The Sentry's Dirty Little Secret [VERY STOLEN speculation]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
Yeah, I stole it, sue me wack job!

Nah, the guy who wrote this deserves the credit because it is a very cool idea. Psifaxx. -bows-

Anway:
The next few issues Sentry's big secret is supposedly revealed.

The Sentry is UATU!
Taking a human form and literally inserting himself into his favorite world.
Look at the clues:

Sentry sits around in the "Watch"tower monitoring the world. (As a good Watcher should.)

He has a robotic companion called Watchdog. (Because a Rigelian Recorder would spoil the surprise. But come on, "Watch"-dog?)

A part of him inside called the Void is his nemesis and is the dark corner of his soul. (Yeah the part of him thats trying to stop him from breaking the Watchers oath of non interference. Be a weird twist if the Void is really the good side of Uatu's psyche.)

He can't function well as a human being, guilt keeps Robert Reynolds at home. (When a Watcher assumes human form, all kinds of feelings come with it. Guilt being the biggest one shown by a Watcher. And a fear of going outside would fit an unbalanced Uatu.)

He has the power of a million exploding suns. (And those millions of suns are all of the alternate timelines he can draw from. That's why heroes have such askew memories of Sentry and then they don't. Uatu is blending the what-if worlds and inserting flashbacks into this reality that never happened.)

The Watchtower is just an extension of the devices in his home on the moon. (Remember how he used them against Wolverine in the classic Uncanny X-Men #137?)

Reed is his best friend. (He is also Uatu's favorite human too.)

Also, it just so happens that Uatu has gone MISSING! The Inhumans can't find his big bald ass no where on the DSOT Moon.

So, how would you feel if the Sentry was actually the friggin Watcher?

Adam Warlock
Interesting. Seems a bit odd, but you were right about Ronin being Maya. Where'd you rip this from lp?

Lucid Lui
Hmmm... Yes, yes. That could work. I like it.

joesha28
Watchers are beings that act as witnesses.... not participants right? So i think maybe that serum was created by a watcher to act as a guardian of the watchers. A human uses it in a way and BOOM! Sentry.... but it has it's side effects by making the person insane or something.

Arahan
lol to everything

willRules
Originally posted by long pig
Yeah, I stole it, sue me wack job!

Nah, the guy who wrote this deserves the credit because it is a very cool idea. Psifaxx. -bows-

Anway:
The next few issues Sentry's big secret is supposedly revealed.

The Sentry is UATU!
Taking a human form and literally inserting himself into his favorite world.
Look at the clues:

Sentry sits around in the "Watch"tower monitoring the world. (As a good Watcher should.)

He has a robotic companion called Watchdog. (Because a Rigelian Recorder would spoil the surprise. But come on, "Watch"-dog?)

A part of him inside called the Void is his nemesis and is the dark corner of his soul. (Yeah the part of him thats trying to stop him from breaking the Watchers oath of non interference. Be a weird twist if the Void is really the good side of Uatu's psyche.)

He can't function well as a human being, guilt keeps Robert Reynolds at home. (When a Watcher assumes human form, all kinds of feelings come with it. Guilt being the biggest one shown by a Watcher. And a fear of going outside would fit an unbalanced Uatu.)

He has the power of a million exploding suns. (And those millions of suns are all of the alternate timelines he can draw from. That's why heroes have such askew memories of Sentry and then they don't. Uatu is blending the what-if worlds and inserting flashbacks into this reality that never happened.)

The Watchtower is just an extension of the devices in his home on the moon. (Remember how he used them against Wolverine in the classic Uncanny X-Men #137?)

Reed is his best friend. (He is also Uatu's favorite human too.)

Also, it just so happens that Uatu has gone MISSING! The Inhumans can't find his big bald ass no where on the DSOT Moon.

So, how would you feel if the Sentry was actually the friggin Watcher?

eek!

Psycho Ninja
Holy **** wait till Whirly hears this !!!

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by Psycho Ninja
Holy **** wait till Whirly hears this !!!

Whirly's gone for a longtime. smile Thanks to his friends Evil Genius/Splatterpuss/Enigma W Etc... Of course it doesn't stop him from coming on. He kept coming on with different profiles each day and such until I told Raz, Paola, Windancer, and Ushgarak about him. smile

Of course he could still browse without logging in. Happy Dance

hoorayforpeepee
that would be cool...i guess it would prove that sentry really could whoop on thanos.

Fishy 500
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
Whirly's gone for a longtime. smile Thanks to his friends Evil Genius/Splatterpuss/Enigma W Etc... Of course it doesn't stop him from coming on. He kept coming on with different profiles each day and such until I told Raz, Paola, Windancer, and Ushgarak about him. smile

Really .... sad

Yes now Thorv can return !!!!!!!!!

Long Pig where did you get this from ?

The Ion
Well it's certainly better than, "I took a serum...."

This would be pretty cool.

kgkg
Uatu as a Hero doesn't sound good

Too powerful to be a hero

Fishy 500
Originally posted by kgkg

But a million exploding suns, sounds acceptable ? confused roll eyes (sarcastic)

Scoobless

but so is Sentry

i think this thoery is possible... and i'm annoyed that i didn't think of it mad

but i really don't know too much about watchers so i'll let myself off the hook......... this time

smile

thesilverspider
it wouldn't make much sense since marvel tried to sell sentry as being a golden age hero that was forgotten.

