Overclocking Help

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mišt
Ok, Ive got a 3.4ghz 775 P4, at the moment its running at 3.65 no probs, but since the chip has that gay overclocking protection crap, how can I get it to run higher? What voltage do I set the CPU to increase the clock speed?

Also, is there any easy overclocking software so I dont have to go into the bios everytime?

Koala MeatPie
I would suggest overclocking, You will get too many problems...

And A LOT of games have probelms with overclocking, Take F.E.A.R. for example, crashs liek crazy.

Do yourself a favour, don't voerclock, but if you want to, then do.

Mišt
I just spent the last half an hour mucking around in bios. I increased the CPU fan speed, increased the CPU to about 1.46 before it shuts itself down, got the CPU running at 3.7ghz, but if I try and go higher it just resets itself back to 3.4.

Hit_and_Miss
you should look into getting the case colder... with more fans or a water cooler

Mišt
Its not the case, its the overclocking protection on the 775 chip, is there any way to get over it? Ive got 3 120mm fans already, plus the cpu fan, its running pretty cool at the moment.

The protection limits the overclocking amount to 10% of your default chip speed, so Ive reached that amount already.

Koala MeatPie
All I did is type in:

overclocking protection and 775 chip

in Google.

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/198

Mišt
I think Im just gonna stick with the speed Ive got now....I tried going a bit higher, and totally fecked up the computer. It wouldnt load past the first screen, I couldnt get into the bios to fix it.

Learnt my lesson.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.