Top 10 PT Duelists

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Creator
I am talking about all of the duelers the jedi, sith, and dark jedi and any others you may think of. And feel free to list some reasons to.

1) Yoda
2) Darth Sidious
3) Mace Windu
4) Darth Tyrannus
5) Depa Billaba
6) Obi-Wan Kenobi
7) Anakin Skywalker
8) Sora Bulg
9) Cin Drallig
10) Darth Maul

Sorgo
1) Yoda
2) Dooku
3) Mace Windu
4) Darth Sidious
5) Anakin Skywalker
6) Obi Wan Kenobi
7) Darth Maul
8) Quinlan Vos
9) Sora Bulq
10) Depa Billaba

jollyjim311
You didn't mention General Greivous, he is definitely on the list.

The Creator
I doubt he could take anyone that has been mentioned except for maybe Vos.

jollyjim311
As far as pure saber combat goes? I was thinking of LOE General Greivous, and he technically wasn't in the PT, but ROTS Greivous was still good, hewas just compared to Obi Wan who we all know kicked butt.

The Creator
So Obi-Wan kicked Grievous' ass in seconds. True he might destroy Maul to but not as badly as Grievous.

Shadow x 20
1.) Master Yoda
2.) Darth Sidious
3.) Count Dooku
4.) Mace Windu
5.) Obi-Wan Kenobi
6.) Anakin Skywalker
7.) Qui-Gon Jinn
8.) General Grievous
9.) Darth Maul
10.) Luke Skywalker

OBI-Ninja
1. Yoda
2. Count Dooku
3. Mace Windu
4. Darth Sidious
5. Depa Billaba
6. Anakin Skywalker
7. Obi-Wan Kenobi
8. Darth Maul
9. Qui-Gon Jinn
10. Cin Drallig

jollyjim311
Originally posted by Shadow x 20
10.) Luke Skywalker

Luke....? PT... or is that sarcasm?

OBI-Ninja
Of course! baby luke from ROTS pWnZoOrZ everyone! lol

Sorgo
Originally posted by jollyjim311
You didn't mention General Greivous, he is definitely on the list.

No. I do not think so.

If he was a Human, Kenobi would have defeated him in less than four seconds, due to the fact he cut off two of his Hands.

jollyjim311
Yeah... he's not... whats your point?

Sorgo
Yeah... he's not... whats your point?

He doesn't deserve to be on that list.

jollyjim311
He's a great saber duelist, just he has no force powers so he is downgraded.

Captain REX
Wow, I actually haven't seen anyone try to tell us that Mace Windu is on top. Awesome, things are improving. big grin

Psst, Shadow, Luke Skywalker wasn't a PT duelist.

Here's my list.

1) Yoda
2) Darth Sidious
3) Count Dooku
4) Mace Windu
5) Anakin Skywalker
6) Obi Wan Kenobi
7) Darth Maul
8) Qui-Gon Jinn
9) Quinlan Vos
10) Cin Drallig

Greyrobes
1) Count Dooku - "A fine, classic swordsman"
2) Anakin Skywalker\Lord Vader - "Could probably stand up against any Force-user in the galaxy and prevail, if he wasn't so damn clumsy"
3) Darth Maul - "A Sith warrior, nuff said"
4) Mace Windu - "A bad mother*bleep* according to Sam"
5) Obi-Wan Kenobi - "Evolved to a formidable fighter, apparently"
6) Yoda - "I guess he's a adept fencer as well, even if I despise the idea"
7) General Grievous - "A Jedi-nightmare, if we're to believe the Clone Wars toon; his depiction in RotS is pathetic"
8) Darth Sidious - "Even though I thought he stood above petty fencing antics, he could hold his own with a saber"
9) Shaak Ti - "She did pretty good against Grievous"
10) Plo Koon - "Just 'cause, a'ight?"

overlord
laughing HAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!!! These threads again? What's so fun about showing us your opinion anyway?

