Do you like, love, or hate your job?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
Do you like, love, or hate your job? I am a correctional officer a.k.a. prison guard for the TDCJ (Texas Department of Criminal Justice) and there is never a dull moment where I work. I get to yell and curse at inmates, and there's always a fight happening between inmates and then we get to use our chemical agents on them! My unit is not too big, but we do have alot of young hot-heads locked up there that love to talk smack and start a scrap when they can. Then that means we get to slam a b*tch!! smile Yes, it can be a dangerous job, because there is always the chance of an officer getting assaulted or, even worse, shanked. But I like my job, nonetheless. What about all of y'all?

amity75
And would you "slam" these "bitches" if you were on your own outside and met one of them in a bar?

Mišt
Hate the job, love the money.

Lightningrod
I hate my job period

Xtremechik2
I love my job. I work in a movie store, what could be better then that?

Impediment
Originally posted by amity75
And would you "slam" these "bitches" if you were on your own outside and met one of them in a bar?

No, of course not. I treat these inmates the way they treat me first. If they act and speak to me as a man and maintain respect, then I will extend the same to them. If you mean that I would needlessly instigate a fight, then no. I have more sense than that, and a professional attitude. What I mean is that if one of them acts up, wants to scrap and goes to swinging, then, yes, I'll slam his ass to the floor, or try my damndest to. Along with the assistance of other officers, as well. Also, I'm, by no means, what you would call a "bad a$$ fighter", but I know how to hold my own and I happen to be 6'4" 225lbs.

silver_tears
I hate my job so much.

DanieLs_4_Ever
I've never had a job before. erm

Rogue Jedi
i like my job. it has its ups and downs.

JesuseyGoodness
I love my job! I was born to eat sleep and do nothing!

Lana
I like my job....just wish that I got paid more and don't have to get up so early.

Raven Guardia
my Job is okay....its money, but I do wish I was in my dream job.

Rogue Jedi
my dream job.......i'll get back to you on that one.

Raven Guardia
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
my dream job.......i'll get back to you on that one.

laughing out loud

Rogue Jedi
i just dont know what it'd be.

Revernd Maynard
love my job droolio....gotta love radio stations yes

Darth_Big_Boy
My job is cake. I watch movies or TV shows all day. smile

Raven Guardia
i just dont know what it'd be.

I think you might be good with working with people.

Rogue Jedi
thats what i do now. thats what i do best.

Impediment
I'd love my job more if they would let me go up for more schools so I can be an instructor, like for chemical agents and firearms. But I don't have enough time yet. I have like another 6 months to go.

Salem07
I love my job!! Even though it's part time because of school, I love it

Blood_Rayne
I love my job big grin

BackFire
I don't have a job, thus, I love it.

Ladyluck
I like my job. It's nothing great but it doesn't suck. The money is nice, too.

BlackSunshine
I love my job...stay at home mom YAY!!! big grin

Leo.M
I love my job big grin and i get free coffee droolio

chris_64256
Depends on what day you ask me I'm lead carpenter for my fathers construction company pay is outstanding but my father and I do not get along never have never will but he has to retire sometime at least thats might thougth.

Impediment
I'm going up for a chemical agents instructor school this month. If I make it, it means I get an extra $100 a month.

Bloigen
MY JOB CAN KICK ALL YOUR JOBS ASSES TWICE!

I love my job.

LiL nAstY GirL
I use to LOVE my job, but now I HATE it

a1hsauce
I love one of my jobs yes

Lord Magnus
School... I hate band but don't mind the rest. And I hate all the people there but love to hate them via witty remarks that they don't understand cause the words aren't monosyllabic.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by Lightningrod
I hate my job period

Syren
I like my job enough to stay there. I work for a legal indemnity company, in admin. It's hardly challenging but it's exacly what I need to earn regular money, work regular hours and be in a position to pay for my web design study. I am thinking about going for promotion though, from admin into underwriting {liaising with solicitors, providing quotes and handling claims etc}, if only for a chance at earning more money but still working the same hours.

Buckaroo
I'm a waiter for a country club. I serve @ banquets, weddings, picnics, etc. There are hardly ever tips because for the most part, the people I serve aren't the rich members that belong to the club. It's usually people like my family going for a special event or something and the don't care to leave a tip. Tips would make my job a lot more bearable. The only thing keeping me there is the super flexible schedule that allows me to continue going to school while making $11.75 an hour. Yes, that's a high amount per hour, but I don't work that many hours in a week. I'm on call, so they can give me up to 5 days one week and the next week not call me at all. It's a very unstable job. I don't flat out hate it, but I don't like it. I can't wait to move on to a better field. It's a humbling experience, though...

