Is there a War on Christmas in the US?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Shakyamunison

botankus
Companies and radio/television stations can say whatever they want to and it doesn't bother me one bit.

I'll still say Merry Christmas like I always have.

eggmayo
I heard you aren't allowed to call them Christmas lights anymore, and now the PC term is Festive Lights erm

PVS
just bill oreilly and rush limbaugh trying to ruin the christmas season with hyped up irrational fear, paranoia, and a sprinkle of racism.

how dare anyone not say "merry christmas" and curse anyone that says "happy holidays" instead....but then bush sends out white house christmas cards which say "happy holidays" and they shut their holes but quick. roll eyes (sarcastic)

pay it no mind

soleran30
lol its a merry time for Festivus the holiday fer the rest of us. I still say merry christmas also lame PC.

botankus
Now if some relative showed up for Christmas and greeted us with "Happy Holidays," even though they've been saying "Merry Christmas" for 20 years, that would be strange and I'd have no choice but to say, "Influenced much?"

BackFire
I say Merry Christmas. I don't bullshit myself into thinking that this time of year would be anything similar to what it is if it weren't for Christmas.

I think people who get pissed off over someone saying "Merry Christmas" to them is a dipshit, on the same token, I think anyone who gets mad over someone saying "Happy Holidays" is stupid. It's just someones way of trying to be pleasant to you if they say either one of those phrases, you should be happy that they took the time to wish you a happy anything.

KidRock
Dirty liberal democrats trying to stomp out more of our freedoms that's all. If O'reilly didnt stand up and say something nobody else would have, because they are pussys.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by KidRock
Dirty liberal democrats trying to stomp out more of our freedoms that's all. If O'reilly didnt stand up and say something nobody else would have, because they are pussys.

That is one thing I like about you kid, there is no wondering about how you feel on this subject. laughing

Capt_Fantastic
I think this war on xmas is kinda silly. I mean, what would better serve the cause of religion NOT being a dividing factor between one American and the next, more than not talking about it ALL the time. I know I have my part in hating what the christian right has done to personal freedoms in this country...so, as a result, they sort of have this fight coming. But, for the most part, the more of a deal we make about any one religion...then the longer we're going to have to fight the fight.

However, I do agree that xmas is under fire, but no more than would Islam be if it was so visual an aspect of the holiday season. Sure, this country was founded by christian fanatics...but that's not the only group that practices it's religion OR IT'S FREEDOMS, in this country.

So, have all the nativity scenes you want...but allow other religions to be represented equally.

PVS
yes, lets defend the spirit of christmas by calling half the country "pussies" and "standing up to them" for nothing more than the wish to not have jesus pushed in their faces. christmas spirit indeed. we will decorate our christmas trees with their filthy liberal entrails and sing "joy to the world"

man, neo-cons are such frikin hypocrites. they'll piss and ruin christmas just to spite liberals. well, ill be enjoying my christmas, thank you. smile

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by PVS
yes, lets defend the spirit of christmas by calling half the country "pussies" and "standing up to them" for nothing more than the wish to not have jesus pushed in their faces. christmas spirit indeed. we will decorate our christmas trees with their filthy liberal entrails and sing "joy to the world"

man, neo-cons are such frikin hypocrites. they'll piss and ruin christmas just to spite liberals. well, ill be enjoying my christmas, thank you. smile

You're absolutely right. I come from NC, the heart of the red state mentality. And I've seen jewish holiday displays that were torn down in the middle of the night on the front page of the local papers the next morning. No one does that to xmas displays...at least not in NC.

KidRock
Originally posted by PVS

You mean youll be enjoying your "holidays". We dont want the liberals on our ass now do we? cool

PVS
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
Sure, this country was founded by christian fanatics...

check this out

http://www.sullivan-county.com/news/ffnc/

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by PVS
check this out

http://www.sullivan-county.com/news/ffnc/

While I respect that entirely....and, more importantly agree with it: The fanatics to which I was referring was the "pilgrims". There can be no doubt that they came to this "untamed wilderness" because they were being chased out of England...due to their religious fanaticism.

The page you posted certainly makes a huge amount of sense...considering the freedoms implied in the constitution.

Cheers

PVS
oh, you meant THOSE christian fanatics stick out tongue

Imaginary
Ok, WTF? You Americans are STRANGE.

We just say "Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, have a safe holiday" Nobody's gonna kick up a big fuss because the principal didn't say "Happy Hannukah and Kwanzaa and Ramadan" during the school address.

BobbyD
I don't have a problem with Merry X-mas, per se. But, working for HR, it's important to be politically correct, even if means you're against it. Thus our party is referred to as a "Holiday Party", and not an "X-mas" party so no one will be offended.

It is what it is.

debbiejo
Merry Christmas is in the hearts who want to cherish something special.Merry Christmas to those who seek it.

Adam_PoE

botankus
Don't forget that people have been saying "Seasons Greetings" for decades.

Dagons Blade
Originally posted by botankus
Don't forget that people have been saying "Seasons Greetings" for decades.

Point well taken big grin

I say "Merry Christmas" because that's how I was raised. It was known as Christmas and still is. I also have no problem with "Happy Holidays" because it specifies that while it is a holiday season, no specific religion is being forced, it's just a recognition of the current holiday season.

However, this new thing with taking Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny off the Coke cans? WTF? How are THEY pushing religion down anyone's throat?

That's the one area that pisses me with people who are so PC-they either try to make it sound THEIR way, or failing in that, try to alter the holiday so that NOONE can have it, under the guise of fairness to all.
The biggest hypocritical move of all...banning something under fairness to everyone to suit your own outcome.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, God Bless? Who cares, man? It's a holiday, so let's celebrate! big grin

debbiejo
Even though Christmas isn't really the birthday of Jesus and more the birthday of the Sun god Mithra, we could always say Merry Mirthra day...I have noticed in schools that instead of Christmas break, it's now called Winter Break...

botankus
Originally posted by debbiejo
Even though Christmas isn't really the birthday of Jesus and more the birthday of the Sun god Mithra, we could always say Merry Mirthra day...I have noticed in schools that instead of Christmas break, it's now called Winter Break...

Hell, if was really a Winter Break, the days off would be in January and February, not December!

Dagons Blade

I always was impressed by something. You know how the city of Bethlehem is supposed to be Jesus' birthplace? It's odd how Arabs and Jews spend 364 days a year fighting over the West Bank, and yet they always have a truce on Christmas Eve going into Christmas Day because they BOTH recognize the religious importance of the area.

If they can get along for ONE day, I'd like to see the rest of the 364 days too. And BTW-Winter Break sounds pretty cool too, we could always use a break from winter. smile

debbiejo
Happy Mithra Day, same as RA day....RA RA RA!..For he is the fun god.....

OH, and there are always disputes on taking down Manger scenes around here also.

PVS
Originally posted by Dagons Blade
However, this new thing with taking Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny off the Coke cans? WTF? How are THEY pushing religion down anyone's throat?

a flawed point.
if jews came up with a 'hanukkah fairy' does that mean we should have that pushed in our faces, since clearly it has nothing to do with judaism?

however it comes to my point, if neo-cons are so concerned with the birth of christ taking precidence over other holidays, why do they tolerate the dominating element of pagan rituals? apart from the occasional nativity scene and like 2 of the many christmas carols, jesus has been completely erased from his own birthday. why are they not outraged by this?

its nothing more than pissing and moaning based on nothing.

someone should write a childrens book about these people.
"the grinch who politicised christmas" starring bill oreilly

Dagons Blade
Originally posted by PVS
a flawed point.
if jews came up with a 'hanukkah fairy' does that mean we should have that pushed in our faces, since clearly it has nothing to do with judaism?

however it comes to my point, if neo-cons are so concerned with the birth of christ taking precidence over other holidays, why do they tolerate the dominating element of pagan rituals? apart from the occasional nativity scene and like 2 of the many christmas carols, jesus has been completely erased from his own birthday. why are they not outraged by this?

its nothing more than pissing and moaning based on nothing.

someone should write a childrens book about these people.
"the grinch who politicised christmas" starring bill oreilly

Well the last part of the post may be true, but it's just that I don't see the threat Old St. Nick poses. He dosen't look that menacing, does he? There again "Silent Night Deadly Night" showed us the dark side of Santa, lol

While we aren't true to the religions to the black letter, using what are seen as pagan symbols to symbolise the holiday..well in it's own right, would this perhaps have been an insider decision of the lawmakers of the day because they wanted a neutral symbol so as to not make it look like TRUE religious symbols were being pushed in their agenda?

