humans and only superheroes were infected. I mean why completely devour the humans but not other heroes or villains?

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Draco69
They probably killed him for being so powerful. He would eat everything up. So they killed the competition.

I however am wondering why no humans and only superheroes were infected. I mean why completely devour the humans but not other heroes or villains? They way I understand it is that only heroes/villains are infected.

It's kinda cheezy.

Draco69
Yeah. But how? If it were only super-powered heroes than it would make some sense. But alot the infected had no powers to speak of. Like Iron Man. He's just a human in a suit.

snoopdogg
Who had no powers? Hawkeye I don't think is natural human or even DareDevil.

Hawkeye has some enhanced eyesight I think.

snoopdogg
I just thought of Tony Stark being infected. So that cannot be true.

Draco69
Tony Stark has no powers. He's human.

Elektra has no powers. Most of the time anyway.

Hawkeye's eyeight isn't enhanced to speak of. It's just incredibly good for a human. Alot of other marksman in the world possess the same abilities.

Black Adam
Maybe the virus is smart and can choose the people it infects?

snoopdogg
Tony Stark has no powers. He's human.

Elektra has no powers. Most of the time anyway.

Hawkeye's eyeight isn't enhanced to speak of. It's just incredibly good for a human. Alot of other marksman in the world possess the same abilities. So my theory that it infects meta-humans is out the window.

Maybe they just completely devour the normal humans like they did to Mags and Norrin.

Draco69
Originally posted by Black Adam
Maybe the virus is smart and can choose the people it infects?

Possibly. That's a likely explanation. Although I still don't see how it can infect a spirtual bag of bones like Ghost Rider or the Phoenix....

The Ion
So my theory that it infects meta-humans is out the window.

Maybe they just completely devour the normal humans like they did to Mags and Norrin.
Yeah, its like racism except different. embarrasment

kenobi
I also thought that the virus only infected meta-humans but then why would Iron Man and Hawkeye be infected. I also wonder who was the first hero or villian eaten. wink

Fanboy
Yeah. But how? If it were only super-powered heroes than it would make some sense. But alot the infected had no powers to speak of. Like Iron Man. He's just a human in a suit.

I read this it was the costumed heroes who were infected so it did not matter if they had powers.

Jebus reborn
Did anyone read Black Panther #28?
The Zombies are wrecking shit up in the Skrull homeworld, and it appears that Luke Cage, is going to fight the New Fantastic Four...

Good comic.

And as Stan Lee would say, "You should buy more Marvel comics."
So, go out and buy this one.
It's a gem.

Swanky-Tuna
I wonder how much krill the Marvel Zombies could eat.

AcousticDoc
I also thought that the virus only infected meta-humans but then why would Iron Man and Hawkeye be infected. I also wonder who was the first hero or villian eaten. wink

They explained that anyone can become infected and be turned to a zombie. the reason why it's mostly costumed people is because they are the only ones who can fight off the other zombies or escape long enough to be consumed by the infection at a later time instead of being consumed by a zombie. Regular humans get consumed by zombies too quickly before they can become one.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by AcousticDoc
They explained that anyone can become infected and be turned to a zombie. the reason why it's mostly costumed people is because they are the only ones who can fight off the other zombies or escape long enough to be consumed by the infection at a later time instead of being consumed by a zombie. Regular humans get consumed by zombies too quickly before they can become one.
It kinda makes you wonder... who infected the street levelers but weren't powerful enough to finish the job? And who infected the person who was too weak to finish off street level guys but was too weak to finish THAT job?

It has to be someone who can defend much stronger characters yet always gets their crap kicked by lower tiers. I'm thinking either Cap, Spider-man, or Wolverine. You three got some s'plainin' to do.

Edit: Wait... that could be any street level character couldn't it? Frickin' hyprocrite character levels.

AcousticDoc
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
It kinda makes you wonder... who infected the street levelers but weren't powerful enough to finish the job? And who infected the person who was too weak to finish off street level guys but was too weak to finish THAT job?

It has to be someone who can defend much stronger characters yet always gets their crap kicked by lower tiers. I'm thinking either Cap, Spider-man, or Wolverine.

Well daredevil was fighting spiderman before he got infected. I guess spiderman wasn't able to eat him before he became a zombie.

jeromefus
I've been thinking that maybe the virus is caused by or simply is "The Void". It would explain the Sentry's involvement.

