dumbledore

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

scurran
i know youve head this before but im absolutely sure tha DD has a horcrux, there are little hints that JK gives us:
1. he is very old, he is 150 so he could have one(every one has a past)
2. He opposes them alot, so that could mean he regrets it
3. in the first book he tells prof mc gonagall that he trusts hagrid with his life, could this mean that hagrid has it hidden?
4. fawkes is always there and could be IT!

(just a few thoughts)

undomiel
dumbledore would never commit murder.

DarkC
Originally posted by scurran
i know youve head this before but im absolutely sure tha DD has a horcrux, there are little hints that JK gives us:
3. in the first book he tells prof mc gonagall that he trusts hagrid with his life, could this mean that hagrid has it hidden?

(just a few thoughts)
1.) Where in the bloody hell did you get that he was 150?
2.) Tom got the idea for them. He didn't want any others to take interest.
3.) He said that because he wants the readers to see the extent of his trust in the half-giant, unwavering.
4.) The essence of Phoenixes never gets destroyed.

exanda kane
I've read that hes 150 numerous times.

DarkC
Originally posted by exanda kane
I've read that hes 150 numerous times.
From where? Unless it's from J.K. Rowling herself or listed in one of the books, it's pretty much made-up stuff or rumors.

undomiel
JKR said he was about 150 in one of her interviews. cant remember which one.

TheSun
Originally posted by DarkC
From where? Unless it's from J.K. Rowling herself or listed in one of the books, it's pretty much made-up stuff or rumors.
He's definitely 150, Mcgonagall is in her 70s, Snape in his 30s.

exanda kane
I'm sure its stated in the books.

scurran
Originally posted by TheSun
He's definitely 150, Mcgonagall is in her 70s, Snape in his 30s.

thats it!

DarkC
He's 150 then, but he's no horcrux. If that were the case, then Voldemort wouldn't have shot killing curses in their duel in the Department of Mysteries.

undomiel
He's 150 then, but he's no horcrux. If that were the case, then Voldemort wouldn't have shot killing curses in their duel in the Department of Mysteries.
why not?

dagurlhoolived
because once the original person is dead, its much harder to find his horcruxes, not to mention that if dumbledore did have horcruxes though, its not certain that voldy would know and know not to kill dumbledore. dumbledore is-sorry was-sniff-the most powerfull wizard, if anyone could conceal a horcrux, he could!

DarkC
Originally posted by undomiel
why not?
Because Voldemort would've been in a duel with a portion of his own soul. I hardly think he'd rashly destroy it so readily.

Council#13
If Dumbledore had a horcrux, he wouldnt have needed harry to find out what it was from Sludgehorn

daeri
It's not so weird that Dumbledore is 150 years old, magic people just get much older then normal people...

scurran

he did, but fawkes swallowed it

scurran
Originally posted by Council#13
If Dumbledore had a horcrux, he wouldnt have needed harry to find out what it was from Sludgehorn

dumbledore already knew about the hocruxes, beacuse he had the ring and the diary

Emerika
Dumbledore deafeated Grindelwald remember? On the chocolate frog card. So he did murder someone.

DarkC
he did, but fawkes swallowed it
My point being, he wouldn't have attempted to kill Dumbledore if Dumbledore was a horcrux.

Imperial_Samura
I think whats being said is not that Dumbledore WAS a horcrux, rather that he has one - so Voldermort could fight him, but if he killed Dumbledore then Dumbledore wouldn't really be dead (rather I guess he would be in the state Voldermort was before his resurrection.) One assumes no one would know this (who would think a great and good wizard would have such a dark secret?)

And Dumbledore does know about them, he just needed Slughorn's memory to confirm his suspicions and reveal Tom Riddle's intentions (the seven horcrux theory.) And he is old, probably battled and killed dark wizards at some point, so I guess there's a chance.

Still, I don't think he would have made one. It doesn't seem like something Dumbledore would do, after all, he has the whole thing about not being scared of death, about there being worse things then death (though that could refer to the horcrux unlife I guess) and it doesn't really fit in narratively, if it turns out Dumbledore is alive thanks to dark and evil magic utilised by people like Voldermort, well it's just not in character. Of course it could be asked why he is so against them if he hasn't one and seen what it's like, well I think if he fought and defeated at least one powerful dark wizard (Grindelwald in 1945) he may have seen them in action, perhaps Grindelwald had a horcrux? Perhaps Gridelwald was a Nazi, though that's beside the point, although it would be nice to think Dumbledore fought against the Nazis. That'll teach 'em.

And beside, doesn't the splitting of the soul have effects on the person, both physical and mental? Granted he wouldn't have done it enough to end up looking like Voldermort, but in terms of personality and physical appearance it just doesn't look likely.