Sort of like the way the Spaniards allowed certain people in the Americas and Africa to symbolize Catholicism with a black Virgin Mary.

Perhaps it was their way of saying, "yeah it's not what we wanted, but it got them into the religion." Saying in essence that it was better to celebrate the religion with what they have versus what they wanted. I dunno. Hope that makes some sense?

PVS
ok, i just had some fun with photoshop stick out tongue

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/PVS/OREILLY_GRINCH.gif

debbiejo
2 years ago I sent out Happy Hanukkah cards just to throw people off....

I wish I had Mithra Cards for this year.

Shakyamunison
We jokingly call a Christmas tree a Buddha bush. After all, Christmas trees have as much to do with Jesus as they do with Buddha.

lil bitchiness
a) I think Backfire put it nicely.

b) I sometimes cannot believe the hypocrisy of certain people - someone please explain to me why is it so bad to respect Christian's holiday.

Thats like saying ''Happy Ead'' is offencive to Atheists, Christians, Hindus and Jews and Muslims are not allowed to say it anymore. Instead they will say ''happy holiday''.
Thats the biggest pile of bullshit i have ever heard.

If you don't want to celebrate Christmas - dont. noone would give a shit.
But have at least that much decency to say ''Marry christmas'' to those whom are celebrating it.

This whole ''anti-christian revolution'' is getting little tiresome. People who are seeing something wrong with saying ''Marry Christmas'' have become the same bible bashing people they are trying to shame.

You are actually, exactly the same as each other. Both bigoted and filled with hate.

Religious ''tolerance''? You don't know the meaning of the phrase.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
We jokingly call a Christmas tree a Buddha bush. After all, Christmas trees have as much to do with Jesus as they do with Buddha. laughing out loud

Where could a person get Mithra Cards I wonder....

BTW we put up our Christmas tree last night....It smells nice.

Lana
2 years ago I sent out Happy Hanukkah cards just to throw people off....

I wish I had Mithra Cards for this year.

If it weren't so late already, I'd say give me some info and I'll design them for you stick out tongue

Anyway, I think this whole 'anti-Christmas' thing is silly. There's very little religion left in it - it's become mostly commercialized, really. Now, I can understand not wanting a manger scene in a public school, but otherwise.....who cares? I mean, we used to put up Christmas trees in my school for German Club. No one ever had a fit over that.

At my work, we have Christmas decorations all over, a big Christmas tree.....none of us that work there care, and none of th customers care. Everyone likes it, actually, little kids especially. Because it's not that big a deal.

There really is such a thing as being TOO PC.

PVS - nice job big grin

botankus

So is it Mirthra, Mithra, or Mothra?

PVS
Originally posted by Lana
PVS - nice job big grin

thanks happy

as far as the whole 'anti-christmas' thing, just stop and think for a moment.
when have you experienced anyone who is anti-christmas. when have you met someone who is offended by christmas? anyone? i know i never did.

"happy holidays" is simply a phrase which includes all persons of faith. you can say it and not be concerned whether or not you gave a proper greeting since its a one size fits all well wishing. so i say 'happy holidays' to strangers by habit. i dont see this as being anti-christmas at all, but rather accomodating to everyone...which kinda goes with the christmas spirit, doesnt it?

anyway, i have never in my life seen a jew, muslem, hindu etc. offended by the phrase "merry christmas", in fact as backfire alludes to, people tend to appreciate any good will you offer them.

no, what i really see is an anti-anti christmas movement. demigogs whipping people into a frenzy over an imaginary battle against an imaginary enemy. the very name "war on christmas" is utterly tasteless and whoever coined it is worthy of a good stoning, especially considering the "war on terror" which is consuming countless lives as people at home bicker over trite nonesense.

its just an illusion. dont believe me? next time you meet someone of a different faith upon departing wish them a merry christmas. i bet they will say "thank you". perhaps with an awkward smile but still with appreciation.

so dont buy into this bullshit

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by PVS

"happy holidays" is simply a phrase which includes all persons of faith.

Which is fine to say on a 1st of July.

This is a holiday celebrated by the people of particular religion, and many people of other religions will make an effort to say ''Marry Christmas'', just as I make an effort to say ''Assalamu Alakium'' to my Muslim friend, instead of ''Greetings'' and just as they make an effort to say ''Namaste'' to me.

I would make an effort to say 'Mary christmas' to a Christian who is celebtrating it, instead of ''Happy Holidays'' out of respect, if anything.

You live in a country founded by people of certain religion - and if you cannot repsect that because of your blind hateret for political agenda, then perhaps the problem doesn't lie with people who are celebrating Christmas.

PVS
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
You live in a country founded by people of certain religion - and if you cannot repsect that because of your blind hateret for political agenda, then perhaps the problem lies within you.

perhaps you are tagging too many assumptions on me erm

i say happy holidays because well...thats what i do.
my whole point is either way, nobody gives a shit.
i would rather wish people well on the holidays than
be concerned with meaningless differences in phrasing
in some attempt to feel superior in cultural knowledge,
as well as having the belief that i can tell the religion
of complete strangers. thats right, go back and read my post.
you will see that i say "happy holidays" to strangers, not friends/family.

if i know someone's faith, i may wish them well accordingly or i may
just say "happy holidays". either way, i will feel comfortable and they
will feel appreciative and vice versa.

to say that by not addressing someone based on their faith is disrespectful,
you pretty much exemplify the problem, which is the act of being offended when someone is simply wishing you well. where is the logic in that?

Lana
If I don't know what holiday someone celebrates, or don't know the proper greeting/well-wishing for a holiday, I just say "Merry Christmas and happy holidays". It has yet to offend anyone, and I don't see why it's a big deal.

PVS
Originally posted by Lana
If I don't know what holiday someone celebrates, or don't know the proper greeting/well-wishing for a holiday, I just say "Merry Christmas and happy holidays". It has yet to offend anyone, and I don't see why it's a big deal.

EXACTLY

and just as a social experiment, simply say "merry christmas" to everyone and ill bet anything that not a soul will take offense.

debbiejo
So is it Mirthra, Mithra, or Mothra? I'm sorry, It's Mithra...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mithra

http://www.origin-of-christmas.com/

Mithras Birthday is Dec. 25th. confused

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by PVS
perhaps you are tagging too many assumptions on me erm

i say happy holidays because well...thats what i do.
my whole point is either way, nobody gives a shit.
i would rather wish people well on the holidays than
be concerned with meaningless differences in phrasing
in some attempt to feel superior in cultural knowledge,
as well as having the belief that i can tell the religion
of complete strangers. thats right, go back and read my post.
you will see that i say "happy holidays" to strangers, not friends/family.

if i know someone's faith, i may wish them well accordingly or i may
just say "happy holidays". either way, i will feel comfortable and they
will feel appreciative and vice versa.

to say that by not addressing someone based on their faith is disrespectful,
you pretty much exemplify the problem, which is the act of being offended when someone is simply wishing you well. where is the logic in that?

