Chronicles of Narnia movie rocks!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Aravis3
Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing I absolutely loved the Chronicles of Narnia. They were put together very well, and pretty much stayed with the books. It felt like Lord of the Rings. The music was one of the best things in it. I think that this movie deserves an Academy Award.

Koala MeatPie
Depends how much it sells over the holidays.

Porbly the next Lord of The Rings for Christmas Movies.

Aravis3
What is it with New Zealand? Lord of the Rings and Chronicles of Narnia were big hits, and they both came out of New Zealand. That's just weird.

Mando
Shesh, Another Misplaced Narnia Thread.

Aravis3
I can't wait for CON to be out on DVD already. I only saw it last Friday. I have to tell you, it was one of the best movies that I've seen this year.

gshkris7272
omg this movie was sick! i love it, yeah i cant wait for the movie to come out on dvdsmile!

Aravis3
Please don't use strong language on my posts.

gshkris7272
Originally posted by Aravis3
Please don't use strong language on my posts.

who are you talking to me??

Aravis3
Who else, Clint Eastwood? Yes I'm talking to you.

gshkris7272
wooops, which word was strong??"

Wolfie
I voted "I don't really care" because I just responded to a Narnia thread that was in the proper forum.

gshkris7272
yes...

Aravis3
Duh! omg? Doesn't it stand for Oh My G--? I don't curse Him, and as long as you're replying to this post, please don't use strong language. I've only used it as an example; I don't really use it.

gshkris7272
ohhhh i see, my mad.. i apoligize!

Aravis3
I accept your apology. smile cool

gshkris7272
mercismile

Aravis3
Have you seen the Lord of the Rings trilogy? If you have, doesn't it rock? thumb up

gshkris7272
no i have not... what is it?? (keep in mind ive seen all of the Lord of the Rings)

DeVi| D0do
Oh my god.

Aravis3
Like I told the other person, PLEASE DON'T USE STRONG LANGUAGE! Or I'll have to report it. mad

Aravis3
Actually, I did report it.

DeVi| D0do
Oh, forgive me. I must have missed the ceremony at which you were crowned queen of the forums.

Aravis3
Since I started this post, I really don't appreciate that kind of language. It just makes me think that you're not a very considerate or kind person.

DeVi| D0do
Well, you wouldn't be the first person to make that judgement...

Aravis3
Then I guess I'm right.

DeVi| D0do
Indeed.

Aravis3
That's very sad. sad

DeVi| D0do
Yeah, but what are you gonna do?

Wolfie
Is the phrase "OMG" really something to make an issue out of? Pick your battles.

SnakeEyes
Like I told the other person, PLEASE DON'T USE STRONG LANGUAGE! Or I'll have to report it. mad

Solo
Aravis, you must remember, the dialogue in KMC is PG-13. I believe well all agree the phrase "Oh my God" is inside the PG-13 boundary.

Mando
Originally posted by Solo
Aravis, you must remember, the dialogue in KMC is PG-13. I believe well all agree the phrase "Oh my God" is inside the PG-13 boundary.

Good point, But this whole thread is starting to turn into crap. Not only that but is in the wrong section of the wrong forum.

DeVi| D0do
Lol. It's still funny though.

Aravis3
I've never seen KMC, or even heard of it. I just don't want to foul up my mouth with dirty language. How in the world did we get off talking about that movie anyway?

Aravis3
I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to close this forum for good.

DeVi| D0do
We went off track right about the time I said "Oh my god" I think...

DeVi| D0do
I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to close this forum for good.
Lol. You really have no idea how things work here, do you?

DeVi| D0do
I've never seen KMC, or even heard of it.
laughing laughing laughing

This is just too funny.

bksdrums
I wish they would make the movies out of the books but I thought The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe was the second book in the series. If they were going to try to do like the LOTR, they really shouldv'e started with the first book.

Tptmanno1
Holy shit some people...
You realize they don't care here. And you arn't god of everything, so yea, keep it on topic... or else it really will get closed.

No LWAW was the first, I think the other one was a prequel...

Aravis3
That's a good point. From what I've heard, The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe is the most popular book in the series. But I've heard elsewhere that The Last Battle is the most popular, even surpassing TLWW. And, you're right, The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe IS the second book in the series. I'm hoping, as I'm sure everyone else is, that they'll make enough money on this one that they'll go ahead and make the other six. I guess we'll just have to see. smile

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by Tptmanno1
Holy shit some people...
You realize they don't care here. And you arn't god of everything, so yea, keep it on topic... or else it really will get closed.

No LWAW was the first, I think the other one was a prequel...
Actually I'm pretty sure this wasn't the first book... it's just more well-known.

And there's a thread on this already. http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=5551804#post5551804

Tptmanno1
Did some research and here's what I came up with

1: Chronology vs Publication

C.S Lewis's famous series of children's stories were published between 1950 and 1956, in the following order:

1. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (1950)
2. Prince Caspian(1951)
3. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (1952)
4. The Silver Chair (1953)
5. The Horse and His Boy (1954)
6. The Magicians Nephew(1955)
7. The Last Battle (1956)

All current editions of the books, however, number them in a slightly different order:

1. The Magicians Nephew
2. The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe
3. The Horse and His Boy
4. Prince Caspian
5. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
6. The Silver Chair
7. The Last Battle

This order reflects the chronological sequence of events in the books themselves.