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by jeromefus
I've been thinking that maybe the virus is caused by or simply is "The Void". It would explain the Sentry's involvement. Nah......go get Dead Days, it explains much of how the infected picked and choose who was infected.

jeromefus
Would Immune Girl or Mr. Immortal be affected by the disease? What about an Eternal?

Tron
Originally posted by jeromefus
Would Immune Girl or Mr. Immortal be affected by the disease? What about an Eternal?

It looked like no one was immune to becoming a zombie, so to answer your question, yes.

jeromefus
Oh those pointless superpowers. Can't even save you from a common zombiefication virus. What's the use?

Nihilist
marvel zombies 3!!!
and its going to be cannon

http://uk.comics.ign.com/articles/878/878222p1.html

Scythe
Great art work in perfect George Romero essence. The story, although laughable at times, proved to be substantial on it's own.

Scythe
Still awaiting on MZ 3. Seems to be going in a very good direction.

Kazenji
Although I still don't see how it can infect a spirtual bag of bones like Ghost Rider

I agree thats just rediculous unless of course they manage to bite johnny blaze instead of ghost rider

Did anyone check out Marvel Zombies 2 ?

Scythe
Originally posted by Kazenji
Did anyone check out Marvel Zombies 2 ?

Yeah I have it, it was pretty good.

I don't think they'll be revealing anything about the plague's origin anytime soon.

jumpmann
i want this series to die

i want it to cross over with cable and everyone dies in the first panel

19 pages of celebration to follow

good story actually

Scythe
It has its followers, haha. I actually bought all three zombie figures that came out. Col. America, Spidey and Hulk. They're very detailed and nifty.

Kazenji
Whats this about the 3rd series starting in october ?

Scythe
It's coming in october, haha.

PRAYERRUN
ok so Wolverine's healing factor cant heal this zombie virus apparently...Reed Richards goes nuts after witnessing She-Hulk eat his kids, suddenly decides that this virus is the next stage in evolution, and Silver Surfer and Thor, who are either gods or near gods, are infected too. Isn't this a little....weird?

tjcoady
Originally posted by PRAYERRUN
ok so Wolverine's healing factor cant heal this zombie virus apparently...Reed Richards goes nuts after witnessing She-Hulk eat his kids, suddenly decides that this virus is the next stage in evolution, and Silver Surfer and Thor, who are either gods or near gods, are infected too. Isn't this a little....weird?

It's supposed to be. They're ignoring things that waste time like "continuity" in favor of "ridiculousness" and "fun."

I'm Bran
I missed the third one, and I think even a forth one.

What happened in those volumes?

tjcoady
Originally posted by I'm Bran
I missed the third one, and I think even a forth one.

What happened in those volumes?

The most recent one featured Aaron Stack, most badass Marvel character, being a badass.

It was Fred Van Lente (who is a genius) writing a zombie invasion story with "Nextwave"-version Machine Man. Pure Awesomeness.

PRAYERRUN
I think now they have 616 marvel's Machine Man going into the zombie universe and chopping people up. I wonder....does this zombie universe have a machine man too?

PRAYERRUN
Oh and a question, Dr. Doom, from 616 marvel went into the zombie universe too and apparently he WAS immune to the virus; what happened too him?

BlackZero30x
i feel sooo left out on this....i really need to pick up a few issues....like ya kno marvel zombies 1 through all the rest up to date.....i have the big hard back edtion of dead days...got it along time ago read it and havn't honestly had time or alot of money to pick up the rest sad

Scythe
I'm waiting for Marvel Zombies 3 to be released in a collected hardcover myself.

PRAYERRUN
What DID happen to Dr. Doom??

Kazenji
Originally posted by Scythe
I'm waiting for Marvel Zombies 3 to be released in a collected hardcover myself.

Same here, I was'nt too sure of getting the issues.

Scythe
Originally posted by Kazenji
Same here, I was'nt too sure of getting the issues.

F*ckin' takin' its sweet as time to get there, oi...

Kazenji
Found the release date, April 8

http://www.marvel.com/catalog/Marvel%20Zombies%203%20Hc

BlackZero30x
well marvel zombies 4 on its way and ghost rider is on the cover....and well i get they look past things like how wolverine,luck Cage,Iceman, ect get the virus....but ghost rider? come on ppl i mean in dead days doom was unaffected by the virus...because of his armor sure but what about Colossus...i mean i looked past all that but i just dont know guess i'll have to wait and see what the story's like

releases april 8th as well

Symmetric Chaos
Oh and a question, Dr. Doom, from 616 marvel went into the zombie universe too and apparently he WAS immune to the virus; what happened too him?