Here's my list:
1) Plo F*cking Koon
2) Anakin Skywalker
3) Mace Windu
4) Count Dooku
5) Qui-Gon Jinn
6) Darth Sidious
7) Cin Drallig!!
8) Yoda (he never kills)
9) Coleman Trebor
10) Darth Maul

ps: My list is the best..

jollyjim311
Originally posted by Greyrobes
1) Count Dooku - "A fine, classic swordsman"
2) Anakin Skywalker\Lord Vader - "Could probably stand up against any Force-user in the galaxy and prevail, if he wasn't so damn clumsy"
3) Darth Maul - "A Sith warrior, nuff said"
4) Mace Windu - "A bad mother*bleep* according to Sam"
5) Obi-Wan Kenobi - "Evolved to a formidable fighter, apparently"
6) Yoda - "I guess he's a adept fencer as well, even if I despise the idea"
7) General Grievous - "A Jedi-nightmare, if we're to believe the Clone Wars toon; his depiction in RotS is pathetic"
8) Darth Sidious - "Even though I thought he stood above petty fencing antics, he could hold his own with a saber"
9) Shaak Ti - "She did pretty good against Grievous"
10) Plo Koon - "Just 'cause, a'ight?"

Shaak Ti, hahaha. And who are you quoting?

Darth Faunus
As far as pure saber combat goes? I was thinking of LOE General Greivous, and he technically wasn't in the PT, but ROTS Greivous was still good, hewas just compared to Obi Wan who we all know kicked butt.

Grievous never gets his chest crushed in LOE. He's in the exact same condition as he is in ROTS.

jollyjim311
Originally posted by Sorgo
No. I do not think so.

If he was a Human, Kenobi would have defeated him in less than four seconds, due to the fact he cut off two of his Hands.

If Obi Wan was a Hutt, Greivous would beat the crap outta him!

Sorgo
If Obi Wan was a Hutt, Greivous would beat the crap outta him!

Have you ever seen a Jedi Hutt?

Beldorian the Great?

Escape81
Yanth the Hutt was pretty damn quick in Star Wars: Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter.

darthsith19
Here's my list (from the era of the movies only)
1) Yoda
2) Anakin (ROTS)
3) Obi-Wan (ROTS)
4) Sidious
5) Mace
6) Tyranus
7) Maul
8) Luminara Unduli
9) Sora Bulq
10) General Grievous

fisto/katarnrul
Here's my list

1] Yoda
2] Mace
3] Sidious
4] Fisto
5]Obi-Wan
6] Anakin
7]KI-Adi-Mundi
8] Asajj
9]Zett Jakussa
10]Maul

Darth_Glentract
Yoda
Mace
Dooku
Sidious
Obi-wan
Cin
Anakin
Depa
GG(ROTS)
Asajj

Darth243
1.Dooku
2.Anakin
3.Obi Wan
4.Windu
5.Sidious
6.Yoda
7.Maul
8.Plo Koon
9.Qui Gon
10.Ki Adi Mundi

Darth_Glentract
Yoda as 6th? lol.

Darth243
Yes yoda as sixth...lol, Well I done that based on the sidious battles, as in he didnt really defeat sidious and Mace "bested" him. and the first three are minor fanboyism, but with some rationalization behind them.

Escape81
Originally posted by fisto/katarnrul
Here's my list

1] Yoda
2] Mace
3] Sidious
4] Fisto
5]Obi-Wan
6] Anakin
7]KI-Adi-Mundi
8] Asajj
9]Zett Jakussa
10]Maul

Where the hell is Count Dooku?

Darth243
That AND why is Kit Fisto above Obi and Anakin?

overlord
Fisto pwns Dooku and crew.

ssj3gohan007
Mace ("One Baddass mofo"wink
Sidious ("The Devil Reincarnated"wink
Yoda ("Size Matters Not!"wink
Anakin (ROTS - Using Dark Rage)
Dooku ("Christopher Lee, 'nuff said"wink
Obi-wan ("He is in every bloody movie"wink
Cin Drallig( "Legendary Jedi Trainer"wink
Depa
GG(ROTS) "Trained by Dooku himself"
Asajj

Shadow x 20
Luke....? PT... or is that sarcasm?

