hulk w/wolverine's claws v captain america's shield

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
cap's shield is the strongest thing in the marvel universe. could hulk use wolvie's claws to cut it?

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by leonidas
cap's shield is the strongest thing in the marvel universe. could hulk use wolvie's claws to cut it?

I sincerely doubt it. Why would they? If this were Hulk with Wolverine's Claws vs. Colossus' organic steel armor, i'd say Colossus goes down in a heartbeat.
Wolverine normally can't cut Colossus, because there's not enough force to push the claws through, but the adamantium in itself would be able to pierce his skin.
When it comes to Cap's shield, i honestly doubt the problem isn't that there's not enough strength backing wolverine's claws up, but that the adamantium simply can't breach the incredible molecular cohesion of the adamantium-steel alloy in cap's shield (that incidently lead to the discovery of adamantium).

house
Well wolverines claws are only powerful when they are attached to wolvie, But seriously the only way to get through caps shield is to tamper with its molecular bonding in some way...

Hulk_Power

I thought Thor's hammer was the strongest thing in the marvel universe. Supposedly it's made out of Uru, a mystical metal that is indestructible....

Anyways, I'm pretty sure Hulk could do it. Cap's shield is really durable but it's not indestructible. If Hulk was angry enough he could do it. I'm sure that even without claws, if he was really angry he could make a big dent on it or possibly even break it.

wolverine8888
Originally posted by Dark Urizen
I sincerely doubt it. Why would they? If this were Hulk with Wolverine's Claws vs. Colossus' organic steel armor, i'd say Colossus goes down in a heartbeat.
Wolverine normally can't cut Colossus, because there's not enough force to push the claws through, but the adamantium in itself would be able to pierce his skin.
When it comes to Cap's shield, i honestly doubt the problem isn't that there's not enough strength backing wolverine's claws up, but that the adamantium simply can't breach the incredible molecular cohesion of the adamantium-steel alloy in cap's shield (that incidently lead to the discovery of adamantium).

u are in correct wolverine claws do cut colossus

Hulk_Power
Originally posted by wolverine8888
u are in correct wolverine claws do cut colossus

I don't see Colossus's guts spilling to the ground.... confused

Are you sure?

wolverine8888
Originally posted by Hulk_Power
I don't see Colossus's guts spilling to the ground.... confused

Are you sure?

yes im sure I hae a comic wer ehe gets cut by wolverines claws.
here the pic the colossus fans use to say wolverien can't cut colossus yet in this pic it clearly says wolverine can

Melnorme
yes im sure I hae a comic wer ehe gets cut by wolverines claws.
here the pic the colossus fans use to say wolverien can't cut colossus yet in this pic it clearly says wolverine can

"Sparks fly". "Scoring metal".

Sounds like his claws are scratching him, but no more than trivial damage.

Good effort, though.

Hulk_Power
Originally posted by Melnorme
"Sparks fly". "Scoring metal".

Sounds like his claws are scratching him, but no more than trivial damage.

Good effort, though.

Exactly. I agree with what you're saying. I think that's what's happening. He obviously isn't doing much damage or if not his guts would be spilling out.

wolverine8888
read the other part. it says colossus metal is strong but no match for wolverines claws. also if u look he just slashing. colossus is lucky he did not stabb him. also wolverine is under mind control. if it ahd been real wolverine that would of been a stabb. any ways look at this pic it takes place a few comic after the one I showed of wolverine slashign colossus. also colossus in metal form is completly metal. why would colossus jump back so scared if wolverines claws did not go right through him?

Melnorme
read the other part. it says colossus metal is strong but no match for wolverines claws. also if u look he just slashing. colossus is lucky he did not stabb him. also wolverine is under mind control. if it ahd been real wolverine that would of been a stabb. any ways look at this pic it takes place a few comic after the one I showed of wolverine slashign colossus. also colossus in metal form is completly metal. why would colossus jump back so scared if wolverines claws did not go right through him?

Speculation. The scan speaks for itself. His claws do trivial damage. If he stabbed, they'd penetrate a fraction of an inch, and that's all.

wolverine8888
what scann one of the scanns colossus jumps the **** back and the other it clearly says colossus metla is no match for wolverines claws do u want me to post an issuse of a comci were colossus almost dies to wolverines claws?

Melnorme
what scann one of the scanns colossus jumps the **** back and the other it clearly says colossus metla is no match for wolverines claws do u want me to post an issuse of a comci were colossus almost dies to wolverines claws?