I don't know everyones apropriate greeting - thats a fact. And when I don't know i say ''happy holiday you are celebrating'' etc.

I, however already know ''Marry Christmas'', as do many other people. If you don't know the greeting, fine, thats not a problem.
But purposly avoiding saying a greeting you know people of such religion would appreciate it, for some grudge against the people of that religion is just wrong, in my view.

I dont anticipate changing your mind or your greeting - you greet people how you see apropriate. How you greet is how you will be greeted, and how you treat is how you will be treated. The law of Karma.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by PVS
...to say that by not addressing someone based on their faith is disrespectful,
you pretty much exemplify the problem, which is the act of being offended when someone is simply wishing you good tidings. where is the logic in that?

I understand the mindset of the fundamentalist Christian, because I was raised as one. I was raised to see the world as an evil place where only my small church was selected by god, and all of the rest of the world was controlled by satan. In that mindset you can become paranoid. These kind of people see the least little thing and get all upset. So, there is no logic to it. There is nothing we can do for these people. I am so glad I am free of that now.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by PVS
EXACTLY

and just as a social experiment, simply say "merry christmas" to everyone and ill bet anything that not a soul will take offense.

Would you fet offended if I told you, ''Happy Eed''? Or would you just turn around and say ''im sorry, i dont celebrate such holiday''?

It has nothing to do with Christianity or Christmas - it is the principle of the matter.

debbiejo
Well I go around saying Merry Christmas and not Merry Mithra......What ever makes people happy......Most people wouldn't understand Merry Mithra anyway.. laughing out loud

botankus
Well I go around saying Merry Christmas and not Merry Mithra......What ever makes people happy......Most people wouldn't understand Merry Mithra anyway.. laughing out loud

What about "happy," then?

debbiejo
blink laughing out loud.....Do they make Happy Mothra day cards.......

I see you're back to that horse sig too.......

PVS
But purposly avoiding saying a greeting you know people of such religion would appreciate it, for some grudge against the people of that religion is just wrong, in my view.

there you go assuming malice on my part once again.
meh, you're obviously in a rude mood today so ill just leave it at this.
i say "happy holidays" to strangers to wish them well, not to offend anyone.
if all you can see is malice and politics in a wish of good will, then perhaps
you should wonder why is it that you hold such resentment over it and i dont...

all i wish would go away is that very feeling of resentment over something so trivial and waaaaaaaaay superficial. to be offended by someone not saying "merry christmas" is just as meaningless and counterproductive as someone who is offended by that very phrase. the irony is, i only see people offended by the phrase 'happy holidays', and have yet to meet anyone offended by "merry christmas". this speaks volumes on the situation imho.

in other words: lighten up.

PVS
Would you fet offended if I told you, ''Happy Eed''? Or would you just turn around and say ''im sorry, i dont celebrate such holiday''?

It has nothing to do with Christianity or Christmas - it is the principle of the matter.

i would be knocked off balance, i admit, since it would be a first.
but i would then say "thank you" and appreciate that they wished me
a "happy" anything.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by PVS
there you go assuming malice on my part once again.
meh, you're obviously in a rude mood today so ill just leave it at this.
i say "happy holidays" to strangers to wish them well, not to offend anyone.
if all you can see is malice and politics in a wish of good will, then perhaps
you should wonder why is it that you hold such resentment over it and i dont...

all i wish would go away is that very feeling of resentment over something so trivial and waaaaaaaaay superficial. to be offended by someone not saying "merry christmas" is just as meaningless and counterproductive as someone who is offended by that very phrase. the irony is, i only see people offended by the phrase 'happy holidays', and have yet to meet anyone offended by "merry christmas". this speaks volumes on the situation imho.

in other words: lighten up.

My original reply was to do with ''War on Christmas'' idea, which by your reply you seem not to see anything wrong with. Logically, the conclusion follows that ''war on christmas'' is ok, because of ...bla. Thus my argument about letting people greet in their religious way on their religious holiday.

I am not in a rude mood. In fact I have not been rude to you once, nor have i purposly said anything offencive to you - if you cannot debate with me, without sending side remarks, then perhaps you should stop debating now. Or better yet, I'll take the higher moral ground and leave the thread.

Once more, for your and everyones clarification, how you greet people is fine and good as long as everyone appreciates it, as for ''war on christmas'' is stupid and disrespectful.

Afro Cheese
I didn't even know Happy Holidays was a PC thing until recently.. I thought it was referring to Christmas and New Years.

WindDancer
I never say Merry Christmas to an Atheist....I just throw bananas at them. stick out tongue

Curl_Up&Dye
honestly, people should just call it whatever they want....without the news coming up with this b-s 'war on christmas'.....

for christs sake, not everyone is christian or catholic, not everyone celebrates it....

and christmas is a religious holiday.... although i doubt there is much religion in it left anyways, because of the commericalism.

but honestly, enough. there is no war on christmas. no one is discriminating against christians. the people who have started this are completely insane, and just trying to kick up dust because its a dry time for news.
their time would be much better spent double and triple checking their tin foil helmets, to make sure the government isnt trying to infiltrate their brain

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by WindDancer
I never say Merry Christmas to an Atheist....I just throw bananas at them. stick out tongue

That's just bizarre. stick out tongue

botankus
Originally posted by PVS
i would be knocked off balance, i admit, since it would be a first.
but i would then say "thank you" and appreciate that they wished me
a "happy" anything.

What if it were "Happy A$$holes Day?" wink Would you be appreciative then? stick out tongue

PVS
"You live in a country founded by people of certain religion - and if you cannot repsect that because of your blind hateret for political agenda, then perhaps the problem lies within you."

"But purposly avoiding saying a greeting you know people of such religion would appreciate it, for some grudge against the people of that religion is just wrong, in my view."

the problem is these comments seemed to be aimed at me.
assuming malice when there clearly is none is rude.
however if you didnt intend any rudeness then fine, perhaps
what you meant to say got lost in translation smile

PVS
What if it were "Happy A$$holes Day?" wink Would you be appreciative then? stick out tongue

laughing out loud well, i would simply wish them the same in return stick out tongue

WindDancer
That's just bizarre. stick out tongue

And also fun. wink

PVS
Originally posted by Curl_Up&Dye
but honestly, enough. there is no war on christmas. no one is discriminating against christians. the people who have started this are completely insane, and just trying to kick up dust because its a dry time for news.

*DING* *DING* *DING* *DING* *DING*

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!! eek!

for coming to the correct conclusion you win a dancing banana!

Happy Dance

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by PVS
*DING* *DING* *DING* *DING* *DING*...

Hay! no ringing that bell around here!. laughing

PVS
ah yes, should have been a more festive sleigh bell jingle stick out tongue

debbiejo
Merry Christmas to an Atheist???....God, you're asking for some belligerence thrown at you.....You could say....Happy Antichrist Day....LOL

PVS
Merry Christmas to an Atheist???....God, you're asking for some belligerence thrown at you.....You could say....Happy Antichrist Day....LOL

no, since belief in the antichrist would mean you're not an athiest.

proper seasons greetings for an athiest? "how ya doin?"

Fëanor

debbiejo
Originally posted by PVS
no, since belief in the antichrist would mean you're not an athiest.

proper seasons greetings for an athiest? "how ya doin?" Well actually the term antichrist just means again christ...

OK then........ya how ya doin?...Happy did you have any sex today.....

PVS
Well actually the term antichrist just means again christ...

no, the antichrist is the son of satan

debbiejo
Originally posted by PVS
no, the antichrist is the son of satan laughing out loud laughing out loud The Pope?