Baby Luke pwns everyone!! (sarcasm)

ssj3gohan007
Baby Luke pwns everyone!! (sarcasm)

Lmao thats pretty funny, and then 20 years later....

Luke gets pwned by a mere outlaw which old obi mops the floor with( plus his friend) , in less than a second!

Escape81
Originally posted by overlord
Fisto pwns Dooku and crew.

Count Dooku, with the flu, and asleep could take Kit Fisto. Sorry.

overlord
No kidding.. big grin
Our new member is funny though that he places Fisty so high..

ssj3gohan007
lol yes true, kit fisto could never defeat anyone in the top 6, maybe cin but theres not enough information, and a debate would lead to alot of fanboyism most likely.

overlord
Funny thing is.. That he actually PMed me accusing me of being a Plo Koon fanboy. Just like most kids; he has never heard of sarcasm nor joking around.

ssj3gohan007
Yes well some people takes jokes a little too literally, your right

Darth Faunus
Originally posted by darthsith19
1) Yoda
2) Anakin (ROTS)
3) Obi-Wan (ROTS)
4) Sidious
5) Mace
6) Tyranus
7) Maul
8) Luminara Unduli
9) Sora Bulq
10) General Grievous

Why do you have Tyranus in 6th? And Anakin and Obi-Wan above Mace and the said Sith Lord?

Darth Faunus
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Yoda
Mace
Dooku
Sidious
Obi-wan
Cin
Anakin
Depa
GG(ROTS)
Asajj

CIn Drallig above Anakin? What is this?

ssj3gohan007
how do you like my list?

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
CIn Drallig above Anakin? What is this?

Whoops. I meant to put Anakin above Cin. My bad.

ssj3gohan007
so is everyone ok with my list?

Darth Faunus
No. You have Mace above Yoda, and Anakin above Dooku.

Shadow x 20
You also have Obi below Ani.

Darth Faunus
Which is probably true.

Shadow x 20
That's why Obi-Wan defeated Anakin?

Darth Faunus
That's why Anakin defeated Dooku? Things aren't always what they seem.

Anakin was arrogant, and that is why he fell. According to Gillard, he was a Level 9, while Obi-Wan was a Level 8. Granted, I consider them nigh equals, or else Obi-Wan would have been slain. But it was because he knew Anakin so well -- and because his former apprentice was almost comically arrogant -- that the Jedi came out of it on top.

Council#13
1)Yoda
2)Mace
3)Obi-Wan
4)ROTS Anakin
5)Qui-Gon Jinn
6)Cin Drallig
7)Shaak Ti
8)Kit Fisto
9)Saesee Tiin
10)Agen Kolar
Note: These last three must have been pretty good otherwise they wouldnt have been taken to fight Sidious and these are all jedi if you didnt notice yet

Shadow x 20

Anakin was arrogant, and that is why he fell. According to Gillard, he was a Level 9, while Obi-Wan was a Level 8. Granted, I consider them nigh equals, or else Obi-Wan would have been slain. But it was because he knew Anakin so well -- and because his former apprentice was almost comically arrogant -- that the Jedi came out of it on top.

Obi-Wan wasn't trying to kill Anakin and Anakin was trying to kill Obi-Wan. If Obi was trying to kill Ani he would have pushed him into the lava instead of walking away. Not to mention Obi's form is based on defense and Ani's is offense.

Se7in
1) Mace Windu
2) Darth Sidious
3) Yoda
4) Dooku
5) Obi-Wan
6) Anakin

That's really all I can say. I haven't seen enough of any other.

Darth Faunus
Obi-Wan wasn't trying to kill Anakin and Anakin was trying to kill Obi-Wan. If Obi was trying to kill Ani he would have pushed him into the lava instead of walking away. Not to mention Obi's form is based on defense and Ani's is offense.

"I will do what I must."

Obi-Wan says this just before the beginning of his duel. He is prepared to what is necessary, which is killing Anakin.

At the end of the duel, by the way, he thought he'd killed Anakin. This is revealed in Dark Lord. It's also common sense. I doubt that he expected Anakin to survive losing three limbs and immolation.

