Top 10 Alien Movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Myth
What are your top 10 movies where aliens are the theme of the movie? Just because a movie has aliens in it does not make it an alien movie (at least not in this questionnaire). For example, Star Wars does not count as an alien movie just because it has aliens in it. Also in my criteria, the movie must show the alien as something other than human as well too. This for example excludes K-Pax and Contact.

1. Aliens
2. Predator
3. Alien
4. The Thing
5. Signs
6. Alien Resurrection
7. Alien 3
8. Independence Day
9. Men in Black
10. Mars Attacks

Honorable mention: E.T. - Its a great film, just not my cup of tea.
Virus (hey! I found it entertaining, ok!?!)
Enemy Mine
Evolution
MIB2
Pitch Black

Tired Hiker
Your top ten pretty much sums it up for me. I'm glad to see The Thing up there! I'd have to add 'Alien Nation' to the list though.

Myth
I'm amazed at how many people haven't seen The Thing. They don't quite make movies like that anymore, its a shame. However, I'm not sure if I've seen Alien Nation.

MildPossession
Wasn't Virus a robot? if you mean the Jamie Lee Curtis movie... or am I lost.

stunna1773
Originally posted by MildPossession
Wasn't Virus a robot? if you mean the Jamie Lee Curtis movie... or am I lost.
the virus was a computer virus in space that came to the satellite to the russian naval ship killing both people in the satellite and everyone but one person on the ship

Spartan005
Mars Attacks sucked big grin

MildPossession
I really enjoyed Mars Attacks, fun movie.

Mando
Aliens eh?

1. Aliens
2. Predator
3. Alien
4. War of the worlds (original)
5. Independence day
6. E.T.
7. Close encounters of the third kind
8. Predator 2
9. Mars attacks
10. MIB

ladygrim
Predator
Alien
War of the worlds
Independence day
E.T.
Close encounters of the third kind
MIB
Signs

Wolfie
Originally posted by Myth
What are your top 10 movies where aliens are the theme of the movie? Just because a movie has aliens in it does not make it an alien movie (at least not in this questionnaire). For example, Star Wars does not count as an alien movie just because it has aliens in it. Also in my criteria, the movie must show the alien as something other than human as well too. This for example excludes K-Pax and Contact.

1. Aliens
2. Predator
3. Alien
4. The Thing
5. Signs
6. Alien Resurrection
7. Alien 3
8. Independence Day
9. Men in Black
10. Mars Attacks

Honorable mention: E.T. - Its a great film, just not my cup of tea.
Virus (hey! I found it entertaining, ok!?!)
Enemy Mine
Evolution
MIB2
Pitch Black
I'm surprised that you named all of the Alien movies.

Solo
1. Invasion of the Body Snatchers
2. Alien
3. The Thing
4. Aliens
5. Signs

MildPossession
Solo- The original Invasion? or one of the others?

Solo
Originally posted by MildPossession
Solo- The original Invasion? or one of the others?

Didn't put the date because it's a tie between the 1956 film, and the one in 1978.

Both equally amazing takes, IMO.

Mindship
No one mentioned this classic (maybe because people tend not to think of it as an "alien" movie). Not only is this movie considered The Best Sci Fi Movie Ever, it is considered One of The Best Movies Ever, Period.

2001: a space odyssey

No other movie even comes close to capturing a realistic sense of a first encounter, a realistic sense of what an "advanced alien race" might be like.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.