OK. Post it, because this scan only works against you.

jollyjim311
Yes, I would think that would help.

wolverine8888
OK. Post it, because this scan only works against you.

dude niethe rof thsoe scanns work against me. oen states that clossus organic metal is no match for wolveriens adamatium claws. the other pic which happens a few comics later has colossus jumping back scared of wolverines claws.
(Maximum security x-men unlimited #29) wolevriens claws easiliy cut colossus

long pig
The scan shows Wolverine unable to pierce Colossus' skin.

As previously thought by everyone but the retarded few.

wolverine8888
Originally posted by long pig
The scan shows Wolverine unable to pierce Colossus' skin.

As previously thought by everyone but the retarded few.

the pic shows wolverine doing a slash and if u look at teh angel of the sl;ash it would eman it is not ment to be a deep slash. also the pic says it self that colossus skinn is storng but nuthign compared to wolverines claws read the dam picture. also the comic I posted and the other picture prove my piont.

buckfutter
magneto can break both of them of course

long pig
the pic shows wolverine doing a slash and if u look at teh angel of the sl;ash it would eman it is not ment to be a deep slash. also the pic says it self that colossus skinn is storng but nuthign compared to wolverines claws read the dam picture. also the comic I posted and the other picture prove my piont.
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/4813/wolverin88888zp.jpg

Melnorme
dude niethe rof thsoe scanns work against me. oen states that clossus organic metal is no match for wolveriens adamatium claws. the other pic which happens a few comics later has colossus jumping back scared of wolverines claws.
(Maximum security x-men unlimited #29) wolevriens claws easiliy cut colossus

Scan Plz.

leonidas
actually, i think 8888 is a little bit right and wrong. the original post that raised the issue was this:

<<I sincerely doubt it. Why would they? If this were Hulk with Wolverine's Claws vs. Colossus' organic steel armor, i'd say Colossus goes down in a heartbeat. >>

and assessment i completely agree with. the claws ARE capable of cutting through him, just that wolvie can't apply enough force to do more than scratch him. to say if he stabbed he could penetrate him is speculation. i'd say he could penetrate perhaps, but only superficially and again not enough to do real damage.

i also agree with urizen about the other part of his post -- namely that hulk likely STILL couldn't penetrate the shield. someone else raised an interesting question of whether hulk is capable of breaking or denting it if angry enough. guess i'd have to say yes, but he'd have to be stronger perhaps than he's ever been to do so.

wolverine8888
Scan Plz.

I showed u to scanns any ways I do not have a scanner I get these scanns form friends on here. go look up the dam comic ur self.

long pig
I showed u to scanns any ways I do not have a scanner I get these scanns form friends on here. go look up the dam comic ur self.
Don't make claims if you can't prove them, kiddo.

wolverine8888
? I did prove them I ****ing gave the comic title and number. (MAXIMUM SECURITY X-MEN #29) SEE I PUT IT IN BIG LETTERS SO EVEN U CAN'T IGNOR IT.

Swanky-Tuna
Those scans are like from the 60's

Eternity
I dont know if the hulk can do it. He might but he would have to be really angry. He has bent broken and squeezed metals that are tough including adamantium but nothing as tough as captain americas shield

Dark Urizen
actually, i think 8888 is a little bit right and wrong. the original post that raised the issue was this:

<<I sincerely doubt it. Why would they? If this were Hulk with Wolverine's Claws vs. Colossus' organic steel armor, i'd say Colossus goes down in a heartbeat. >>

and assessment i completely agree with. the claws ARE capable of cutting through him, just that wolvie can't apply enough force to do more than scratch him. to say if he stabbed he could penetrate him is speculation. i'd say he could penetrate perhaps, but only superficially and again not enough to do real damage.

i also agree with urizen about the other part of his post -- namely that hulk likely STILL couldn't penetrate the shield. someone else raised an interesting question of whether hulk is capable of breaking or denting it if angry enough. guess i'd have to say yes, but he'd have to be stronger perhaps than he's ever been to do so.

Yeah, but be he as strong as you want him to be, if the molecular cohesion between the molecules of cap's shield is as strong as i think it is (reason for it not getting hurt), then all the brute strength in the world won't break it. It would take energy manipulation in order to either dissolve the bonds between the molecules or at least weaken them considerably. And THEN Hulk would have to get hella angry.

ps: all the scans i've seen from w8888 are dubious at best.

wolverine8888
wolveirne can put his claws right through colossus. but I still don't think that hulk using captian shield can break wolverines claws or hulk using wolverines claws cna breka capts shield.

grey fox
The shield itself is pretty damn durable , I've only ever seen it broken once and that was from RKT's melt-the-flesh-from-your-bones-vision.