Shadow x 20
Obi-Wan also said "send me to fight the Emperor I can't kill Anakin" or something like that to Yoda. Plus he had to kill Anakin he didn't want to kill Anakin.

Darth_Glentract
Problem is, Shadow, that GL says in specifically in the ep3 commentary that Obi-wan thought he had killed Anakin.

I would say that in ability to manage a blade, Anakin is better, but in ability to use terrain, Obi-wan is better.

Shadow x 20
That's why Obi didn't push Ani into the lava. He couldn't even watch Ani on fire let alone him dieing.

Sorgo
Originally posted by darthsith19
1) Yoda
2) Anakin (ROTS)
3) Obi-Wan (ROTS)
4) Sidious
5) Mace
6) Tyranus
7) Maul
8) Luminara Unduli
9) Sora Bulq
10) General Grievous

Why the hell is Kenobi above Dooku? Did you not see Kenobi get f*cked up by a platform AND have a few nice scars from Episode II? Why the hll is Kenobi above Mace? WHY IS SIDIOUS ABOCE MACE?

Sorgo
When it comes to Lightsaber Dueling, the Best Swordsman doesn't always win. This was proven when Anakin handed Dooku's ass to him. Dooku wasn't fighting right and Anakin did physically grab Dooku in order to win but the point being Dooku got his shit f*cked over and he was a Level nine.

Dooku could hand Kenobi's ass to him, yet Anakin defeated Kenobi.

Anakin was a better duelist than Kenobi but when it came down to it, Anakin was a stupid little baligerant shithead who got f*ckin' pwned.

And Kenobi didn't think Anakin was dead. HE WAS SPEAKING TO HIM FOR CHRIST SAKES! He looked away when Anakin began to catch flames.

Just like Dooku is a better Duelist than Anakin... But he f*cked up! Bottom line.

SnakeEyes
Man... it seems like everyone in Star Wars gets screwed over... sad

Captain REX
Pretty much. big grin

Originally posted by Sorgo
Why the hell is Kenobi above Dooku? Did you not see Kenobi get f*cked up by a platform AND have a few nice scars from Episode II? Why the hll is Kenobi above Mace? WHY IS SIDIOUS ABOCE MACE?

Kenobi above Dooku I don't understand; Dooku is far superior to him. Kenobi above Mace I don't understand; Mace is far more skilled.

Sidious above Mace, though...depends on your opinions of their fight.

Illustrious

Get rid of almost, and you've got a great post.

Darth_Glentract
Is that system used by Drallig canon? Doesn't it put Anakin higher than Yoda or something?

Decay
sidious
yoda
dooku
anakin
mace
obiwan (his tactics and patience even him up with fighters who are superior in direct head to head dueling)
grievous
maul (with more patience and less arrogance hed be alot higher)
cin
kit? (hes the only one besides mace to stood up to sidious for more than about a second)

ssj3gohan007
What i believe is that Anakin was in control in most of the duel, overpowering Obi-Wan. But if ani did not do that jump in the end. and simply "surrendered" to obi and obi would then try to hug ani then ani quickly ignites his saber in obi's chest. lol then ani would achieve his potential.

jollyjim311
Originally posted by Council#13
1)Yoda
2)Mace
3)Obi-Wan
4)ROTS Anakin
5)Qui-Gon Jinn
6)Cin Drallig
7)Shaak Ti
8)Kit Fisto
9)Saesee Tiin
10)Agen Kolar
Note: These last three must have been pretty good otherwise they wouldnt have been taken to fight Sidious and these are all jedi if you didnt notice yet

Qui Gon is 5 but Dooku isn't even on the list? Shaak Ti is on it but Greivous in not? No Sidious? If you put the Sith near the top then get rid of the bottom... 6, and rethink them, it might be good.

P.S. This is pure dueling skill, right? Not who would win. Who can use their lightsaber most effectively in combat, no force powers, this is not a versus.

ssj3gohan007
Anakin is higher than obi-wan

Captain REX
Grievous isn't worthy of the list.

