CT Obi-Wan vs. General Grievous

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthsith19
Obi-Wan from The Cestus Deception vs. General Grievous from ROTS. In this book Obi-Wan is just a little weaker than Kit and about even with Asajj (he beats her but that may only be due to the fact that they were fighting underwater and he adapted to the climate better than she did). Well, Grievous beat Asajj so he should defeat Obi-Wan, right? Maybe, but Sorasu is good against Grievous. ROTS Obi-Wan won by quite a bit though I doubt AOTC Obi-Wan would win. But could Obi-Wan from The Cestus Deception beat him?

Dark Envy
Originally posted by darthsith19
Obi-Wan from The Cestus Deception vs. General Grievous from ROTS. In this book Obi-Wan is just a little weaker than Kit and about even with Asajj (he beats her but that may only be due to the fact that they were fighting underwater and he adapted to the climate better than she did). Well, Grievous beat Asajj so he should defeat Obi-Wan, right? Maybe, but Sorasu is good against Grievous. ROTS Obi-Wan won by quite a bit though I doubt AOTC Obi-Wan would win. But could Obi-Wan from The Cestus Deception beat him?

Soresu ain't good against Grevious. Soresu was SPECIFICALLY made for DEFLECTING blaster bolts, not fighting against lightsabers. Grevious wins this, he can kill Assaj or Kit anytime.

Shadow x 20
Soresu is perfect against Grievous. That's why the council sent Obi to beat down Grievous.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Dark Envy
Soresu ain't good against Grevious. Soresu was SPECIFICALLY made for DEFLECTING blaster bolts, not fighting against lightsabers. Grevious wins this, he can kill Assaj or Kit anytime.
No, Soresu is good against Grievous. Did you read the ROTS novel?

darthsith19
Originally posted by Shadow x 20
Soresu is perfect against Grievous. That's why the council sent Obi to beat down Grievous.
Thank you, Shadow x 20. What is yout thoughts on the outcome of this match?

Dark Envy
SORESU IS USED AGAINST BLASTERS, NOT LIGHTSABERS.

darthsith19
SORESU IS USED AGAINST BLASTERS, NOT LIGHTSABERS.
LOL, so that's why Obi-Wan beat Darth Vader and was assigned to destroy grievous, a Jedi killer who fights with lightsabers! laughing

Dark Envy
....Obi-Wan used Ataru against Grevious and Vader..

The Creator
Vader maybe but not Grievous.

Dark Envy
Originally posted by The Creator
Vader maybe but not Grievous.

Uhh why would Obi-Wan use Soresu which is specifically made for deflecting blasters and not use Ataru, a form of defense?

darthsith19
What! Obi-Wan diesn't even use form 4 anymore because it failed Qui-Gon!

Dark Envy
Originally posted by darthsith19
What! Obi-Wan diesn't even use form 4 anymore because it failed Qui-Gon!

Too bad, he does.

Darth_Glentract
Too bad, he does.

To bad, he doesn't.

Dark Envy
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
To bad, he doesn't.

Yes he does.

Luke Is Better
hahahaha your an idiot, just because your a defensive fighter doesn't mean you can't strike or go on the offensive. like in wrestling (i'm a big time wrestler and you might have heard my name alot in oregon justin holmes) if your a defensive wrestler you wait until theres an opening and you don't force one yourself thats how Obi-wan fights thats why he is perfect for GG because GG is purely offensive he's bound to make a mistake

Dark Envy
Originally posted by Luke Is Better
hahahaha your an idiot, just because your a defensive fighter doesn't mean you can't strike or go on the offensive. like in wrestling (i'm a big time wrestler and you might have heard my name alot in oregon justin holmes) if your a defensive wrestler you wait until theres an opening and you don't force one yourself thats how Obi-wan fights thats why he is perfect for GG because GG is purely offensive he's bound to make a mistake

1) USE GRAMMER IDIOT.
2)Obi-Wan used Ataru, live it with. Hes used it against Grevious and Anakin. When the hell in my post, did I say defense never atks?

overlord
Obi Wan could handle four lightsabers at a time because of Soresu, accept it.

kamikz
Yup he did use Soresu. Why would he put down the style he has mastered everytime he has a big fight and start fighting with one he has much lesser experience on.

Darth Faunus
1) USE GRAMMER IDIOT.
2)Obi-Wan used Ataru, live it with. Hes used it against Grevious and Anakin. When the hell in my post, did I say defense never atks?

1) Completely uncalled for. Try it yourself, by the way.

2) No, he didn't. Live with it. After TPM, he never reverted back to Ataru. If he had attempted Ataru techniques against either of those two, he would have been torn to shreds. They're two of the fastest combatants of the era, faster than any aggressive duelist save for Yoda, Mace, and the Emperor. Had Obi-Wan not used his superb Soresu ability, and not played defensive until the overly offensive duelists left themselves open, he would have been decimated.

He used Soresu. Get over it.

As to the fight, I'd have to say Grievous. Obi-Wan at this point, while certainly improved from AOTC, is not yet advanced enough in Soresu to take on Grievous and come out alive. He'd hold his own for a bit, but considering Asajj was able to floor him in seconds, and that he may have been killed then and there had Kit Fisto not intervened, I can confidently say that the General would win.

P.S. -- Grievous has never fought Ventress before. He may have sparred with her in a yet-to-be-revealed point during the war, but if you're referring to the Star Wars Tales version, you've got nothing. It has no value.

truejedi
it says he uses Soresu in the ROTS novel. Why exactly do you think he was using ataru? (he faked using ataru against dooku. This it says in the opening pages of ROTS. ) did you ever finish reading it?
Yoda used ataru, because it helped make up his size disadvantage, Windu used Vapaad to help him use his own anger for good, but Obi-wan mastered Soresu. Mastered it, not to cover some weakness, but because it was defensive. Windu said this gave him a better chance against grievous than any of the others.

darthsith19
1) But does the starwars.com databank have no value?
2) Grievous is stronger than Asajj. In Dark Rendezvous it says Grievous is even stronger than Asajj.
3) Grievous is stronger than Asajj. In Labrinth of Evil it says Grievous was stronger than any of Dooku's other Dark Side apprentices.
4) Grievous is stronger than Asajj. That's why he's the General and she's but a Commander.

So fought or not he's still stronger.

Darth Faunus
I never disagreed. But your particular source was wrong.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
I never disagreed. But your particular source was wrong.
Okay, okay. And just to let you know I voted for Grievous (but he has a hard time) because of your post. I thought about it and your right. Obi-Wan isn't good enough with Soresu yet to beat Grievous.

I wonder who voted for Obi-Wan pwns?

truejedi
Me i'm afraid. Obi-Wan vrs. grievous just doesn't seem like a close enough fight. My take on it is force user vrs. someone who isn't. I'm very biased toward the Jedi. call me a jedi fanboy, its ok.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.