I'm pretty sure it was UltDoom not 616 Doom.

Kazenji
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
well marvel zombies 4 on its way and ghost rider is on the cover....and well i get they look past things like how wolverine,luck Cage,Iceman, ect get the virus....but ghost rider? come on ppl i mean in dead days doom was unaffected by the virus...

Yeah Ghost Rider should be able to beat all the zombies with what he's capable of.

willRules
Well it's not about how a character got infected but how cool it would be if they did. Marvel Zombies 3 was very fun. If only the first 2 volumes had been more like that..... yes

PRAYERRUN
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

Well what happened to the dude? did he get eaten or what? and what about the zombie universe Dr. Doom? THAT would be interesting in itself.

Scythe
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

It was UltDoom.

Well what happened to the dude? did he get eaten or what? and what about the zombie universe Dr. Doom? THAT would be interesting in itself.

They didn't say, sorta left it open ended.

PRAYERRUN
It was UltDoom.

They didn't say, sorta left it open ended.

THAT, in itself, makes this story interesting......

Scythe
THAT, in itself, makes this story interesting......

Sarcasm?

PRAYERRUN
Sarcasm?

no i'm not being sarcastic, just saying that the Dr. Doom angle would be a good way to go in this series.

Scythe
no i'm not being sarcastic, just saying that the Dr. Doom angle would be a good way to go in this series.

Oh, I just wasn't sure, and yeah, I agree.

kgkg
I just love the artwork!!!!!!

HueyFreeman
The upcomming story with Man-thing walking through zombies is interesting.

geshien
Other than killing them, I never liked zombies. This series was no different for me.

PRAYERRUN
ok Aparently the Zombie Marvel Dr. Doom was killed during the fight before Galactus.(All the enemies of the former hero's showed up, starting a war. But still, I don't know what happened to ultimate Doom.

PRAYERRUN
That would be kinda cool

Kazenji
More Marvel Zombies coming, MARVEL ZOMBIES RETURN

http://marvel.com/news/comicstories.8484.WWPhilly_~apos~09~colon~_Marvel_Zombies_Return

Scythe
Neat.

Scythe
Oh my god, I loved the artwork in the Spidey and Wolverine comic. I believe it was the third in the Marvel Zombies Return run. I thoroughly enjoyed it. The whole zombie avengers trying to rid the world of the disease was great, I also like the ending how it just cycles over and over.

Galan007
In my opinion, Marvel has milked the zombie thing for way too long now. Granted, the first installment of "Marvel Zombies" was a very fun read, because it was much different than most anything we had seen at the time. Hell, even "Marvel Zombies vs. AoD" was good, because it gave us a better understanding of the zombie plague in general. But the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. 'rounds' of zombie titles have failed to crest the mediocre tier (for me at least.) *shrug*

willRules
I agree with you that the novelty wore off, but I actually think that in terms of quality, Marvel Zombies actualy improved with time. The zombies themselves- deteriated with time.

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by Galan007
In my opinion, Marvel has milked the zombie thing for way too long now. Granted, the first installment of "Marvel Zombies" was a very fun read, because it was much different than most anything we had seen at the time. Hell, even "Marvel Zombies vs. AoD" was good, because it gave us a better understanding of the zombie plague in general. But the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. 'rounds' of zombie titles have failed to crest the mediocre tier (for me at least.) *shrug* According to the watcher shouldn't it be over anyway considering he reduced the zombies timeline to an infinite loop?

Scythe
Marvel Zombies #5 is coming out soon.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/marvel-april-2010-solicitations-100119.html

Kazenji
Got the first part last week, Its set in the wild west (Earth-483) this time.....great read

gonna have to get the rest of the Marvel Zombies trades Fred Van Lente has done he's pretty much nailed the whole idea on its head.

Galan007
Anyone read the Marvel Zombies Halloween Special? I actually thought it was pretty good.

Scythe
Originally posted by Galan007
Anyone read the Marvel Zombies Halloween Special? I actually thought it was pretty good.

What's it about? Have they gone back to like zombie spidey and such?

Galan007
Nah it's more of the new age zombies-- zombie Mettle, zombie Franklin Richards, zombie Squirrel Girl, etc.

I thought it was fun.

basilisk
Pretty good for a one-shot. I liked it more than the last series.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.