As to Dumbledore's age, I too have heard it put at 150 or more, but then perhaps we can deduce it. We know he was around in 1945, and probably had finished school and was powerful enough to defeat a dark wizard (which warranted being recorded on the frog card, so a powerful dark wizard), I'm thinking at least 19 or 20 years of age, most likely a lot more. Likewise, he worked with Nicolas Flamel, who was 665 thanks to the philosophers stone, how long did he work with Flamel? Probably not for 600 years, but a few, he was called his partner after all, and there are no indications he worked with him while he was headmaster, or maybe even as teacher at Hogwarts, so prior to working there (how long has Dumbledore been at Hogwarts?.)

scurran
My point being, he wouldn't have attempted to kill Dumbledore if Dumbledore was a horcrux.
i dont mean that DD is a horcrux i mean that he has one

scurran
Originally posted by daeri
magic people just get much older then normal people...

im sure thats right because, voldy killed his father and grand parents in 1943 so that would mean that most of the wizarding community is VERY old

DarkC
No, otherwise he would have destroyed it as soon as he could.

Ashea16Chic

in the first place why would dumbledore want a horcrux for himself?

>> to what... defeat Voldemort?

but D even said to Harry
"I don't care how many nameless and faceless people die as long as YOU live"

^^ well those aren't the exact words but the thought is there stick out tongue

my point is...
dumbledore's fate was sealed the moment the propechy was made...
only Harry can defeat the dark lord
and dumbledore KNEW and ACKNOWLEDGED this fact...
meaning he resigned himself to protect harry until the final battle came...

sammii
i dunno if dd has 1 coz hes sayin how terrible they r that cud mean hes dun 1 n regretted it wich i doubt or he genuinely is the greatest wizard of the age n what happend wiv dat locket who has the real 1 ?

16carlos1989

i dont think Dumbledore has a horcrux i mean read it, he wouldnt of killed anyone, Dumbledore is too nice for want of a better word.
its just highly unlikely that he would kill anyone.

Taig Man
I don't think dumbledore living so long has anything to do with horcruxes. I think it's in his blood. His brother aberforth is still alive and he's only a few years younger. And I really really doubt both of them would have horcruxes.

Dresta
Why bumb this thread, as it's now obvios that Dumbledore didn't have a Horcrux.

jasonowens4200
yea he wouldnt be in a tomb if that was the case magical people live longer cuz theyre magical and to who said dd killed grinwald he didnt kill him he got locked up

Selina*Starfire

(just a few thoughts)

Sorry but that's the stupidest thing I ever heard.

scurran
Originally posted by Selina*Starfire

Even i agree that now. But it only seems stupid after people have read DH. The last post before Dh was made on the 29th of Dec 2006. Back when all people where doing was specualting.

I forgot i even posted that. Anyway we all know what happened, so i dont know why the thread was bumpped.

Arianna
dumbledore would never commit murder. Today I was tidying out my school trunk just in time to re-pack it and I found a diary I wrote in 2003, it said:

"I saw a film about pirates today, my DAD took me because Lorna has gone back to her house for three weeks. I liked the film, except according to the book that used to belong to my mum, EVERY character is supposed to have a flaw, but I couldn't see one in the girl called Elizabeth. That makes her perfect. I asked my dad, but he didn't answer. I think that she must have been perfect like Dumbeldore, he's perfect because he's never done anything wrong and he will always be the best person on the good side. I think he will get rid of Voldemort, but he won't kill him because Dumbeldore is too kind to kill anyone."

Ironic isn't it how we all believed Dumbeldore was so pure and innocent all along. However if we'd had any faith in JK Rowling we would have realised that she would have created a flaw for him even if it was small.

Arianna
woops! sorry for the double post I meant to edit but hit quote instead IGNORE ME PLEASE!

Melcórë
It wasn't that big a flaw. Dumbledore was simply an idealistic teen who needed to be shown the error of his ideas; Ariana's death seemed to do that for him.

The differences between the adolescent Dumbledore and Riddle were that, while Dumbledore was able to feel compassion, love and regret, Riddle could not, because he wallowed in self-pity and his delusions. Grindelwald, while obviously a flawed and malicious person, was able to feel some of those emotions, as is seen from his supposed repentance - although, of cource, that doesn't excuse his heinous actions.

I don't believe Dumbledore would have never been able to put any of his ideas into practice, because, after thinking it through, he would have realized that they could not be carried out without there being too much far too much gratuity.

Unicor777
Originally posted by Selina*Starfire

Sorry but I don't think so. Slowly this whole discussion turned in to Dumbledore, present, past and future. Although we know the answers that JK Rowling gave us in DH, I still think that the possibility of DD having hroncrux is there. this speculation is based on his personality described in the DH. I mean, great man (or woman) make greater mistakes.

So the fact that DD is the symbol of good in the books, it doesn't mean that he was not mingling with the Dark Arts in his past. Even if he was, and managed to defeat his greatest and most dangerous enemy- him self- and come to the good side, make him even a bigger man, a better leader. Making mistakes him self, he knowns not to trust Snape with the DADA teaching \, until the last moment.

So out hero, DD could have mingled with horncruxes him self, perhaps one, that he him self has destroyed it after (once that the idea for revolution developed together with Grindelwald calmed down). Thats why he knows so much, thats what puts him in a higher liege then Voldermort.

Blue_Hefner
dumbledore would never commit murder.

He certainly seemed ready to kill Snape. And what ever happened to Grindlewald or whatever his name is? Nevermind that, it seems Tom got rid of him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.