CGI Clonetroopers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kegs202
In my opinion I definetly think they should have used guys in costume rather than the CGI. Everytime I watch AOTC or ROTS I can clearly see they are not real. The close up shots are OK but any shots from distance just look fake. They can't move in the same manner that humans can. Personally I think 5-10 years from now these movies will look very dated.
Opinions please.....

No sarcasm please!!!

exanda kane
I dont know whether they'll look dated, however upon thinking of CGI technology in the future, they will (but GL will obviously change it as he's the one at the forefront of it anyway).

I would have preferred the real actors aswell; CGI Clones do not have the same presence as Stormtroopers.

overlord
Oh.. I didn't even notice how fake they looked.. But then again, I wasn't even paying attention on those stormtrooper ripoffs..

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by overlord
Oh.. I didn't even notice how fake they looked..

Me neither, they are simply background material to me.

overlord
Exactly! big grin

Sesse
Saber fodder.

DeVi| D0do
The Clonetroopers look horrible. Really horrible.

Ast
I never noticed in AOTC till it was pointed out, and the ones in ROTS looked great, except when they took off their helmets, then they look like shit.

But the scene with Bail at the temple, they looked great. big grin

amity75
I can't understand why they didn't construct at least a couple of real costumes. Maybe Lucas didn't want them going missing and ending up on ebay thus doing him out of small change.

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by Ast
But the scene with Bail at the temple, they looked great. big grin
Ahh, yeah... I must admit, they were excellent in that scene. And the ones that take down Ki Adi Mundi weren't too bad either... But the rest of them might as well have been cartoons.

amity75
On a more serious note, it just makes you think none of this is real! It's a bit like a band using a drum machine instead of a real drummer. It sounds fancy, but you can tell it's fake. You miss the sweat behind a real drummer. God, I'm rambling but you know what I mean.

exanda kane
True. It's a shame that a whole new trilogy of huge films is basically a bunch of computer images...

overlord
Yeah, the problem with CGI is that they often lack contrast.
When focusing on that, it usually looks much more realistic in my opinion.

kegs202
In the darker scenes they look ok but when theres any light they look awful. Guys in suits for me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.