DeVi| D0do
Well, don't I look the fool, now. embarrasment

My bad.

Aravis3

C.S Lewis's famous series of children's stories were published between 1950 and 1956, in the following order:

2. Prince Caspian(1951)

All current editions of the books, however, number them in a slightly different order:

1. The Magicians Nephew
3. The Horse and His Boy
4. Prince Caspian
6. The Silver Chair
7. The Last Battle

This order reflects the chronological sequence of events in the books themselves.

This is in fact true. A lot of people regard the Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe as the first book, especially since they made a movie on it. In fact, I didn't realize that the Magician's Nephew was supposed to be read first; I read it after the Silver Chair and before the Last Battle. Which is how they were originally numbered.

DeVi| D0do
I doubt 'Magician's Nephew' was supposed to be read first, considering it was written five years after LWAW... It's just meant to be read as a prequel.

Tptmanno1
Like "The Hobbit" Originally ment to be a prequel to LOTR...

Storm
The Report button is not a toy Aravis3, please do not abuse it.

Aravis3
I was e-mailed back by Raz, and he or she told me to use the Report to moderators button. If you want, you can contact Raz yourself.

Lana
One report is plenty for a thread.

2. Prince Caspian(1951)

1. The Magicians Nephew
3. The Horse and His Boy
4. Prince Caspian
6. The Silver Chair
7. The Last Battle

I always just knew it by the chronological order....

Aravis3
I asked Raz if I could delete this forum, and Raz told me to use the Report to Moderators button. I'm only doing what Raz suggested.

Lana
Yes, but you do not need to report EVERY post. That is abuse of the report system. One report is plenty.

Aravis3
Yes, it may seem like too much, but that is what Raz told me to do. Raz told me to use the Report to moderators button on EVERY post, including mine.

sk8stuff09
geez its not even that bad of a word....chill out fools

Aravis3
Yeah, but just because the language on KMC is PG-13 doesn't make it right to cuss. "G--- is the slang for Jesus; I wouldn't want to be you when He comes back. smile big grin

Mando
Yeah, but just because the language on KMC is PG-13 doesn't make it right to cuss. "G--- is the slang for Jesus; I wouldn't want to be you when He comes back. smile big grin

"God" is not the slang term for jesus. God is Jahova, The creator of all things (in my religion). Jesus is the savior, who died on the cross for our sins. To fogive us. And in no way is the word "god" a curse word.

Do not mix the 2 up.

again, in my form of religion...

And God will punish you for flooding the report box big grin

Lana
God is slang for Jesus? WTF? No it's not!

Point is, they were doing nothing wrong, and you only need report a thread ONE time. When you flood the report box, other things get buried that may be just a LITTLE bit more important.

Aravis3
In response to Mando's post, I wasn't talking about abusing the word "God" I was talking about the slang for Jesus which is G---. God isn't the slang for Jesus, G--- is. My religion also teaches that God is the Creator of the universe, and that He died for our sins to forgive us. I like your avatar by the way. smile

Aravis3
And God will punish you for flooding the report box big grin

No, He probably won't. I'm sorry if I have appeared bossy. I apologize to everyone that I reported on. I won't report any more. sad

Mando
My religion also teaches that God is the Creator of the universe, and that He died for our sins to forgive us.

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/bangin.gif AGH!

GOD did NOT Die for our sins! Jesus did!

SnakeEyes
Let it go! GOD! Why won't let it go! JESUS!!!

Oh sorry... does that offend you? wink

Solo
Aravis, if I said, hypothetically saying, that I didn't believe in god. Would it offend you?

Aravis3
Sorry my bad. That's what I actually what I meant. What domination are you? I'm Southern Baptist, and my dad's a pastor.

DeVi| D0do
Oh my god! This thread is still going! And we're still talking about god!

BTW, I don't believe in your god. The god I believe isn't so vain enough to care about the context of which I use a certain word...

Solo
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
I don't believe in your god.
Jesus Christ, our lord and savour, will strike down upon you. For you should pray for forgiveness. Hope that one day you may no longer be a sinner. And be a man of hope, faith, and a son of Jesus Christ, our lord and savour.

RedAlertv2
ummmm.... ur kidding right? confused

DeVi| D0do
In response to Mando's post, I wasn't talking about abusing the word "God" I was talking about the slang for Jesus which is G---. God isn't the slang for Jesus, G--- is. My religion also teaches that God is the Creator of the universe, and that He died for our sins to forgive us. I like your avatar by the way. smile
Wait, I'm confused... So what exactly is the supposed slang word for Jesus? Gene? Gaye? Girt? Guss?

Mando
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Wait, I'm confused... So what exactly is the supposed slang word for Jesus? Gene? Gaye? Girt? Guss?

Gosh? Good? or Guns?

Storm
Religion Forum

If you are talking about one thing and want to exchange views about something else, then feel free to start a new thread in the appropriate forum. This one lost its purpose.

Closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.