Wild Cherry

Maleficus
I'm not really sure what the big deal is about the word Christmas. Why would it offend any one? Just because someone doesn't believe in the Christ doesn't mean we should get rid of Christmas. That would be a very silly thing to do. I think that if someone is going to get offended over something as little as a word they should check into a mental ward. It's only the name of a holiday, get over it... But that's only my opinion.

Fëanor
so does this mean they'll soon put a ban to certain xmas songs because of that phrase "merry christmas"?

botankus
Honda has already made a commercial (they made it last year, BTW) that parodies "Happy Holidays" inserted in the place of "Merry Christmas!" Talk about your double-whammy right there.

Instead of "We wish you a Merry Christmas," it says:
"We wish you a Happy Honda-Days."

Fëanor
Honda has already made a commercial (they made it last year, BTW) that parodies "Happy Holidays" inserted in the place of "Merry Christmas!" Talk about your double-whammy right there.

Instead of "We wish you a Merry Christmas," it says:
"We wish you a Happy Honda-Days." laughing I actually laughed out loud to this....big grin

Happy Honda-Days....wotta loon

Maleficus

botankus
So who's the "Happy Holidays" mascot?

I just need to know who will be substituted for "Santa Claus" in all the modern versions of the Christmas songs.

Fëanor
Originally posted by Maleficus
I don't think so. If they do that then it would restrict our rights as people to worship freely. If they did that then it wouldn't be long before communism started to really set in. they may as well, since we pretty much live in PC america...Originally posted by botankus
So who's the "Happy Holidays" mascot?

I just need to know who will be substituted for "Santa Claus" in all the modern versions of the Christmas songs. oooh...i just saw him standing at the corner holding up a cardboard sign that said: Will deliver for food.

botankus
I think I found the Happy Holidays mascots. Move over, Santa!

Maleficus

Fëanor
Originally posted by Maleficus
That is true... Sad day, is it not? no worries....i'm starting an underground movement, and a day will come when the common man will strike back and strike hard...shhhh! ninja

Maleficus

Shakyamunison

PVS

PVS

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by PVS
...and as with all his other blatent lies and inaccuracies, im sure he'll be quick to publically respond and correct himself roll eyes (sarcastic)

That's something that has always confused me about the really big fans of people like Rush and Bill; they flaunt their idols opinions as absolute, but when their hero gets caught in a lie they never seem to ave issues with them not responding to the issue ever again. If this was Al Franken, there would be a public trial and the threat of a hanging unless he publically apologizes.

Mindship
I don't celebrate christmas, so I say happy holidays. But if someone who does celebrate christmas says to me "Merry Christmas!" (not realizing I don't celebrate that holiday), no problemo. They're just passing on the festive spirit.

Of course, if they know I don't celebrate christmas, but say to me Merry Christmas anyway, then I forgive them for their small minds and disrespect for other people's traditions.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Wild Cherry
at the publix i work at we arent supposed to say " merry christmas" or " happy hanuka" only " happy holiday" and then someone even called that ethnic segregation so now we have to come up with something totally.... boring....confused ..*takes a moment to thank publix for hiring young*

This question is for anyone.

Like the person I quoted. what if your boss told you, you can not say "Merry Christmas" in the work place? Would you be ok with that, or would you think it was wrong?

debbiejo
This question is for anyone.

Like the person I quoted. what if your boss told you, you can not say "Merry Christmas" in the work place? Would you be ok with that, or would you think it was wrong? NO

It'd do it anyway............just me of course

Mindship
I'm not sure about this (is there a lawyer in the house?), but I don't think "corporate culture" can reach that far into one's Freedom of Speech, that a boss Can tell employees don't say "Merry Christmas."

PVS
well, before we all go into a rant about it, we should at least be presented with an article of such an occurance. or else its just another oreilly-style argument, based on lies and half truths.

Shakyamunison

PVS

soleran30

PVS
http://www.pisd.edu/news/archive/2005-06/oreilly.report.shtml

another lie, unchecked. why is it that this man can defame the character of a town or school district with lies and face no consequesnce?

'Red & Green Clothing Ban'
False Rumor

December 12, 2005

On Friday, December 9, on the Fox News Channel's "The O'Reilly Factor," with Bill O'Reilly and guest Jim Pinkerton, Fox 4 News analyst, it was falsely reported in a segment entitled "More Victories for Christmas," that ...

....."In Plano, Texas, a school told students they couldn't wear red and green because they are Christmas colors."......

Due to the number of e-mails, inquiries and phone calls to Plano ISD regarding students "wearing red and green," Superintendent of Schools Dr. Doug Otto has posted this communication to assure the school community that this rumor is not true.

"The school district does not restrict students or staff from wearing certain color clothes during holiday times or any other school days," noted Dr. Otto, who said that the school district's attorney has requested that Mr. O'Reilly retract the statement.

Dr. Otto said that attorneys have requested of Mr. O'Reilly that, in the future, he ask his fact checkers to do a more thorough job of confirming the facts before he airs them. "It would be our hope that you would engage in fair and balanced reporting of this nationally recognized school district in the future," wrote PISD's attorney.

debbiejo

botankus
No green? What if you're a Michigan State fan?

debbiejo
No green? What if you're a Michigan State fan? For Sure, and Red is a "Red Wings" hockey color......It's everywhere..

botankus
When the Red Wings (red) play the Stars (green) on Dec. 27th, all Hell is gonna break loose!

Dagons Blade
Originally posted by Mindship
I'm not sure about this (is there a lawyer in the house?), but I don't think "corporate culture" can reach that far into one's Freedom of Speech, that a boss Can tell employees don't say "Merry Christmas."

Well remember how American Flags were banned on campuses after 9\11 because of foreign students pressure to have it removed because it offended them?

http://www.academia.org/campus_reports/2002/summer_2002_5.html

So I'm not sure if you can be forbidden from saying Merry Christmas, but if bunch of foreigners can pressurize us to remove our flags and our symbols because it offends "them" then I wonder what other miracles can be pulled off to suit others. Our flag forbidden by foreigners on our own soil.. Can you believe THAT?

I'd like to see someone try this shit over in China or some other Thrid World country. You'd never be seen again..

PVS
Well remember how American Flags were banned on campuses after 9\11 because of foreign students pressure to have it removed because it offended them?

http://www.academia.org/campus_reports/2002/summer_2002_5.html

So I'm not sure if you can be forbidden from saying Merry Christmas, but if bunch of foreigners can pressurize us to remove our flags and our symbols because it offends "them" then I wonder what other miracles can be pulled off to suit others. Our flag forbidden by foreigners on our own soil.. Can you believe THAT?

I'd like to see someone try this shit over in China or some other Thrid World country. You'd never be seen again..
http://www.academia.org/ is an anti-university right wing agenda site,
which loves to put forth lies and half truths dressed up as news. thank
you for offering up yet another example of right wing outrage fueled by lies.

congrats smile

oh what, im wrong? then post something from a credible news source.
ill be waiting, but i sure wont be holding my breath

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by PVS
i think it would be wrong to forbid them from saying it.
good enough?

I agree with you. I'm not trying to say that there is a war on Christmas. As a matter of fact, I think it's over blown, by people like O'Rilly (sp?). I think there are some people, out there, that put money over the spirit of the Christmas. But to say that this is something new, is to forget about the classic story of Scrooge. big grin

KharmaDog

Yes, Bill O"rielly, fighting for the cause of truth:

PVS
i'm way ahead of you KD.
scroll up stick out tongue

also check the brave and fierce oreilly attacking
yet more imaginary liberal demons at a local school board
in the second article i posted.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by PVS
i'm way ahead of you KD.
scroll up stick out tongue

also check the brave and fierce oreilly attacking
yet more imaginary liberal demons at a local school board
in the second article i posted.