FYI , the hulk has never bent adamantium he has only bent/broken GRADE B adamantium which is supposed to be weaker then the real stuff. Any other instance of him bending adamantium is Pis or Cis

Scoobless
King Thor put a huge freakin dent in Cap's shield one time (don't have that scan at the moment though)

grey fox
Originally posted by Scoobless
King Thor put a huge freakin dent in Cap's shield one time (don't have that scan at the moment though)

He didn't dent it he broke it !!!!

wolverine8888
that was kinda a bullshit comic. it was a what if comic not a real universe one.

grey fox
What did it deviate from then hmmmm ?

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by grey fox
What did it deviate from then hmmmm ?

what if's while still based off 616 are very different. It's like saying the worlds the Exiles visit are "based off 616" and therefore have the same thing going on.

grey fox
I understand , i was just asking what the main plotline deviated from .

Scoobless

He didn't dent it he broke it !!!!

Found it:

http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thor16wf.jpg
http://img173.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thor27ff.jpg

big grin

I think you're thinking of the time when he uses eyebeams to wreck it

grey fox
Found it:

http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thor16wf.jpg
http://img173.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thor27ff.jpg

big grin

I think you're thinking of the time when he uses eyebeams to wreck it

Yup , with melt-the-flesh-from-your-bones-vision.

GODSCRIBE
This Wolverine8888 character is such an idiot.

wolverine8888
Originally posted by GODSCRIBE
This Wolverine8888 character is such an idiot.

comming from a guy I prvoe wrong all the time and who also neevr uses prove. all u do when u lose the arguyement like always is try and bash me.

grey fox
8888 You should expect this much dude...... you do get a lot of hate posts ect.....

scotsmn
Scoobless, do you have the scans from that issue when he fights with Ironman?

scotsmn
By the way, I agree with the people that said Wolverine's claws do cut through Colosses. The word "scored" is used in the scene. That is a type of damage. If Wolverine stabbed instead of sliced, it would apply a lot more pressure to one place and go deeper. This much at least, is common sense.

grey fox
True.....

Scoobless
Originally posted by scotsmn
Scoobless, do you have the scans from that issue when he fights with Ironman?

no... and i'm reasonably annoyed about it.... i had a standing order at my comic store to hold certain titles for me.... the one time they f**k it up was over that Thor Vs Iron Man Vs Cap crossover

I had the entire recent run of Iron Man until they sold out of that issue

mad

scotsmn
no... and i'm reasonably annoyed about it.... i had a standing order at my comic store to hold certain titles for me.... the one time they f**k it up was over that Thor Vs Iron Man Vs Cap crossover

I had the entire recent run of Iron Man until they sold out of that issue

mad

Damn, I've wanted to see that fight for a while. Does anyone have the scan?

Melnorme
By the way, I agree with the people that said Wolverine's claws do cut through Colosses. The word "scored" is used in the scene. That is a type of damage. If Wolverine stabbed instead of sliced, it would apply a lot more pressure to one place and go deeper. This much at least, is common sense.

Not necessarily true. If I were to take a knife and slash at ballistic cloth, like kevlar, I could most certainly cut it, or hardened ballistic armor, I could score it, but if I were to stab, I'm almost certain tht I would not get through.

Ex11B
So,for all intents and puposes.Adamantium is indestructible,execpt if its molecules are re-arranged?

Scoobless
no

Ex11B
really?..then from what i hear,Uru is harder?..

leonidas
thor's hammer has been destroyed and broken in the past. uru < cap's shield, imo. odin's magic makes the issue a bit cloudier though.

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by Ex11B
So,for all intents and puposes.Adamantium is indestructible,execpt if its molecules are re-arranged?

I'd say yes, but ONLY for grade A Adamantium which has only existed in Wolverine's skeleton AFAIK. Anything else is a much weaker version (still incredibly strong mind you) called grade B Adamantium.

Cap's shield is also much stronger than grade A Adamantium.

wolverine8888
I'd say yes, but ONLY for grade A Adamantium which has only existed in Wolverine's skeleton AFAIK. Anything else is a much weaker version (still incredibly strong mind you) called grade B Adamantium.

Cap's shield is also much stronger than grade A Adamantium.
again no cpatian shield is just as strong

wolverine8888
8888 You should expect this much dude...... you do get a lot of hate posts ect.....

oh I know

long pig
Cap's Shield>>Wolverine's claws.

Adamantium was considered a failure when they tried to duplicate the shield's strength and durability.

Dark Urizen

Adamantium was considered a failure when they tried to duplicate the shield's strength and durability.

