Why did Catwoman flop?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dove
With such a sexy lead lady and all the usual fight gore action why did catwoman suck so bad? i think it's the worst of the lot. but what do you think?

DarkCrawler
Because it had absolutely nothing to do with Catwoman.

I think that was what bothered the fans most.

And it wasn't good in terms of acting...in terms of anything.

WindDancer
Because Halle Berry is overrated and the custome look like crap.

roughrider
My first glimpse of that costume, I knew it would be crap, and they weren't doing it seriously. And when I found out it wasn't even Selina Kyle, that was the last straw.

It flopping is proof of justice in the world.

NoFate007
1. Catwoman had a different name, race, and story
2. Bad writing I assume, I never saw it
3. Bad directing too probably
4. Bad acting probably
5. Complete disregard for the true identity of the character
6. Chick superheroes aren't as popular
7. There was no demand for it.
8. Marketing even made it look bad
9. Costume was wrong

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by dove
With such a sexy lead lady and all the usual fight gore action why did catwoman suck so bad? i think it's the worst of the lot. but what do you think?

1. We see sexy ladies and movies with fights and gore on a daily basis. So the orign level was lost there.

2. Comic fans could care less because it:
A. Was not set in gotham city.
B. Acted like the Batman Universe did not exist.

3. From what I heard it was a crap movie to begin with, and all of the prerelease reviews lampooned it.

Swanky-Tuna
I agree about the name. I thought it was dumb making it a movie about A Catwoman and not THE Catwoman. Just using the name to try to bring in the comic book crowd I guess. Comic book nerds are bitter though so that was a big mistake.

DarkCrawler
Besides, it was directed by some odd freak.

SpyCspider
hahaha yea seriously, they thought it was named Catwoman and comic fans would consequently go watch it?

they should know and EXPECT comic book fans to be outraged for their idiocy

brainchild81
I was unfortunate enough to see it on HBO a while ago. Halle is one of the sexiest, most beautiful women in the world, but she obviously doesn't know a horrible script when she sees one. This movie still could have been good if they didn't let fetuses write and direct it. Even the camera work was bad. This is as bad as that "Birds of Prey" show from a while back. I wish there'd be @ least one good female comic book flick. I haven't seen Aeon Flux yet. Maybe that's the one.

NoFate007
The first good female comic flick I think is gonna end up being Wonder Woman...however...I may be speaking too soon lol

brainchild81
If the can make a good WW flick, they deserve the Nobel prize. laughing WW bores the Hell outta me.

NoFate007
Same here lol. Still, she's better than friggin Hawkgirl

brainchild81
I like HG on JLU

Doc Ock
Originally posted by NoFate007
4. Bad acting probably
9. Costume was wrong

yes

Mr Parker
The first good female comic flick I think is gonna end up being Wonder Woman...however...I may be speaking too soon lol
actually there already HAS been one.That belongs to Elektra.

Mr Parker
4. Bad acting probably
9. Costume was wrong

yep thats pretty much why it was such a horrible movie and why it flopped.

Silverstein
i hear a hawaiian dude did the stunts for halle berry laughing out loud

KmcKarma
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Because it had absolutely nothing to do with Catwoman.

I think that was what bothered the fans most.

And it wasn't good in terms of acting...in terms of anything.

Exactly

roughrider
Originally posted by Mr Parker
actually there already HAS been one.That belongs to Elektra.

Like we said - we're still waiting for the first good female comic-book film. wink

DarkCrawler
Elektra...was not good.

Better the Catwoman, though.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by roughrider
Like we said - we're still waiting for the first good female comic-book film. wink

and like I said,you dont have to wait any longer because hollywood FINALLY delivered with elektra. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ultimate Hulk43
Elektra was actually a good movie but I think it needed to be longer.Catwoman was okay,like a 3 1/2 out of 10.

Mr Parker
No argument from me there that it needed to be longer,I wont deny it could have been better,but it was a 100x's better than catwoman,for some people to say it was as bad as catwoman like I have seen people say before,is just plain stupid and ignorant.

vaya_the_elf
Originally posted by dove

Could it be that they had a bad plot? or that the character was messed up?

I think that would be why. Let's face it just because guys want to see girls in movies, and stuff does not mean they need to destroy a character over it.

Jade Chihuahua
I still cant believe they actually put the DC logo on the opening credits... that movie could not have had to less with the Dc Catwoman if it was played by a guy......bad characterisation, really bad plot, make for a really, really bad movie!

vaya_the_elf
Thats how i feel as well

Bardock42
Cause they failed to get Comic Fans to want to watch it.

And well..It probably just sucked big time...after Trailer and Posters I just hadn't the urge to watch it..in fact I told everyone not to watch it...

vaya_the_elf
Good advice smile

Bardock42
Originally posted by vaya_the_elf
Could it be that they had a bad plot? or that the character was messed up?