And yup, Anakin is better than Ben.

Council's lack of Sith is disturbing.

ssj3gohan007
yes it is disturbing

Master Fisto
Mace
Voolvif Monn
Obi
Yoda
Luke-the movies dont do him justice
ani
Count
Maybe Palps...

No specific order

Master Fisto
kit is supposedly 3rd...only to yoda and mace...the movie displays his slaughter very poorly...it is P.I.S.stick out tonguelot induced stupidity

DarkC
1.) Yoda
2.)Sidious
3.)Windu
4.)Obi-Wan
5.)Anakin
6.)Cin Drallig
7.)Vos
8.)Qui-Gon
9.)Maul
10.)And for some reason, Serra Keto.

Captain REX
Originally posted by Master Fisto
Mace
Voolvif Monn
Obi
Yoda
Luke-the movies dont do him justice
ani
Count
Maybe Palps...

No specific order

Voolvif Monn? Maybe Palps?

You'd better hope that's not in order...

Darth_Glentract
BTW, I don't think Luke was very good with a saber in the PT.

Mišt
Mkay my list I dont care who would win against each other, Im just putting them in saber skill. Whether or not they are better than someone else doesnt matter, its my list. And I dont care about any canon list either. And the Force isnt taken into account.

1. Dooku
2. Sidious
3. Yoda
4. Anakin
5. Mace
6. Obi Wan
7. Maul
8. Ventress
9. Grievous

I cant think of anyone to put as 9. or 10. but I put Grievous there, 4 sabers only, because he can do a lot of wonderful things with 4. With 1 saber, he would get beaten, which is why he shouldnt be on the list. Other than that, I havent seen enough of anyone to put them on the list.

Captain REX
Anakin over Mace? *shrug*

Ventress makes sense to put on there, actually. She manages to beat Kit Fisto and narrowly loses to (or defeats) Obi-Wan and Anakin (individually).

Grievous...meh, he's astounding for a non-sensitive swordsman. He has upgrades so that his two arms (not in four-arm mode) have the combined strength of four arms, and one arm the strength of two, so power blows would be great there. With the four arms, the number of sabers is overwhelming; that's the point. wink

Mišt
One had to be over the other. Yeah I put Ventress because she holds against Anakin and Obi Wan, its not like she gets killed off the bat.

And Grievous has to be using 4 sabers or I wouldnt bother putting him on the list. He doesnt really seem like he could take anyone on that list with only 1 saber. Skill wise.

Captain REX
True. Clone Wars has him with two and he fairs well...he even holds off Jedi with his feet.

Sorgo
Originally posted by Captain REX
Anakin over Mace? *shrug*

Ventress makes sense to put on there, actually. She manages to beat Kit Fisto and narrowly loses to (or defeats) Obi-Wan and Anakin (individually).

Grievous...meh, he's astounding for a non-sensitive swordsman. He has upgrades so that his two arms (not in four-arm mode) have the combined strength of four arms, and one arm the strength of two, so power blows would be great there. With the four arms, the number of sabers is overwhelming; that's the point. wink

Why not Anakin over Mace? Although it wasn't a fair fight, Anakin still killed Mace.

And yeah, Ventress was a fairly good Lightsaber Duelist. Basically, Anakin had to give into his Anger to defeat her.

You mean Grievous is astounding for a Non-Jedi Swordsman...

Grievous was Force Sensitive. You can't tell me that him Force Pushing twice in the CW was just some "Error".

Mišt
I was just thinking about the Anakin/Mace order, Mace needs room to be at his best. Anakin doesnt need a lot of room to be able to fight well. When Mace was confined to Palpatine's office, there wasnt much he could do, as opposed to how he could move in the Geonosis arena. So in this way, he's restricted to his saber fighting more than Anakin is. That'll be my reason for Anakin over Mace.

ssj3gohan007
Well its possible, i will give you that.

Basically the lists are each person's own personal oppinion and if they trully feel that ani is better than mace, they have a right to their own oppinion

Council#13
Qui Gon is 5 but Dooku isn't even on the list? Shaak Ti is on it but Greivous in not? No Sidious? If you put the Sith near the top then get rid of the bottom... 6, and rethink them, it might be good.