Exactly. Lemme say it the following way so you get it W8888. Cap's shield is the family's greatest pride. Went to Vassar and Princeton, has a 6 digits bi-monthly wage, etc. etc.
Wolverine's adamantium is his retarded cousin. He can drool.

That's the difference between the two sad

scotsmn
Not necessarily true. If I were to take a knife and slash at ballistic cloth, like kevlar, I could most certainly cut it, or hardened ballistic armor, I could score it, but if I were to stab, I'm almost certain tht I would not get through.

huh? I can't follow your "reasoning."

If something sharp cuts into something x amount with 100N of pressure then it's going to cut deeper if you apply 200N of pressure. By applying the force to a smaller area (stabbing) you are increasing the pressure.. which will cause the claws to sink deeper.

On top of that, a stab will have more force behind it anyway because the closer the claws are to being 90degrees to Wolverine's body, the more force they will be able to apply. Stretch out your arm to your side and put a heavy weight in your hand..(equivelant to scratching) you'll see it's much harder to hold it up than if you bring the arm in closer to your body.

scotsmn

Where did you get THAT information? Wolverine's claws are pure adamantium while Cap's shield has steel mixed in. I don't know that one is stronger than the other.

long pig
Where did you get THAT information? Wolverine's claws are pure adamantium while Cap's shield has steel mixed in. I don't know that one is stronger than the other.
Silly, silly uneducated child.

There is NO adamantium in Cap's shield. It's Vibranium/ unknown alloy mixture.

Dark Urizen

It's a mesh of Vibranium, Adamantium and steel. The Adamantium part wasn't ..."put"... in. The result of the initial mesh led to the discovery of Adamantium as a derivative of the mesh in the shield.

Adamantium is an impure crappy consequence compared to Cap's shield (and i'm talking grade A adamantium here)

long pig
It's a mesh of Vibranium, Adamantium and steel. The Adamantium part wasn't ..."put"... in. The result of the initial mesh led to the discovery of Adamantium as a derivative of the mesh in the shield.

Adamantium is an impure crappy consequence compared to Cap's shield (and i'm talking grade A adamantium here)
There isn't any Adamantium in the shield.

Dark Urizen
There isn't any Adamantium in the shield.

It's not Adamantium inside of it per se, but seeing as how Adamantium was developed as a faulted attempt to reproduce the process of creating his shield, i just mentioned that it exists in the shield.

scotsmn
It's not Adamantium inside of it per se, but seeing as how Adamantium was developed as a faulted attempt to reproduce the process of creating his shield, i just mentioned that it exists in the shield.

"...chance mixture of iron, vibranium and an unknown catalyst. The alloy was indestructible, yet the shield was light enough to use as a discus-like weapon that could be angled to return to him. (In several stories, due to writer error, the shield was described as an adamantium-vibranium alloy." - Wikipedia

I guess it doesn't contain adamantium. It has some iron, vibranium and something else. Guess there's no way to know which is stronger.

Dark Urizen
"...chance mixture of iron, vibranium and an unknown catalyst. The alloy was indestructible, yet the shield was light enough to use as a discus-like weapon that could be angled to return to him. (In several stories, due to writer error, the shield was described as an adamantium-vibranium alloy." - Wikipedia

I guess it doesn't contain adamantium. It has some iron, vibranium and something else. Guess there's no way to know which is stronger.

the "writer's error" was him thinking logically, that since the process of trying to recreate Cap's shield lead to the creation of adamantium, it would contain some.

As for which is stronger, didn't that demon with the weird name from Limbo break his claws and use them as toothpicks? And he was just a class 100 guy.

Cap's shield's only been hurt AFAIK by KT's Mjolnir.

long pig
Cap's shield>>>Adamantium

scotsmn

As for which is stronger, didn't that demon with the weird name from Limbo break his claws and use them as toothpicks? And he was just a class 100 guy.

Hmm? What are you talking about? No demon has broken his claws. Are you talking about something other than 616?

Dark Urizen
Hmm? What are you talking about? No demon has broken his claws. Are you talking about something other than 616?

New Mutants (1st series) # 73

S'ym is the guy to do it.

scotsmn
New Mutants (1st series) # 73

S'ym is the guy to do it.

big grin Wolverine isn't dead. That's not valid. Alternate realities and such are not useable evidence.

Dark Urizen
big grin Wolverine isn't dead. That's not valid. Alternate realities and such are not useable evidence.

What the f**k? It's in continuity, when Illyana transported them to Limbo. It's as valid as it comes.

scotsmn
What the f**k? It's in continuity, when Illyana transported them to Limbo. It's as valid as it comes.