Yes, saw that, sorry for the redundancy. My excuse was a very late night at a very 'spirited' christmas party.

PVS
Originally posted by KharmaDog
Yes, saw that, sorry for the redundancy. My excuse was a very late night at a very 'spirited' christmas party.

and did the host of this party refuse to
allow you to wear a santa hat? wait dont answer that.
*calls bill oreilly*

FeceMan
Originally posted by BackFire
I say Merry Christmas. I don't bullshit myself into thinking that this time of year would be anything similar to what it is if it weren't for Christmas.

I think people who get pissed off over someone saying "Merry Christmas" to them is a dipshit, on the same token, I think anyone who gets mad over someone saying "Happy Holidays" is stupid. It's just someones way of trying to be pleasant to you if they say either one of those phrases, you should be happy that they took the time to wish you a happy anything.
STOP SAYING THINGS WITH WHICH I AGREE.

PVS

BackFire
Originally posted by FeceMan
STOP SAYING THINGS WITH WHICH I AGREE.

BUT IT'S SO MUCH FUN! I LOVE A MAN OF SHIT AGREEING WITH ME< IT PUT THINGS IN PERSPECTIVE! stick out tongue

soleran30
I am by no means pro-fox however if someone wanted to dig up the same things with another channel I am sure it can be done...........with opposing views comes little ditties on news and perspectives.

PVS
Originally posted by soleran30
I am by no means pro-fox...

bullshit

soleran30
Originally posted by PVS
bullshit

where.........make sure you look before you walk.

FeceMan
Stop talking about me like I'm not here, you jackasses.

Dagons Blade
Originally posted by PVS
http://www.academia.org/ is an anti-university right wing agenda site,
which loves to put forth lies and half truths dressed up as news. thank
you for offering up yet another example of right wing outrage fueled by lies.

congrats smile

oh what, im wrong? then post something from a credible news source.
ill be waiting, but i sure wont be holding my breath

Do you have proof they're an anti-university right wing site? You
leftists always clamor for proof, so to be fair, how about turning around and showing US proof that what YOU say is right? Show us YOUR proof for once.

I'LL be waiting too.

Oh yes I know, the ONLY ones under attack in this country are you poor, POOR liberals...you spend all your time hiding under the robes of the ACLU with your campaigns for religious tolerance in the fairness of everyone, while you show no quarter for Christians.

You ***** about atrocities in Iraq, yet say nothing everytime Al Qaeda captures and beheads someone and traumatizes their families with videos of the event.

And you shit yourselves about the use of the words "Under God" on our money and somehow find a way to forgive the phrase when it buys you what you want on payday??? Moore hypocrisy (oh sorry, MORE hypocrisy)

Oh not to mention the nice little way the Democrats used leftists billionaire foreigners like George Soros to fuel their coffers with soft corporate money in direct violation of the Campaign Finance Reform Act in the last election. (foriegn money cannot be used for influence in American elections)

And, you weren't above using their bullyboy lawyers to enforce the removal of 1st Amendment rights of the NRA and similar Republican groups because they knew what was happening..criminalizing Free Speech to hide your activities? You almost got away with it too..

Funny, people like Michael Moore, Hollywood's elite, the media elite and their buddies weren't subject to the little gag order as they engaged in their little one-sided abuse fests? I wonder WHY?

Using your own campaigns to spread your OWN half truths and lies? And tirning around and silencing the opposition to try to hide it?

Yeah, YOU guys are complete angels too... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dagons Blade
You want to explain to me how Criminalizing Free Speech and threatening Pro-Republican groups with federal felony charges if they opened their mouths 60 days before the 04' election is any great token of fairness and equality esp. since the Democratis, the media and societal bighsots were exempt from it?

Free Speech is for everyone, but as we can see from the 04' facts, you Democrats and your leftie allies bent it to your will to spread "half truths fueled by left wing outrage, feueled by lies." Work on that one the next time oyu accuse anyoe of spreading half truths and lies, esp. since you had to make Free Speech a felony to do it with..

PVS
Do you have proof they're an anti-university right wing site? You
leftists always clamor for proof, so to be fair, how about turning around and showing US proof that what YOU say is right? Show us YOUR proof for once.

I'LL be waiting too.

Oh yes I know, the ONLY ones under attack in this country are you poor, POOR liberals...you spend all your time hiding under the robes of the ACLU with your campaigns for religious tolerance in the fairness of everyone, while you show no quarter for Christians.

You ***** about atrocities in Iraq, yet say nothing everytime Al Qaeda captures and beheads someone and traumatizes their families with videos of the event.

And you shit yourselves about the use of the words "Under God" on our money and somehow find a way to forgive the phrase when it buys you what you want on payday??? Moore hypocrisy (oh sorry, MORE hypocrisy)

Oh not to mention the nice little way the Democrats used leftists billionaire foreigners like George Soros to fuel their coffers with soft corporate money in direct violation of the Campaign Finance Reform Act in the last election. (foriegn money cannot be used for influence in American elections)

And, you weren't above using their bullyboy lawyers to enforce the removal of 1st Amendment rights of the NRA and similar Republican groups because they knew what was happening..criminalizing Free Speech to hide your activities? You almost got away with it too..

Funny, people like Michael Moore, Hollywood's elite, the media elite and their buddies weren't subject to the little gag order as they engaged in their little one-sided abuse fests? I wonder WHY?

Using your own campaigns to spread your OWN half truths and lies? And tirning around and silencing the opposition to try to hide it?

Yeah, YOU guys are complete angels too... roll eyes (sarcastic)

the classic attack of those who cannot debate is to place labels on their opponent, and argue against said labels, when the opponent never claimed nor proved to live up(down) to those lables.
this is known as "straw man" tactics, and is absolutely useless and only manages to prove your own irrationality.

thus the assumption that:

1-i have no support for christians

2-i tolerant of the murders done by al qaeda

3-i am outraged by a meaningless phrase on a dollar bill

4-i am supportive of every cheap trick and act of corruption, so long as its a democrat

5-i am against the first ammendment

6-i am against our constitutional right to bear arms

7-i am worshipping of michael moore

***and my favorite which you appropriately put last:

8-i am running for office eek!

"Using your own campaigns to spread your OWN half truths and lies? And tirning around and silencing the opposition to try to hide it?"

so now who's going to clean this thread of the meaningless off topic childish ranting bullshit you spewed all over in your post?
care for a mop and bucket? erm

Atlantis001
Its a little difficult to consider this christmas of ours, christian, or even a religious holiday... this whole thing about chirstmas tree, santa claus,... is not a religious thing, and thats the first thing that comes to me when I think about xmas, not that it was the date when Jesus hipotethically born . That makes this war looks even more senseless !

Dagons Blade
Originally posted by PVS
the classic attack of those who cannot debate is to place labels on their opponent, and argue against said labels, when the opponent never claimed nor proved to live up(down) to those lables.
this is known as "straw man" tactics, and is absolutely useless and only manages to prove your own irrationality.

You just said it all for me. Although guys like Moore and Kerry and all the others helped prove it along the way. Your earlier post said that there is "right wing half truths fueled by Right wing outrage." Truth be told, you guys do it too. That's my point.

Gee sounds like I hit a nerve..you pointed out anti college-anti-left antics fueled by moral outrage and Right winfg stuff in general, and I balanced the menu with some great serving suggestions from the left past and present.

Straw man tactics? Perhaps in the relevancy of the thread, yes. But it seems that any chance to point out "right wing anti *THIS* anti *THAT* should be complemented by some great boners the left pulled in the past.