P.S. This is pure dueling skill, right? Not who would win. Who can use their lightsaber most effectively in combat, no force powers, this is not a versus.

I didnt really put them in order, and i didnt really bother to think too hard about who was better. confused

godemperortrump
Originally posted by overlord

Here's my list:
1) Plo F*cking Koon
2) Anakin Skywalker
3) Mace Windu
4) Count Dooku
5) Qui-Gon Jinn
6) Darth Sidious
7) Cin Drallig!!
8) Yoda (he never kills)
9) Coleman Trebor
10) Darth Maul

thumb up

Rebel95
Plo F*cking Koon baby

DarthAnt66
As of 2005, I'm pretty sure Plo's only lightsaber showing was losing to TPM Kenobi in the TPM video-game training match.

godemperortrump
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
As of 2005, I'm pretty sure Plo's only lightsaber showing was losing to TPM Kenobi in the TPM video-game.
laughing But Jensaarai, Evannova and Reti4 say him and Shaak could take on Palpatine!

DarthAnt66
Watching the video, Plo suggests the duel was legit, rofl. How canonical is this shit?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzEaADRS7Pk

Rockydonovang
Watching the video, Plo suggests the duel was legit, rofl. How canonical is this shit?

laughing

UCanShootMyNova

As canonical as Gillard's 10 tier system. smile

DarthAnt66
You mean Lucas'?

godemperortrump

DarthAnt66
nigga what

godemperortrump
Oh shit

DarthAnt66
no expression

godemperortrump
no expression
Originally posted by godemperortrump
Oh shit

godemperortrump
Well my mistake, forget Bulq. He's still around that level tho

TenebrousWay
Anakin
Yoda
Sidious
Mace
---------
Dooku
Obi Wan
Maul
Vos
Grievous
Savage

NewGuy01
Anakin>Rest

UCanShootMyNova
1. Yoda
2. Sidious
3. Dooku
4. Grievous
5/6/7. Anakin/Mace/Obi Wan.
8/9/10/11. Ventress/Plo Koon/Kit Fisto/Sora Bulq.

UCanShootMyNova
https://media.giphy.com/media/3ohhwpL92xrIEPmsmY/giphy.gif

NewGuy01
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view7/20140115/4953838/vader-kills-the-emperor-o.gif

UCanShootMyNova
https://media.giphy.com/media/3ov9jT4jxomVP9a1MY/giphy.gif

MythLord
1. Yoda/Sheev
2. Anakin
3. Mace/Dooku
4. Obi-Wan
5. Who the hell cares?

godemperortrump
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
1. Yoda
2. Sidious
3. Dooku
4. Grievous
8/9/10/11. Ventress/Plo Koon/Kit Fisto/Sora Bulq.

Plo has been debunked. Why is Grievous ahead of Ani, Obi and Mace?
Dooku is a bit high

darthbane77
1: Sidious/Yoda
2: Yoda/Sidious
3: Dooku/Windu
4: Windu/Dooku
5: Anakin
6:Kenobi
7: Grievous
8: Ventress
9: Kit Fisto
10: Plo Koon

relentless1
1. Yoda
2. Sidious
3. Windu
4. Anakin
5. Dooku
6. Obi Wan
7. Darth Maul
8. General Grievous
9. Savage Opress
10. Assaj Ventress

Total Warrior
Yoda
Sid
Windu
Anakin
Dooku
Kenobi
Vos
Maul
Grevious
Ventress

Ursumeles
Originally posted by darthbane77

4. Dooku
5: Anakin
???

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by godemperortrump
Why is Grievous ahead of Ani, Obi and Mace?

Plo has been debunked.

Dooku is a bit high

Grievous drove Mace back whilst utilizing only half of his potential combat speed. I'm of the mind that Obi Wan only beat him because, as Mace states, he all of the Jedi is best suited to fighting Grievous due to his form/fighting style along with the fact that he fought Grievous in a situation that was poor for the general. Even with all of those factors, Obi Wan had his defenses overloaded. Without them, I believe the fight would have ended very differently. I hold a non enraged Anakin around Mace level.