Nah man, not useable. Limbo? You gotta be kidding me. Laws are completely different in Limbo.

long pig
Not really. Nothing was different.

S'ym breaking adamantium is canon.

Dark Urizen
Nah man, not useable. Limbo? You gotta be kidding me. Laws are completely different in Limbo.

Same Wolverine, same adamantium, same S'ym, continuity. No way to wiggle your way out of that laughing out loud

long pig
Same Wolverine, same adamantium, same S'ym, continuity. No way to wiggle your way out of that laughing out loud
ubt...wolbereen wnis...??

scotsmn
How is it canon if Wolverine is not dead? laughing You have no way of even proving that it was Wolverine's skeleton he snapped. Did Wolverine magically come back to life and sew his claw back on? roll eyes (sarcastic)

long pig
Yes, yes he indeed did. Like a few pages later.

scotsmn
Yes, yes he indeed did. Like a few pages later.

O'RLY? And he welded his adamantium claw back on as well? eek!

long pig
O'RLY? And he welded his amantium claw back on as well? eek!
It magically welded itself.

scotsmn
It magically welded itself.

That's what I thought laughing out loud

long pig
That's what I thought laughing out loud
No, seriously.

scotsmn
No, seriously.

Almost as if... it never... happened?! yes

Things that happen in alternate dimensions have no bearing on what is possible in our dimension.

long pig
Sure it does.

Dark Urizen
How is it canon if Wolverine is not dead? laughing You have no way of even proving that it was Wolverine's skeleton he snapped. Did Wolverine magically come back to life and sew his claw back on? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ummm......come to think of it, i don't think it was in New Mutants. That was something else, but similar. Wolverine was killed in that one too laughing out loud
This one i think was from Uncanny X-men, the ballad of Belasco. But yeah, it's still continuity.

FYI: In Limbo, all the characters have the exact same abilities, powers and characteristics as in the real world. Wolverine's adamantium would've just as easily been broken by S'ym in the real world as well. However, his "coming back form the dead" wouldn't have happened.

(look up the ballad of Belasco)

scotsmn
Limbo is not in our dimension. Laws change in limbo. 616 Wolverine in 616 universe/dimension has never had his adamantium claws broken unless you count magneto. This is fact.

What is your definition of continuity?

long pig
Limbo is not in our dimension. Laws change in limbo. 616 Wolverine in 616 universe/dimension has never had his adamantium claws broken unless you count magneto. This is fact.

Yes he did. By S'ym.

thesilverspider
Yes he did. By S'ym.

"looks at pig's sig"... you really don't like this guy. laughing out loud

scotsmn
Yes he did. By S'ym.

Giving the name of a demon in some other dimension who broke a claw of someone who was supposedly Wolverine doesn't work.

no

Dark Urizen

laughing Why don't you read it and then come back and discuss it.
That WAS Wolverine. He was taken with Colossus from the 616 Universe by Illyana. He died. So did Colossus.
Then two past versions of them (i think) were transported to Limbo again. They won, and went back to the 616 Universe. But the Wolverine that died and had his claw broken was the same as 616 Wolverine.
Don't be an imbecile. You can grasp what i'm saying (hopefully)

scotsmn
laughing Why don't you read it and then come back and discuss it.
That WAS Wolverine. He was taken with Colossus from the 616 Universe by Illyana. He died. So did Colossus.
Then two past versions of them (i think) were transported to Limbo again. They won, and went back to the 616 Universe. But the Wolverine that died and had his claw broken was the same as 616 Wolverine.
Don't be an imbecile. You can grasp what i'm saying (hopefully)

I grasp what you are saying and I also say that it happened in an alternate reality/universe as you stated. Limbo is not a place you find in Texas. In Limbo.. things are not the same as they are in the (comic) real world. This event did not happen in 616 and that's all that really concerns me.

I would read the comic out of curiousity but I do not own it and do not know anyone who owns it. If you own it would you mind posting some more? Thanks for the explanation, at least I have a better idea of what happened now.

Dark Urizen
I grasp what you are saying and I also say that it happened in an alternate reality/universe as you stated. Limbo is not a place you find in Texas. In Limbo.. things are not the same as they are in the (comic) real world. This event did not happen in 616 and that's all that really concerns me.

I would read the comic out of curiousity but I do not own it and do not know anyone who owns it. If you own it would you mind posting some more? Thanks for the explanation, at least I have a better idea of what happened now.

I don't own it, but i've read it.
And even though things are happening in Limbo, the characters they're happening to are the 616 ones without any alterations.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.