You know what it all comes down to, from the attack on gun rights and Christmas rights and everything in between? It comes to people LIKE YOU, trying to initially alter, and establish a beachhead for, the removal of things from our culture that YOU don't agree with. It's not good enough that you have your personal right to disagree with and exempt yourself from tradition, but you make it so everyone else can't have it either.

So in THAT light, yes.What I said has everything to do with it and it IS relevant because you and others like you feel the need to tell us what YOU want for everyone because YOU disagree with it. You're just too busy aiming the Straw Man at me because you either can't disprove the claims, or you agree with the tactic used to undermine our traditions.

Originally posted by PVS
Care for a mop and bucket

Clean your own shit up before you start trying to clean mine up, will you?

PVS
]

You just said it all for me. Although guys like Moore and Kerry and all the others helped prove it along the way. Your earlier post said that there is "right wing half truths fueled by Right wing outrage." Truth be told, you guys do it too. That's my point.

Gee sounds like I hit a nerve..you pointed out anti college-anti-left antics fueled by moral outrage and Right winfg stuff in general, and I balanced the menu with some great serving suggestions from the left past and present.

Straw man tactics? Perhaps in the relevancy of the thread, yes. But it seems that any chance to point out "right wing anti *THIS* anti *THAT* should be complemented by some great boners the left pulled in the past.

You know what it all comes down to, from the attack on gun rights and Christmas rights and everything in between? It comes to people LIKE you, trying to initially alter, and establish a beachhead for, the removal of things from our culture that YOU don't agree with. It's not good enough that you have your personal right to disagree with and exempt yourself from tradition, but you make it so everyone else can't have it either.

So in THAT light, yes. It has everything to do with it and it IS relevant because you and others like you feel the need to tell us what YOU want for everyone because YOU disagree with it. You're just too busy aiming the Straw Man at me because you either can't disprove the claims, or you agree with the tactic used to undermine our traditions.

Originally posted by PVS
Care for a mop and bucket?

Clean your own shit up before you start trying to clean mine up, will you?

you once again argue an imaginary phantom liberal demon.
good luck with that. smile

and thank you for serving as a caricature of the scared angry neo-con convinced that everyone is trying to destroy christmas *evil laugh*

and while you're feeling bitter and outraged by the damn liberals, everyone else will be enjoying their christmas without a care for this nonesense.

happy HOLIDAYS smile

Dagons Blade
Originally posted by Atlantis001
Its a little difficult to consider this christmas of ours, christian, or even a religious holiday... this whole thing about chirstmas tree, santa claus,... is not a religious thing, and thats the first thing that comes to me when I think about xmas, not that it was the date when Jesus hipotethically born . That makes this war looks even more senseless !

Yes it does make it senseless. But if it's a tradition that everyone enjoys, why try to alter it because a few disagree with it? As far as I'm concerned, you wanna call it Christmas, fine.Kwanzaa, fine. Just don't tell ME that I can't call it what I want to. Whenever I meet someone who isn't of the faith, I simply say "I know this isn't a recognized day of yours, but I would like to wish you a Happy Holidays nonetheless."
And to this day noone has singled me out for it yet smile

Halloween isn't an American religious holiday either and it's original meaning is very supernatural and under attack by many right wingers who see it as satanic. But hey, we added our own mark on it, and ANY holiday that lets me go around and collect sweets, and all the free candy I can get, is a GOOD one... Pass the Mike and Ikes!

PVS
that what everyone's been saying.
nobody...NOBODY is telling anyone that they cant say "merry christmas".

ITS FABRICATED BULLSHIT.

and all you can come up with to prove a point is a fabricated article with no sources from an agenda based anti-university site. i love in the same article how they say that universities had pro-al qaeda rallies right after 9-11. nice touch. though you might have smelled the bullshit there.

but i guess college can seem alien if'n you don't take too kindly to liberal college folk and their damn ejumucation *spit*

Draco69
What people refuse, time and time, again to admit is that the vast majority of this nation celebrates Christmas one way or another. Why should the small minority who doesn't alter the majority's wishes just because they disagree with it?

Example: The vast majority of us speak English. We have a significant portion of Chinese immigrants in this country. Do the rest of us have to make lingual accomadations for them?

Dagons Blade
Originally posted by PVS
that what everyone's been saying.
nobody...NOBODY is telling anyone that they cant say "merry christmas".

ITS FABRICATED BULLSHIT.

and all you can come up with to prove a point is a fabricated article with no sources from an agenda based anti-university site. i love in the same article how they say that universities had pro-al qaeda rallies right after 9-11. nice touch. though you might have smelled the bullshit there.

but i guess college can seem alien if'n you don't take too kindly to liberal college folk and their damn ejumucation *spit*

Read Draco69's reply and there's your answer to everything. I don't have to prove that our rights are under attack. The minority who disagrees is making their case every day.

We can't say Merry Christmas> Well maybe you should have been at my local mall a few weeks ago when the mall manager told a woman to take down a store sign that said Merry Christmas,threatening her with fines if she didn't adhere to the holiday protocol. There's a Happy Hannukah sign at the other end, and THAT one is still up but the Christmas one is removed.....real fair.

And the fact that the store is run by the biggest and highest grossing store in the mall, and the nationality of the person who owns it' might have somehting to do with it.

Wanna prove me wrong?

Dagons Blade
Originally posted by Draco69
What people refuse, time and time, again to admit is that the vast majority of this nation celebrates Christmas one way or another. Why should the small minority who doesn't alter the majority's wishes just because they disagree with it?

Example: The vast majority of us speak English. We have a significant portion of Chinese immigrants in this country. Do the rest of us have to make lingual accomadations for them?

You said it. That's the whole enchilada. That's the problem in America. Everyone wants to advance to the head of the class and screw the guy behind them w\o the common cortesy for a reacharound.

I was in Lowe's one day and there was an Indian and\or Arabic couple dressed to the whole nine yards, apparently very well off. They had the nerve to try to talk the manager into reducing a 2,000 dollar industrial AC unit down to like 4 or 500 bucks, and walked out when they didn't get their way. And they argued too. Big time.

Would they reduce the price of a Slurpee or a Big Gulp for US? Not to mention trying to make you pay a whole month's rent for a pack of Slim
Jims,or 3 bucks a piece for those cheap ass silk flowers.. (figurative and a bit sarcastic, but you get the meaning) wink

Dagons Blade
Originally posted by PVS
you once again argue an imaginary phantom liberal demon.
good luck with that. smile

and thank you for serving as a caricature of the scared angry neo-con convinced that everyone is trying to destroy christmas *evil laugh*

and while you're feeling bitter and outraged by the damn liberals, everyone else will be enjoying their christmas without a care for this nonesense.

happy HOLIDAYS smile

Up yours too PVS. And happy CHRISTMAS (ooo I'm sorry, I can't say Christmas to you. Here let me draw the shades so you don't melt in the sun's rays..)

And who says I'm BITTER? OR angry?

You're the one getting all steamed. Your replies say it all.

I'm fine with what I say.

And prove to ME, while you are at it, that YOU, or your liberal allies, are under attack by Neo-Con or conservative demons.

Me bitter? Hardly. I'm going to revel in the fact that my personal right to Free Speech exists, and I'll wish everyone I know a Merry Christmas, and if they correct me and say it's not their deal, then fine, Happy Holidays. Point out to anywhere in my replies that I said noone could call it Happy Holidays?

Oh and remember something else-that evil money that says "Under God" on it? Just remember it's "evils" next time a PS 2 or X-Box game comes out. Or the next time you order something from Domino's. If the money is evil, why use it?