How exactly has Plo been debunked?

I'm sorry you feel that way.

UCanShootMyNova
1. Yoda
2. Sidious
3. Dooku
4. Grievous
8/9. Maul/Ventress
10/11/12. Plo Koon/Kit Fisto/Sora Bulq.

Added Maul and raised Ventress after consideration.

ILS
LMAO

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Added Maul and raised Ventress after consideration.

Sure, "consideration".

https://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/2/24960/1438262-606226.jpg

Rockydonovang
Tell me about how Grievous advancing towards Mace drove Mace back syn

twotter
I mean... Syn's hierarchy makes sense if we're cherry picking his favourite sources. Apparently, TCW isn't a thing. G-canon is just the ramblings of an old relic who should have sold his franchise sooner. The Revenge of the Sith Movie wasn't a thing and Mustafar Anakin is the standard barer for the character. Don't forget that in Labyrinth of Evil(?) Dooku said that he had to keep secrets to maintain an advantage over Grievous in their spars. As his sole instructor, it would have been far easier to predict his programmed attacks and responses than if they'd faced off in a random setting, not having met before. So in honour of Syndicate :

1 - Yoda
2 - Sidious
3 - Grievous
4 - Dooku
5/6/7 - Mace/Anakin/Obi Wan
8 - Maul
9 - Ventress
10 - Kit Fisto

Kurk
Oh my how times have changed. Just look at the lists of the members from 2005 (cin above Maul lol) versus now.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by twotter
I mean... Syn's hierarchy makes sense if we're cherry picking his favourite sources. Apparently, TCW isn't a thing. G-canon is just the ramblings of an old relic who should have sold his franchise sooner. The Revenge of the Sith Movie wasn't a thing and Mustafar Anakin is the standard barer for the character.

I'm not sure what you mean. :>

Originally posted by twotter
1 - Yoda
2 - Sidious
3 - Grievous
4 - Dooku
5/6/7 - Mace/Anakin/Obi Wan
8 - Maul
9 - Ventress
10 - Kit Fisto

Your list is pretty solid but because Mace only managed to stalemate Dooku whilst amped by Dooku's energies on top of his own, this implies to me that he's SUBSTANTIALLY ahead of Mace as an overall lightsaber combatant. I respect your opinion though. smile

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
1. Anakin
2. Yoda/Sidious
3. Mace
4. Dooku
5. Kenobi/Maul
6. Maul/Kenobi

Rockydonovang
1. Sidious
2. Anakin
3. Yoda
4. Windu
5. Dooku
6. DD Vos
7. ROTS Kenobi
8. SOD Maul
9. Plo Koon
10. Kit Fisto

SunRazer
1. Palpatine/Yoda/DS Anakin

4. Mace Windu

5. Count Dooku/LS Anakin

7. RotS Obi-Wan

8. TCW/SoD Maul

-- Classic EU Grievous

9. Savage Opress/Asajj Ventress

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
1. Anakin
2. Yoda/Sidious
3. Mace
4. Dooku
5. Kenobi/Maul
6. Maul/Kenobi

|King Joker|
1. Yoda / Darth Sidious

2. Darth Sidious / Yoda

3. Anakin Skywalker

4. Mace Windu

5. Count Dooku

6. Obi-Wan Kenobi

7. Darth Maul

8. Asajj Ventress

9. General Grievous

10. Savage Opress

This list is from a canon perspective. A few are probably interchangeable, but I didn't feel like cluttering the list too much with a lot of "/" and all that.

Kurk
Disney Canon; overall combat ability in a 1 vs 1 setting

1. Sidious
2. Talzin
3. Yoda (below Talzin due to over-reliance on defensive abilities)
4. "Dark" Anakin
5. Windu
6. Dooku
7. Maul / DD "dark" Vos
8. Maul / DD "dark" Vos
9. Obi-Wan
10. Grievous or Savage

godemperortrump
Oh yeah, forgot about Talzin...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.