Maestro
It does sort of explain sentry apparently stalemating Galactus, I wouldn't put it pass Uatu being able to stalemate a normal or hungry galactus.

kgkg
Originally posted by Fishy 500
But a million exploding suns, sounds acceptable ? confused roll eyes (sarcastic)
That is stupid to lol
big grin

The Ion
Originally posted by Fishy 500
Too true. laughing

Additionally this would explain how he mindwiped the entire planet.

kgkg
Originally posted by Maestro
It does sort of explain sentry apparently stalemating Galactus, I wouldn't put it pass Uatu being able to stalemate a normal or hungry galactus.
Ya Uatu can battle Galactus with no problem.

hotsauce6548
Who is Uatu? confused

thesilverspider
Originally posted by hotsauce6548
Who is Uatu? confused

dont read marvel much do you?

kgkg
Who is Uatu? confused One of the watchers

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by thesilverspider
dont read marvel much do you?

Apparently.

One of the watchers

And the Watchers?

thesilverspider
go here http://www.marveldirectory.com/alienraces/watchers.htm

kgkg
http://www.marveldirectory.com/alienraces/watchers.htm

kgkg
Originally posted by thesilverspider
go here http://www.marveldirectory.com/alienraces/watchers.htm mad

thesilverspider
mad

too slow. stick out tongue

The Ion
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/2159/05streetsamuraidcp461bw.th.jpg http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/6166/05streetsamuraidcp472vo.th.jpg

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by The Ion
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/2159/05streetsamuraidcp461bw.th.jpg http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/6166/05streetsamuraidcp472vo.th.jpg

Hey, I've seen that little guy before! eek!

roughrider
Hey, I've seen that little guy before! eek!

He's not little. Four stories at least.

The Ion
Yeah, in JLA/Avengers his head was about as big as the Watchtower.

Maestro
Ya Uatu can battle Galactus with no problem.

Do I notice a hint of sarcasm there?, Galactus has stalemated/lost to weaker people.

kgkg
Originally posted by Maestro
Do I notice a hint of sarcasm there?, Galactus has stalemated/lost to weaker people. Sarcasm? na

Uata is close to Galactus

thesilverspider
Sarcasm? na

Uata is close to Galactus

true

Laminator_X
The first being to behold Galan after he emerged from his original ship was one of the Watchers. He recognized his hunger and power and so debated with himself weather it was justified to break his oath to save the universe from suffering such a creature and kill him. He decided not to even attempt it, but rather to honour their oath to observe. Just the same, this Watcher thought he could kill the proto-Galactus. Not the same as fully-developed-Galan, but still...

joesha28
DC came up with Superman as a christ-like figure. Jesus was from heaven born into earth and Superman came into earth from krypton. Maybe Sentry is also like a christ-like figure. Jesus is the begotten son of God... Sentry might be begotten by 1 of the watchers or great beings.

Psycho Ninja
But Jesus was adorred in Heaven, Uatu is hated among his peers, nevertheless, similliar !!!

Laminator_X
Originally posted by joesha28
DC came up with Superman as a christ-like figure. Jesus was from heaven born into earth and Superman came into earth from krypton. Maybe Sentry is also like a christ-like figure. Jesus is the begotten son of God... Sentry might be begotten by 1 of the watchers or great beings.

Odd connection to make, as Siegel and Schuster were both Jewish. Especially in his early days, Big Blue had far more in common with Samson than Jesus. The Messianic Superman is a much more modern take.

Arahan
Someone with that knowledge should have much better fighting skills.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Arahan
Someone with that knowledge should have much better fighting skills.

like Stephen Hawking? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Adam Warlock

no What Rubbish laughing

DarkCrawler
"The Watchers are a vastly powerful, ancient extraterrestrial race who untold eons ago undertook the task of passively observing the phenomena of the universe."

Nothing came out of TV, huh?

Scoobless
I'm thinking that Sentry might be some agent of Lord Order and Master Chaos.... like the inbetweener:

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/1366/inbtwnr10ym.jpg

http://marvelite.prohosting.com/surfer/profiles/inbetweener.html

during "The End" Thanos noted that Order and Chaos are essential parts of the Universe... and that when order fails the void wins
(I realise he's not talking about the specific character "Void".... but still.....)

http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/4200/thanosvoid24jg.th.png

Plus it also points to Order being represented by light and Chaos by blackness..... but it's always shown like that in comics

it would also explain why he claims to have the power of a billion exploding suns.... as the universe itself would be his power source

there is an obvious conflict between order and chaos shown in Sentry's comics

last time the Inbetweener got his order/chaos thrown out of whack it messed up Marvel earth with those weird portals that enveloped most of the major cities.... so there's no shortage of power there

Scarlet Witch forced the Inbetweener back together last time he was split apart... maybe she f**ked it up a little

(but on the plus side of his last crazy time.... he smacked Namor around like a little b!tch) .... s'up DC? big grin

i'm not saying i'm completely sold on this idea.... it just occured to me and i wanted to share it

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Scoobless

(but on the plus side of his last crazy time.... he smacked Namor around like a little b!tch) .... s'up DC? big grin

Pfft, Namor was the only one of Avengers who got few shots in.

Sir Whirlysplat
Probably rubbish Scoobs but good extrapolation and it makes more sense than most of that stuff on here.

A+ bullshit

Scoobless
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Pfft, Namor was the only one of Avengers who got few shots in.

the next strongest Avenger there was probably Cap..... that is until Thor showed up just in time to save Namor's life (cos he's a pansy).... then he proceeded to smack Inbetweener down

long pig
Thor beat a full powered in-betweener?

The Ion
King Thor did. One of the few times he wasn't jobbing and I'm not sure if he was at full power.

DarkCrawler
We all know who Sentry really is...

He is...SUBBIE!

http://www.geocities.com/jjnevins/subbie.html

Think about it! Toro was bough back in one Sub-Mariner comics, Bucky is Winter Soldier...what about Subbie!?

It all comes clear in my mind...the Watchtower resembles Subbie's uniform...and there are other things.

Am I making any logic?

Or...have I finally snapped. blink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.