Dagons Blade
Originally posted by PVS

Boy...and you said that "I" epitomized the spirit of Neo-Cons haunted by imaginary liberal demons in the last page of this thread? Strong words coming from someone who replies in THIS manner.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Draco69

There are approximatley 336 languages spoken or signed in the United States of America. American English is only the official language in 26 states and one U.S. territory. This means that official government documents in these states and territories must be available in American English. This does not mean however, that they are only available in American English. The standard California Class C driver's license examination for example, is available in 32 different languages.

PVS
yet another childish rant based on nothing i've said. still battling the imaginary liberal demon i see. good luck.

i have been saying all this time that nobody is against people saying merry christmas. i asked you to dig up proof otherwise and all you have given me is more pointless chaotic off topic ranting. yet still i wait.

give me an article from a credible news source where people were forbidden by the state/local government to say "merry christmas", or wear christmas apparel, or sing carols etc. (ill even accept foxnews, so long as its not editorial comments or oreilly's lies)

give me one instance...one case....just one.

you wont. you will either stop posting in this thread or you will continue your childish and fruitless rant. am i psychic?

KharmaDog
You said it. That's the whole enchilada. That's the problem in America. Everyone wants to advance to the head of the class and screw the guy behind them w\o the common cortesy for a reacharound.

I was in Lowe's one day and there was an Indian and\or Arabic couple dressed to the whole nine yards, apparently very well off. They had the nerve to try to talk the manager into reducing a 2,000 dollar industrial AC unit down to like 4 or 500 bucks, and walked out when they didn't get their way. And they argued too. Big time.

Would they reduce the price of a Slurpee or a Big Gulp for US? Not to mention trying to make you pay a whole month's rent for a pack of Slim
Jims,or 3 bucks a piece for those cheap ass silk flowers.. (figurative and a bit sarcastic, but you get the meaning) wink

Figurative and a bit sarcastic? That was down right racist and ignorant.

PVS
btw my previous post was addressed to dagons blade, just to avoid a misunderstanding

obviously.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by PVS
btw my previous post was addressed to dagons blade, just to avoid a misunderstanding

I think most of us figured that one out wink

PVS
I think most of us figured that one out wink

hey, you never know

Dagons Blade

You weren't there, you didn't see the incident, and you know that
racism exists on both sides. And my dig was to prove the point that SOME, not all foreigners, try geting things for nothing while they charge higher than normal prices in their little tax free businesses.

How many people leave this country after they get all they can from it and curse us out?

Oh not to mention people like Uncle Jesse and Cousin Al whenever
they start THEIR bullshit, everything is racism to them. A black kid gets busted for breaking a window, it's racism. He brings a gun to school or joins a gang, it's "black rage." Noone else acts this way...

Oh and maybe you forgot Louis Farrakhn's remarks about "Asians and Jews and Hindus" being "vampires whose businesses leach off of blacks", or Jesse Jackson's "Hymie-town" speech?

Other races can't be racist? Oh I forgot, whites are the only racists on the block..

FeceMan
How so?

KharmaDog
How could Dagon's reply be taken as at all racist?

I was in Lowe's one day and there was an Indian and\or Arabic couple dressed to the whole nine yards, apparently very well off.

Maybe this might be considered more ignorant, or apathetic than racist, but there is a very big difference between an Indian person and one of Arabic decent. Dagon either doesn't know the difference, or doesn't care. Either way I am sure it would offend either people of that culture if not others.

They had the nerve to try to talk the manager into reducing a 2,000 dollar industrial AC unit down to like 4 or 500 bucks, and walked out when they didn't get their way. And they argued too. Big time.

Yes, I am sure that he has never witnessed unreasonable behaviour from any white people. This was his example of how people are trying to screw eacthother in america. I think a better example might have been white collar crime, but apparently these Indian and Arabic people are making life hell for everyone south of the border.

Jims,or 3 bucks a piece for those cheap ass silk flowers

If I realise on your own how this statement is at all racist, childish and just plain stupid, then I would be wasting my time trying to explain it to you.

PVS
Originally posted by FeceMan
How so?

"I was in Lowe's one day and there was an Indian and\or Arabic couple dressed to the whole nine yards, apparently very well off. They had the nerve to try to talk the manager into reducing a 2,000 dollar industrial AC unit down to like 4 or 500 bucks, and walked out when they didn't get their way. And they argued too. Big time.

Jims,or 3 bucks a piece for those cheap ass silk flowers.. (figurative and a bit sarcastic, but you get the meaning"

1-somehow managing to focus "the problem with america" on "indian and/or arab" people.

2-the assumption that anyone of indian or arab nationality must own a convenience store.

im still trying to find the connection between this and the supposed war on christmas.

botankus
They had the nerve to try to talk the manager into reducing a 2,000 dollar industrial AC unit down to like 4 or 500 bucks, and walked out when they didn't get their way. And they argued too. Big time.

I have seen people of all races do this and seeing this just makes me laugh. A lot.

Dagons Blade
Originally posted by PVS
yet another childish rant based on nothing i've said. still battling the imaginary liberal demon i see. good luck.

And YOU have yet to prove to me where Neo-Cons and Conservatives are cornering and butchering liberals and gutting them while you make statements like this:

Originally posted by PVS

Care to prove me wrong? Sounds like you're really scared there.

Originally posted by PVS
give me an article from a credible news source where people were forbidden by the state/local government to say "merry christmas", or wear christmas apparel, or sing carols etc. (ill even accept foxnews, so long as its not editorial comments or oreilly's lies)

give me one instance...one case....just one

Here ya' go:

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=41860
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=41469
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=29942
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=47892

Plenty of incident for you to ponder. Oh and these are not editorials,they are multiple reports of incidents that happened in more that one place. Noone's name or personal comments are credited in the stories.

But you go ahead, link Bill O' Reilly to it, or make up your own little name for some fictional Theird Reich Republican organization and link them to it. So at this point you can stop sucking on my **** and consider the information, or continue to reject it because it's easier to do so as you try to deny the proof being given. What you do with it at this point is up to you.

Originally posted by PVS
am i psychic?

Don't ask me to speculate on who you are, but if you ask me WHAT you are, I risk getting banned. So that settles that..I love you too.

Capt_Fantastic
I have seen people of all races do this and seeing this just makes me laugh. A lot.

I've seen my grandfather do it. He's the cheapest bastard on teh planet. He keeps toothpicks, so he can use them again later.

KharmaDog
PVS said a "credible news source" Dagon. WorldNetDaily obviously has a political agenda. And any site that posts a pic of Ann Coulter azt the top of their website and link to her diseeased writings cannot be considered credible.

Dagons Blade
PVS said a "credible news source" Dagon. WorldNetDaily obviously has a political agenda. And any site that posts a pic of Ann Coulter azt the top of their website and link to her diseeased writings cannot be considered credible.

And if MSNBC had a picture of ANN Coulter, then THAT would automatically make MSNBC a station with a political agenda?

You guys just can't accept the fact that the Right has opinions on things too, can you? And I personally feel that Ms. Coulter is a bit out there, and more suited for the left than the right, and even I can't stand her but one picture of her dosen't make the entire website a diseased one.

PVS
And YOU have yet to prove to me where Neo-Cons and Conservatives are cornering and butchering liberals and gutting them while you make statements like this:

Originally posted by PVS

i was responding to this comment:

Care to prove me wrong? Sounds like you're really scared there.

next time try reading other people's posts instead of just gawking over mine, and you might find the proof you need. the only one committing the cowardly act of presenting faux news and putting words in other peoples mouths seems to be you. thank you for destroying a good discussion so we can witness you having a 3rd degree tantrum erm

Here ya' go:

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=41860
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=41469
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=29942
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=47892

you have got to be kidding me laughing out loud you and deano should get together and go out and have a beer.

should i in turn post links to al franken's site? i said CREDIBLE NEWS not right wing propaganda. i was even so gracious as to offer that you submit something from foxnews, but it seems even their journalists are not so stupid as to just make shit up in the same manner that oreilly has.

