Anybody wanna learn me some X-menness?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

twin_soul
Wow, I feel rather depressed... about ready to get into college, and I'm just now trying to get into X-men... what took me so long? How could I not have hopped on the band wagon sooner? It's crazy, ain't it? I know... so, now... I'm the pupil... now learn me. And learn me good, okay? lol. Any suggestions on getting in on the X-action?

Dr.Variant
first of all, you shouldnt just like it because its "whats in" i hate all these "band wagon" jumpers, jesus. either you like it cuz you generally like the story/chars/artistry or you dont.

Dr.Variant
you figure out if you actually are interested in it then come back. dont be a poser ****

Blair Wind
aight, it was a term....dont get anal....he my friend in real life, just wants to learn more about X-men, is that a crime? he's liked them for a long time just hasnt gotten to know so much about them, so he comes in here to ask and you give him grief? go back to your mother and let her slap some manners into you asswipe

twin_soul
thanks blair... yeah, but seriously... take my sarcasm as just wut it is... sarcasm. I just wanna know more bout x-men n i feel like i've gotten so far behind i don't know where to start... so if ur not gonna help me out, then why bother posting? and i aint no poser...

Ultimate Rage
Originally posted by twin_soul
thanks blair... yeah, but seriously... take my sarcasm as just wut it is... sarcasm. I just wanna know more bout x-men n i feel like i've gotten so far behind i don't know where to start... so if ur not gonna help me out, then why bother posting? and i aint no poser...

you are under my protection now......

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Ultimate Rage
you are under my protection now......

basically twin, any friend of mine is a friend of his....but just to help you go here for starters

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/

awesome site full of stuff....

Ultimate Rage
Originally posted by Blair Wind
basically twin, any friend of mine is a friend of his....but just to help you go here for starters

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/

awesome site full of stuff....

indeed evil face this site is the best...just dont go to marveldirectory.com this site is a piece of outdated shit

twin_soul
Alright, sweet! looks like it'll be a very merry christmas indeed. lol... got much reading to do, and plenty of time to do it big grin

icansee
Glad to see that you have actually picked the Xmen, which is great. Welcome abroad.

I have been into the Xmen comics for over 20 yrs, so if you have any particular question on the old or new Xmen I maybe of service.

big grin

icansee
10 out of 10 for your Xman poster.

Originally posted by Ultimate Rage
indeed evil face this site is the best...just dont go to marveldirectory.com this site is a piece of outdated shit

pr1983
My advice is...

any comic pre 1995, read it... dont touch the movies, they'll only poison the whole thing...

Ultimate Rage
Originally posted by icansee
10 out of 10 for your Xman poster.

thanx smile

Phoenix_Avatar9
Hi! more advice: stay away from marvel.com's archives, outdated!

cheekwg
interesting...I prefer the ultimate series tough..anyway,does anyone know if they have the hardcover versions of the original x-men?I only saw vol 1 which contained the first 10 comics but im not sure if they will still continue making hardcover versions...your help is appriciated...i cant believe x-men has been around for 42 years

twin_soul
I'm sure this is a question that I could find the answer to, but seeing as to how I'm really lazy, I'll ask it. What exactly is it that causes the mutation? It's not just one thing, is it? Like, is it different depending on the mutant?

Blair Wind
dude you coulda called me for that one...its the "X" gene...different little part to the DNA causes it, varied among the powers they get....and how strong the mutation is for them...just like real life cept in real life the mutations are generally bad for us....

Disappear
the fact that it may be a single gene may be debatable, as beast mentioned during the HoM series. "it's not just a single thing that makes a mutant a mutant, just like it's not just one thing that makes someone black." something to that accord. however, mutations occur when mutated genes, referred to as the "x" gene, are stimulated due to various stresses special cases of irradiated parents birthing mutants whose powers were already active exist, but are atypical.

ultimate x-men is a better series to get into if you want to understand everything more easily. there're only 50-60 issues, i think, compared to approximately 700 in uncanny and adjectiveless x-men in the 616 line. ultimate changes many things about the regular universe, but also has many throwbacks to the 616 which fans of both universes can appreciate. the "true" x-men's much more topsy turvy than ultimates, though the last BIG event was onslaught back in '96. nothing's really been on that level since.

i also highly recommend UXN, considering their enormous archives and forum which you can use to find/ask for other information. and, i also highly warn against the movies, as they're horrible and i hope they die.

cheekwg
well the movies are ok...i hope they make a devil may cry movie though...i think its cool...or maybe a marvel vs capcom movie...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.