I think that would be why. Let's face it just because guys want to see girls in movies, and stuff does not mean they need to destroy a character over it.
Especially since Catwoman is drooliolicous anyways.

vaya_the_elf
I mean there are lot of girls that are good looking i think??? that could play the part well, and look good so the guys are happy. They don't have to make the character awful.

Ultimate Hulk43
At first I liked the movie but now that I'm getting older it starts to bore me.One time this summer me and my dad were looking at it and about 10 minutes in I just went to bed.It's not that bad,well,some scenes but it could've been better.Let's hope that the second one is better.Maybe they'll have her find out her REAL name is Selina Kyle and she decides to move to Gotham where she becomes a burglar and fights Batman and they fall and love and aww.....you know the rest. big grin

Bardock42
Originally posted by Ultimate Hulk43
At first I liked the movie but now that I'm getting older it starts to bore me.One time this summer me and my dad were looking at it and about 10 minutes in I just went to bed.It's not that bad,well,some scenes but it could've been better.Let's hope that the second one is better.Maybe they'll have her find out her REAL name is Selina Kyle and she decides to move to Gotham where she becomes a burglar and fights Batman and they fall and love and aww.....you know the rest. big grin

Yeah that would be great...and not to sound racist she could do what michael jackson did too no expression

But why? Why do they have to make another Catwoman Movie totally unneccessary. There are hundreds of DC heroes who deserve a movie much more than Catwoman does

Lucid Lui
Because it was one of the most terrible pieces of cinema in a long time...

As was Elektra... Punisher... Daredevil...

*shudders*

vaya_the_elf
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Because it was one of the most terrible pieces of cinema in a long time...

As was Elektra... Punisher... Daredevil...

*shudders*

^ agrees yes

Ultimate Hulk43
Originally posted by Bardock42
Yeah that would be great...and not to sound racist she could do what michael jackson did too no expression

But why? Why do they have to make another Catwoman Movie totally unneccessary. There are hundreds of DC heroes who deserve a movie much more than Catwoman does

Why would Halle Berry want to bleach her body and make herself ugly like Michael Jackson?That's the stupidest suggestion ever.

vaya_the_elf
Don't forget messed up

Ultimate Hulk43
What?

vaya_the_elf
Read the post before me

Bardock42
Why would Halle Berry want to bleach her body and make herself ugly like Michael Jackson?That's the stupidest suggestion ever.

Oh i totally agree, she shouldn't...but if she doesn't she shouldn't be casted as catwoman. I mean what next we could cast an asian as Martin Luther King. Or a Lation playing Bruce Lee in his autobiography. Now I am totally fine with Ford Prefect being a black man, since it was never mentioned in the books or Radio Show, but we know what Catwoman does look like she is a white woman with black hair.

Bardock42
DAMN...I sound racist.

kanis
batman the thing that gets me is that why is catwoman movie versions has supernatural cat like abilities when really selina kyle has no supernatural ability whatso ever and relies on skill and the training she got when she was younger, yeah she likes cats but thats about it.

vaya_the_elf
Originally posted by kanis
batman the thing that gets me is that why is catwoman movie versions has supernatural cat like abilities when really selina kyle has no supernatural ability whatso ever and relies on skill and the training she got when she was younger, yeah she likes cats but thats about it.

Never did think about that

Ultimate Hulk43
Oh i totally agree, she shouldn't...but if she doesn't she shouldn't be casted as catwoman. I mean what next we could cast an asian as Martin Luther King. Or a Lation playing Bruce Lee in his autobiography. Now I am totally fine with Ford Prefect being a black man, since it was never mentioned in the books or Radio Show, but we know what Catwoman does look like she is a white woman with black hair.

It doesn't matter what race you are.Jessica Alba is part Latin and she did a fine job as the Invisible Woman.Race doesn't matter,acting skills do.

NoFate007
Race does matter. Would you cast a black man as Superman? You gotta stay true to the character. If they don't look the part, what's the point? Al Pacino is one of the best actors out there, but would you cast him as Black Panther? Doubt it. And if you answer yes to that you're a total moron lol

vaya_the_elf
Better yet would you cast a white man for blade? That would be kind of funny

NoFate007
Yeah I'd like to see Denzel Washington play Captain America

Stealth Agent
^ laughing out loud

Bardock42
It doesn't matter what race you are.Jessica Alba is part Latin and she did a fine job as the Invisible Woman.Race doesn't matter,acting skills do.

Jessica Alba looked something like Sue Storm thoguh....Halle Berry didn't.

Silverstein
Now I am totally fine with Ford Prefect being a black man, since it was never mentioned in the books or Radio Show

they shoulda got Dave Chappelle as Ford. THAT would have been funny.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.