Dagons Blade

You KNOW what I mean. Don't pull THIS one.Nice try though.

My point is is that if everyone has to pay normal price for something in America, so do Mr. and Mrs. FOB. (Fresh Off The Boat) Because you come from this country or that country entitles you to NO discounts. Yeah you have tax free money for 7 years or whatever time each state allows you, but you have no right to impose on a major store and insist that they lower prices just for YOU..NOONE, regardless of where they are from, has that right.

KharmaDog
You KNOW what I mean. Don't pull THIS one.Nice try though.

My point is is that if everyone has to pay normal price for something in America, so do Mr. and Mrs. FOB. (Fresh Off The Boat) Because you come from this country or that country entitles you to NO discounts. Yeah you have tax free money for 7 years or whatever time each state allows you, but you have no right to impose on a major store and insist that they lower prices just for YOU..NOONE, regardless of where they are from, has that right.

Where the hell is this point coming from?

PVS
And if MSNBC had a picture of ANN Coulter, then THAT would automatically make MSNBC a station with a political agenda?

You guys just can't accept the fact that the Right has opinions on things too, can you? And I personally feel that Ms. Coulter is a bit out there, and more suited for the left than the right, and even I can't stand her but one picture of her dosen't make the entire website a diseased one.

you just dont get it. you dont know the difference between a credible news source and an opinion blog. now THAT is a major problem with america. never mind foreigners trying to exchange obnoxios amounts of currency. time to set our priorities straight junior roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dagons Blade
Originally posted by PVS

next time try reading other people's posts instead of just gawking over mine, and you might find the proof you need. the only one committing the cowardly act of presenting faux news and putting words in other peoples mouths seems to be you. thank you for destroying a good discussion so we can witness you having a 3rd degree tantrum erm

Dude, whose throwing tantrums? You systematically deny and and every thing I say..and ou have yet to prove to me that all the shit theleft says about the right is true too. I've asked you several times you turn around and prove to me that theleftist intentions were wrong, and you turn around and give me this shit about non credible evidence when the left is also ful of it.

Oh and if you mean destroying the discussion because I ruined your plans for one sided monopoly of it, then you're welcome. Merry Christmas,mother****er.

Originally posted by PVS
you have got to be kidding me laughing out loud you and deano should get together and go out and have a beer.

With you as bartender I have no doubt that a considerable amount of cyanide would find it's way into the glasses before they reach us.

Originally posted by PVS
should i in turn post links to al franken's site? i said CREDIBLE NEWS not right wing propaganda. i was even so gracious as to offer that you submit something from foxnews, but it seems even their journalists are not so stupid as to just make shit up in the same manner that oreilly has.

And if it was MSNBC or another credible news source, somehow that credibility woud fade if mention of someone or something you hated was on it's front page. You look for excuses at all angles to legitimize your allegations that everyone lies.

Dagons Blade
Where the hell is this point coming from?

In reply to Botankus saying that she's seen people of ALL races try to talk people down on prices. It's a few pages back. And I am harmonizing by saying that she's right,a nd that sometimes regardless of personal opinion on how much somehitng should cost, we ALL have to pay the tag price.

KharmaDog
In reply to Botankus saying that she's seen people of ALL races try to talk people down on prices. It's a few pages back. And I am harmonizing by saying that she's right,a nd that sometimes regardless of personal opinion on how much somehitng should cost, we ALL have to pay the tag price.

First of all, Botankus is a guy.

Second of all, you might want to try to make points without calling people a motherf*cker, resorting to racist comments or escalating a situation through either moot posts or posts with random meanings.

PVS
Dude, whose throwing tantrums? You systematically deny and and every thing I say..and ou have yet to prove to me that all the shit theleft says about the right is true too. I've asked you several times you turn around and prove to me that theleftist intentions were wrong, and you turn around and give me this shit about non credible evidence when the left is also ful of it.

you dont understand. i am not saying the "leftist" intentions are right or wrong. im saying there are no leftist intentions. its bullshit and doesnt exist, and the only way you have to debate is to choose a side in this imaginary war and say "WE'RE RIGHT!!!!!! YOU'RE WRONG!!!!!!" based on sensationalist media lies and urban myth. its a farse and oreilly is full of shit (and thus by extention, you)

And if it was MSNBC or another credible news source, somehow that credibility woud fade if mention of someone or something you hated was on it's front page. You look for excuses at all angles to legitimize your allegations that everyone lies.

a credible news source does not parade the opinions of others as headlines. they simply report world events. fox many times will put a bias spin, as im sure msnbc, and cnn may sneak some in as well. point is, they exist to report the news. the sights you post exist to promote a one-sided opinion. the same as if i posted a michael moore article as "proof"

but you know that, dont you? you know that the point is solid and you are clearly in the wrong. but maybe if you continue your tyrade and give us more literary diarrhea_, we may overlook it.

Dagons Blade
Originally posted by PVS
you dont understand. i am not saying the "leftist" intentions are right or wrong. im saying there are no leftist intentions. its bullshit and doesnt exist, and the only way you have to debate is to choose a side in this imaginary war and say "WE'RE RIGHT!!!!!! YOU'RE WRONG!!!!!!" based on sensationalist media lies and urban myth. its a farse and oreilly is full of shit (and thus by extention, you)

Dude, chill. Can you deny that people who disagree with our traditions aren't using the 1st Amendment to silence their opponents? This whole thing amounts to both sides wanting their way, with one side in constant refusal of the fact that they are preaching tolearance for religion, but yet attacking Christianity daily under the guise of "THEIR" free speech and *THEIR* right to religion. It comes down to "MY" religion..."MY" right.

And regardless of the left, the liberal media, or little Johnny Atheists, our rights and traditions were here first,and if you DON'T like the words Christmas, or Jesus, then too bad.

And you still haven't proved to me that you yourself aren't scared, with your little comment about disembowelling liberals while Christmas songs are being sung...

Originally posted by PVS
a credible news source does not parade the opinions of others as headlines. they simply report world events. fox many times will put a bias spin, as im sure msnbc, and cnn may sneak some in as well. point is, they exist to report the news. the sights you post exist to promote a one-sided opinion. the same as if i posted a michael moore article as "proof"

Oh I see, personal opinions aren't allowed? Well gee golly gosh, Wally. Tell that to the politicians who take up the causes of groups like the ACLU,Atheists, and other groups who kowtow to personal opinions and their flawless integration into the political reasoning of why*THIS* shouldn't exist, or *THAT* shouldn't exist, all in return for a nice little campaign donation the next time we're scheduled to elect (more like APPOINT) our next round of "chosen" leaders.

Tell me that personal opinions don't play parts on BOTH sides ofthe issues? But yet Republicans are the only ones who use them, yeah right.

but you know that, dont you? you know that the point is solid and you are clearly in the wrong. but maybe if you continue your tyrade and give us more literary diarrhea_, we may overlook it.

botankus
First of all, Botankus is a guy.

And for all those out there who don't know, I'm not a she-male, either.

In my sig, that's me on the left.

PVS
im through arguing with you. you just repeat points which were debunked already. repeating bullshit over and over does not make it become truth, dispite what you've learned from orielly.

there is no war on christmas, and the only thing killing the spirit of
christmas is fear, paranoia, racism, and the demagogs who use them
to make people like you dance on the end of their strings.

Shakyamunison
And for all those out there who don't know, I'm not a she-male, either.

In my sig, that's me on the left.

How do you type?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>