Batman - Nightwing.... Post IC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

botcherby
what the hell is going on. I'm damn interested into finding out what gonna happen

SPOILER WARNING

rumours that Dick will die/become bats may still come true however due to the March Solicits I have reason to believe Dick may remain Nightwing

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/preview.php?image=solicits/dc032006/dcu/big/OutsidersCv34.jpg

thats the cover to the first OYL of outsiders, that looks pretty much like nightwing, escrisma sticks and all... but if you look at Nightwing #118 we see something like

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/preview.php?image=solicits/dc032006/batman_superman/big/NightwingCv118.jpg

which looks disturbingly like Jason Todd's knife...

The Ion
What I found disturbing is Batman smiling. That just looks odd. confused

Here's my guess.

Bruce is Commish. Selina Kyle = Selina Wayne. Selina Wayne = Pregnant. Bruce has for some reason or another allowed Jason to be Batman. Dick is still Nightwing. Tim is still Robin.

botcherby
Yea I was thinking that for the last day or so now... Jason will become Batman, that would be hiliarious

olympian
Yeah that cocky smile Bats has has been spreading rumors that it might be Jason.

I hope so. Can you imagine the irony?

nate100
Does anyone have a picture of this batman/jason todd smile?

The Ion
http://dccomics.com/media/covers/4927_400x600.jpg

More like a s**t eating grin than a smile.

o.g. slaughter
i keep hearing talk about jason. are yall talkin about jason todd? the one that supposedly died at tha hands of the joker? iz he alive?

Draco69
Unfortunately...

botcherby
his resurrection story will be covered in March.... which is an awfully long time

olympian
Cool nasty grin. Looks like Todd. Either that or Richard gets to be the Bats and Tood takes his place.

Ya know i never get the actual -why- he was hated out of being for the sake of replacing the previous guy.

Death in a family (bound to be retconned now) was forced to the extreme of having the kid walk to the door when there wer windows in that storhouse where he could had trow the bomb or try to get out in an easier way.

But it seems good now, one comeback against a hack finale, works for me devil

o.g. slaughter
i read under the hood. i liked it. jt iz ruthless. i lik him.

OB1-adobe
I would rather see them kill off batman entirely than have some other person that Bruce Wayne be the Batman.

Its his godamn character.

"I'm the Godamn Batman!"

botcherby
Batman was created as a legacy character though... it was meant to be passed on.. thats how the war on crime would be eternal

NoFate007
The only people I would like to see take up the mantle after Bruce's death are Grayson and Drake. I did like how they did the Project Batman Beyond idea, but I'd rather see Grayson take it up, and then Drake take up Nightwing, and them train another Robin. I'm not a fan of Todd at all. I don't think the proper hero to replace Bruce, the man, would be the Robin who was a punk and got killed quite easily.

botcherby
It seriously makes no sense for Todd to be Bats... Nightwing was pissed after Jean became bats, and then he assumed his rightful place as bats during Prodigal. Why should anyone other than grayson become bats?

why theory DC likes to **** with the fans big grin

The Ion
Well now it's confirmed Dick Grayson isn't Nightwing anymore. I think the identity of Batman will just be a big mystery.

NoFate007
If Grayson isn't Nightwing, who is he? And who's Nightwing?

botcherby
IC# 3 shows how Batman is implied to want to give up Bats

And the question about Dick.... I think its becoming more apparent that Dick will become Batman.... I really hope so because:

1) he lives
2) I start buying batman
3) Batman livens up a bit

Blair Wind
so....who is nightwing now?

animal666
Dick ultimately becomes the Red Robin.....Bruce is still Bats after IC.

eleveninches
i think:
bruce will become commish in OYL and then die and be the next spectre host
dick will become batman
jason will be nightwing
tim will still be robin
connor will die
superboy prime will become superman until kal-el gets his powers back
kal-el will be depowered totally
kal-L will die
dark kara will become supergirl

olympian
"I'm not a fan of Todd at all. I don't think the proper hero to replace Bruce, the man, would be the Robin who was a punk and got killed quite easily"

The story alone was a commercial stunt. Besides the kid was:

-betraied by his mother

-was punching on Joker before...

-two guns sneaked attack him and started wailing on him. joker never even do anything, he merely finished the other guys job.

Not odd considering Batman itself has been taken by tugs.

I prefer JT staying as Hood. Its more its character.

Bushwacker
I'm just curious to find out how Jason got to be so tough. He didn't follow orders from Bruce, so who trained him?

Also, who was the guy posing as the Joker in Batman 638? If Jason beat him up so bad, how do we see the Joker in more recent issues?

Knightfall93
Jeez, I really need to know more about the Crisis and stuff. Im a bit behind. Can sum1 clue me in?

NoFate007
I don't know much about this whole crisis thing either Knightfall. I tried reading summaries on them but there's like a crisis that happened in the 80s and now there's a new one...too confusing.

Knightfall93
LOL. Wasn't there an OMAC Infinite Crsis and there was thet Zero Hour thing where Hal Jordan as Parallax f**ked up time and got rid of loads of cool history like Btaman Yr2

wuTa
dick should not become batman, i love the nightwing/grayson charactor, why would you step out of batmans shadow, which is obviously not an easy thing to do than step right back in it, the only batman in my book is bruce wayne, always will be....if they want to have grayson take over batmans "position" than just have him move in the Wanye Manor as grayson/Nightwing and fight the same villians as batman

Knightfall93
BRUCE IS BATMAN! DICK IS NIGHTWING! TIM IS ROBIN! JASON IS DEAD! If ya want to vote for a new \Batman, or against, just vote on kmy poll on the Infinite Crsis and Zero Hour thread!

Jade Chihuahua
Replacing Bruce is the stupidest thing I've ever heard!
He's the only Batman as far as Im concerned and Jason Todd (and most of the other deceased DC characters) should just stay dead!

Knightfall93
I say they should stop doing loads of ****, apologise to the fans, have a storyline where Hal Jordan gets butchered, kill Goddam Barry Allen and... keep Bruce, kill Jason, decide that the other 2 Big 3ers who died, WW and Supes, should stay dead and then just focus on BATMAN. I reckon they should keep Dick as NW, Tim as R and etc, and use the Lazarus Pit or something to bring back the greatest girl in Gotham, Cassandra Cain aka Batgirl!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.