Ronny
I need a job erm

Syren
*directs Ronny to the Gent's Club* eyes

redcaped
Jobs hate me when I perform them.

Rogue Jedi
my job is tolerable. i get ok pay, free food, free ld and free use of a high speed computer.

Impediment
I wish my job included the luxury of a computer! LOL

Rogue Jedi
i am working now, eating a free cokie, talking to my friend in chicago on the phone. later tonight, a guest is bringing me a free pizza.

Impediment
Damn you!! stick out tongue

Bloigen
i am working now, eating a free cokie, talking to my friend in chicago on the phone. later tonight, a guest is bringing me a free pizza.

A cokie?

Is that like a coke cookie?

Impediment
Originally posted by Impediment
I'm going up for a chemical agents instructor school this month. If I make it, it means I get an extra $100 a month.
I didn't get the slot. Some other guy got the position, and I'll have to wait for the next school tryouts in May. Oh, well.............I still like my job.

DanteMayCry
i dont hate or love my job i dont like it. but it helps me financially

ladygrim
I loathed my job and got fired for it big grin lol

Impediment
I wish I had my old job working at E.B. Games. That was a sweet job, discussing video games all day and such a cool work environment. I had to leave because I became a dad and needed more income.

Zebina
I love my job. It's upsetting sometimes, but I would never leave it

dave123
I love my job droolio

WrathfulDwarf
I like my job but love the money....

DVD
Video Games
Comic books
Etc...

KENobi™
Originally posted by dave123
I love my job droolio

Ditto.

Morning_Glory
Do you like, love, or hate your job? I am a correctional officer a.k.a. prison guard for the TDCJ (Texas Department of Criminal Justice) and there is never a dull moment where I work. I get to yell and curse at inmates, and there's always a fight happening between inmates and then we get to use our chemical agents on them! My unit is not too big, but we do have alot of young hot-heads locked up there that love to talk smack and start a scrap when they can. Then that means we get to slam a b*tch!! smile Yes, it can be a dangerous job, because there is always the chance of an officer getting assaulted or, even worse, shanked. But I like my job, nonetheless. What about all of y'all?

Im a 411 operator, and it's ok... it makes my day go by really fast,

except today i got called a b*tch by someone in Texas for no reason, but o well

Beyond Image
I work in a Pottery Shop, I think I told you guys that a long time ago, which means I ve stayed with that job for two years. In truth, I m getting bored with that job. I get tired of doing the same thing over and over again, which could explain why I have gone back to school and taken that job part time. Now hopefully, school doesn't become a form of 9 to 5.

Commando King
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE

Impediment
Originally posted by Commando King
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE

Tell us how you really feel...................

BlackSunshine
I wish I had my old job working at E.B. Games. That was a sweet job, discussing video games all day and such a cool work environment. I had to leave because I became a dad and needed more income.

.......... wink

silver_tears
Unemployed baby droolio

But alas I'm soo to be a barista at a coffee house sad

K.Diddy
I ****ing hate my job

DiamondBullets
Aside from college, I have 2 jobs that I like:

1. I'm a waiter at a Thai resturaunt. Tips are good, I like my coworkers, and the employee discount is 50%.

2. University Parking Services---I give people tickets! evil face It's fun and easy money--$8.50 an hour. I accept bribes, like if somebody catches me in the act of giving them a ticket--I'll take 5 bucks and scrap it for them. It's mutually beneficial cuz not only am I getting dough, they're paying a lot less than they would hafta.

Coldfire
I wish I had a job erm

Makedde
I don't have a job yet.

Zebina
Originally posted by Makedde
I don't have a job yet.

22 and no job?

luuuucky

Itzak
Like it. no expression

DanteMayCry
22 no job?

wait a min... youre waiting for a guy who can take care of you huh?

K.Diddy
Originally posted by DanteMayCry
22 no job?

wait a min... youre waiting for a guy who can take care of you huh?

laughing out loud **** that

laughing laughing out loud laughing

Impediment
BUMP.

As some of you may know, I have my Class A CDL and I work for a distributor that sells Anheuser-Busch beer. I am on the road all day, all of my routes are in the Lufkin, TX area, and I get to work, drive, listen to music, and, best of all, I don't have any supervison whatsoever. Except, that is, for the GPS in my truck. Not to mention a $700 a week paycheck.

This is what I drive:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c166/Impediment/beertruck.jpg

I like my job.

ScarletSpeed
I love my Job (I do nothing)
I like my Co-Workers (all but one)
I hate my wages (they suck)

trevor9999
I WANT A JOB...SAY COULD YOU GET ME HOOKED UP WITH A JOB LIKE YOURS IMPEDIMENT?

Impediment
Get a Class A CDL first.

chillmeistergen
I'm loving not having a job at the moment, it's brilliant.

=Tired Hiker=
I love my job, but it could pay more . ..

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by chillmeistergen

Genius, I say! How do you do it? euro

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
Genius, I say! How do you do it? euro

University and all that.

=Tired Hiker=
Here here. You should just keep taking out student loans until you die, then just surf all the time.

Robtard
Originally posted by chillmeistergen

Did you have to turn in your box-cutter, or did you nick it on the way out?

=Tired Hiker=
Here here. You should just keep taking out student loans until you die, then just surf all the time.

Seriously, that not a bad idea. hmm

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by Robtard
Did you have to turn in your box-cutter, or did you nick it on the way out?

Nicked about 5.

Seriously, that not a bad idea. hmm

It isn't actually, maybe I'll give it a go.

Mairuzu
Well, my job is very boring...

But I practically get to go online all day.

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Well, my job is very boring...

But I practically get to go online all day.
Sounds like my job, except for the occasional interview. What do you do exactly, Mair?

AngryManatee
My part time job's not bad. Tech Support job. Sit around and either browse the internets or do homework. Get the occasional call from an employee about some issue with hard/software/facilities/etc. Tell them they're stupid (actually had an employee who kept turning off her moniter when I was telling her to turn off her computer by holding down the power button). Repeat. $500 biweekly. My only complaint is that it gets in the way of Formula SAE.

Mairuzu
Sounds like my job, except for the occasional interview. What do you do exactly, Mair? I'm in sales at a steel company

we distribute/fabricate/deliver

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by Mairuzu
I'm in sales at a steel company

we distribute/fabricate/deliver

Oh yeah, I knew that at one time I think. Do you guys strip down and recyble metal?

Rogue Jedi
LOVE my job.

=Tired Hiker=
I love your job too, RJ.

Mairuzu
Oh yeah, I knew that at one time I think. Do you guys strip down and recyble metal? No, someone buys the scraps from us and recycles them tho

=Tired Hiker=
k

=Tired Hiker=
I heard there's some guy who goes around and collects old cars and crap that were tossed out into the desert here in Vegas, and he takes them to a metal recycle place and he rakes in about 3 grand a week.

Rogue Jedi
I love your job too, RJ. I got that, BTW shifty

Ahsoka Tano
My job is tough. It's said to be quite glamorous. I disagree...

Pimpin' ain't easy.

Dorian Belmont
meh

geshien
Well, I'm getting a promotion and I do enjoy it more than loathe it.

Dorian Belmont
i dont like my job but i also dont hate it

Kelly_Bean
It's okay. I have good days at work and I have bad days (or should I say nights since I work 3rd currently?). Most of the time it depends on if I sleep good during the day or not and what machine I get assigned to for that day.

occultdestroyer
I hate going to school.
Kinda sucks being a student, especially when you see teh same biatches you had sex with the past year.

Mairuzu
I heard there's some guy who goes around and collects old cars and crap that were tossed out into the desert here in Vegas, and he takes them to a metal recycle place and he rakes in about 3 grand a week. k

BlackSunshine
I work for an Insurance Agency part time. I file paperwork and listen to music on my ipod while doing so. It's pretty nice because I dont have to deal with idiots anymore. Soooo I guess you could say I like my job. smile

Dorian Belmont
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
I hate going to school.
Kinda sucks being a student, especially when you see teh same biatches you had sex with the past year. well that was revealing

DeNiro
I love my job infact i am there right now doing nothing playing on KMC

~Wĺlshy~
Originally posted by DeNiro
I love my job infact i am there right now doing nothing playing on KMC get back to work crackers

@stroFan
I like the pay, I hate the work. stick out tongue

gefallen_engel
I both love and hate my job

Kelly_Bean
I love my job. I'm a prostitute!

Just kidding.

cruel jedi
i hate mine!

Unicom sucks donkey dick

chillybanana
The job itself is fine, the manager is an idiot and the money's great thumb up

Phucked Up
So far I'm liking my new job. smile

PrincessNk
Job meaning School??
It's okay...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.